Alive or Dead?

#1 Posted by benjaminkch (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a HUGE Jean Grey fan! I think she is a great character.

I am kinda confused tho...

on here her profile says she is dead but on marvels profile(link below) it has no mention of her dying after endsong, which i didn't think she did my initial read thru but after reading posts and her profile on here i wasnt sure. So the question is is she alive or dead? Is it the story that has been confusing me for the last like 7 years or am i just stupid! :-p thank you for any and all help in clearing this up!!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Jean_Grey_(Earth-616)

#2 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

She's in the cosmic limbo known as the White Hot Room. It's more like she's out of play for the time being.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering will she come back for AVX, I wouldn't really be surprised.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope not.

#5 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't surprise me though.

#6 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Bevroot said she was dead, and that it was just a Jean Grey reanimated corpse in Endsong.

#7 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't know. But my bet is that she's returning sometime soon. X-Men have got have their 50th anniversary next year, so I would be surprised if Jean wouldn't appear during a massive event or something.

#8 Posted by ChaosAgent (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering all the drama going on with the Phoenix Force and Hope in AvX, she probably will make some form of an appearance. I'm a huge fan of Jean, myself...And I'm hoping that she'll comeback for good, one day.

...But I doubt that will happen.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Jean, but unless the PF is no longer a Jean Grey issue leave her dead. It is hard to like a character who dies every other X event.

#10 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Alive

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@evilvegeta74 said:
I think it would be great if Jean Grey came back in AvX since she seems like the one who might unite the X-Men, but I would love for her to get rid of the Phoenix Force for awhile so that way they would concentrate more on her character.
#12 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@evilvegeta74 said:
I think it would be great if Jean Grey came back in AvX since she seems like the one who might unite the X-Men, but I would love for her to get rid of the Phoenix Force for awhile so that way they would concentrate more on her character.

Agreed. I think she will make a return, but they need to work on her character outside of the Phoenix Force.

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope jean grey comes back at the end of avx but i doubt it because marvel invested too much in the whole scott and emma relationship plus they dont want jean to leave cyclops and be with wolverine...i still believe that hope summers is jean and scott's child somehow they did it with racheal they could do it again.

the 50th anniversary of x-men is coming up they should bring jean back for that though

#14 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Plz bring jean back its time and for all you people out there who don't want her back are selfish why can your favorite comic book character be alive and not ours imagine if your was dead you proly want them to be alive too.

Also for all the Emma fans that are scared that jean might take scott away from her get over it lol better hope she over him becuase if she not they are getting back together.

#15 Posted by xtremexfan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

My theory is that Wanda brought Jean Grey back to life during M-Day, but after, Jean got depowered and decided to go off and live a regular X-men free life. I'm thinking she's going to show up at the end and save the day.

#16 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting Jean will show up at the end of AvX event, like a final panel, part of the rebirth process which would make sense and be part of the REvolution that marvel has in stored after this event

#17 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been said she won't turn up in AvX by Marvel.

#18 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

It's been said she won't turn up in AvX by Marvel.

No they haven't, they just skip the questions and tease fans in interviews when ever they ask

#19 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

If she doesn't turn up at some point during AvX I don't see another oppurtunity for her to come back for a long, long time. The phoenix story has just become repetetive by now and it will just annoy everybody if she doesn't show up and we get another phoenix story after AvX

#20 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

she's actually a cat in a box filled with poison gas...

#21 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14948 posts) - - Show Bio

better question where is professor xavier? what happened to him? (i don't follow the x books)

#22 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: i agree....jean gery is in comic limbo forever and shes not comng out...

#23 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Forever isn't gonna happen. She's not like Uncle Ben or the Waynes. She'll return sooner or later and people will act like it's no big deal until they try to kill her off again.

#24 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

She is dead in the mortal sense, she is on hiatus in the cosmic/comics sense

#25 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I want her back, with the PF to, i've grown up with jean grey and the PF, it's like taking something precious away lol ....

#26 Posted by Iamlovewithin500 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio
@TAneT62 said:

I want her back, with the PF to, i've grown up with jean grey and the PF, it's like taking something precious away lol ....

Aint nothin funny... 

That thing you call "precious" Ms.Mariah Carey's lamb, is the very thing that keeps her dead and why so many people are annoyed by her character.The PF is what is killing her character. 

