Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1742 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Why do people think jason killed innocent people?

• 113 results
    redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By redhoodx

Can some one really show me if he killed an innocent person? because I get tired of people say that when they know he hasn't. even the bat family has fought him on occasion and each time he could have shot and killed them but didn't. The only time he really tryed to kill a bat was in that piece of sh!t under the hood movie, were they changed the ending and make jason shoot at batman then batman dodges it. What really happend for all thoughs who don't know is that jason was about to shoot the joker and batman threw a batarang in his throught. best scene in the book, and they took it out! It showed what an a$$ batman is that he would rather save a god to honest demon like joker than kill the man who has ruinend every persons life he has come in contact with.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@redhoodx: Hence the reason I think Batman is an idiot. He captures the Joker and throws him into incarceration, knowing fully well that it would only be a short period of time before the Joker escapes again. The Joker gets back on the streets and commits a few more murders until he catches the attention of Batman, at which point the cycle of capture and release starts again. This just shows what a narcissistic a-hole Bruce Wayne really is. He would rather ride his moral high horse then save numerous civilians that occupy the city he swore to protect. Ironic much?

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DXmagma

Yeah there comes a point where you start being a bit more drastic. Doesn't even have to kill him, just take off his thumbs or something.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RainEffect

Ah, Jason Todd fans. Almost as entertaining as Storm fans.

If Batman kills, then his entire character becomes irrelevant. If Batman kills the Joker, then the Joker wins. Don't you guys see that? That is what Jason never understood. Killing is what separates 'us' from 'them'. Jason doesn't deserve to wear the Bat Symbol if he kills.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@RainEffect: I didn't know that Jason's fans are fanatics...Interesting. It seems entertaining adopting his flawed logic regarding Batman killing Joker. Good thing you pointed out the obvious, saying that Batman can't kill Joker for the reasons you mentionned. And something else... if Batman kills Joker who is going to be his arch-nemesis in this comic book??????????? So, Batman will never kill Joker, cause they are comic characters and they need each other for the show!

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RainEffect
    @Phaedrusgr said:

@RainEffect: I didn't know that Jason's fans are fanatics...Interesting. It seems entertaining adopting his flawed logic regarding Batman killing Joker. Good thing you pointed out the obvious, saying that Batman can't kill Joker for the reasons you mentionned. And something else... if Batman kills Joker who is going to be his arch-nemesis in this comic book??????????? So, Batman will never kill Joker, cause they are comic characters and they need each other for the show!

Some fans are good guys, like daredevil21134 and feargalr. I've had my fair share of debates with some rather ... passionate ... Todd fans. Especially the ones who say he could be a better Batman because he kills. He isn't Batman because he kills.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @RainEffect said:

If Batman kills, then his entire character becomes irrelevant. If Batman kills the Joker, then the Joker wins. Don't you guys see that? That is what Jason never understood. Killing is what separates 'us' from 'them'. Jason doesn't deserve to wear the Bat Symbol if he kills.

Storm fans are smarter.   

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@redhoodx: Hence the reason I think Batman is an idiot. He captures the Joker and throws him into incarceration, knowing fully well that it would only be a short period of time before the Joker escapes again. The Joker gets back on the streets and commits a few more murders until he catches the attention of Batman, at which point the cycle of capture and release starts again. This just shows what a narcissistic a-hole Bruce Wayne really is. He would rather ride his moral high horse then save numerous civilians that occupy the city he swore to protect. Ironic much?

And I'll try and get through to you Jason-fans for the billionth time, THE COURTS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO EXECUTE THE JOKER. BATMAN ISN'T INVOLVED. 
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RainEffect
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @RainEffect said:

Storm fans are smarter.  
    LOL. The first time I can say "It's funny because it's true" and NOT sound like a prat.
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mega_spidey01

its true time and time again batman must honor the code of not killing. is jason a better person because he kills ? but i do think its tricky to take the law into your own hands  with letting the criminal go to court first.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Freefa11

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

And I'll try and get through to you Jason-fans for the billionth time, THE COURTS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO EXECUTE THE JOKER. BATMAN ISN'T INVOLVED.

