Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

As a Jean Grey fan, do you like Emma Frost

• 54 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

This thread is dedicated to Jean Grey's fans, not Emma Frost fans, but Emma fans, your more than welcome to post your opinions.

These questions are about how you feel about Jean and Emma.

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ?

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ?

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ?

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ?

5) Would you prefer them to be friends?

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ?

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ?

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ?

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ?

Share your views, please.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc
    1. I like Emma Frost. She has been a good gf to Cyclops but not a good X-Men leading lady. Jean was, is and always will be better
    2. Emma did not earn the right to be a X-Men leading lady nor did she sleep her way to the top. Marvel capitalized on her villainous backstory and her hot, slutty looks.
    3. Jean does indeed deserve to be treated better than Emma. Emma will not be pushed aside like Jean was
    4. I'm glad Jean is back and want to see an interesting rivalry between her and Emma again.
    5. No
    6. I don't know. I hope not.
    7. I want Emma and Scott to be together. Jean should be able to get a much better man. She certainly deserves a better one. Emma is the better gf for Scott because he doesn't deserve Jean.
    8. They might. They shouldn't.
    9. I don't know but they should.
    10. Yes.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By time1

@PowerHerc said:

1. I like Emma Frost. She has been a good gf to Cyclops but not a good X-Men leading lady. Jean was, is and always will be better
    2. Emma did not earn the right to be a X-Men leading lady nor did she sleep her way to the top. Marvel capitalized on her villainous backstory and her hot, slutty looks.
    3. Jean does indeed deserve to be treated better than Emma. Emma will not be pushed aside like Jean was
    4. I'm glad Jean is back and want to see an interesting rivalry between her and Emma again.
    5. No
    6. I don't know. I hope not.
    7. I want Emma and Scott to be together. Jean should be able to get a much better man. She certainly deserves a better one. Emma is the better gf for Scott because he doesn't deserve Jean.
    8. They might. They shouldn't.
    9. I don't know but they should.
    10. Yes.

What man do you think Jean should be with ?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

@time:

I don't know. I haven't ever picked a new one out for her.

Maybe she could be without one for a while. Plenty of male heroes go without having a steady gf.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By time1

@PowerHerc said:

@time:

I don't know. I haven't ever picked a new one out for her.

Maybe she could be without one for a while. Plenty of male heroes go without having a steady gf.

I don't think she should be with anyone yet, when she grows up I want her to be with Logan. I adore there friendship and love there chemistry.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

@time: I don't really like the idea of her being with Logan, but that would be a better choice than Scott. Far better.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@PowerHerc said:

@time: I don't really like the idea of her being with Logan, but that would be a better choice than Scott. Far better.

You heard the news about Kid Omega, Jean is going on a date with him. How sad is that ?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

@time said:

@PowerHerc said:

You heard the news about Kid Omega, Jean is going on a date with him. How sad is that ?

That's worse than having her be with Scott. Marvel just loves to f*** with Jean.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mutant God

In two Alternate futures KO is the Phoenix so they have something in common

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10  Edited By x_29
    1. Yes,yes and yes
    2. *Sigh*
    3. No
    4. Meh
    5. Sure, why not
    6. No
    7. Emma and Scott
    8. No
    9. No
    10. She's okay
    Onihana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Onihana

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? YES

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? YES to some degree, no in other.... mainly due to poor writing

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ? Well lets hope they both get treated with respect.....

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? Kinda, can't say until there is more to go on.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? Not really but would like to see Jean read her mind and see her point of view on things.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. No

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? Emma

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? No, please no

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? I see retcon at some point or a new universe due to time issues.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? ehh personalitiy wise yes. story wise seems to be bandis wis,pis writing

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crimsonlord53

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? Yes and yes to the first two she,s been a unique leading lady. Better no just different.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ?

Considering she had to earn the trust of the rest of the X men not just scott she earned her spot.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ? No there both unique characters and should be treated with respect.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? Yes and no jean and emma are great snipping at each other as adults an adult emma bickering with a teen jean ugg no thanks.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? No there is to much between the woman to every let the past go. A teacher student pairing could be fun though.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?.

