Follow

Jason Voorhees

Character » Jason Voorhees appears in 105 issues.

Mommy's boy and legendary Crystal Lake 'Slasher', Jason was the multi homicidal main character of the Friday The 13th, franchise. Seeking for vengeance, Jason is considered the most brutal mass killer of all time in the film world.

Friday the 13th Video Game?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

No I am not talking about that terrible NES game.....a thought did occur to me though, Jason is a popular icon of horror. He has a ton of fans and the like, his movies are on a low budget and yet they rake in a TON of money no matter how bad they really are to a lot of viewers. Could a game where you play as Jason Voorhees actually do well? I have some actual thoughts on this, and wanna see what everyone thinks so here it goes. 
    ============ 

Sandbox Environment: The location, obviously being Camp Crystal Lake where as Jason you can go around wherever you want having plenty of places to hide in to stalk your victims. Weapons include a number of things, such as knives, hammers, bow and arrow, spear, etc etc also as a default Jason would start with his machete.  The buildings would be the cabins, that in certain areas you could burst through(such as the door, certain parts of the wall and the like) and you could also go into the water to chase after your victims should they be in a boat.

Victims: The victims would range from teenagers, to adults, to police, at times there may even be a mixed group of the three. When you kill the people, you can hide their bodies to surprise and shock people who find them if you so wish. 

Health: Now for this, I was thinking there could be two modes one normal Jason and an undead one where the two incarnations have slightly different stats which goes something like this.. 

Normal Jason 

1. Super Strength 

2. Able to run 

3. Can be killed with enough force from guns or tools, if the police/teens/adults can fight back. 

Undead Jason 

1, Super Strength 

2. Healing Factor 

3. Can only do a brisk(fast) walk 

4. Cannot be killed, however if enough people escape the camp then its game over.  
     =========== 

Traps: Either as Normal Jason or Undead Jason, you would be able to set traps in various locations to get your victims. Provided that you have the right tools, such as bear traps, rope, nets, etc etc 

Killer Moves: For these are when you do a specific combo, the camera zooms in and like in various other games you watch as you kill your victim in a rather gruesome way.  

===Added things by Viners===

Multiplayer Mode: Up to 4 players with each a round, the most creative kill on a victim wins and at the end all the rounds are piled into a video and can be uploaded online for others to view it.  

-Added by BenTanks 

Environment Interaction:  The player would be able to use things such as windows, doors, and the like to kill their victims. Throwing someone through a window for instance, could leave shards of glass in which Jason could use to finish off the victim. 

-Added by Pokeyesteve 

DLC Halloween Short : In a short DLC, the player takes control of Michael Myers in which the controls are the same however there becomes a new place to explore in Haddonfield map, aswell as having new weapons and even Michael's own killer move set. 

- Added by evilvegeta 

DLC Skins Pack:  This download adds in a number of skins the player can choose from, containing a few killers/monsters from various horror movies which include. Uber Jason X, Freddy, Michael Myers, Leatherface, Werewolf, and the Frankenstein monster.

-Added by Wolfrazer
    === 

All I can really think of for now, anyone else got any thoughts/ideas to add?
    BenTankCollins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BenTankCollins

I can see a multiplayer done right, each player has a round..say four players, the most creative player wins, and at the end it's recorded like one long horror movie of each rounds winners and can be uploaded for all to watch.I t would be awesome to see, perhapse make it free roam of the woods, the town and maybe a few farms.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

Added in the multiplayer thing, come on folks. Anyone have any other thoughts/comments/ideas for this game? It could be good if done right, fans would love it.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer

Bump, know this is 2 weeks old however wanna see if anyone else has any thoughts? Good idea? Yes/No?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By Pokeysteve

This actually sounds pretty cool. One thing I would definitely add is environment interaction. If he throws someone though a window, he should be able to pick up a shard of glass. Slam someone's head with a door. Smash someone's face in a TV. Stuff like that. He doesn't use the Machete as often as people think and would make the default his bare hands especially with that combo idea.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @Pokeysteve said:

This actually sounds pretty cool. One thing I would definitely add is environment interaction. If he throws someone though a window, he should be able to pick up a shard of glass. Slam someone's head with a door. Smash someone's face in a TV. Stuff like that. He doesn't use the Machete as often as people think and would make the default his bare hands especially with that combo idea.

Ya but I figured, seeing as the machete is kinda his thing he would start with it, though the player would be able to swap between weapon and just bare handed. Though I will go and add in the environment interaction! Any other ideas you got, just throw em out.
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Wolfrazer: I'd buy it, but Michael Myers would have to be a DLC with a huge Haddonfield map.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @evilvegeta74 said:

@Wolfrazer: I'd buy it, but Michael Myers would have to be a DLC with a huge Haddonfield map.

Eh...trying to just make this a Friday the 13th game....but that is an interesting idea however with Michael i'll put it in. Anything else, yall can think of just let me know. 