I have to agree with this. The point of Batman is to operate only slightly outside the law, but still alongside it. Executing criminals himself would go outside this and probably kill the little bit of goodwill the police have towards him (they don't usually look to kindly on vigilantes). And it is important to realize that Batman is not the entire justice system for the city of Gotham. They still have police, judges, juries, prisons, etc. Joker not being sentenced to execution isn't really Batman's fault, it is more a failing of the criminal justice system. Why haven't any of the judges sentenced him to death yet? You'd think it would come up. Joker constantly escaping is more a failing of the prison/security system. After the first few times you'd think they would put him under pretty hefty lockdown.

But then again, does the Joker actually get tried and sentenced? I feel like a lot of times Batman just dumps him off at Arkham like a lost puppy or something.

In any case, the Joker constantly breaking loose is on more heads than just Batman's. Plus, if he was killed, we'd permanently be deprived of one of comic's greatest villains.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Freefa11 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I have to agree with this. The point of Batman is to operate only slightly outside the law, but still alongside it. Executing criminals himself would go outside this and probably kill the little bit of goodwill the police have towards him (they don't usually look to kindly on vigilantes). And it is important to realize that Batman is not the entire justice system for the city of Gotham. They still have police, judges, juries, prisons, etc. Joker not being sentenced to execution isn't really Batman's fault, it is more a failing of the criminal justice system. Why haven't any of the judges sentenced him to death yet? You'd think it would come up. Joker constantly escaping is more a failing of the prison/security system. After the first few times you'd think they would put him under pretty hefty lockdown.

But then again, does the Joker actually get tried and sentenced? I feel like a lot of times Batman just dumps him off at Arkham like a lost puppy or something.

In any case, the Joker constantly breaking loose is on more heads than just Batman's. Plus, if he was killed, we'd permanently be deprived of one of comic's greatest villains.

The Gotham Courts are rather beautiful satire of the real courts in that they protect the guilty. The Joker is sentenced to Arkham every time because he's insane, and insane individuals can't be prosecuted as mentally competent. 
    Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Freefa11

@FadeToBlackBolt: I don't think Joker would actually fit the criteria for being legally insane in real life. My understanding is that it requires proving the person in question is actually unaware of any difference between right and wrong, even conceptually. This is why guys like Bundy, Dahmer, and Manson couldn't get off on it; despite their personal views, they were still aware enough of reality to know that the rest of society would view what they were doing as "wrong" (or at least illegal). I think the insanity plea has actually only worked a small number of times in American history, despite the popular depiction of it being a kind of "get out of jail free" card. I don't have any legal background though, so I could be off on this.

Of course, this is comics. In real life Batman would have been shot to death ages ago, or killed himself jumping off a building (you have any idea how impossible it would be for a grown man to swing on a thin little line like he sometimes has from a dozen stories up? Between that and him dodging bullets, the idea of Batman being a "normal" human goes out the window pretty fast).

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By cody1984

@RainEffect said:

If Batman kills, then his entire character becomes irrelevant. If Batman kills the Joker, then the Joker wins.

That is such a copout. It makes no logical sense for Batman to let Joker live...hell he didn't have to do the deed himself he could've just let others do it instead of interfering saving the Joker which makes Batman look like a complete retard every single time.

@RainEffect said:

Don't you guys see that?

No because its BS.

@RainEffect said:

That is what Jason never understood. Killing is what separates 'us' from 'them'.

Their are so many characters in comics that kill and don't go over to the dark side becoming "evil" from doing so.

@RainEffect said:

Jason doesn't deserve to wear the Bat Symbol if he kills.

I disagree Jason should wear it as a F****** to Batman.

DeadJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeadJester

@RainEffect said:

i understand the situation batman is in. and I AM a jason todd fan. i did like his batman better but its not because i think hes a better batman but because i like jason todd and agree with his ideals moreso than i do bruce wayne. i feel that at times killing is necessary. should batman do it? no. itd change him too much, but i dont understand why he saves joker as much as he seems to have over the years? i mean, did he stop jason because he actually thought he could bring him around to bruce's way of thinking or does he actually value joker's life that much? and idk if anyone has ever asked this but dont you think bruce could put enough pressure on the judicial system in gotham to get joker executed? idk, i feel like its contradictory to say its the gotham justice systems job to execute joker because if the whole system really worked, there wouldnt be much need for batman in the first place. i just have a hard time seeing batman not finish off serious threats that cost many more lives later on because i dont agree with the views. but to each his own i guess. and please dont lump all jason todd fans together, there are fanatics for every character, even aquaman lol, so we just have to look past the crazy ones for good debates. and i dont mean to start an argument just state my opinion lol.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
    higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RainEffect said:

um i dont like jason, but if anyone had an inch of sanity, would he save the joker who hurt not only hundreds of victims but also the batfamily and the gordon family, seriously save him
    in the movie batman begins said in the end to ras i may not kill you but i dont have to save you, and i sincerly believe the after looking at the joker's history batman would atleast make an exception of not saving him. then again who would replace the iconic arch nemisis
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

YOU KNOW WHY BATMAN DOESN'T LET PEOPLE DIE WHEN HE CAN SAVE THEM, OR WHY HE DOESN'T KILL?

BECAUSE HE'S BETTER THAN YOU. 
    Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
    higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

YOU KNOW WHY BATMAN DOESN'T LET PEOPLE DIE WHEN HE CAN SAVE THEM, OR WHY HE DOESN'T KILL?

no he isnt i have a college degree :P
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

What made you think I was a fan of Jason? Did I mention "Jason" in my previous post? I did not. My point is, for a caped crusader to swore to protect his city from crime, Bruce is doing a lousy job by not killing the Joker (which will never happen as the Joker is an integral part of Batman's character) and letting him roam around and hurt innocent civilians. You can be a drone and say "if Batman kills then his entire character becomes irrelevant" (or some derivative of that), but personally, I'd rather live in a city with one less psychotic murderer.

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Bottom line is, Bruce is a pussy who's afraid to get his hands completely immersed in blood. Plus he has a fetish for young prepubescent boys. That's not taking anything away from him of course, but I'm just stating the obvious. *Hears the tremors from the keyboards of a thousand greasy hands across the world*

Let me have it.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Superguy0009e

@yumyumbubblegum: he kills the joker, he becomes like him

the joker believes that life is meaningless, thus, you can do what you want, batman believes life has meanings, so u have to follow rules

he doesnt kill joker because, whether he likes it or not, he follows a rule not to kill, and he has to follow it, or else all he does is hypocritical

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@Superguy0009e said:

@yumyumbubblegum: he kills the joker, he becomes like him

the joker believes that life is meaningless, thus, you can do what you want, batman believes life has meanings, so u have to follow rules

he doesnt kill joker because, whether he likes it or not, he follows a rule not to kill, and he has to follow it, or else all he does is hypocritical

If Batman truly believed that, then he wouldn't have let the Joker take the lives of Jason Todd, and countless others. People keep saying he has a rule not to kill, but there comes a point when Bruce's sworn responsibility to protect his city, must override his ethical dilemma. A hero doesn't let people die to justify his oath to not kill.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cody1984

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Another major copout.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cody1984

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Bottom line is, Bruce is a pussy who's afraid to get his hands completely immersed in blood.

This right here is the best answer I've seen for why Batman won't kill.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Cyclops would be disappointed in you after this statement.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By fodigg

Batman does not kill because he's staking a moral claim that killing is wrong. Jason is motivated to kill who he sees as deserving by either revenge or by cold practicality. The former is simply violent petulance. The latter is okay in theory but rather silly in a world where people can come back to life after being killed anyway, possibly more vicious than before. Hmm, who do we know who did that?

