Who do you think will be the fourth member to join the outlaws?

• 71 results
#51 Posted by fodigg (6211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grifter21 said:
@fodigg said:
@Grifter21 said:
How about just give Jason his own title, he's not a team-guy. He's fully capable with the right writer to be able to carry his own book without a ballcap wearing druggie and Dick's ex.
Well, if we haven't seen it before, isn't that a point in favor of a team dynamic?
Fine then, but don't put him on a team with iconic team characters.
But...isn't that even more extreme of a shift than putting him with people who are unproven in a team dynamic? I think trying him on a team book as the singular variable in the team formula is a good approach.
#52 Posted by PrinceIMC (5505 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero said:
@PrinceIMC: Here's a few I could find, some are villains though.
Archer
Plastique
Dark Crow 
Doc Barden 
Sparx 
Flying Fox 
Freight Train
Wow I hadn't heard of any of those, but most of them are terrible stereotypes. Sparx and Freight Train seem okay. Archer and Doc Barden are just canadian characters not really heroes are villains right?
#53 Posted by junkmasterzero (263 posts) - - Show Bio
@theincrediblezero: I'm not sure I know what that means. 
@PrinceIMC: Yep, a couple are just "people", I actually like the Dark Crow character, he's fairly new, I'm pretty sure he's also Native American, which is also fairly rare in the DCU, although I could probably name more of them than I could Canadians off the top of my head.  I also for some reason always thought Flying Fox was Australian, I'm not sure why. 
#54 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (16235 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero said:
@theincrediblezero: I'm not sure I know what that means. 
@PrinceIMC: Yep, a couple are just "people", I actually like the Dark Crow character, he's fairly new, I'm pretty sure he's also Native American, which is also fairly rare in the DCU, although I could probably name more of them than I could Canadians off the top of my head.  I also for some reason always thought Flying Fox was Australian, I'm not sure why. 
Worst i am sure there is only one mexican character on DC.
#55 Edited by Rabbit_May_Cry (312 posts) - - Show Bio
@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

didnt realize it but i have been reading that darcstrom forum for like an hour now

That stuff was YEARS ago. My drawin' skills have skyrocketed since then. Want somethin' funny to read?...Here...
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/cause-its-funny/618271/

HIGHlarious...Hahaa...
#56 Posted by daredevil21134 (14255 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmmm

#57 Posted by junkmasterzero (263 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: Here's a few.
#58 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (16235 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: Here's a few.
Cmon those were latinos in general, also i notice there is more orange people on DC that freacking latinos. 
Also most of them were like villains.
#59 Posted by junkmasterzero (263 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: Yea I know, but it's hard to find just "Mexican", if you know what I mean.  If it makes you feel better I think there aren't that many Irish people either, without being some sort of stereotype.  You get some people like Matt O'Dare but then others like Silver Banshee
#60 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
Wasn't Aztec Mexican?

Kyle Rayner is half Mexican half Irish. There you go both of you get satisfied.
#61 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (16235 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
Wasn't Aztec Mexican?  Kyle Rayner is half Mexican half Irish. There you go both of you get satisfied.
Half also, i want mexican that lived on Mexico, i think that the only Mexican that i cuold think it lived in Mexico was Rictor from Marvel and that is sad. 
@junkmasterzero: But we have a millions of gays and black people, i am getting sick that for comic book people, only black and gays count, i mean why not to have a heterosexual mexican over a black lesbian, i mean i am sure there is more black lesbians that mexicans on DC.
#62 Posted by junkmasterzero (263 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar

Kyle Rayner is half Mexican half Irish. There you go both of you get satisfied.

Nice. 

As far as Aztek is concerned he doesn't look like it.
#63 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
I never understood people's obsession with having a hero from a certain race.  Anyway, you're not going to have a Mexican hero in Mexico, because Mexicans who live in Mexico aren't the target audience for Marvel and DC.  It's like sorta asking why there are so many Japanese heroes in Manga.
#64 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (16235 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
I never understood people's obsession with having a hero from a certain race.  Anyway, you're not going to have a Mexican hero in Mexico, because Mexicans who live in Mexico aren't the target audience for Marvel and DC.  It's like sorta asking why there are so many Japanese heroes in Manga.
Dude, the same could be said about gay people, but you say millions and millions of gay characters on comics. 
Also you could see there is a bunch of japanese heroes on western comic books and a bunch of white people on manga. 
#65 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@TheCrowbar said:
Dude, the same could be said about gay people, but you say millions and millions of gay characters on comics. Also you could see there is a bunch of japanese heroes on western comic books and a bunch of white people on manga. 
Again target audiences. Both Japan and the US have a long history of consuming this media form, Mexico and other countries don't. And as for the "millions and millions of gay characters on comics" from my own personal experience I don't know a gay guy that doesn't love Dick. Okay that's a bit on the nose, but again, Gay American, and Gay Japanese, they're still within the target audience, culturally they're more similar to a Hetro American and Japanese than other countries.
#66 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (16235 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@TheCrowbar: Sorry but i cant belive gays are a bigger target that latinos, Mexico buyed more comic book during the 60s,70s and 80s  La Prensa from Mexico maked their own Marvel stories, they asked to Marvel if it was ok if they did their own stories with the characters. 
Actually they only did spiderman stories if i remember well. 
http://laleyendadesw.mforos.com/1144270/7573344-historias-aracnidas-creadas-en-mexico/
Yep, in the 90's there was an attempt to revive Mexican interest in comics, and while political satire and black and white does well. Comic book hero comics died rather quickly. The best chance for a Mexican hero is to petition a Mexican publisher to do it. The American Comicbook industry is worth just shy of 500 million USD, it's not large enough or in a stable enough condition to try what they did in the 90's again.
#68 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (16235 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@TheCrowbar: Sorry but i cant belive gays are a bigger target that latinos, Mexico buyed more comic book during the 60s,70s and 80s  La Prensa from Mexico maked their own Marvel stories, they asked to Marvel if it was ok if they did their own stories with the characters. 
http://laleyendadesw.mforos.com/1144270/7573344-historias-aracnidas-creadas-en-mexico/
Yep, in the 90's there was an attempt to revive Mexican interest in comics, and while political satire and black and white does well. Comic book hero comics died rather quickly. The best chance for a Mexican hero is to petition a Mexican publisher to do it. The American Comicbook industry is worth just shy of 500 million USD, it's not large enough or in a stable enough condition to try what they did in the 90's again.
Manga taked that risk and is huge here, i am mexican living in mexico i remember that during 90s comic books were expensive as hell and that killed the industry, but even today comic book market is bigger that most of people think it is.
#69 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@TheCrowbar said:
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Manga taked that risk and is huge here, i am mexican living in mexico i remember that during 90s comic books were expensive as hell and that killed the industry, but even today comic book market is bigger that most of people think it is.
Again, there was already an infrastructure established by Marvel and DC and their predecessors. And no the comic book industry is smaller than it was in the 90's and early 2000's, it's too much of a risk to attempt to go into a failed market and attempt to revive it again.

The industry has been shrinking year after year. 2011 is set to see the largest shrinkage at 7.5%
#70 Posted by Roldan (243 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
I'm hoping it's Aqualad....and they give him a haircut.
He should go with the Young Justicehaircut.
#71 Posted by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.