Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

What if Jason becomes the next Joker?

• 131 results
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By SmoothJammin

For some reason I think Dick because of all the blows to the back of the head/brain damage he's taken throughout his costumed career(Battered by two-face as Robin, clubbed in the dome multiple times in Nightwing series, Gunshot to the skull in B&R, Drugs inhaled in Imposters storyline and the Black Mirror)is more likely to develop dementia and warp him into an even nuttier, twisted version of the quippy boy wonder we once knew. Jason is impulsive sometimes but insane sociopath he is not.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hazlenaut said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: a @#%$% no one liked him in the past. DC try to give him a second chance but it most likely to ruin it. he is difficult to be made likeble character.

The same could be said about Charlie Sheen, but the guy is loved for being alcoholic prostitute user drug user mind rapist ahole, also Jason is a better character that most of crappy antiheroes.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would have rather Jason become that than what looks like he's on a path of redemption while getting away from his past.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:

I would have rather Jason become that than what looks like he's on a path of redemption while getting away from his past.

Do you wnat Jason keep at being a maniac killer?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By DEGRAAF

@DeathpooltheT1000: yes, but a maniac killer with a plan. I dont think he has ever been better than he was during Battle for the Cowl. That seemed like the right path for him. He is against evil and villains but he is all for killing and crippling them to make sure they dont do it again

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF: Still that explain he is not chaos like the Joker, the guys haves a mind and Batman did help Jason.

So i am not sure he could go insane and kill everybody.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By DEGRAAF

@DeathpooltheT1000: i still think he could bc he is willing to kill anyone without remorse (or at least he used to be willing too) so i dont think it's that far over the edge to get where Joker is... your probably right though the path i described would take him more towards what Ra's Al Ghul stands for since he believes he has to destroy people and places to ultimately fix them while the joker just does thing for no reason at all and just likes to watch the world burn

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: i still think he could bc he is willing to kill anyone without remorse (or at least he used to be willing too) so i dont think it's that far over the edge to get where Joker is... your probably right though the path i described would take him more towards what Ra's Al Ghul stands for since he believes he has to destroy people and places to ultimately fix them while the joker just does thing for no reason at all and just likes to watch the world burn

And to be honest, the only reason why people think Jason can go crazier is because of the Red Hair Jason thing.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DEGRAAF

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

And to be honest, the only reason why people think Jason can go crazier is because of the Red Hair Jason thing.

red hair Jason?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

red hair Jason?

Morrison decide that Jason was a Red Hair.

So i call him Red Hair Jason and to be honest, my theory is that he is not this dimension Jason Todd, he is another dimension Jason Todd but he belives that he and Black Hair Jason are the same guy.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DEGRAAF

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

So i call him Red Hair Jason and to be honest, my theory is that he is not this dimension Jason Todd, he is another dimension Jason Todd but he believes that he and Black Hair Jason are the same guy.

lol interesting theory. I liked the way red hair Jason looked though. He had a body physic similar to Bruces. I thought he was pretty bad ass towards the end of the old DCU. I just hated his costume and even that was (very slowly) growing on me

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

So i call him Red Hair Jason and to be honest, my theory is that he is not this dimension Jason Todd, he is another dimension Jason Todd but he believes that he and Black Hair Jason are the same guy.

lol interesting theory. I liked the way red hair Jason looked though. He had a body physic similar to Bruces. I thought he was pretty bad ass towards the end of the old DCU. I just hated his costume and even that was (very slowly) growing on me

Well it would work greatly if the both Jason things is real.

I mean just think, who is the worst enemy of Jason?

