Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

who else suspects jason todd to be the oldest robin?

• 49 results
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

I mean he freaken had sex with talia al ghul. crazy thing its still in continuety But there are a few problems that come up if he is younger and my solution to it all

1. Something seriously wrong with talia al ghul

2. The new continuety either tells us he might be 1 or 3 year younger then bruce which freaky when you think about it

unless my solution to it all is correct

3.Hes shorter then dick this is comics people not reality

Now my solution to it all is that He really is the oldest robin who was just about as old as bruce with a growth problem and somehow the lazerus pit cured him of that or that whole superboy prime punched as the story goes shatered the very fabric of reality and some how made jason older but I don't think that in continuety anymore

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my universe Jason Todd is a few months or a year and a few months older than Dick. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the continuity for the Nu52. I would actually be happy about it.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lifeofvibe

@m3th: In my world as well...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I don't know how much has changed from the new 52. I didn't mind him being a few years younger than Dick, and I think Talia is messed in the head, although I do know of women who would sleep with people his age.

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat forbidden fruit love

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Pretty sure Dick is still older

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ubersoldier: interesting its comics and all people can think about is how jealous batman would be

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

tjs4759

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is kind of off topic, but does it bother anyone else that they seem to have changed Jason's physical attributes? He was always the more physically dominate one ( bigger, taller, stronger) but now he is shorter than Dick?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjs4759: yeah now that i think about he was much more muscular and taller pre-52 why they changed him i don't know

tjs4759

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: That's what I always thought. He was like 6'2" 210, while Dick was about 5'10" 175 allowing him to be a much more agile fighter while Jason was a more brutal one

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jason only sleeps with Talia towards the very end of Lost Days. He would have been about 18-19 at the time if he was yonger then Dick in new 52.

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel: I agree with you on Jason's age (18-19 at the end of Lost Days), but that does not make the thing with Talia non-squicky as:

a) She's his pseudo-father's baby-momma.

b) There is no way to spin their ages that doesn't violate the standard creepiness rule (1/2 your age plus seven)

c) It's even worse than that when you consider Jason's mental is 3 some odd years less than his chronological age due to his time spent dead/vegetable/non-verbal

So yeah, there is something seriously wrong there, and I'd say it's mostly on Talia.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blueu said:

@denam_pavel:

c) It's even worse than that when you consider Jason's mental is 3 some odd years less than his chronological age due to his time spent dead/vegetable/non-verbal

Well that's the thing, before the reboot that was true, in new 52 he HAD to have been revived almost immediately after his death and Lobdell writes it as such. The whole vegetable period may not have happened at all.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I like to think that Dick and Jason are about the same age. Maybe Dick has a year on him at most. But I don't really see Jason being older.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@tjs4759 said:
    No Caption Provided

This is kind of off topic, but does it bother anyone else that they seem to have changed Jason's physical attributes? He was always the more physically dominate one ( bigger, taller, stronger) but now he is shorter than Dick?

Yea it bothers me a lot that they changed that.He used to be brutally and physically scary.Now he's all skinny and short and wears a freaking Bat symbol on his chest.It's one of the many things I don't like about the new 52

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No by all accounts Jason's still younger than Dick. Why would he not be? However the entire thing with Talia, Pre or Post-Flashpoint, was and always will come off as incredibly weird, sick, and wrong.

@tjs4759 said:
    No Caption Provided

In general, I feel they never do enough to differentiate the Bat-Sons from each other, whether it simply be in terms of costume or overall appearance. Based on official heights (Which of course could've changed after the reboot) Jason should be the tallest of all the Robins, and he should certainly be buffer, which fits with his fighting style, whereas Dick should still be physically fit, but leaner and more agile. Quicker. Though I have to be honest, they've never fully taken the time to keep the appearances consistent in terms of height or body type.

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's the thing, before the reboot that was true, in new 52 he HAD to have been revived almost immediately after his death and Lobdell writes it as such. The whole vegetable period may not have happened at all.

True, but IMHO, that actually makes it more creepy. Talia becomes the adult female figure in his life immediately following the horrible death of/betrayal by his birth mother and his - I'll say separation - from his father figure. It's like the writers said "I'll see your Mrs. Robinson and raise you one Jocasta."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Talia allowed an assassin to murder her son, do you really think banging a teenager would be too immoral for her?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe:

:D I typically think people should interpret fiction in whatever fashion they personally get the most kick out of. I read Jason as younger, but if you want to spin him as older, go for it. Perhaps delayed puberty/short stature due to sever malnutrition resulting from his time on the streets will work with your theory?

But I'm glad we agree on the creepy. Hmm, perhaps we need a "How creepy is it?" poll.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25 god_spawn  Moderator

I fail to see any reason why Jason is secretly older when continuity from both pre-52 and post-52 point at him being younger than Grayson.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: oh I believes he older in any of those continuetys

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I fail to see any reason why Jason is secretly older when continuity from both pre-52 and post-52 point at him being younger than Grayson.

agreed

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@lifeofvibe: He was a child while Dick was already teenager...How does that in any scenario make him older?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. He's not that shorter than Dick.

2. My younger brother is taller than me. Yay Genes.

3. I like the idea of Jason being older it makes sense to me but if he's not I'll settle for being months younger than Dick.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

1. He's not that shorter than Dick.

2. My younger brother is taller than me. Yay Genes.

3. I like the idea of Jason being older it makes sense to me but if he's not I'll settle for being months younger than Dick.

