Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

8 Things Jean Grey should do, when she returns

• 109 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

1)    Convince Beast to leave the Avengers and return to the X- Men 

2)    Rebuild the friendship that has been broken between Cyclops & Beast and Cyclops and Charles 

3)   Established a new team with Storm, alongside Charles, Beast, Gambit and X-23. Storm should be the leader.   

4)       Move on from Cyclops. Although I want Cyclops and Jean to reunite eventually. I think when she return, she should focus more on herself, she needs some space from him.  

5)   Have it out with Emma, although these two have fought each other before. I would like to see it again. Emma Frost swore to get revenge on Jean or the Phoenix  at the end of Phoenix Warsong.  So I would like to see how it plays out. I think Cuckoos & Rachel should be involved too. Jean Grey should be without the Phoenix , to make it more of a fair fight.          

6)  She should help Logan be a better father for X-23 and Daken. Eventually she should end up dating Logan , to see how there relationship develops. 

7) . She should pass judgment against Scarlet Witch. Jean force Cyclops to move on with Emma Frost, so the mutant race and the X-Men will have a future and Scarlet Witch nearly destroy that and in the end,  the X-Men lost Cable, Kurt and Bishop. So it’s time for Scarlet to be judge and Jean would be the best person  to do that. I think it will be a interesting story to explore cause, Magneto will have to decided whether he going to protect his daughter or not, so he may betray the X-Men. Also Polaris has to decide  whether  she will save her sister. I think it should be a crossover with Avengers but, the only one for a a least a few years. I am so tired of crossovers  

8) Finally  she lose the Phoenix  for while, it should happen after Jean battles Scarlet witch, doesn't mean she loses. It just means writers can focus more on her character without the  Phoenix .   

What do people think of my ideas? and What do you think Jean should do when she returns?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HexThis
    @time said:

7) . She should pass judgment against Scarlet Witch. Jean force Cyclops to move on with Emma Frost, so the mutant race and the X-Men will have a future and Scarlet Witch nearly destroy that and in the end,  the X-Men lost Cable, Kurt and Bishop. So it’s time for Scarlet to be judge and Jean would be the best person  to do that. I think it will be a interesting story to explore cause, Magneto will have to decided whether he going to protect his daughter or not, so he may betray the X-Men. Also Polaris has to decide  whether  she will save her sister. I think it should be a crossover with Avengers but, the only one for a a least a few years. I am so tired of crossovers  

8) Finally  she lose the Phoenix  for while, it should happen after Jean battles Scarlet witch, doesn't mean she loses. It just means writers can focus more on her character without the  Phoenix .  

I think Jean would be arguably much more sympathetic to the Scarlet Witch than the other X-men. Since this whole mythology of her and the Phoenix being one has been established (which I think is totally stupid, btw), it would have been Jean that destroyed the star which in turn killed a whole planet of life-forms. If anyone knows the blurry line and the vertigo that comes as a result of intense, immediate, raw power it's Jean. The power chose her much like Chthon's chose Wanda, I actually think Jean should stand beside the Scarlet Witch because it would be controversial and interesting.  (I'll make it my 8'th thing) Also, First Class established a friendship between the two so she wouldn't exactly be impartial...

7) Be more hands-on in the battlefield. Jean beating up the Shi'ar assassins was one of my favorite moments, for once we didn't see her as someone who just gestures her opponents away but uses her fists and grit to get by. It makes her more human, more interesting, and it mixes things up. Maybe she could become more physical in order to keep her powers in check. 

6) Tell Cyclops and Wolvie to eff-off. Both of these men irritate me and as much as Jean loves them they both ultimately will never put their egos aside to permit her. They take the law into their own hands, order hits, boss people around, and are generally both impetuous and stupid right now. Jean should be with someone who brings out a different side of her like Fantomex or better yet...NAMOR. Jean is somewhere between Sue and Emma, maybe they'd have more of a dynamic than you'd think.

5) Become a leader. Jean is intelligent, she's experienced, she spoke about mutant rights publicly during Morrisson's run, and she believes in Xavier's dream...she should have as much a voice as Charles, Mags, or Cyclops. 

4) Have more fun. Jean always is always being tugged around by Scott, Wolvie, or the Phoenix Force and at this point, enough is enough. Let's see her on her own adventure and with some of her friends as well, she likes Storm and Polaris and Northstar I believe...that should be a focus for her now. 

3) No more Phoenix. It's basically ruined her life and I think she needs to grow and heal. 