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By nightwing91

Well they believe it because he has,he shot and killed two hospital guards in Baman and Robin 4(They were completely innocent trying to stop Scarlet from killing) And he did try to kill Tim Drake,you know stabbing him and leaving him for dead with his lair set to explode.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KingofMadCows

Jason Todd's method is not more effective than Batman's because of what Gordon mentioned at the end of Batman Begins, escalation. The harder Jason tries to put criminals down, the harder the criminals will strike back. Comic books don't work in real life. There is a limit to how far things can go in the real world. A criminal organization in real life is not going to be able to wage a full scale war against the US government. There are no limits in a comic book universe. Think about this for a second, in the DC universe, it is possible for someone to gain the powers of hell or make an alliance with galaxy conquering alien warlords to supply their gang with some of the most advanced technology in the universe.

Putting down the bad guys won't help because not only do they become like martyrs but there will always be someone worse to take their place. The Joker does die but what happened after that? He inspired an entire gang of Jokerz that run rampant across Gotham for the next 50 years. You think killing Black Mask will be any different? Criminals aren't going to think, "hey, if a guy that's as bad as Black Mask got taken down, maybe I'm not safe either. I better go legit." They're going to think, "Black Mask was a punk. He was too weak and that's why he got rubbed out. If I want to make it in this town I have to be 10 times more violent and ruthless."

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Who cares if the Joker 'wins'. Kill the bastard and prevent other innocent lives from being taken.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sure Jason have killed people that dont deserve to be killed, also Jason cant kill the Joker, the Joker notice it and decide to make fun of it.

Jason is not better that Bruce, killing dont make you better, whta Jason say have some sense, the main problem is that he never decide who is he going to kills, some times it looks like if Jason decide to kill you just for the fact you are a criminal.

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By redhoodx

I hate it when a tangent discusion consumes the main topic. So i'll ask again. Can some one really show me if he killed an innocent person? because I get tired of people say that when they know he hasn't. even the bat family has fought him on occasion and each time he could have shot and killed them but didn't.

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By redhoodx

@nightwing91: thanks for staying on topic! to reply, he did not kill tim. he is a master assasin I think he would know if tim was dead. there for, he let him live. As for the gaurds I thought it was scarlet that killed them but i could be wrong on that one.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Batman doesn't kill the joker the same reason Superman doesn't kill Lex Luthor or Green Lantern kill Sinestro or Spiderman kill Norman Osborn or Frank Castle Jigsaw... oh wait...

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nightwing91

@redhoodx said:

@nightwing91: thanks for staying on topic! to reply, he did not kill tim. he is a master assasin I think he would know if tim was dead. there for, he let him live. As for the gaurds I thought it was scarlet that killed them but i could be wrong on that one.

So stabbing someone in the chest you know(I believe Tim mentioned he only lived cause his heart slowed down to like 8 beats a minute, and leaving him in his lair set to blow with no way for radio transmissions to get out that sounds like attempted murder,my argument was that he tried to kill him not that he did)

And it was Jason, he shot them both in the head from the window, Scarlet didn't have a gun.That's two innocents murdered.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @cody1984 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Another major copout.

Actually, it's not. Batman lives in a world full of death and despair, and he rises above it. Sure, he's an Omen of the Night, but he also respects life, all life, far more than any other hero. Of course, when you like Garth Ennis and your favourite character is the Punisher, it doesn't surprise me that subtlety eludes you.  

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Bottom line is, Bruce is a pussy who's afraid to get his hands completely immersed in blood.

Batman kills, Superman picks him up within 3 seconds.  
    The only reason guys Jason and the Punisher roam free is because of PIS.  Steve Rogers should beat the crap out of Frank and drop him off in the Raft. 

