Follow

Jay Garrick

Character » Jay Garrick appears in 1971 issues.

Jay Garrick is the original, Golden Age, super-speedster, and was the first to have the mantle of the Flash and a founder of the Justice Society of America. It was Jay Garrick's legendary heroics that inspired Barry Allen.

Where to start with pre-new 52 Jay Garrick?

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JulieDC

I've been reading some Flash stories and enjoy Jay's presence. What are some other stories before the reboot that are about Jay? Where is the best place to start. Ideally, I'd like to stick with the 1990s onward.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

You can start with Flash Comics #1 from 1940. No, sorry, I know very little about Jay Garrick, I just had to get that out of my system.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I know there's two books compiling a lot of Jay's actual golden age comics, but they're quite difficult to find as physical copies and haven't been put on Comixology. I'd like to know where to start with pre-N52, pre-crisis Jay, but it seems next to impossible.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RDClip

I got to know the character by reading JSA books. I don't think he has had any solo books (minis, one-shots, ect) since the Golden Age. So reading JSA is your best bet to see him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.