Am I right to say (New 52) Jay Garrick is as fast as Cptn Marvel

#1 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I say that because Captain Marvel has the speed of mercury and New 52 Jay Garrick received his powers from this god.

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a reasonable assumption. But given that Billy tended to use his other powers (strength, flight) and now seems a bit more inclined towards using his lightning, I somehow doubt we'll see him running around at Garrick's speed.

Also: SUPERSPEED PARKOUR?! WHY HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE?!

#3 Posted by Omega-Man (766 posts) - - Show Bio

My only hate is that Jay hasn't shown any insane feats like Barry has on Earth 0 Barry is actually stated to be faster than Jay

#4 Posted by noj (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur: In the new 52 Im not sure Shazam has the powers of S H A Z A M anymore. His powers seem more magic/lightning based.

#5 Posted by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@therrieur: In the new 52 Im not sure Shazam has the powers of S H A Z A M anymore. His powers seem more magic/lightning based.

Has Billy or Adam been stated to recieve their powers from the various gods of the Greek and Egyptian pantheons like before? Or are they retconning them to be simply 'powerful mage' types?

#6 Edited by w0nd (3756 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

Has Billy or Adam been stated to recieve their powers from the various gods of the Greek and Egyptian pantheons like before? Or are they retconning them to be simply 'powerful mage' types?

haven't seen an actual definition yet. And their transformations seems to be that of willpower not juts saying the name. Since his name is Shazam and he has said it a few times without turning back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.