Adult Jean was seen with the future x-men team but

#1 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

why is she so young while beast, iceman/ice thing and kitty pryde is so old????? Did Jean end up in the wrong future present???

#2 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: you definitely shouldn't have spoiled the reveal in the topic title

anyway....we don't know what the circumstances were for her return...she could have been in the White Hot Room and not aging up until right before they came back to the past for all we know...or that could be the Jean from the O5 and therefore much younger than the other future X-Men

#3 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Spolier alert friend....though in your defense, the preview for X-Men 5 (released last night) spoils this reveal if you didn't already know.

the running theory is that this jean is Adult Jeen (teen Jean) as opposed to the real deal.

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Spolier alert friend....though in your defense, the preview for X-Men 5 (released last night) spoils this reveal if you didn't already know.

the running theory is that this jean is Adult Jeen (teen Jean) as opposed to the real deal.

but how do you explain teen scott dying and adult scott disappearing:

#6 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

Logically, if Teen Scott dies in the present then Adult Scott should begin to fade from existence. The future counterpart can't exist if the past counterpart dies before he reached that point. Back to the Future logic. Plus as it was shown that world didn't instantly change do to Teen Scott's death which is why they were able to save both Scott. Add on top of that that Time is broken, and there ya go.

We don't know the full details on what caused the timeline in the future to occur so we don't have enough information to know if that is Adult Jeen or the Real deal. Perhaps Jeen found away to avoid being set back while the other got sent back. We don't know and that's all part of the ongoing mystery. But the big clues as to people believing it is Adult Jeen is the promise Kitty made to her. That only happened between Teen Jean and Present Kitty (though it could have been telepathic learned by Jean), and the other clue is that Jean (based on what is shown in the preview for X-Men 5) is that it seems she needs to suit to keep her powers in check or to survive not sure which. That could be because Jean never had the blocks put in by Xavier to have her slowly progress to learning her abilities thus she kept growing in power and couldn't contain it leading to something happening that forces her to wear the suit. (this could be a possible reason the future timeline exists). Regular Jean wouldn't need that and would have control of her abilities.

So we need to keep reading to learn anymore. Everything right now is just speculation.

#7 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:

Logically, if Teen Scott dies in the present then Adult Scott should begin to fade from existence. The future counterpart can't exist if the past counterpart dies before he reached that point. Back to the Future logic. Plus as it was shown that world didn't instantly change do to Teen Scott's death which is why they were able to save both Scott. Add on top of that that Time is broken, and there ya go.

We don't know the full details on what caused the timeline in the future to occur so we don't have enough information to know if that is Adult Jeen or the Real deal. Perhaps Jeen found away to avoid being set back while the other got sent back. We don't know and that's all part of the ongoing mystery. But the big clues as to people believing it is Adult Jeen is the promise Kitty made to her. That only happened between Teen Jean and Present Kitty (though it could have been telepathic learned by Jean), and the other clue is that Jean (based on what is shown in the preview for X-Men 5) is that it seems she needs to suit to keep her powers in check or to survive not sure which. That could be because Jean never had the blocks put in by Xavier to have her slowly progress to learning her abilities thus she kept growing in power and couldn't contain it leading to something happening that forces her to wear the suit. (this could be a possible reason the future timeline exists). Regular Jean wouldn't need that and would have control of her abilities.

So we need to keep reading to learn anymore. Everything right now is just speculation.

wow the blocked out part is amazing, that would explain alot of things.....anyways by the end of this i think i would need a couple of aspirin....lol

#8 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this Jean is just teen Jean all grown up and not the real, resurrected Jean because of what she said to Kitty about the promise she made to her. What I don't understand is why she looks so much younger than future Kitty? present Kitty is just 4 or 5 years older than the O5 but her future self looks like shes 50 while Jean looks like she is, I don´t know, 30 at most.

#10 Posted by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad for anyone who read the title and hasn't read the book yet that was the best part dude!

#11 Edited by Squares (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hey, it's Jean from Earth-16whatever (Days of Future Past). Could have sworn that it was outright stated she died in a fire or something....

#12 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: interesting, that would make her Rachel's actual mother....and she died in a nuclear explosion, I think.

#13 Edited by Squares (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93: From what I recall, she died in the bombing of Xavier's academy. Might have been a nuclear blast, but that begs the question as to how Rachel, who I think was also there at the time, survived.

#14 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93:

@squares said:

Oh hey, it's Jean from Earth-16whatever (Days of Future Past). Could have sworn that it was outright stated she died in a fire or something....

but what about jean wearing the xorn outfit and knowing that xorn killed her that was from 616 not days of future past and there is still teen scott almost dying and adult scott got wiped out of existence and then got healed and adult scott reappeared....so if one of the o5 die, the adult version would be wiped out too.....i hope one of them dont die, i heard rumors but i guess we have to wait and see

#15 Posted by Squares (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93:

@squares said:

but what about jean wearing the xorn outfit and knowing that xorn killed her that was from 616 not days of future past and there is still teen scott almost dying and adult scott got wiped out of existence and then got healed and adult scott reappeared....so if one of the o5 die, the adult version would be wiped out too.....i hope one of them dont die, i heard rumors but i guess we have to wait and see

Has it not occurred to you that there's likely a Xorn in the Days of Future Past timeline too?

I've read the comic, I know what happens, you don't have to tell me. I fail to see your point in mentioning it.

#16 Edited by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

the future jean is past jean aged 20 years everyone else was in their 30s + 20 years

#17 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

the future jean is past jean aged 20 years everyone else was in their 30s + 20 years

ur right on the preview page adult scott says something like that

#18 Posted by GREGalicious (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

I imagine that once she was fully reborn, she still looked the same as she did when she died. We don't exactly know when (time-wise) she actually/officially came back and she certainly wouldn't still keep aging in death or the White Hot Room whereas Bobby and the others would.

#19 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_goddess_of_chaos said:

@soa said:

ur right on the preview page adult scott says something like that

this makes so sense to me. If young Scott dying can cause older Scott to disappear then young Scott is definitely older Scotts younger self and from 616 past. How can older Scott in one breath say that, the woman in front of him taught him to watch things with his mind and say she is Jean Grey and in the next say she isn't any Jean Grey of "his"? Even if she is the young Jean Grey all grown up, she is still 616 Jean Grey. So if the young Jean never went back to the past and aged to become this future Jean, how would he have been taught anything by her? If what happens to his younger self effects the present, then young Jean not returning to the past would have changed the present and he would have not been taught anything by any Jean Grey, and considering the state of the universe in AOA before that Jean Grey preserved that timeline, 616 would have been wiped out by the M'Kraan crystal. There is absolutely no way they can make sense of this without eventually involving the Phoenix Force/White Phoenix of the Crown IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.