No she swore revenge against a phoenix powered jean to extract revenge on a woman who knows little of why emma is doing whatever emma is trying to do seem,s pointless.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? No. Maybe. Emma and scott just because of the mess jean and scott became before her death. Emma

God I hope not!

I,d like to think so but they need a awesome story to do it.

Yeah so far.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

This thread is dedicated to Jean Grey's fans, not Emma Frost fans, but Emma fans, your more than welcome to post your opinions.

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ?

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ?

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ?

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ?

1. shes not better then jean grey but what can i say with emma frost sex sells because shes sexy

2. sleep her way to the top like with shaw too

3.no big changes are coming for emma but i hope she doesnt die

4. yes and no there rivalry is over but i wouldnt mind jean saying some sly remarks at emma

5.emma and jean friends ha ha ha ha ha NO but it would be interesting to see...jean would want to be friends with anyone even people who ruined her life

6. no emma probably forgot about that..lol

7. jean is scotts foirst love and soul mate...but if jean stays dead i gues scott will go back to emma urgh

8. yes but it would be wierd

9. i wish so i dont know

10. hell yes!!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol awwww

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By CerealKiller

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ?: I think jean works well as a leading lady, perhaps better than emma since she's more likeable in universe, but emma is great too.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ?: i think she made her way very quickly into the x-men and didn't bother earning their respect, but eventually did in a way just by doing her own thing. I definitely don't think she slept her way to the top.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ? I hope not, i want both ladies to be treated with respect. I think its unfair to readers to make one come out on top of the other because then that way it ruins it for one side of fans.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ?:im not ecstatic but i wont write it off. I think theyre rivalry would be fun if they kept it at a snarky disdain for eachother. Making them full on enemies would annoy me.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends?: not friends but i kind of want them to have a mutual respect for eachother...deep deep down that they would never admit haha. Kind of like how emma and kitty were in astonishing. They dont like eachother but they can be on the same team.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. no, i think emma would have more class than to attack a teenager. i hope writers dont make her do this.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? i think emma and scott are good for eachother. jean and scott is well and truly done.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? i wouldnt mind if it happened but im not setting my heart on it. either way is fine.

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? im going to wait and see that happens with teen jean first.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? i think he's writing her well so far

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chasereis

@time:

1) Emma was a good foil to Jean and an excellent villain. I always felt she was out of place with Scott and little more than a stand in to Jean.

2) She was Scott's sex toy and there for fan-service after the Morrison debacle, only Whedon wrote her in a interesting manner and even then she acted like a borderline narcissistic criminal. But that was her role and now that it has become stale writers are moving to nostalgia to generate more interest and by proxy increase (or retain) sales.

3) Emma will be pushed aside. Jean never deserved to be treated badly, it is just that Claremont did such a job writing her as Phoenix everyone else save for Louise Simonson, did not have the testicular fortitude to be original and to take her into undiscovered territory instead driving her right back to Phoenix-ville.

4) Emma, You MAKE JEAN MAD, JEAN SMASH!

5) I honestly don't know about that, but I have a feeling it will happen if for nothing else to salve the hurt from Cyke x Emma fans by editorial.

6) Emma won't do anything. If she does it will likely have a huge repercussion perhaps turn Cyclops permanently against her, even turn her fully villain again.

7) Scott and Jean were designed to be together, they will be again at some point within the next couple of years.

8) God...no. The space fling was bad enough, let's move this story line back into unrequited love where it is far more interesting.

9) Yes they will. Fans want it and it will sell books.

10) Still on the fence, but so far so good.

EmmaGraceFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EmmaGraceFrost

I swear I hate Jean Grey fans that can't execpt that fact THESE ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARTERS ! JEEZ! everytime Jean is mentioned Emma's name is right behind it...just seperate the two characters then everyone can be happy! ^_^

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yasiiii4

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? No I think she's a slut, obviously she's not that good of a girlfriend if she made out with Namor. Jean treated Scott so well and did everything for him, then he just straight cheated and left.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? I don't think she does, I do think she slept her way to the top. You just can't go from villain to Xmen so fast, especially when its someone like her who is manipulative

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ? Of course Jean deserves to be treated better than Emma, in my mind Jean has done nothing wrong and mainly been the victim. I hope they push Emma aside

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? I am, but I still want the 616 version of her back more. And I doubt there will be a rivalry with Jean being so young

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? No they should just send Emma somewhere far far away to never be seen again

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. Not now, she's only a kid, that'd just be ridiculous

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? Scott doesn't deserve to EVER get back with Jean, and quite frankly I think he deserves NO ONE

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? THEY SHOULD!