2) Take everyone off their high horses! That means you Emma, Scott, and Logan! Let's see Jean assert herself more, she was quite firey in the 60's and during X-factor. Jean should come back more refined, quick, sharp, and witty than ever before. 

1) Continue being the awesome character she is.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i think she needs to break away from dating for a while, especially with Logan and Scott, be her OWN person, she's a strong lady and needs to show it, i'd love her to even have her own team, maybe a team of people like her, such as Madylne Pryor, Hope and Rachel.  

also i want her to beat Emma Frost's ass 

TEAM GREY BABY!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Sorry, but I think most of these are pretty bad ideas.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @time said:

2)    Rebuild the friendship that has been broken between Cyclops & Beast and Cyclops and Charles 

3)   Established a new team with Storm, alongside Charles, Beast, Gambit and X-23. Storm should be the leader.   

4)       Move on from Cyclops. Although I want Cyclops and Jean to reunite eventually. I think when she return, she should focus more on herself, she needs some space from him.  

5)   Have it out with Emma, although these two have fought each other before. I would like to see it again. Emma Frost swore to get revenge on Jean or the Phoenix  at the end of Phoenix Warsong.  So I would like to see how it plays out. I think Cuckoos & Rachel should be involved too. Jean Grey should be without the Phoenix , to make it more of a fair fight.          

6)  She should help Logan be a better father for X-23 and Daken. Eventually she should end up dating Logan , to see how there relationship develops. 

What do people think of my ideas? and What do you think Jean should do when she returns?

1. Agreed.

2. Doubly agreed.

3. I was thinking establish a new team with Iceman, Beast, Xavier, Storm, Colossus and Shadowcat. Maybe throw in a kid mutant or two. Cyclops, Archangel, Emma and Wolverine are too cut throat for this team.

4. Definitely. There's no point rehashing everything.

5. Disagree. Jean gave her blessing before she died, she could see truth and knew that Emma and Scott didn't act out of malice or anything to Jean. If she's moving on from Scott she needs to move on from Emma too. I do think the Cuckoos and Rachel should want to fight though while Jean and Emma settle them down. Even though the Cuckoos have distanced themselves from Emma they they are still kinda her daughters.

6. I agree with the first part, helping Logan actually be a father to X-23 and Daken. As for Jean and Logan dating, hells no. No rehashing the past. 

7. Totally disagree with you here. Jean's history with the Phoenix and such she has no reason to judge Wanda. She needs to help Wanda put her mind back together and maybe reverse M-Day and become close as sisters. Also revert Wanda to even pre-Avengers West Coast status. Able to cause destructive things to happen but not just anything.

8. Definitely no Phoenix powers but she should be the Phoenix in terms of rebuilding and helping every mutant she can. She needs to be the saint of the X-Men and give them an example to aspire to though not leading being a shining example.

I add a 9. She needs to be the end of the Schism but help keep the X-Men and mutants in general on whichever path is best for them. Some of them (Like my team mentioned in point #3) teach mutants, continue to do disaster relief and help people but less focus on fighting. While the others: Cyclops, Warren, Emma, Wolverine, Magneto, Namor and some of the more combat oriented kids are the physical team fighting bad guys. One team stays on Utopia and the other goes back to Westchester. 
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By labarith

Would Jean really go for wolvie?  This just seems so fanfictiony.

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Westlife
    @time
    Why did Emma Frost swear revenge?
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1
    @The Dark Huntress said:

To be honest, there is quite a few good ideas here. A lot of people think she moved on from Cyclops, loose the Phoenix and maybe have a team  of her own. Do you have any ideas?  @Westlife said:

@time: Why did Emma Frost swear revenge?   

The end of Phoenix WarSong

No Caption Provided
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @time Yeah. There are a couple good ideas.

I'll give o
    You my thoughts when I wake up. Going to bed now. It's 6:30 am where I am.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

2 things I like Beast with the Avengers because it was true to his character to leave the Xmen when they stopped being about hope (the concept not the character) and the second thing I don't really like the idea of Wolverine and Jean together partly because quite frankly she's too good for him 

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By EdwardWindsor

heres what jean should do 

1. Tell Cyke hes a fool , Tell Wolverine she doenst approve of x-force
    2. Be angry that Cable was killed
    3. Befriend Hope
    4. Join Wolverines xmen team
    5. Be depowered to low level phoneix abilties ( pre dark phoenix) tops
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator

1. Lose badly to emma
     2. Die again.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#13  Edited By MatKrenz

1) He's awesome on Secret Avengers, so no.
    Tavai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Tavai
    @HexThis said:
    @time said:
    7) Be more hands-on in the battlefield. Jean beating up the Shi'ar assassins was one of my favorite moments, for once we didn't see her as someone who just gestures her opponents away but uses her fists and grit to get by. It makes her more human, more interesting, and it mixes things up. Maybe she could become more physical in order to keep her powers in check. 

