As a teenager?

#1 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

So I heard Jean Grey is coming back as a teenager like around 17 or something like that. How do you guys think this is going to play out?

#2 Edited by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: It will be short lived I imagine. I don't think anybody really wants to see Jean come back permanent like if all her history has been erased.

#3 Edited by Dernman (15807 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody really wants to see it. That's true but I bet you a lot of people will buy it anyway. Especially when that's going to be the X Book were things happen.

#4 Posted by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

The original x-men are going to be around for a while. Since her adult counterpart is not around her younger self will at least get some decent development. In a few years when she's older she might merge with her adult's essence and get all the memories back.

#5 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucecapell said:

The original x-men are going to be around for a while. Since her adult counterpart is not around her younger self will at least get some decent development. In a few years when she's older she might merge with her adult's essence and get all the memories back.

Which is what they did the first time Jean came back as a younger self. The "real" Jean that was in stasis received all the memories from the Phoenix-as-Jean.

#6 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm well if she comes back I hope its permanent. I really dont mind her coming back as teenager since that will let the writers do alot with her character. Im just wondering how it will turn out.

#7 Edited by Linore (25 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO it's kinda a cop out to bring her back as a teenager. For I don't want the same mistakes that happened to the character to repeat itself. But this could play out well if the writers do it right

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

It would just be the best thing in the world if they kill her off. I bet a lot of her fans (myself excluded) will be furious, and sad to the point of wanting to do something bad to themselves.

#9 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Jean is better than no Jean I guess. It would would work better for me if the others that land with her got sent home rather than two Scotts, Hanks etc roaming around.

#10 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower:I think older Scott will be "going away" after AVX but I agree it's just pointless to have 2 Bobby, Hank and Warrens.

#11 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see her come back and develop into something close to her 1610 counter part.

#12 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll probably be a teen for a couple of issues, then somehow get sent to the far future and age a couple of years, return to the present so Marvel can have Wolverine stealing locks of her hair again.

#13 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist: Lol, but thats one of the things I like about her being young. she can have different love interest or none at all.

I much rather have normal Jean back though. So I hope you are right :D.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.