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? YES YES YES! they need to

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? Yes, but I still want the 616 version back

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Blood1991

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? I like Jean, but I like Emma more. Emma was a great girl friend for Scott, but Jean is and would be regardless if it happened a better wife. I like her more, but I wouldn't say either is better than the other.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top? She didn't sleep her way to the top, but I do feel she was rushed to the role. Regardless she handled the role perfectly for the era of X-Men. It was to dark for Jean "I'd make the same argument for Storm though she deserved something" and she would be appalled with what Scott has become.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was? No and No.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again? No, this girl isn't Jean in my opinion. She is far to aggressive and lacks Jean's grace.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? No.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid? Not unless Jean provokes her..

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend? Neither Scott has wronged both and both deserve better.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they? Not teen Jean, and no.

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they? Probably, No.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey? No.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By x_29

@EmmaGraceFrost said:

I swear I hate Jean Grey fans that can't execpt that fact THESE ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARTERS ! JEEZ! everytime Jean is mentioned Emma's name is right behind it...just seperate the two characters then everyone can be happy! ^_^

I could say the same for Emma Frost fans.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By snyderman567

Jean grey is more vanilla than ice cream.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aww, so cute
    aww, so cute

yes it would stink if teen jean goes back to the past and stays dead that would make the finale nail in her coffin.......i wish she would come back, maybe they can find the phoenix egg on the moon...lol

No Caption Provided
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lykopis

Emma has been the best thing for Scott since Jean's death and has done a wonderful job as a good X-Men leading lady. Not better than Jean Grey, they have entirely different approaches in both positions -- it's not an either/or thing.

To even ask this question -- no, she didn't sleep her way to the top. Just what is this "top"? Getting to sleep with Scott?

Jean deserves to be treated as Jean. If you mean by the other X-Men, then I would say Jean would be approached a lot differently. Everyone remembers her as their long-lost wife/best friend/sister/mother figure. Emma arrived into the scene as she way -- with no apologies. With her, Emma remained constant. I am hoping Emma won't be pushed aside but seems to be the fate of women connected with Scott.

It's interesting Jean is back as her teenage self. The rivalry to me is over and done with. Jean had Scott turn to Emma -- clearly she knew Emma was good for Scott.

Yes. Very much so.

No. This Jean did nothing to her, plus, she's a kid. Emma has always been shown to be very protective of her students, attacking a teenager wouldn't make sense at all.

It should be Emma and Scott. It's a better relationship for Scott, the battle-worn man. Jean was perfect as a companion to him becoming a man and vice-versa. It's done. They grew past each other.

Ugh. I hope not. Most annoying, repetitive crap, ever.

They will send Jean back. No reason to keep her when she has things to do. Like get Phoenix'd.

Nope.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@x_29: Then cyclops fan getting and its just uhg. XD

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By x_29

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@x_29: Then cyclops fan getting and its just uhg. XD

???

I have no idea what you just typed.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@x_29: Oh sorry I typed this on my ipod in a hurry. I was just saying some cyclops fans dislike Jean more than Emma fans.

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? I do like Emma Forst, she was a great "woman behind the man". As a leading lady she let her man run the show and she did what she thought was best, to her best. As far as being better, No because Jean isnt a Behind the man type of woman, When Xavier left in New X-Men Jean was in charge.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? This answer is tricky, its a little of both. She wanted Scott, i dont think it had anything to do with working her way to the top. But how she went about pursuing Scott was trashy and classless, tho she claims to be "top class bred".