DAMN PEOPlE IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE!
#27 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@TAneT62 said:

Aint nothin funny...

That thing you call "precious" Ms.Mariah Carey's lamb, is the very thing that keeps her dead and why so many people are annoyed by her character.The PF is what is killing her character. DAMN PEOPlE IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE!

True in some ways ... :)

#28 Posted by Iamlovewithin500 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio
@TAneT62: lol 

I'm always right..cuz I'm awesome!
#29 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iamlovewithin500: Lol ... But I loved her with the PF

#30 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Havent u people ever read X-Men:The End??????? Jean is supposed to come back at the end of the world....

i doubt this whole avengers vs x-men thing is the end........futhermore, i still think if jean makes an appearence in the whole thing.....it will probably be in a dream-like state.

LOL...yes i do know i replyed to myself...what can i say????? im new

laugh and the world laughs with u......nvm

#31 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

better question where is professor xavier? what happened to him? (i don't follow the x books)

He was in AVX 5 suffering from psychic feedback like all the other psychics shown.

I don't want Jean to come back the X-universe is totally messed up right now the only thing that's gonna happen is for her to not have the PF or to be decreased in power like in X-factor. For Jean it's a rinse and repeat cycle, I love the character but just keep her dead and take Scarlet Witch while we are at it.

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: X-Men: The End is not canon and half of what happened in it has been invalidated as being conceivable since it's been written.

#33 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: X-Men: The End is not canon and half of what happened in it has been invalidated as being conceivable since it's been written.

Glad this was said.

#34 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Mercy_ said:

Glad this was said.

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Mercy_ said:

Glad this was said.

Ditto times duex :p

#35 Posted by Saren (25896 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#36 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Lol

#37 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin: lol......harsh but TRUE

#38 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

Once the writers let her out of the White Hot Room i'll be a bit scared for Jean Grey, because I wouldn't want them to do something dreadfully stupid and do something dumb to her character.

Marvel should wait for me to be hired by them someday so I could take care of my Jean, and not destroy her just for money, and actually write her character well because writers should actually care about their characters :P

#39 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

i want her alive again i think this song helps  for jean fans             
#40 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

i think time is running out on jean greys return....they should bring her back now or never......harsh but true
#41 Edited by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok

I suggest you read infinite comics AvX#6

#42 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they shoul bring Jean Grey back WITH the PF, but having it under her control completely.

I mean I figure since she left saying the Phoenix and her are one and now the same person that she should definitely have a stable control over it

Plus I feel like they just need to stop killing her off, so if it's in her control she doesn't have to keep dying, and she can stay super powerful

#43 Posted by GREGalicious (477 posts) - - Show Bio

She's lurking around that White Hot Room somewhere. Im all for her return. This "Phoenix Five" stuff is lame. As is Hope Summers.

#44 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

she's actually a cat in a box filled with poison gas...

Very good XD.

She's both alive and dead.

#45 Edited by njones5 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they bring her back so much jean hate

#47 Edited by TrekGrey (31 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Patroklos (18 posts) - - Show Bio

She's in the White Hot Room, from my interpretation of it, she's merged with the Phoenix Force, as White Phoenix of the Crown (as mentioned in the Phoenix Force Handbook) she's fully merged to the force, but she's physically dead. But she still exists as a cosmic entity the Phoenix force, in the White Hot Room. She doesn't do anything about the force going around killing people in AVX because that's the whole point of the force. As Cyclops understands towards the end of AVX there had to be destruction before there was resurrection. That's how the force works. Jean died so many times and came back to be able to merge with the force so she knows better than anyone that there had to be destruction. In New-X-men it's mentioned how Jean had to understand the phoenix, and the phoenix understood Jean, which ultimately led them to merge....I don't think she's coming back though. Teen Jean is being explored so yea.... and on top of that 616 Jean can't fully return. I mean she fully merged with the Phoenix force, and she's collecting her shattered self. If she ever became whole once again, she'd eclipse most characters....she's a cosmic entity now, ultra powerful. She should only intervene when necessary, much like The Living Tribunal, Eternity, Death, Infinity, etc. They're cosmics, they're just too powerful....

#49 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@patroklos: Interesting...but i really miss her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.