He's actually taller than Dick, and always has been (Talking about after Jason's revival, when both are young adults.) however as others have pointed out, Dick's always been depicted as older. Hell, when he originally took over as Robin, Dick was in college, and Jason was a child. I fail to see how him being older makes sense in any continuity. It'd be like saying it makes sense for Tim Drake to be older than Jason or Dick.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lifeofvibe

@nathaniel_christopher: your a... tim drake fan aren't you? Its that or you believe the smartest robin is the oldest.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lifeofvibe

@god_spawn: okay maybe its not that I suspect him to be older but it would be better it would make the talia al ghul thing less creepy that and it would explain why he was tall or taller the dick grayson pre 52 oh and look above he was never a child in the new 52 its only been 5 years at the most he probably 17 or 18 for his time as robin

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

it would make absolutely zero sense for Jason to be older than Dick....one of the reasons that Dick quit being Robin was because he felt that he outgrew the role so why would Batman then go and choose another person who is older than Dick....also Dick quit when he was somewhere around the age of 18...why would Bruce take on a new ward who is older than that?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lifeofvibe

@danhimself: I just told you growth probablem if its some 18 year old boy who still looks and acts like a kid I'm pretty sure batmans willing to put him as his sidekick

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe said:

@nathaniel_christopher: your a... tim drake fan aren't you?

That's a weird thing to zero in on but Pre-Flashpoint yes, Post-Flashpoint no. However i'm fans of all the Robin's to varying degrees. When they're written at their best it goes in perfect order Dick>Jason>Tim>Damian.

And to your above point Dick and Jason aren't even blood related. They're not swimming around in the same gene pool, so really one being taller than the other is just circumstance, like one of your friends being taller than you. Some people have genes that will give them greater height, some have genes that will give them lesser height. It happens every day.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lifeofvibe

@nathaniel_christopher: I mentioned this in the op this is comics not reality so in comics if your taller your older though I can't verify who concluded that but I can say most people believe that including me

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick is older always has been and always will be

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe said:

@nathaniel_christopher: I mentioned this in the op this is comics not reality so in comics if your taller your older though I can't verify who concluded that but I can say most people believe that including me

Uhhh, no. That's not some written rule that all people follow. That's something you're deciding, (Which is why you can't verify it) and I think it's a little silly. As I pointed out, Pre-Flashpoint it was canon that Jason was taller than Dick. It was also canon, time and again, that he was younger than Dick. And the same trend seems to be running Post-Flashpoint as well.

Not sure how you believe you can speak for" most people" lol silly.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I just told you growth probablem if its some 18 year old boy who still looks and acts like a kid I'm pretty sure batmans willing to put him as his sidekick

doesn't matter....Jason was a kid when Bruce took him in....Dick was already at least 18 and leading the Teen Titans at that point....you're making up a theory where there shouldn't be a theory at all...the writers have said for 30 years that Jason is younger than Dick...there's no debating it...it's fact

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: fine then I'll make a poll and if it turns out I'm right and we can continue are arguement okay?1

I really don't think that's necessary. "Most people" is a phrase that has to be applied to the majority of comic readers. Now i'm no genius, but just based on the activity on this site, i'm pretty confident that a large percentage of comic readers don't visit the Jason Todd forum.

You're free to believe that if you want. I again just find it a little silly when you take into account, that it was shown time and again, on panel, that despite Jason growing up to be taller, Dick was still older.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lifeofvibe

@danhimself: if what you believe is true then jasons only 16 right now which I'm pretty sure is not true and its not fact unless dc comics say it them self

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: if what you believe is true then jasons only 16 right now which I'm pretty sure is not true and its not fact unless dc comics says it them self

DC screwed the Batman continuity to he!! with the New 52...none of it makes sense anymore...it's best to believe that the reboot never happened when it comes to the Batfamily books

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lifeofvibe

@nathaniel_christopher: he not taller I already know that and I'm pretty sure he's at least one year younger then dick which all goes back to how creepy lost day is still in continuety because who knows How old dick what's you best guess 22? 21? 20? Answer so I can continue on what I was about to tell you

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe said:

@nathaniel_christopher: he not taller I already know that and I'm pretty sure he's at least one year younger then dick which all goes back to how creepy lost day is still in continuety because who knows How old dick what's you best guess 22? 21? 20? Answer so I can continue on what I was about to tell you

Jason Todd's canon height is 6' 0''. Dick Grayson's canon height is 5' 10''. So yes, Jason Todd is canonically taller than Dick Grayson. Another poster and I both noted this above a while back. He's also canonically younger than Dick, despite being taller.

I already stated earlier that I agree that Lost Day's is extremely creepy.

Dick's around 21 by my estimate.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lifeofvibe

@nathaniel_christopher: then that makes jason 20 and talia al ghul 30 just...... screw you dc why can't I ignore new continuety because of that small fact the jason todd HAD SEX WITH TALIA AL GHUL AND AND THAT ITS STILL IN CONTINUETY! I can't ignore that for 2 reasons

1. Jason giving batman the middle finger wich I love

2. Even thought I loved It always have keep thinking on how old jason was that's why I cant stop thinking that hes the oldest but if you can't or don't want to believe that this arguement is meaningless so I give up on trying to convince you

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: then that makes jason 20 and talia al ghul 30 just...... screw you dc why can't I ignore new continuety because of that small fact the jason todd HAD SEX WITH TALIA AL GHUL AND AND THAT ITS STILL IN CONTINUETY! I can't ignore that for 2 reasons

1. Jason giving batman the middle finger wich I love

2. Even thought I loved It always have keep thinking on how old jason was that's why I cant stop thinking that hes the oldest but if you can't or don't want to believe that this arguement is meaningless so I give up on trying to convince you

I mean, you're not going to convince me to disregard canon lol again if it makes you feel better about Jason sleeping with Talia to imagine him as being older that's cool.

blueU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I think we officially need a creepiness poll. Off to make one.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Talia is what they call a cougar

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.