Jay Garrick Redesign

• 72 results
#51 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like he's been in the future, I'm talkin Bart Allen future.

#52 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Why is Jay Garrick in a Spider-man jumpsuit with Ant-Man's helmet.

I KNOW, WHY???

#53 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

That just looks...awful. I mean, I understand they probably wanna try revitalizing the character and make him more modernly appealing, but it just doesn't look right.

#54 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

Looks good, but I will miss the old helmet :(

Even Clark is sad.
#55 Posted by benjoe11 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the costume, but not the helmet. Maybe it just looks bad in that instance? And in all honesty, I'd rather see wally come back in the ugliest costume ever, as long as he came back. I neeeeed wally back.

#56 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Shoulda dropped the Helmet.

#57 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

*Facepalm*

DC's sole desire seems to be to taint my memory of the JSA of old.

#58 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio

It's better than the New Teen Titans,Harley Quinn,or Power Girl...so in that case it's not bad by default.

#59 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

It's better than the New Teen Titans,Harley Quinn,or Power Girl...so in that case it's not bad by default.

Agreed with Power Girl and half of the New Titans.

#60 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12632 posts) - - Show Bio

If they had kept or modified the golden age helmet, it would look better. The ant-man helmet isn't working for me.

#61 Posted by sirdaveysockrocker (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: ive concluded you are either a dc lackey, or the f***ing devil.

#62 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12632 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirdaveysockrocker: Why?

#63 Posted by nickthedevil (13967 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one that doesnt try to put up the new DC universe costumes with the old ones? Dont come into it with expectations guys, thats the point of rebooting it.. Its a clean slate. I mean, be honest, do you think it would be a good look if there was no predecessor?

#64 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Am i the only one that doesnt try to put up the new DC universe costumes with the old ones? Dont come into it with expectations guys, thats the point of rebooting it.. Its a clean slate. I mean, be honest, do you think it would be a good look if there was no predecessor?

An interesting question, I think the helmet would actually be worse without the predecessor, the rest would probably be okay without the comparison but under few context is this good.

#65 Posted by nickthedevil (13967 posts) - - Show Bio

Was the ending of your reply a statement or a question? Lol sorry, i can't tell. Too tired

#66 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: Statement

#67 Posted by nickthedevil (13967 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah. Well for some reason, I am unable to compare all the new 52 stuff to the original DCU, (even though i have yet to pick up a book of the new universe) i've seen all the complaints and rants on the site of the different costumes, and i actually liked what they've done so far... Is that bad? But then again, i guess they have yet to touch on more "Favored characters" of mine, so who knows. They might come up with a horrendous look for Professor Zoom and i could rage quit DC forever. But tomorrow never knows eh?

#68 Posted by sirdaveysockrocker (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: because its a ridiculous spandex joke. I personally like the jsa because these heroes offer a difference of opinion to the regular heroes. They fought during a different time and they had a certain moral code and it made them interesting to see that against todays heroes. JSA's Black Reign storyline is a perfect example of that. In the 1930s, comics were fairly new, science was relatively young so they had a guy who accidentally inhaled "hard water vapors" put on a pair of jeans (new to the time) a shirt with a bolt, and a helmet, and wrote him kicking nazi ass, while we as a nation were actually suffering from ww2. To have a character with legit history like that is rare and valuable. Its not like jay garrick was the ONLY flash, they got to bring back barry and erase poor wally and de-age bart AGAIN. So why couldnt the old flash just be? Fought in ww2, retired, shows up sometimes, maybe a mini-series, end of story. But all this garbage with a complete reboot and DC not liking the characters great history to still use it, BUT use the characters name stature to make serious changes and PRETEND to be committed to overhaul, its insulting and obvious and stupid. If DC had done a major costume change and reboot to Barry allen, and made hal jordan gay? Then id still hate it, but at least i could say, "WOW ok, dc is seriously committed to recreation and starting over." But changing these jsa heroes instead cuz they still get the name recognition, is phony.

#69 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like Antman.

#70 Posted by FIash (63 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume looks awesome but the things on his helmet should be lightning bolt shaped, and his visor tinted red.

#71 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

That costume doesnt look terrible. It's kind of supposed to look hokey. Earth 2 is golden age and the golden age was Hokey. In fact it's nice to see they are owning it and ot trying to make it something it isnt. Hell even the Alan Scott weakness to "wood" joke is genius if you consider that it's a golden age character and that whole thing sounds like one big joke from that era. We as comic book fans can be quick to judge and cast aside. There have been FAR worse costumes than this.

#72 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I got this issues at Frank and Son's... Darn thing cost me 6 dallars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.