Favorite Jean Grey looks?

#1 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

My three personal favorites are her past/present, depending on your perspective, Marvel now look, her New Xmen look, and her good old green phoenix costume

#2 Edited by Dayvid3 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of partial to...

#3 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked a lot the New X-Men one, while I think that the original one is the worst.

#4 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3: bah-hahahaha! that's pretty good..

@jojo111: I can't get down with anything to do with the Phoenix, just can't do it.

I do think most characters can pull off the school uniform, but I always think she looks weird with the original mask. Although I do like versions of it that have her hair coming out the top, or that just forgo the mask altogether.

But my all time favourites would probably be a tie between this X-factor outfit

and her Morrison era look, depending on the tone of the story or what she's doing, I guess.

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's look for Jean will always be my fave.

But, i always did have a soft spot for this costume, always hoped that had she return one day (cause she will), it'd be in a remake of this:

#6 Posted by judasnixon (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Never looked that great to me :I

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

Kind of partial to...

My favorite as well.

#9 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4181 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked the New X-Men look:

White Phoenix of the Crown looks cool, too. Too bad going Phoenix tends to put her more on the Cosmic side and ruins her reasons for being an X-Man:

#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: @phoenixofthetides:

I dunno if you guys know this, but it's an interesting piece of trivia that the white Phoenix costume was actually the original design. It was rejected in favour of the classic green because, due to the way comics were printed in the late 70's, the art editors realized that you'd be able to read the next page through her costume.

I've actually always thought that would have been a cool effect, given the nature of her powers, but I guess it would've seemed a bit random if the next page was an add for X-ray specs, fruit pies, or a "realistic" human skeleton -only 75 cents!

#12 Posted by versusfranca (4 posts) - - Show Bio

for me the phoenix uniform (all of them) are classic as hell! she looks great, sexy, powerful in that outfit.

but morrisons also did a great job too, she looks imponent and respectfull.

the one that i dont like is the 90s uniform...

#13 Posted by jeangreyemmafrost (119 posts) - - Show Bio

This one's counted, right?

<3

#14 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

As Karen Grant with brunette hair.

#16 Posted by GREGalicious (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love her original Age of Apocalypse costume, along with her blue X-Factor outfit, her green Phoenix outfit (although I tend to like the way it looked on the animated series more so than the comic for some reason) and her current All-New X-Men outfit.

#17 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so slick, cool and hip looking!

#18 Posted by Farkam (5297 posts) - - Show Bio

The 90's look.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.