This is an amazing idea. I've always preferred characters who rely less on their powers and Jean Grey is definitely written to depend on hers too frequently. I'm envisioning Jean Grey's H2H mixed with TP to anticipate hits and TK to block 'em. She'd be excellent this way... crossing my fingers.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Jean should just stay single for a while lol why rush her into a relationship? lol 

Sorry but as much as i loved the relationship between Scott and Jean. Emma and Scott's is so so so much better. 

@lazystudent said:

heres what jean should do 

1. Tell Cyke hes a fool , Tell Wolverine she doenst approve of x-force
    2. Be angry that Cable was killed
    3. Befriend Hope
    4. Join Wolverines xmen team
    5. Be depowered to low level phoneix abilties ( pre dark phoenix) tops
    I like that :]
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:  Cheers , thats basicly what i would do if i had the power lol
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @HexThis
    Completely agree, excpet on Scott and Logan. I want her to have a fling with Logans, then both her and Scott realize they belong together. I like the H2H idea, but I don't want her to become a Psylocke. Still have her throw stuff, mind control, etc. Overall great ideas though.
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aero_gt
    @PrinceIMC said:
    @time said:

1. Agreed.  2. Doubly agreed.  3. I was thinking establish a new team with Iceman, Beast, Xavier, Storm, Colossus and Shadowcat. Maybe throw in a kid mutant or two. Cyclops, Archangel, Emma and Wolverine are too cut throat for this team.  4. Definitely. There's no point rehashing everything.  5. Disagree. Jean gave her blessing before she died, she could see truth and knew that Emma and Scott didn't act out of malice or anything to Jean. If she's moving on from Scott she needs to move on from Emma too. I do think the Cuckoos and Rachel should want to fight though while Jean and Emma settle them down. Even though the Cuckoos have distanced themselves from Emma they they are still kinda her daughters.  6. I agree with the first part, helping Logan actually be a father to X-23 and Daken. As for Jean and Logan dating, hells no. No rehashing the past.   7. Totally disagree with you here. Jean's history with the Phoenix and such she has no reason to judge Wanda. She needs to help Wanda put her mind back together and maybe reverse M-Day and become close as sisters. Also revert Wanda to even pre-Avengers West Coast status. Able to cause destructive things to happen but not just anything. 8. Definitely no Phoenix powers but she should be the Phoenix in terms of rebuilding and helping every mutant she can. She needs to be the saint of the X-Men and give them an example to aspire to though not leading being a shining example.  I add a 9. She needs to be the end of the Schism but help keep the X-Men and mutants in general on whichever path is best for them. Some of them (Like my team mentioned in point #3) teach mutants, continue to do disaster relief and help people but less focus on fighting. While the others: Cyclops, Warren, Emma, Wolverine, Magneto, Namor and some of the more combat oriented kids are the physical team fighting bad guys. One team stays on Utopia and the other goes back to Westchester.   
     This.
    Avatar image for transgressionsofsociety
    TransgressionsofSociety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about never come back and be a dramatic plot point that no one will ever forget.  I think wolverine's good as a lone wolf, and Scott's good with Emma.  Jean's existence would just complicate things.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By labarith
    @TransgressionsofSociety said:
    How about never come back and be a dramatic plot point that no one will ever forget.  I think wolverine's good as a lone wolf, and Scott's good with Emma.  Jean's existence would just complicate things.
    God forbid we have complications.  It's a lot easier when villain-of-the-week is trying to kill a boring, close-nit X-men team whose roster never changes and whose characters are in monogamous, heterosexual relationship which miraculously never lead to pregnancy.
    sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sputnik
    @time: i think this is pretty amazing, especially the lashing out emma part! man i really do hope emma gets beaten to a pulp by jean, then they'll end up as best buds. ironically. and i do hope she dates logan, so stupid scott can eat his heart out.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @sputnik
    Oddly enough, I've always wanted to see them wind up besties too...
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By time1

I supposed it would be funny, if Jean and Emma become goods friends.For some reason, I don't see that happening, espcialley if there both in love with same man, not that he deserve either of them. At the end  day, a lot of people don't realize how bad X-Men are without her.  The X-Men are more divided then they ever been, Wolverine and Scott are going to comes to blows, which will leave X-Men more divided as ever, cause members of the team will have to choose a side. That wouldn't of happen if Jean was there. A lot of popular characters have sufferd hand of Writers, Iceman is really neglected, Can't remember   a good story written for him, Beast is with Avengers, cause he was left out by Writers, they killed Kurt & Cable and Bishop turn bad  and Charles became irralvent for quite while and he still is to a certain extend.  