The argument for why Bruce doesn't cripple his enemies is a fair one, and falls purely on meta-contextual circumstances. But why he doesn't kill? There's a clear answer; it's not his duty. The police are ill-equipped to deal with supercriminals, so Bruce brings them in. It is not his responsibility to execute, that falls on the courts, on the public.  
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cody1984

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Actually, it's not. Batman lives in a world full of death and despair, and he rises above it. Sure, he's an Omen of the Night, but he also respects life, all life, far more than any other hero.

Yet another Copout. Even a well known DC writer like Greg Rucka is on record for stating it making no sense why Batman hasn't killed Joker.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Then why isn't the Joker, Lex Luthor, Penguin, etc all not picked up and put back in jail in 3 seconds then?

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The only reason guys Jason and the Punisher roam free is because of PIS.

Yet Shield, the FBI, and superheroes have failed to capture Frank several times. Not to mention other heroes being busy doing something else. Now granted Frank operating as long as he has in NYC you think the heroes their would try and capture him more often then they do though.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Steve Rogers should beat the crap out of Frank and drop him off in the Raft.

Back in the 90's series Steve Rogers did try and capture the Punisher and failed.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

But why he doesn't kill? There's a clear answer; it's not his duty.

Again, another copout. If Bruce is so concerned about the safety of the people of Gotham he would've killed the Joker years ago to insure their safety instead of letting him get away with killing sprees.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The police are ill-equipped to deal with supercriminals, so Bruce brings them in. It is not his responsibility to execute, that falls on the courts, on the public.

Which is blatant PIS but leaving that aside if Batman is suppose to be such a great protector he would've killed Joker or let him die at the hands of others instead of saving him like an idiot each time failing to protect people that Joker is going to kill in the future.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @cody1984 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Actually, it's not. Batman lives in a world full of death and despair, and he rises above it. Sure, he's an Omen of the Night, but he also respects life, all life, far more than any other hero.

Yet another Copout. Even a well known DC writer like Greg Rucka is on record for stating it making no sense why Batman hasn't killed Joker.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Then why isn't the Joker, Lex Luthor, Penguin, etc all not picked up and put back in jail in 3 seconds then?

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The only reason guys Jason and the Punisher roam free is because of PIS.

Yet Shield, the FBI, and superheroes have failed to capture Frank several times. Not to mention other heroes being busy doing something else. Now granted Frank operating as long as he has in NYC you think the heroes their would try and capture him more often then they do though.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Steve Rogers should beat the crap out of Frank and drop him off in the Raft.

Back in the 90's series Steve Rogers did try and capture the Punisher and failed.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

But why he doesn't kill? There's a clear answer; it's not his duty.

Again, another copout. If Bruce is so concerned about the safety of the people of Gotham he would've killed the Joker years ago to insure their safety instead of letting him get away with killing sprees.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The police are ill-equipped to deal with supercriminals, so Bruce brings them in. It is not his responsibility to execute, that falls on the courts, on the public.

Which is blatant PIS but leaving that aside if Batman is suppose to be such a great protector he would've killed Joker or let him die at the hands of others instead of saving him like an idiot each time failing to protect people that Joker is going to kill in the future.

- Greg Rucka also wrote a portion of Officer Down. His opinion is not gospel.  

- Lex Luthor is a legitimate businessman, the Penguin is also involved primarily in organised crime and thus eludes detection by the authorities. The Joker's plot are usually foiled the night that he initiates them.  

- You don't think that maybe, just maybe there's a little bit of PIS involved in Frank constantly evading authorities? That maybe Marvel have a vested interest in the character not being confined to solitary?  