I wouldnt say just off sheer tit for tat that Jean should be treated better , but I do think Marvel should treat the first X-Woman with more respect than has been shown. I feel that Jean's story is more something they wanna explore rather then Emma trailing behind Scott and being seen as a villain again.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? I love Jean so im glad she's back. Rivalry, not really its been done, maybe a quick "woman to woman" as it were.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? Jean and Emma in New X-Men was as close as friends as they got, and if u were to read it without knowing anything about X-Men u would think that they are sisters. One perky friendly smart, the other sassy and smart.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. I doubt it, that would be counterprotductive to how Emma's character has grown, she might as well find Shaw and snatch the hellfire from those brats if thats what she will do.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? I would rather Scott be left alone, his girlfriends tend to ..die or have a extremely close encounters. Madelyne... died. Jean...Died. Emma..... near death about 2 or 3 times.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? I wouldve liked that during her original life, not now. Maybe when she goes back to the past, if she manages to stay alive, maybe...

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? I hope so, Jean is something who has been tied with baggage of failed marriage and over redundant self sacrificing deaths, im over it. Let her live. Give her the chance to be how great she was becoming.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? I think she has captured the essence of a young Jean and her personality pretty accuretly. I think he has captured the young Jean's essence and personality very well.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DarkxSeraph

She has been different than Jean Grey. Just like any relationship with a new partner, there may be some ways they are ‘better,’ but ultimately, it’s just different. I think Emma actually cared about Scott, this much is obvious.

When people mention sleeping to the top, they kind of forget her time at the Mass. Academy for years. Then, after being Headmistress at Xavier’s, how much she actually cared about the kids. You want proof, read the New X-Men Childhood’s end arc. She earned it.

This is a ridiculous question and was the topic of an entire other thread here. They BOTH deserve their due, not one over the other. Emma’s in her own book, Jean’s in her own book. Why does one have to always be held over the other in general? Let them be their own women.

What rivalry? Young Jean has no connection to her. Let it evolve naturally.

Probably not going to happen with Jean’s team being here to stop Scott’s ‘insanity.’

No. Different woman/girl. I don’t think Emma is that shallow. This revenge would mean nothing.

Not with young Jean. That’s just pervy. Each relationship was good for different reasons, and each was a good partner for different reasons. This is a Coke vs. Pepsi question.

NO. Not young Jean. Again… this is too pervy. She’s around 16, for chrissakes.

Jean’s part of the Phoenix. She’s never really truly dead. Should they return her? *shrug*

Young Jean is interesting and dealing with a lot of stuff. It’s a pretty interesting read.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes if the phoenix revived jean technecally shes alive just not in the 616 verse.....shes in the white hot room and can visit any timeline/verse she want to.....i think she stays away from the 616 verse is because emma is alive and with scott, if emma was to die maybe jean would come back......i dont get in new x-men jean died but it could have easily been emma who died or beast but they choose jean...argh

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey? --- Yes I am an Emma Frost fan, and personally I do think her and Cyclops were good together. I believe that not everyone will be with their first love, or second love or even third. That being said I think Emma evolved Cyclops as a better character and a better leader for mutants. So yes, she was a good girlfriend for him at the time.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? ---I honestly don’t believe she slept her way at the top. If Xavier didn’t want her with the X-Men I think he would have made it his duty to keep her out of the group. That being said, she had many qualities that were good as a X-Men Leading lady. She had the experience as a teacher, a head mistress and if you read her mini series you know that she’s always had a true passion for helping her students out. So I think she deserves to be seen if not a leading X-Men, definitely a leading X-Character leading lady.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was? --- I personally don’t think either characters should be treated worse than an other. Both characters are strong females who are complex in their own ways. Jean has her perks and so does Emma. I don’t believe Emma will be pushed aside now that Jean is back, however I do think that there will be a dramatic change in her character as Bendis keeps hinting.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? --- I’m very glad Jean is back. Although I am a bigger Emma character I don’t dislike Jean Grey. I also DO NOT want to see there rivalry again. It’s been done it’s recycled garbage if Bendis think to bring it all up again. This time around hopefully both Jean and Emma won’t be female characters who dispute over boys and past loves.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? --- I don’t wish for them to be friends. If anything the writers should be concerned with how Rachel and Jean should interact, instead of how Emma and Jean should. The two don’t need to meet nor do they need be concerned of one another. Emma is a women and Jean is a teenager there shouldn’t be any crossovers with the two.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. --- No. As many people believe Emma to be vengeful. It’s not her thing to be petty and if Bendis does write a rivalry in for Emma seeking vengeance on Jean it would be totally out of character, but then again I wouldn’t be surprised, it is Bendis after all.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? --- I think Emma was a better girlfriend for Scott as an adult and Jean was a better girlfriend for him as a teenager. Everyone needs different kinds of love. Emma shaped him into the man he was born to be. Jean shaped him into the perfect man she wanted him to be. That being said I think both female characters are better off without Scott.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? --- That’s disgusting she’s a teenager.