Jason.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By Ganthetsward20

sometimes the guy can be a little off the rocker, but he;s a hero. I could see him possibly takeing the joker persona and maybe making it a good thing, but youd never see him team up with Bats and I cant be for sure, but why would i take the mantle of the joker, the guy who killed me, other then to piss of Batman. If they kill of the koker and did that to his charachter i would be sorta piss and not read another Batman comic...for reals. The more i think of it this makes me mad. It'll never happen.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Well I do not think Jason would ever be the next Joker because they are on two different level of villain. But I think he could be the next Ra's Al Gaul and that would be a cool twist to his story.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

If he does can i be the new Jason ;D

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCheeseStabber said:

If he does can i be the new Jason ;D

Yeah, why can no one be his own character? why there is the need of a new Batman? Dick failed, that shows that Bruce is the only Batman.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

This is all I have to say

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'd read it
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#119  Edited By daredevil21134

What if this thread got locked?

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By luckydomino1

although it was make a good story i dont see it happening jason hates criminals he hates joker he hates what criminals do hes gonna continue to kill them not join their ranks

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#121  Edited By entropy_aegis

@luckydomino1 said:

although it was make a good story i dont see it happening jason hates criminals he hates joker he hates what criminals do hes gonna continue to kill them not join their ranks

You're saying this as if Joker wanted to be Joker.If Jason goes off the deep end then he'll be Joker 2.0 and in a way that's a bigger victory for the clown then cracking his head open.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Aero_gt

Whatever make Jason todd a more interesting char, cus the new Outlaws(edit.) only good thing is Starfire's "assets."

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@DeathpooltheT1000:

LOL.

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Croaker

No one will be the next Joker until the last one is dead. And he isn't going to die. But it's clear they're drawing parallels between them. He is definitely becoming Dick's arch enemy, as they are the same in every way, except that Jason kills. But he isn't beyond redemption. Yet, anyway.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like i have said in the past, this is godamn awful idea.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By luckydomino1

jason:hey why dont i go against everything i have done killing criminals and why dont i become a villian and go crazy stealing what ever i want and killing people like a maniac commiting mass murder of innocent people. ........ sorry to burst your bubble but this is ridiculous joker a crazed criminal killed jason it drove him to crazy gave him rage to kill criminals he thinks that villians can not change and the only way to end crime is by putting them down

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#127  Edited By entropy_aegis

@luckydomino1 said:

jason:hey why dont i go against everything i have done killing criminals and why dont i become a villian and go crazy stealing what ever i want and killing people like a maniac commiting mass murder of innocent people. ........ sorry to burst your bubble but this is ridiculous joker a crazed criminal killed jason it drove him to crazy gave him rage to kill criminals he thinks that villians can not change and the only way to end crime is by putting them down

Jason already wen't against everything he believed in,Joker pushed him down that path.If the clown wants to do it again then he very well can even it means his own death,to him that will be the best joke ever.It's not as simple as you seem to think,killing criminals does'nt really mean anything.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#128  Edited By daredevil21134

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Like i have said in the past, this is godamn awful idea.

agreed

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By luckydomino1

@entropy_aegis: i dont see this happening iand i would really hate if they pushed his character from antihero to villian but again i would make a great story like you said joker who push jason towards criminal activity by giving up his own life and passing the torch to jason. jason would not be joker but continue on as redhhod or he would take up the persona as joker which ever you like

Avatar image for rorschachsidekick1
    Rorschachsidekick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um hello, jason hates the joker! A whole story arc was about how much he wants the joker dead. For what reason would he become like the psycho who KILLED him? I mean, sure they both have a rivalry toward batman, and had a Red Hood identity, but that doesn't mean he'll become the joker. In fact, the red hood identity itself is proof he won't become like him. He picked the identity as a mockery towards batman. The whole 'donning the image of what you fear, to strike fear in others' thing. Bruce was afraid of bats, donned the batman image. Jason wanted to take an image to match his fear of his killer. Obviously he couldn't just copy joker costume and all. That would just insulting to his own death. No, jason chose to take on joker's former identity, for it seperates his identity from the joker's own. The red hood was a recycled identity by the joker's time, and jason took it and made it his own.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would find you and shoot you in the asshole.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.