There is also Gambit and Storm, Gambit has slowy become irrelavent in the X-Men, haven't see him be part of a team in a long time. Storm has less of a voice in the X-Men too, while Emma plays more of a role in the X-Men, then any of characters that I have mentioned. I don't think any of that would of happen, if Jean was there, maybe the death of Cable, but thats all. Jean should come back, cause  she would reunite the X-Men, reunite the old friends. She brings people together, not tear them apart, like some characters  do.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By John Valentine
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    Yep.
    thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thewidowsbite

Here's what I think should happen: 

1) Jean returns and helps the Scarlet Witch reactivate mutants (at least the ones who want it and those who need it, unlike Dani Moonstar who has become more badass since being depowered, imo) 
    2) Jean supplants Hope entirely. Let's face it, Hope is an epic-fail as a stand-in Jean. 
    3) Jean is cordial to but hardly interested in Scott or Emma, the latter two feeling extremely confused and/or intimidated and unsure of what to do. Jean should be over Scott by now and she did give Emma her blessing, so (sadly) any animosity between them now would make no sense. 
    4) She should either join Wolvie's team or berate him for how it functions. 
    5) The writers who handle her return should... how can I put this lightly?... RETCON THE CONCEPT OF JEAN AND THE PHOENIX BEING ONE! Let her be less powerful but still formidable. 
    6) Use h2h in most of her fights but in a way that doesn't make her seem like a redheaded Psylocke. 
    7) Be single, at least for now, and later end up with someone unexpected. Like Spider-Man (like not acutally be) or Namor.  
    8) Maybe have her own solo comic about adjusting without the Phoenix and finally being her own person. This comic should also see her reaction over the death of Cable (closest thing she ever had to a son, and whom she raised for about five years from birth) and her
    entire family. 
    9) Showcase her friendship with many of her friends, especially Storm (she should express delight upon knowledge of Storm's marriage and regret on not being able to be main of honor) and Wolverine (NO romance, but I like the friendship and flirtation between them, theres no reason it should end) and have some badass team up with the two as well as others like the Invisible Woman and Rachel.

10) If Emma is still seeking revenge, let Emma fight Jean (unaware that her connection with the Phoenix is over) and be a very good fight. I don't want Jean to win easily, but would really like to see her really smack down Emma without the Phoenix. The fight should be more h2h than anything (if Emma shifts diamond, Jean unleashes tk can owns her).  
    11) Have some epic battles against the likes of Magneto or Madelyne or someone.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fetts

I would want to see 6 and 7.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine

I hope they retcon out her and the Phoenix being one in the same being if she does return. (If they already haven't).

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By time1
    @John Valentine said:

I hope they retcon out her and the Phoenix being one in the same being if she does return. (If they already haven't).

Hey John, do  you have any ideas, are you in denial that Jean will return. When she does, watch comics get better. 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John Valentine
    @time said:
    @John Valentine said:

Hey John, do  you have any ideas, are you in denial that Jean will return. When she does, watch comics get better. 

Of course she's going to return at some point.
    jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jorgeareizaga

When Jean comes back (I hope soon) she must to:

1) Kick Cyclops´ crotch because he does not know what means loyalty

2) Punish Emma Frost

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

The only thing she should do when she returns is have a three way with Scott and Emma.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

Whatever she does, I hope that we're not going to get another Dark Phoenix-related story arc for at least for a few decades. I think that aspect of her character has already been explored enough. I'd like to see her to either control the Phoenix force completely, or to somehow lose it altogether. I wouldn't like to see her return only to have another round with the Dark Phoenix within her.

I'd actually like her to go solo for a while. It would be interesting if she returned right after the Schism divide and decided not to choose a side. She's so much more powerful than other mutants that she doesn't need a team. 