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? --- Personally I would have liked to see 616 version of Jean Grey rather than a past Jean Grey, and I’ll write my reasons below!

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? --- NO!!!! Jean Grey in the old comics is TOTALLY out of character to what they are portraying her as. Jean wouldn't be acting the way she’s acting in ANXM, whatsoever. She honestly would not be treating teen Scott like that because at the end of the day she was the "motherly" figure that kept the peace with all of the boys of the group.

It's just stupid how Bendis is writing her more like "i'm a bitch Jean who makes decisions for everyone we have to save the world from this madness and set things right." If anything a realistic version of Jean would have agreed with Angel and got Beast to ship them back to their own time.

It's just horrible writing and Bendis is not doing any justice for Jean Grey (in my eyes at least) and it's just garbage that I don't want to read. AND as much as I love Emma, I was glad we were getting a Jean back, but not this type of Jean, not this type of characterization. She's not the timid, loving girl that she was as a teen. She's a catty girl and I just don't buy it being her.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By snyderman567

@IllyanaRasputin said:

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey? --- Yes I am an Emma Frost fan, and personally I do think her and Cyclops were good together. I believe that not everyone will be with their first love, or second love or even third. That being said I think Emma evolved Cyclops as a better character and a better leader for mutants. So yes, she was a good girlfriend for him at the time.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? ---I honestly don’t believe she slept her way at the top. If Xavier didn’t want her with the X-Men I think he would have made it his duty to keep her out of the group. That being said, she had many qualities that were good as a X-Men Leading lady. She had the experience as a teacher, a head mistress and if you read her mini series you know that she’s always had a true passion for helping her students out. So I think she deserves to be seen if not a leading X-Men, definitely a leading X-Character leading lady.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was? --- I personally don’t think either characters should be treated worse than an other. Both characters are strong females who are complex in their own ways. Jean has her perks and so does Emma. I don’t believe Emma will be pushed aside now that Jean is back, however I do think that there will be a dramatic change in her character as Bendis keeps hinting.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? --- I’m very glad Jean is back. Although I am a bigger Emma character I don’t dislike Jean Grey. I also DO NOT want to see there rivalry again. It’s been done it’s recycled garbage if Bendis think to bring it all up again. This time around hopefully both Jean and Emma won’t be female characters who dispute over boys and past loves.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? --- I don’t wish for them to be friends. If anything the writers should be concerned with how Rachel and Jean should interact, instead of how Emma and Jean should. The two don’t need to meet nor do they need be concerned of one another. Emma is a women and Jean is a teenager there shouldn’t be any crossovers with the two.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. --- No. As many people believe Emma to be vengeful. It’s not her thing to be petty and if Bendis does write a rivalry in for Emma seeking vengeance on Jean it would be totally out of character, but then again I wouldn’t be surprised, it is Bendis after all.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? --- I think Emma was a better girlfriend for Scott as an adult and Jean was a better girlfriend for him as a teenager. Everyone needs different kinds of love. Emma shaped him into the man he was born to be. Jean shaped him into the perfect man she wanted him to be. That being said I think both female characters are better off without Scott.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? --- That’s disgusting she’s a teenager.

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? --- Personally I would have liked to see 616 version of Jean Grey rather than a past Jean Grey, and I’ll write my reasons below!