- You're not grasping the whole "not his responsibility" to kill thing are you? Bruce helps apprehend criminals. What happens afterwards is not his problem. Just because you're frustrated with the legal system doesn't mean you have the right to circumvent it. 
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Batman kills, Superman picks him up within 3 seconds. The only reason guys Jason and the Punisher roam free is because of PIS. Steve Rogers should beat the crap out of Frank and drop him off in the Raft. The argument for why Bruce doesn't cripple his enemies is a fair one, and falls purely on meta-contextual circumstances. But why he doesn't kill? There's a clear answer; it's not his duty. The police are ill-equipped to deal with supercriminals, so Bruce brings them in. It is not his responsibility to execute, that falls on the courts, on the public.
    1. That already happened in Civil War if I'm not mistaken. Plus Frank is a hero, a blood tainted one, but nonetheless a hero. It's not PIS, because if you throw Frank into a cell indefinitely, then you might as well write off the character....
    2. Bruce knows completely well that no cell or jurisdiction will hold the Joker, yet he tries to turn a blind eye towards the obvious; every time the Joker escapes people he swore to protect will die. His duty as Gotham's protector must take precedence over his hesitation to deal the death blow.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    No Caption Provided

He's mellowed out..kinda.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cody1984

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

- Greg Rucka also wrote a portion of Officer Down. His opinion is not gospel.

I posted it to show that not everyone in the comic book industry buys your type of argument.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

- Lex Luthor is a legitimate businessman,

The Guy has been thrown in jail how times though?

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

the Penguin is also involved primarily in organised crime and thus eludes detection by the authorities.

Yet somehow Frank who commonly eludes detection from authorities by being several steps ahead of them not being thrown in jail in three seconds is PIS? Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The Joker's plot are usually foiled the night that he initiates them. - You don't think that maybe, just maybe there's a little bit of PIS involved in Frank constantly evading authorities?

I think that your argument is lame since everyone in comics eludes the authorities which is PIS but a whole other topic and not worth going into here.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That maybe Marvel have a vested interest in the character not being confined to solitary?

The thing about locking Frank up is that it’s essentially a vacation for him since criminals are all around him making his mission to kill them that much easier. That has been the case for years now with several different writers stating that locking Frank up doesn't end the war it just makes it more convenient for him to get at criminals. So Marvel has already provided an explanation for why throwing Frank in jail doesn't work.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

- You're not grasping the whole "not his responsibility" to kill thing are you?

It's a copout what's not to grasp about it?

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Bruce helps apprehend criminals.

Which has done two things jack and ****.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

What happens afterwards is not his problem.

Another copout.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Just because you're frustrated with the legal system doesn't mean you have the right to circumvent it.

This is something I really don't get about batman fans here...on one hand claiming he is a vigilante yet saying that he has to abide by the law in Gotham. That just seems completely asinine. Anyway, if Batman wants to clean up Gotham like he claims to then he might have to stop being such an idiot and get his hands dirty.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cody1984

@yumyumbubblegum said:

That already happened in Civil War if I'm not mistaken. Plus Frank is a hero, a blood tainted one, but nonetheless a hero. It's not PIS, because if you throw Frank into a cell indefinitely, then you might as well write off the character....

Not really. The Punisher didn't fight back due to Fraction being a retard and not knowing about Frank and Captain America fight before with his whole "not against you" line and Frank all of a sudden having Captain America being apart of his boot camp training. Also, Frank didn't go to jail he just got kicked off the Secret Avengers.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alch21

Why blame the cop that arrested a murderer if the murderer escaped from jail. Makes no sense, we should blame the prison system.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zdaybreak

@nightwing91: This version of Jason is (hopefully)no longer cannon. Besides, it was ridiculous. I blame Morrison, who was intent on molding Jason into your classical super-villain(ugly, outlandishly costumed and such). It makes no sense that they would have Jason spontaneously want a side-kick when he has stated that he dislikes the whole side-kick thing and that it puts kids into unnecessary danger. They even went as far as to put Jason into a dildo helmet with accessorized red guns to match his stupid helmet . Pre-52, Jason suffered bad characterization from too many writers who were inconsistent with him and mainly using him as a foil to other; Batman, Dick Grayson or Tim Drake. Even Mia Dearden. He was basically used as a villain material. The writers didn't even care to find out what kind of person he was supposed to be.