I also think that she should be romantically done with Scott. I'm not sure whether I'm keen on getting me some Wolverine/Jean because I kind of like it how Wolverine never makes it with a woman, but I'd like to see their mutual attraction being somehow addressed. I think I'd actually rather see her play the field for a while because she's been associated with these two characters for so long that it would be much more interesting if she went for someone entirely new instead of Scott or Wolverine.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I can't exactly think of 8 things, but here are some things I wish would happened if Jean Grey returns: 

1. She needs to be more independent. It's like everytime I see Jean Grey in the comics, she was always leaning on either Scott or Logan and I want to see her stand on her own two feet for once and I want to see more of her character as an individual rather than just a love interest for both Logan and Scott. 

2. I want to see how she handles the situation about Wanda and the House of M.  I would think that if Jean Grey confronted Wanda about destroying the mutant race, she would be more sympathetic towards Wanda because Jean Grey also had an incident in the past where her Dark Phoenix power destroyed a planet full of innocent people and so, she would probably understand what Wanda was going through and try to reach out to her. 

3. If Jean Grey returned after the events of Schism, I want her to be the one who ultimately gets the X-Men back together.  Jean Grey was always shown to be the one who kept the team together and she would have probably reminded the X-Men that they are more than just a team, they are a family and they lost sight of that after the events of House of M.  It seems to me that ever since Jean Grey died, the X-Men became more divided than ever and it would be great to have someone who is capable of keeping everyone in check to bring the whole team back together again.
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TenguMan8

Allow me to get real for a moment... As we all know Jeans character has been a plot device for a long amount of time, not just this but her character has been in development "limbo" for even longer. Now will Jean be brought back to life? Yes, let's face it, not only is she the Phoenix but this is Marvel we're talking about(she could have no powers and I guarantee you marvel would find a way to bring her back). Should she be brought back? Sure I see no reason not to, AS LONG AS SHE'S KEPT ALIVE and not used as a plot device. Should she go back to Scott? HELLS NO, they're better off separate and that's really all there is to it. Should she fight Emma? No, because honestly I'm sure that after being dead for how many years, and dying how many times, that Jean would realize what's IMPORTANT to her, and I'm sure that she'd realize that neither Cyke nor Emma are that important when she only has so much time to live for herself. THAT being said if Emma still wants to go at it then by all means open up a can of Phoenix on her ass, if not move on. Should she date Wolverine? This ones kinda hard but I'm gonna say no(it just feels more like retaliation against Scott and Emma than actual affection IMO) But this is just my opinion............

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By RainEffect

A couple of things I would like to see:

• Control the Phoenix Force so she remains apart from it (as Jean Grey) and not so mentally unstable.
    • Rock that wicked White and Gold costume that she briefly assumed during Endsong.
    • Not date either Scott or Logan, but still stay close with Logan. If there's anyone who could benefit from her guidance, it's him. After all, he did have to go through the process of repeat-murder her.
    • Definitely form a close bond with Hope; paradox, anyone?
    • Perhaps not be a part of the X-Men? Maybe she needs to regather her sanity and take it easy before she does anything with too much responsibility
    As for a love interest, it would be great if it was someone outside of the X-Men.
    thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By thechessclub

They should make her return and then get back with Scott. Have them romantically involved for about 30 years then have them get married for about 20. Then have Professor X get shot and in comes Mephisto who says that he can save X's life but in return they have to forget they ever met. Wait...no that'll never work

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Whisper_

Thing #1 that I would like to see.  

Her die. Just get it out of the way. We know it's gonna happen eventually anyways. Other than that I suppose these would suffice.  

@RainEffect said:

• Control the Phoenix Force so she remains apart from it (as Jean Grey) and not so mentally unstable.
    • Rock that wicked White and Gold costume that she briefly assumed during Endsong.
    • Not date either Scott or Logan, but still stay close with Logan. If there's anyone who could benefit from her guidance, it's him. After all, he did have to go through the process of repeat-murder her.
    • Perhaps not be a part of the X-Men? Maybe she needs to regather her sanity and take it easy before she does anything with too much responsibility
    As for a love interest, it would be great if it was someone outside of the X-Men.
    Although I'd like her not to have PF at all. 
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By RainEffect
    @_Whisper_ said:

Her die. Just get it out of the way. We know it's gonna happen eventually anyways. Other than that I suppose these would suffice.  

@RainEffect said:
    Hah, glad to see someone agrees about the White and Gold costume. I love that outfit. Though I am curious, why don't you want her to have the Phoenix Force? Overused, you think?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mercy_

@RainEffect said:

@RainEffect said:
    Hah, glad to see someone agrees about the White and Gold costume. I love that outfit. Though I am curious, why don't you want her to have the Phoenix Force? Overused, you think?

