Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Confused Much. Vote Yes or No

• 58 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I am little confused on how many people what her to come back.  Vote Yes if you do and No if you don't. You don't have to be fan of  hers to vote and the final question. Would Uncanny X-MEN or X-Men Legacy benefit from her return. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

This might have functioned better as a poll.  

I'm currently undecided. 

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By time1

I say Yes, X-Men is not the same without her. Uncanny X-MEN would benefit, they need to get rid of Matt Fraction, he sucks so bad.  

No Caption Provided
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_

I agree about Fraction sucking for the most part.  

But what makes Jean so amazing?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By time1

Well I highlight this in my thread called Jean Grey Factor. She has better relationship with a lot of x-men, Storm, Beast, wolverine, charles etc. Storm I feel has less authority in the X-MEN, she argues with Cyclops & Emma a a lot and doesn't seem to win the arguments, with Jean she would, for sure. There not much sisterhood in X-Men anymore is just about Emma Frost or Kitty or Rogue. She has better powers than a lot of them, and  She more passionate, forgiving and a lot kinder. I think she put Surge & Emma frost in there place. Surge has to much attitude. She might be a  better role model for the younger students or characters like X-23. She much better than Rachel Grey & Hope. Hope is boring.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By warlock360

I vote yes so we have more credibility for the battle threads (comparison wise)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @warlock360 said:
    " I vote yes so we have more credibility for the battle threads (comparison wise) "
    I like how that's your reasoning.  

@time said:
    " Well I highlight this in my thread called Jean Grey Factor. She has better relationship with a lot of x-men, Storm, Beast, wolverine, charles etc. Storm I feel has less authority in the X-MEN, she argues with Cyclops & Emma a a lot and doesn't seem to win the arguments, with Jean she would, for sure. There not much sisterhood in X-Men anymore is just about Emma Frost or Kitty or Rogue. She has better powers than a lot of them, and  She more passionate, forgiving and a lot kinder. I think she put Surge & Emma frost in there place. Surge has to much attitude. She might be a  better role model for the younger students or characters like X-23. She much better than Rachel Grey & Hope. Hope is boring. "
    Hope > Jean. I'll argue the rest of your points when I'm not as wired on caffeine.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @warlock360 said:
    " I vote yes so we have more credibility for the battle threads (comparison wise) "
    I like how that's your reasoning.  

@time said:
    " Well I highlight this in my thread called Jean Grey Factor. She has better relationship with a lot of x-men, Storm, Beast, wolverine, charles etc. Storm I feel has less authority in the X-MEN, she argues with Cyclops & Emma a a lot and doesn't seem to win the arguments, with Jean she would, for sure. There not much sisterhood in X-Men anymore is just about Emma Frost or Kitty or Rogue. She has better powers than a lot of them, and  She more passionate, forgiving and a lot kinder. I think she put Surge & Emma frost in there place. Surge has to much attitude. She might be a  better role model for the younger students or characters like X-23. She much better than Rachel Grey & Hope. Hope is boring. "
    Hope > Jean. I'll argue the rest of your points when I'm not as wired on caffeine. "
    Your funny
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @time: Yeah...my urge to try and discuss any points with you kind of just flew out the window. People are entitled to their own opinions. I have mine you have yours. You don't need to be condescending about it because clearly I wasn't joking.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360
    @The Dark Huntress: ya don't always need a reason for things ;p let alone a acceptable one
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @warlock360: So much truth there. :D
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time1

I wan't being  condescending, I was being honest

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By treysome

I vote yes, she's done so much for the X-Men and I would like to come back to the x fold.
    Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yumulu

I vote no, never really cared for the character but she is named the freaking Phoenix so it pretty a given she's coming back.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By fesak  Moderator

No. She's obsolete and pointless.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By warlock360
    @fesak said:
    " No. She's obsolete and pointless. "
    somehow, i can't take that statement serious with that av of yours LOL
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CATPANEXE

I can just see her popping back in like she never left, alongside Havok, Polaris, and Racheal

Cyclops: " ????????!!!????? "
    Havok: " Dude, we ran into her months ago. You would like know that if you ever answered my messages, duh?!"

seriously, she will anyways, what i want is irrelevant. 
    as long as its written in a fashion that makes sense (knock on wood) and the story is good so be it.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By JonesDeini

No on all accounts 

I'm not a Jean hater, but fervently believe the character has nothing left to offer. I mean what she comes back and causes tension between Scott/Emma? Cures M-Day? Screws around with Logan? All too obvious and too boring, I see no further utility for her character. How about we get Rachael back from space an focus on building a character who still has avenues to explore?

SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By SirSparkington

No. 

I've never disliked her character, but I think the X-men have moved on from the point where she would be relevant.

antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By antiterra

I vote no. I don't hate her, but I'm absolutely not looking forward to the inevitable drama and predictable Phoenix nonsense that her return would bring. And if she does come back, I wouldn't want her on Legacy - that book belongs to Rogue (and Magneto).

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to her return if a good writer (i.e. someone with a long-term vision beyond the next 5-issue arc) came up with a genuinely clever take on the character that made her feel fresh - and not just a hyped-six-months-in-advance marketing event to drive sales.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kid_Zombie

NO!

Dislike her, and would like to see more original stuff less rehash dead then alive dead then alive, plus in terms of marvel characters i think they consider everything to have happened in the last 11 or 12 years, shes died and come back almost once a year ha ha no wonder cyclops was messed up.

Although there were some great ideas in the comments from the  "generation hope" article, so I will always go in favor for a decent story. I say No, unless the story is so kick ass that she must come back.

psyrax2k11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By psyrax2k11

YES! 

For one thing, she's one of the original X-men; she's the very first X-woman!  I would think she'd be placed in higher status in that sense.  She has done a lot for the X-Men, it's not the same without her.  I hate when people say that a character has run their course, that there's nothing left to do with them--that's bull.  Jean Grey has tons and tons of stories to tell; she just needs that good writer to writer her properly.  That being said, I do think that when she comes back; it would be good for her to move away from anything related to the letter 'X'.  I've always said I think she'd make a great Avenger; I think she'd fit well on that team.  I also believe that she could return and not mess up the relationship between Scott and Emma; hell her return could be a secret to them for a time--it's been done before, it can happen again.  So again, I say YES!  Let Jean Grey return!
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By NeoAndroid

Hmm i say Yes literally because i love the character and i think alot more could be done with her. And also shes way over due for a return. Its because of jean grey i got into comics, so Yes i want her back and i want it like yesterday. I dont mind if she comes back with the phoenix but used fully under control and not always show the bird. Let her use her TK and Telepathy, as well as her flight etc. Hell even use her TK to enhance her strength to where she could go toe to toe with like wonder man just for a change. Or let her talk to the Scarlet Witch, which in honest Jean Grey seems pretty immune to Wandas power thanks to her Omega Level

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By papad1992

No... Life's easier that way!! Plus all the mutants have enough on their plates already, last they need is an emotionally mental entity-thingy messing up with their path to peaceful exisistence (Even though they're far from reaching it)!!!
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

NO. 

She's a boring God Mode Sue. The worst type of character.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercy_
    @antiterra said:
    "

I vote no. I don't hate her, but I'm absolutely not looking forward to the inevitable drama and predictable Phoenix nonsense that her return would bring. And if she does come back, I wouldn't want her on Legacy - that book belongs to Rogue (and Magneto).

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to her return if a good writer (i.e. someone with a long-term vision beyond the next 5-issue arc) came up with a genuinely clever take on the character that made her feel fresh - and not just a hyped-six-months-in-advance marketing event to drive sales.

"
    Another awesome post. 
    digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By digimod
    @antiterra said:
    "I wouldn't be opposed to her return if a good writer (i.e. someone with a long-term vision beyond the next 5-issue arc) came up with a genuinely clever take on the character that made her feel fresh - and not just a hyped-six-months-in-advance marketing event to drive sales."
    Unfortunately in this case the two are mutually exclusive and the norm over the last few years points to the latter - if it were to happen.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yes

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Bestostero

Yes, come back, PLEASE :)

Avengers #13 X-Men Evolution Cover Jean Grey
    Avengers #13 X-Men Evolution Cover Jean Grey

While I do agree that the X-Men has moved on, I think she can  find a way back that maybe doesn't involve them or have her move on too.  Maybe she can take over Emma's previous role and work with a new Hellfire Club ....I doubt it lol, but i love jean, always will.  and will keep crossing my fingers for her return.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceIMC

If she comes back I don't want her to be an X-Man. It'll just all be about Cyclops being her ex-husband, Wolverine being in love with her, same old same old. If she comes back I want her to go to the Avengers with Beast or something. Maybe bring Iceman with her. But not one of the twelve Avengers teams Wolverine is on. Imagine Jean Grey on the Secret Avengers.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Shadowdoggy

no 
    she did what she had to do and played a pivotal role in the Marvel U and in the legacy of the X-Men 
    but that was then 
    this is now
    charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By charlieboy

i am sure she will come back eventually. i am not really a big fan of hope. although i do like rachel better than either jean or hope.
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By A-Strondinaire

Yes only if the Phoenix is completely excercised from Jean I feel like ever since Claremont gave her the Phoenix every writer has used it to either A) Make her all powerful, B) Give reason to kill her, or C) or tack on more powers to make her better. Jean Grey has become a joke with the many times she's died it's hung a lampshade on anytime somebody else dies, cosmic powers are going crazy, or when someone comes back.

I feel Jean as a character deserves to be fleshed out by herself just the same as Sue Storm has the reason being these two were the only women among their respective team so from most of those times they were there explaining their powers or commenting on how weak they were (Watch X:TAS and The Fantastic Four from around the same time and tell me they're interchangeable). now look at Sue taking on The Gladiator (granted with help from Captain Britain but she was fighting none the less) now look at Jean Grey (MVC3 MUA2 last major appearances) her names Phoenix and she won't shut-up about how much Dark Phoenix will appear. If she returns with the Phoenix I'll set up a coutdown for how long till she goes back in limbo and I'll take bids for how and when she'll return.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By ReVamp

Yes. Get her back with Cyk

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Caligula

No

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By A-Strondinaire

@JonesDeini:

The same can be said for Rachel she comes back and talks about how bad things were in space, how much she needs her mom right now, bad mouth Emma and Scotts unholy unreal uninteresting union, does what she can for M-Day and waits for another writer to write an event around her? (Or any other Kitty Archetypes) All characters don't have to have the same storylines to validate their existence. I'm sure there's a writer out there willing to give her more than enough interesting plots.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Thunderscream

I wouldn't mind her coming back if there was the promise that the Phoenix Force would sever it's ties to her. I'd say enough time has passed since her latest death.

Maybe if she were to be completely powerless and take on the role of Dr. Jean Grey from X1&2 by shadowing Beast...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mercy_
    @Thunderscream: That no-Phoenix isn't a bad idea in theory, but it's been retconned that she and the Phoenix are now basically one and the same. Even if they were to write a way around that, to be completely honest, it would only be a matter of time before she and the Phoenix found each other again and the cycle started over.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Thunderscream
    @The Dark Huntress:  dash a boy's dreams why dontcha ;)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_
    @Thunderscream: It's what I'm here for ;)
    Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ashra

Yes.

If she'll come back and roast Emma's a**, leaving behind only a melted puddle of silicone in her place. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes, bring Jean back.
    jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jubilee042

i think she can cure m-day

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @jubilee042 said:
    " i think she can cure m-day "
    How would she manage that? lol
    jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jubilee042

lol phoenix powers
    and her blood is said to be so pure that it can grant anyone powers

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By time1

To be honest, I don't think Jean needs to cure M-day. There is to many Mutants. Mutants are flourishing.  It's like M-day never happened.

1  Cypher 2 Ariel 3 Dust 4 Anole 5 The  Cuckoos Sisters 6 Trance 7 Stinger 8 Surge 9 Sunspot 10 Match 11 Maglik  12 Magma 13 Loa 14  Elixi 15 Hellion 16 Bling 17 Blindfold 18 Armor 19  Hope Summers 20  Rockslide 21 Mercury 22  Prodigy  23  Random 24 Pixie 25 Karma 26 Empath 27 Indra 28 Perro  29 Husk & 30 X-23

As well as  the core members Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine & Rogue etc. As well as X-Factor & the New Mutants. Do we really need any more mutants. How many of them are actually good? I prefer Jean over most of new mutants & students.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EmmaGrace

Yes bring her back, depowered to an extent. Not the point where she has to moan and scream to lift a book. What is the longest period of time she's been dead?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @EmmaGrace said:
    "

Yes bring her back, depowered to an extent. Not the point where she has to moan and scream to lift a book. What is the longest period of time she's been dead?

"
    technically her current status I believe is the longest she's been gone but I maybe wrong I forgot how long madelyn was in her place O_O

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.