Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Where is he going at this point?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

A)He get into a vigilante with weapons and a weird code of honor, not a heroe, but not a villain.
    B)He gets back at the Batfamily like the bad son, he is still very angry, he dont kill, still he get more dark and bloody that Batman.
    C)He gets screwed like the Punisher.
    I am sick and Tired that Dc tries to make hima Punisher/Solo/Batman, i liked more him when i feel him as a Batman/Vigilante/Deathstroke.
    Why does every Vigilante that uses guns ands screwed?
    Because Marvel and Dc decide to make them Frank Castles.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134

I'm not sure yet

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

If I was writing him I'd have him hit rock bottom completely then he'd have this moment of clarity like an alcoholic when he realizes he has a problem then he'd go on a path of redemption, and eventually have him do something  big that makes even Batman see him as a hero again 

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @joshmightbe said:
    If I was writing him I'd have him hit rock bottom completely then he'd have this moment of clarity like an alcoholic when he realizes he has a problem then he'd go on a path of redemption, and eventually have him do something  big that makes even Batman see him as a hero again 
    I like that, still i dont want him to lose his look and that he is to violent.
    I think he could be a Batfamily member, but still be a very violent angry guy, also he could get guns with not letal bullet like in XXX with Vin Diesel.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @joshmightbe said:
    Cool
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By jrock85
    @joshmightbe said:
    I really hope DC comics sees this post. LOL
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daredevil21134

He already hit Rock Bottom in Batman & Robin lol @jrock85

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedHoodsDen

What the hell is redemption? Screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!" when Captain Nazi gets dropped like the other simps in spandex?  Bruce is boring, his kids are boring, his extended international fascist party is boring.  We beat the the devil, and all that's left is the Mickey Mouse Club for Grant Morrison. 

Vigilante who kills. Different City. 

Jason graduated from the world of cartoon hero morality back in 1989. Paid for in his own blood. You can't go home again. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe
    @RedHoodsDen: I wasn't saying turn him back into Robin or even put him back in the Bat family just make him more than a whiny step child with a gun
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedHoodsDen

His own series is what's needed then. Away from the others.

Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meinos Kaen
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    His own series is what's needed then. Away from the others.
    Hmm... On this, I don't agree. Own series yeah, but away from the others? No way. The biggest fun is when he clashes with them and their morality and disaster ensues. Well, the problem is that it's almost always ended in bigger disaster for him, Winick non-withstanding.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    What the hell is redemption? Screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!" when Captain Nazi gets dropped like the other simps in spandex?  Bruce is boring, his kids are boring, his extended international fascist party is boring.  We beat the the devil, and all that's left is the Mickey Mouse Club for Grant Morrison.  Vigilante who kills. Different City.  Jason graduated from the world of cartoon hero morality back in 1989. Paid for in his own blood. You can't go home again. 
    true
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sydpart2

idk man, I know I'm kind of in the minority but I liked what Morrison did with him, doing the same thing as the heroes but with a lethal twist to show them his way works better, now sure that led to Flamingo but if Jason didn't get so hot headed about Dick I think he could have won that...

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodsDen

It more than led to Flamingo, arguably it brought metas from the Society to Gotham in Under The Hood to kill Jason. More reason Morrison's story was redundant. 

And of course he has to be away from the others, because the obvious lesson is Batman would always stop Jason. Not much of a series that way.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason need to keep in gotham or if not keep with another character that conect him with Batman.
    I am sure he could go to live to another city, but i mean, he and Batman have a relationship to big to explore, another thing, batman cant be at all places at the same time, is easy to explain why batman dont stop him.
    Jason find a way to avoid Batman as much as posible.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist
    @joshmightbe: I know right that would be awesomem
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the new whole Outlaws thing, where is he going now?
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By daredevil21134

We will see

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By fodigg

I'd like him to remain as a typical, gun-toting anti-hero. Like the opposite of Deadshot, who I view more as an anti-villain. He should be at odds with the Bat-family but not a true villain himself.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

I'd like him to remain as a typical, gun-toting anti-hero. Like the opposite of Deadshot, who I view more as an anti-villain. He should be at odds with the Bat-family but not a true villain himself.

To be honest i think of Jason more like a Byronic Hero that an Anti Hero, i see him more heroic that the Punisher or even 80s Wolverine.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daredevil21134

Red Hood and the Outlaws rocked by the way

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By fodigg

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@fodigg said:

To be honest i think of Jason more like a Byronic Hero that an Anti Hero, i see him more heroic that the Punisher or even 80s Wolverine.

You're probably right, but then I think a lot of modern use of the term "anti-hero" is used for the typical byronic hero: an idealized protagonist, but jaded, disrespectful, and lacking integrity. A true anti-hero is more like a Falstaff. I'm not trying to defend this misuse, I'm just saying it's common.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Is like Litterrally, i mean is so hard to understand that the word means, it did happened?

I just hope Jason keeps his porsonallity and nothing weird happens to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.