If you looked at Lost Days, which I considered the best pre-52 arc that actually treated Jason decently, Jason would only go after those that he deemed to be bad guys. After Lost Days, other writers simply used Jason to do whatever the hell they wanted; most took the dark side of him and made him into a gross caricature of who he really was. I guess he was used as a bit of a filler villain-of-the-week. So this past incident where he murdered two hospital guards shouldn't be counted towards him. The writer probably wanted to use it as a show of how dangerous Jason could be to Batman, that he is willing to kill, but Morrison was wrong because what he penned wasn't true to Jason's character at all. It was like some horribly deranged fanfiction. I almost couldn't get through typing this reply because I wanted to face palm at the whole dildo-Jason with ridiculous outfit and side-kick incarnation. It really makes me wince.

This is why I'm so happy with Lobdell's care of Jason, because compared to the past writers who mistreated Jason in appearance, personality and decisions, Lobdell is a Godsend. I'm please that he's done at least some research into Jason's past and the care that he's taken with him. Sorry if I wrote down too much, I guess I might be venting a little.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Shotgun:

Lost Days was more of a fan fiction than Morrison's Red Hood arc.While I do agree that he gave Jason a shitty design and hair do BUT his Jason was more of an antihero than Winicks who last time I checked smiled when he saw the people of Bludhaven getting nuked and even planted bombs on a railway track.Yup hero indeed(rolls eyes),Morrison's version wen't straight after the criminals and even tried to inspire the people of Gotham to use his methods.

"Let the punishment fit the crime" what do you think this means?that was his theme in Morrison's run.

Now lets look at Lost Days:

Barely any story,just Jason kicking ass,having sex with Talia(which contradicted continuity) and thrashing the Joker AGAIN.You wan't a fan fic take a good look at Lost Days.It screams favourtism.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zdaybreak

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@RainEffect said:

Storm fans are smarter.

I thought that you would know better than to judge many by the actions of the few.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zdaybreak

@entropy_aegis said:

@Shotgun:

Lost Days was more of a fan fiction than Morrison's Red Hood arc.While I do agree that he gave Jason a shitty design and hair do BUT his Jason was more of an antihero than Winicks who last time I checked smiled when he saw the people of Bludhaven getting nuked and even planted bombs on a railway track.Yup hero indeed(rolls eyes),Morrison's version wen't straight after the criminals and even tried to inspire the people of Gotham to use his methods.

"Let the punishment fit the crime" what do you think this means?that was his theme in Morrison's run.

Barely any story,just Jason kicking ass,having sex with Talia(which contradicted continuity) and thrashing the Joker AGAIN.You wan't a fan fic take a good look at Lost Days.It screams favourtism.

Lost Days was just an arc to show what Jason was up to after he 'came back from the dead' and the training he had before he confronted Bruce. He's supposed to have kicked ass. Just about every vigilante in the DCU kicks ass. Joker's thrashing was something that anyone should've seen coming. Jason was able to do it because he'd been planning the event and Joker put up a good a fight as any skinny madman could. Also, the Lost Days is supposed to be centered on Jason, so I wouldn't really call it favoritism.

But you do have a point with the surprise sex from Talia, I don't understand it myself and am still wondering why Judd chose to throw that in there. Page quotas perhaps?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Shotgun said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Shotgun:

Lost Days was just an arc to show what Jason was up to after he 'came back from the dead' and the training he had before he confronted Bruce. He's supposed to have kicked ass. Just about every vigilante in the DCU kicks ass. Joker's thrashing was something that anyone should've seen coming. Jason was able to do it because he'd been planning the event and Joker put up a good a fight as any skinny madman could. Also, the Lost Days is supposed to be centered on Jason, so I wouldn't really call it favoritism.

But you do have a point with the surprise sex from Talia, I don't understand it myself and am still wondering why Judd chose to throw that in there. Page quotas perhaps?