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? --- NO!!!! Jean Grey in the old comics is TOTALLY out of character to what they are portraying her as. Jean wouldn't be acting the way she’s acting in ANXM, whatsoever. She honestly would not be treating teen Scott like that because at the end of the day she was the "motherly" figure that kept the peace with all of the boys of the group.

It's just stupid how Bendis is writing her more like "i'm a bitch Jean who makes decisions for everyone we have to save the world from this madness and set things right." If anything a realistic version of Jean would have agreed with Angel and got Beast to ship them back to their own time.

It's just horrible writing and Bendis is not doing any justice for Jean Grey (in my eyes at least) and it's just garbage that I don't want to read. AND as much as I love Emma, I was glad we were getting a Jean back, but not this type of Jean, not this type of characterization. She's not the timid, loving girl that she was as a teen. She's a catty girl and I just don't buy it being her.

This!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#32  Edited By Teerack

What does being a fan of Jean have to do with Emma Frost?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Teerack said:

lol i think most people who like jean dont like emma and vice versa.....i should know i used to be one of those people

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By snyderman567

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@Teerack said:

lol i think most people who like jean dont like emma and vice versa.....i should know i used to be one of those people

You still are.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Why is she wearing shoes? Wasn't she in bed sleeping well trying to at least. Jean should try taking off her shoes it will help lol XD.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By chasereis

@Teerack said:

Indeed! Emma in my opinion is the only salvageable part from the Hellfire club. Not a good match for Cyclops, but an excellent character that I anticipate will shine brightly out of cyclops shadow. Just please don't re-hash the hellfire club.

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By marvellover1

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? No way she makes me so mad to look at, shes a complete slut, and Scotts an idiot, Jean is better than them both.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? She slept her way to the top 100%.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ? Jean is so innocent Emma needs to leave now, Jean is the victim in everything.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ? Any jean is better than none, I think.. Although my favourite is the 616 version I wish she was back.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? No

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?. Knowing how ridiculous and annoying Emma is, yes.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? JEAN is out of his LEAGUE!

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? I hope so!

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? YESSSSSSSSS

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? Not really..

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I love this user ^^ sees Emma Frost as a slut even though she's probably slept with less people than other characters in the Marvel Universe. Roll call on the REAL Marvel Sluts: Hawkeye, slept with almost everyone on the Avengers. Rogue, she was macking on Magneto and Gambit at the same time. Storm, she's been around the block with several X-Men before Black Panther, and even now she's getting all up on Hawkeye and Wolverine. Girllllll slow down. That being said. Haters gonna hate on Emma, however when you do please don't let your soul argument be "she's a slut and slept her way to they top" Just remember there are far worse "sluts" in the Marvel Universe who sleep their way to get to the top.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DarkxSeraph

You forgot wolverine.. who has slept with like... everyone. *chuckles* But, yes, this Emma is a 'slut' this is far overplayed. Must be the costume. Hmm.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Madame_Mist

It frustrates me too. I mean it's not like she's helped saved the world hundreds of times, aided younger students, or is complex character, but no, everyone has to focus on how much of a "slut" she is. Gimme me a break, haters...and this is coming from a Jean Grey fan, and I don't get why I have to pick a side. I love my girls.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PowerHerc

I am a Jean fan and I do like Emma, though I think she's better suited being a villain.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#42  Edited By Samimista

Coming out of someone who loves Jean and was always neutral with Emma til recently, I do like Emma very much now. Not that I ever hated her before (hate is a strong word in my opinion) but her outfit turned me off but once I saw her intelligence she earned my respect. Anyways...

1. I don't know about better but personally I love Emma and Scott together. There was a time where Jean and Scott were great but that time is long gone. I think Emma is a great mentor, lover and a leading lady since she usually puts others before her.

2. She didn't sleep her way to the top but I don't know if I feel she earned it too soon. Nonetheless I do think she's a great leading lady.

3. I don't see why Emma or Jean has to be treated better than the other. Why can't the both be written write and get equal amount of time?

4. I'm very glad Jean is appearing in a title but I'd rather have her stay away from Emma and Scott and just move on with life.