Edit: Also added in a skins pack! 

Come on folks, tell me what ya think, give out some ideas if you want!
    Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Kiddevil

I like this idea of yours it would also be cool to be able to play as his soon to be victims ya know? Try and out run him fight a little the whole deal.@Wolfrazer:

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blur99

Get the Resident Evil people to craft a "survival horror" game. Thing is "Friday the 13th" isn't real popular nowadays because there were too many bad movies. I liked part 5. She is why. Melanie Kinnamon is ravishing.

And that NES game was awful... real awful. Old gamer here.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer:

Vs mode

A bonus mini game sort of thing where you can play as various horror icons and you fight against another,you can either play with a friend or the AI (basically like a horror mini version of Mortal Komat)

Hero mode

You play as a regular person and you must try to survive Jason's onslaught and eventually confront him and try to take him down.Can either be an entire campaign or a mini game.

Slaughter!

Play as Jason as you try to slaughter as many people as you can in the given time. Mini game

Endurance test

Survive as long as you can as your health rapidly decreases min game

Kill her mommy! Kill her!

Play as the bitch who started it all Pamela Voorhees as you take revenge.Either a mini game DLC or a small campaign.

Creeper113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There should definitely be some quest among the mayhem, where you are required to do things like block the road, cut the power and get certain victims to run into certain places or traps. These quest can be given by Pamela's head.

Undead Jason can't die but once the health meter drops below a certain level he should fall down until his healing factor brings the meter back up to a certain point.

In Undead form he cannot run but once a victim is aware of him and running away he can teleport once certain criteria are met (he is locked onto the victim, they are a minimum distance from him, he is not in sight of any other characters, and the power is currently out.)

Victims could fall and trip less the lower Jason's life meter gets. Victims could also get more aggressive when the meter is lower.

Body count marks could unlock new content, new areas of Crystal Lake (where new weapons can be found,) maybe unlock occult powers like the teleporting, and projecting the ghost of young Jason to help herd your victims into traps or drag people underwater.

Add remake Jason to DLC

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good to me.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RisingBean
    Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: It's not polished footage, but it looks pretty good. The premise sounds like a blast.

I'll spend way too much time getting hacked up this October, I'm sure.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@risingbean: This is actually pretty creepy! I questioned the legitness of this game at first but the IGN logo in the video lends some credibility. Thanks for the tag!

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: Oh, this is legit. It's one guy playing as Jason with the rest being counselors. It'll be on Xbox and the PS4 and PC. You probably missed this pre alpha video too. Oh and this gameplay video. Should I mention Tom Savini is involved, and Kane Hodder is doing Jason's motion capture?

@mrdecepticonleader:Yup. This is the result of that kickstarter Gun Media got kicking. I've been keeping up when I can and know that parts 2-3, 6-9 are the skins for Jason.

It looks like we may finally be getting the F-13 game we want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
    deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to watch unrealentgaming play this game

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: Oh, this is legit. It's one guy playing as Jason with the rest being counselors. It'll be on Xbox and the PS4 and PC. You probably missed this pre alpha video too. Oh and this gameplay video. Should I mention Tom Savini is involved, and Kane Hodder is doing Jason's motion capture?

@mrdecepticonleader:Yup. This is the result of that kickstarter Gun Media got kicking. I've been keeping up when I can and know that parts 2-3, 6-9 are the skins for Jason.

It looks like we may finally be getting the F-13 game we want.

All sounds great. Hope it turns out good, I'll be getting it if it is for sure. Looks like they have poured alot of work into this too

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I preordered and have some beta keys left over. They should be good for the next few days. First come, first serve. If they don't work for some reason, sorry. If they do work and you play, feel free to drop back here and tell us what you thought.

To use them, you need a comp.

MINIMUM SPECS: OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: DirectX 11 Compatible GPU with 2GB Video RAM Storage: 10 GB available space

RECOMMENDED SPECS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required) 8 GB Ram Intel Core i5 4750 3.2 GHz/AMD FX-8350 4.7 GHz or equivalent NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent 10 GB Hard Drive Space

You'd be playing via Steam.

Anyhow, here you guys go, enjoy.

4GIIE-DZ3E0-B4ATH

WMVFW-45XRL-XC2C3

ZA7GN-305Y8-JT28B

VLFXC-XBL8C-YW6N0

JK34N-LN8YT-8W62Z

6BIY0-4955X-GIRGZ

V8YCT-KG2KI-TGVJY

CBVYC-P5NLB-G67C9

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One final bump.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By tparks  Online

Yup. I like it.

Also, that NES game isn't that bad. It has a lot of flaws, but it's actually pretty fun to play still, if you know what you're doing. That was the biggest problem with the game, it doesn't tell you what you're supposed to do.

Creeper113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have an official release date - May 26, 2017

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.