And yet on the very day Lost Days #6 was released Morrison's Batman and Robin #16 was also published.The former had Joker getting owned in a pathetic fight while the latter had Joker holding Damian hostage,creating his own nuke,burying Doc Hurt alive and killing the entire Black Glove.

Winick had no reason to throw Joker in to the story(a Russian in England told Jason his location in an attempt to save himself and yet he had no clue who Jason was WTF?).

The point is pretty simple,some writers and fans like to see Joker getting his ass kicked by killer vigilantes to satisfy some weird fantasies,Winick had shown Joker getting owned by Jason previously in UTRH.This was completly unnecessary.

Winick simply had no story to tell,he never did outside of UTRH.All he did after that was write lame stories where he pulled things out of his A$$.The last arc in Batman and Robin made that blatantly obvious.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nightwing91

@Shotgun: That's the thing, every apparence by Jason everyone considers bad writing.(Lost Days, Batman and Robin, Countdown, in Nightwing, in Robin and in Battle for the cowl) Jason fan's seem to only want to accept the under the hood arc and lost days as what's defining, while completely disregarding every other writers take on Jason.

And I believe that version is still canon post Flashpoint, most of the Batmythos was left untouched(we assume it's canon until proven otherwise) he still killed two innocent officers anyway you slice it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By daredevil21134

@entropy_aegis said:

@Shotgun said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Shotgun:

And yet on the very day Lost Days #6 was released Morrison's Batman and Robin #16 was also published.The former had Joker getting owned in a pathetic fight while the latter had Joker holding Damian hostage,creating his own nuke,burying Doc Hurt alive and killing the entire Black Glove.

Winick had no reason to throw Joker in to the story(a Russian in England told Jason his location in an attempt to save himself and yet he had no clue who Jason was WTF?).

The point is pretty simple,some writers and fans like to see Joker getting his ass kicked by killer vigilantes to satisfy some weird fantasies,Winick had shown Joker getting owned by Jason previously in UTRH.This was completly unnecessary.

Winick simply had no story to tell,he never did outside of UTRH.All he did after that was write lame stories where he pulled things out of his A$$.The last arc in Batman and Robin made that blatantly obvious.

I loved Lost Days,but everything else I agree on.You are also right because Winick did say Jason wasn't gonna live on after UTRH

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By entropy_aegis

@cody1984: Why are'nt Osborn,Lester and Kingpin dead? Batman's excuse for not killing Joker may be silly but it all comes down to the fact that he has the power to do it but still refrains from doing it.That shows strength of character,what's Jason's excuse? they kill criminals and they had both Joker his mercy and yet he still could'nt get the job done.

It's Batman's morality vs Jason's selfishness,Jason can't do it because he still has'nt come up with a satisfactory way to punish Joker(his own words in a story written by Winick).So Jason's excuse is a lot worse than Batman's.

Rucka is the same guy who wrote No Mans Land,the same story in which Joker killed Sarah Essen and then casually surrendered himself in front of dozens of police officers and Batman.Maybe he should have refrained from writing that and the Joker vs Bane encounter(gotta love how Bane manhandled him and when Joker escaped,Bane was like"should I kill him").

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By daredevil21134

@cody1984 said:

@RainEffect said:

If Batman kills, then his entire character becomes irrelevant. If Batman kills the Joker, then the Joker wins.

That is such a copout. It makes no logical sense for Batman to let Joker live...hell he didn't have to do the deed himself he could've just let others do it instead of interfering saving the Joker which makes Batman look like a complete retard every single time.

@RainEffect said:

Don't you guys see that?

No because its BS.

@RainEffect said:

That is what Jason never understood. Killing is what separates 'us' from 'them'.

Their are so many characters in comics that kill and don't go over to the dark side becoming "evil" from doing so.

@RainEffect said:

Jason doesn't deserve to wear the Bat Symbol if he kills.

I disagree Jason should wear it as a F****** to Batman.

You should come around here more often cody

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.