5. No, their rivalry is very entertaining and fun to read.

6. I think Emma would be able to get her revenge if she wants to.

7. Emma and Scott should stay together but I say Jean's more of the perfect wife material.

8. Marvel probably will and as long as Logan treats her right (he usually does) I'll be alright with that.

9. They will but the question is how long she'd be alive for. I'd personally want to see Jean written right and have less Phoenix Force and more Marvel Girl.

10. So far I'm fine with it but mostly because I'm just glad to see her again.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PowerHerc

I do but nowhere near as much as I like Jean.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: as a jean grey fan i didnt like emma because the whole telepathy affair she and scott had makes no sence. I dont care what marvel says their is no way scott would ever cheat on jean. Also its wierd that scott doesnt pine after jean any more since bhe started being with emma.

but now since jean is dead and not coming back (yes i lost all faith and hope), i guess emma is tolerate now because i cant think of anyone else for scott.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By snyderman567

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@time: as a jean grey fan i didnt like emma because the whole telepathy affair she and scott had makes no sence. I dont care what marvel says their is no way scott would ever cheat on jean. Also its wierd that scott doesnt pine after jean any more since bhe started being with emma.

but now since jean is dead and not coming back (yes i lost all faith and hope), i guess emma is tolerate now because i cant think of anyone else for scott.

Bad grammar.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DarkxSeraph
    " I dont care what marvel says their is no way scott would ever cheat on jean."

I'd go back and read those stories again. Scott was having some severe issues at the time. Damaged people, struggling people make mistakes. They happen. I hate to break this to everyone, but Scott isn't perfect.

"Also its wierd that scott doesnt pine after jean any more since bhe started being with emma."

For one, he was given a telepathic nudge from Jean to go forward with his relationship with Emma, IIRC. For two, people do this thing called "moving on." It's been years since Scott was with Jean. Years. Additionally, he DID still think about her. Read Whedon's Astonishing run. Emma flat-out tells him she knows he still thinks about her a lot.

Not to sound too much of a jerk--but do you people actually read the books? Or skirt over them and make snap judgments?
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By x_29

@DarkxSeraph said:

" I dont care what marvel says their is no way scott would ever cheat on jean."

I'd go back and read those stories again. Scott was having some severe issues at the time. Damaged people, struggling people make mistakes. They happen. I hate to break this to everyone, but Scott isn't perfect.

"Also its wierd that scott doesnt pine after jean any more since bhe started being with emma."

For one, he was given a telepathic nudge from Jean to go forward with his relationship with Emma, IIRC. For two, people do this thing called "moving on." It's been years since Scott was with Jean. Years. Additionally, he DID still think about her. Read Whedon's Astonishing run. Emma flat-out tells him she knows he still thinks about her a lot. Not to sound too much of a jerk--but do you people actually read the books? Or skirt over them and make snap judgments?

I think it is very apparent that they don't read the books and are just looking up some scans online.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@time said:

1. I like Emma actually a lot more than Jean Grey, but I think the Cyclops/Marvel Girl dynamic is a better combination. Emma Frost is better off single.
    2. Emma Frost is powerful and tactically resourceful. She has earned her right without a doubt.
    3. Jean Grey (the All-New one) will not be here for very long. She is also much younger than current Cyclops so it would be sort of weird if anything happened.
    4. I love Jean being back. I hope they bring back the *real* Jean though and for good. That would be awesome.
    5. Cyclops and Jean? No.
    6. I think Emma will be very intimidated and angry against Jean, but she admitted in Uncanny that she didn't blame Jean for anything. I don't see why she would change her mind now that shes back.
    7. I would like to see Jean back with Cyclops someday. That would be awesome.
    8. Again... this could be very creepy if you're talking about young Jean. It's not like her age stopped Logan before though.
    9. Yes they will, they have stated it. And they should do it greatly.
    10. Yes, she has a lot of depth which is surprising.
    njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Not sure I can answer these questions, since I'm not a Jean Grey fan. I do like Emma though and now that Cyclops is older now, I think he's better with Emma. Jean's a thing of the past

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.