Big question

#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

How does that hat not fly off when he runs?

#2 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahm, he has this side strap on his hat that goes under his chin that pins his hat in place.

I believe his hat is designed to cut through air friction that is why it can easily slide in while the flash is running.

just a theory about the hat design but the strap do exist, check out his pics at the gallery done by alex ross if i am right.

#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! I thought it just stayed on with no explanation...Thanks for the info, Ice Prince!

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

he uses hair pins!

#5 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Because his hat has holes in like a siv, and the feathers make it soar through the wind, without falling off.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

The speed force allows him to run without friction. So there would be no force to blow the hat off when he is running.

#7 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"The speed force allows him to run without friction. So there would be no force to blow the hat off when he is running."

What he said.

#8 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"The speed force allows him to run without friction. So there would be no force to blow the hat off when he is running."

booo!!! i dont like your very likely statement!

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Nobody says:
booo!!! i dont like your very likely statement!"
Aww....I changed my mind:P Its cause he has a magnet under his hat and a metalic plate in his head:P
#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Apparition says:
"Nobody says:
Aww....I changed my mind:P Its cause he has a magnet under his hat and a metalic plate in his head:P "

yayyyyy!!! now that's much better!!

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Nobody says:
"Apparition says:
"Nobody says:
Aww....I changed my mind:P Its cause he has a magnet under his hat and a metalic plate in his head:P "
yayyyyy!!! now that's much better!!"
YAY!
#12 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

But I mean, I thought of the speedforce last night, and I realized, even with that, it is not a valid explanation. I mean, if I put a plate on my head, and began running down the street as hard as I could and as fast as a could, the simple motion of me constantly bobbing up and down would cause the thing to fall off. But, Ice Prince said chinstraps, so I'm good, logic wise. Now, if I wanted the truth, I think he staples it on.

#13 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

why is there no lightning coming off of him when he runs, unlike the other flashes?

#14 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
If you ran without friction, wouldn't you not be able to move? Or do they will their movement and the moving legs is just to aid in meditation?
#15 Posted by velle37 (6055 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"

The speed force allows him to run without friction. So there would be no force to blow the hat off when he is running.

"

What about when he was cut off from the speed force and only relied on his metagene?... :P
#16 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a Question. I this the same Jay before Flashpoint or a different one ? I ask because I get really confused with the multiverse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.