I'm a fan of it as well :)

Not only overused, but it's just such a plot device. Her power level has to constantly be nerfed through stupid reasons when she has it because otherwise the X-Men are irrelevant as she's a complete team-buster herself.

It always leads to her going crazy and sacrificing herself. Which in turn leads to her resurrection.

I just think it's boring. When they bring Jean back, I want to read emotionally fueled stories about her. About what it was like for her to cope with that much power. About how she's getting over Scott. I want to see her form some sort of relationship with Hope (NOT A CLONE/REINCARNATION THING) because I think it would add an interesting dynamic to what she and Emma have, as Emma is NOT fond of Hope at all.

Conversely, if they do give her the PF, I want to see her not on the X-Men, as you already pointed out. Maybe take some time away from them and join a Cosmic team, which would be much better suited to the PF.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GREGalicious

1) Use her PHOENIX abilities only when they are needed to battle galactic threats or to do "Phoenix work".
    2) Leave CYCLOPS in her past and move forward. 
    3) Resurrect her slain family (they didnt deserve to be killed). 
    4) Bring back good taste to the X-MEN stories (most have been horribly lame for a while).
    5) Venture out on her own (perhaps in a well written limited series) for a while.
    6) Hopefully her reappearance will bring about the return of MISTER SINISTER and MADELYNE PRYOR (back in GOOD FORM).
    7) Meet with HOPE SUMMERS and finally help bring some answers about her strange resemblance to Jean and her true connection to the force.
    8) Train with WOLVERINE to become more battle savvy.  

I would love her solo series to detail her time in the White Hot Room and her journeys across the universe searching for her missing Phoenix fragments. It would be a chance for her to grow as a character, as well as introduce her to some new characters & worlds, and develop some villains of her very own (not just her enemies with the X-Men). It should end in Jean finally bringing a balance to the force and reconnecting with her humanity.  

I always enjoyed her role as Phoenix, writers just dont seem to know how to create interesting stories for her without relying on the Force. She saved the universe and she nearly destroyed it, but lets not forget who she was before all that. Its time to let her live and deal with whats happened in the world since her death.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PrinceIMC

If she comes back and uses the white and gold costume for a while she should pair up with Iron Fist. His white and gold costume he got from Agamotto is kickin'.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#42  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @PrinceIMC said:
    If she comes back and uses the white and gold costume for a while she should pair up with Iron Fist. His white and gold costume he got from Agamotto is kickin'.
    lol. it makes you wonder though......wtf is up with all the white costumes?
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daak1212

Die.
    Die.
    Die.
    Die.
    Die.
    Die.
    Die.
    Die.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By daak1212
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Wait WTF!?!?!?!  Can you explain the white/gold thing to me cause I thought it was just an artist thing
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrinceIMC

Agamotto wanted his eye back, he possessed Iron Fist to get it for him and brought him to his dimension. Once there though Iron Fist shouldn't have survived but he did and made his way back. When he got back he had his new white and gold outfit. It may have just been that going into another dimension altered his clothes but flipping through an Iron Man 2.0 with War Machine and the Immortal Weapons (including Iron Fist) I think it said something about Iron Fist being connected to Agamotto now.

As for Jean's white and gold outfit it was her ultimate form as the White Phoenix at the end of Warsong....or Endsong. Whichever was latest.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By daak1212
    @PrinceIMC: Phoenix Endsong it's the WPOTC

Sooo....Is Iron Fist now like the new Sorceror Supreme?  Voodoo is now pretty much MIA/KIA and Fist has a link
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrinceIMC

Nah he's not the Sorcerer Supreme, but he is Agamotto's champion or something.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By time1
    @daak1212 said:

Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.

Thats just sad, your reply to this thread. Who are you fan of X-23 and who esle.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By Kairan1979

She is going to destroy Jean Grey School of Higher Learning.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fivestarga

God, if she comes back I hope she stays far away from Uncanny and Cyke. If seems that the vast majority of fans want her to move on and still have some interaction with Cyclops which isn't helping anyone. Cyclops is all about ensuring the survival of the mutant race, that being said it is probably more important to the character than focusing on his old wife.  

She needs to forge her own path away from him. Knowing how Jason Aaron loves to make Wolverine's dreams come true, I could see her showing up soon in "Wolverine and the X-men."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.