Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

The Hair

Avatar image for theincrediblezero
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theincrediblezero

All right, this has been pissing me off. I hope one of you fine gentlemen could help me out here.

What happened with his hair? In Morrison's run on Batman and Robin, Jason states that he's had a white streak in his hair since he returned from the Lazarus Pit. It is no where to be seen in Lost Days. He also says the Bruce made him dye his hair. Again, no reference in Lost Days. If he's evading the Bat, wouldn't he stop dying the hair?

Also, why no Red Hood series? DC needs a Punisher. Jason can fill that role perfectly. So long as all of his mis-characterizations in Battle for the Cowl and Batman and Robin are ignored.

All right, thanks for reading
    --D

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rudyftw

Battle for the cowl, murderd him...... I'm not sure Todd can recover from that kind of slander.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By daredevil21134

I hate to say it but you might be right
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @theincrediblezero said:
    "All right, this has been pissing me off. I hope one of you fine gentlemen could help me out here.What happened with his hair? In Morrison's run on Batman and Robin, Jason states that he's had a white streak in his hair since he returned from the Lazarus Pit. It is no where to be seen in Lost Days. He also says the Bruce made him dye his hair. Again, no reference in Lost Days. If he's evading the Bat, wouldn't he stop dying the hair?Also, why no Red Hood series? DC needs a Punisher. Jason can fill that role perfectly. So long as all of his mis-characterizations in Battle for the Cowl and Batman and Robin are ignored.All right, thanks for reading--D "

I'm very strongly resisting the urge to clear a few points,but as they say moving on now.
    @Rudyftw said:

"Battle for the cowl, murderd him...... I'm not sure Todd can recover from that kind of slander. "

He's already recovered,points to Lost Days.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @theincrediblezero said:
    "All right, this has been pissing me off. I hope one of you fine gentlemen could help me out here.What happened with his hair? In Morrison's run on Batman and Robin, Jason states that he's had a white streak in his hair since he returned from the Lazarus Pit. It is no where to be seen in Lost Days. He also says the Bruce made him dye his hair. Again, no reference in Lost Days. If he's evading the Bat, wouldn't he stop dying the hair?Also, why no Red Hood series? DC needs a Punisher. Jason can fill that role perfectly. So long as all of his mis-characterizations in Battle for the Cowl and Batman and Robin are ignored.All right, thanks for reading--D "

I'm very strongly resisting the urge to clear a few points,but as they say moving on now.
    @Rudyftw said:

"Battle for the cowl, murderd him...... I'm not sure Todd can recover from that kind of slander. "
    He's already recovered,points to Lost Days. "
    Thank you for resisting
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @entropy_aegis:  Well I wanna know what your points were. Lol.

@theincrediblezero:
      He was a red head when they first created him and then Bruce had him dye it so that he looked like Dick as Robin. Then Crisis came and they changed his hair to black and left it that way until he died. Then he was brought back with black hair and a white streak in Hush. Then in Under the Hood he had black hair and in Lost Days as well. It wasn't until Morrison wrote him in BnR that he went back to having the red hair.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @entropy_aegis:  Well I wanna know what your points were. Lol.

@theincrediblezero:
      He was a red head when they first created him and then Bruce had him dye it so that he looked like Dick as Robin. Then Crisis came and they changed his hair to black and left it that way until he died. Then he was brought back with black hair and a white streak in Hush. Then in Under the Hood he had black hair and in Lost Days as well. It wasn't until Morrison wrote him in BnR that he went back to having the red hair. "

I'll pass.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedHoodJT

Just PM me. I'm not gonna argue with you about it. I seriously wanna know. Every time you or Redhoodsden says something I get a bit more enlightened to things. I swear I will not get pissed.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ReverseNegative

This is just Grant Morrison being a dick about Red Hood. He just made continuity changes that were not possible and did not make sense.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodJT said:
    "Just PM me. I'm not gonna argue with you about it. I seriously wanna know. Every time you or Redhoodsden says something I get a bit more enlightened to things. I swear I will not get pissed. "

Eh it's just about inconsistencies in Jason's character which existed even before Morrison wrote him.Genetic mutation for starters,Grant is the only writer who' acknowledged him as the Red Hood.Others have just written him as ex-robin,Nightwing,Batman etc.Had Jason had a consistent portrayal for years only for Morrison to give his own changes then i'll admit he'd have been wrong but that is'nt the case here.
    @ReverseNegative said:

"This is just Grant Morrison being a dick about Red Hood. He just made continuity changes that were not possible and did not make sense. "

HAHAHAHA.This is EXACTLY how i feel about Winick and Lost Days.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

sigh

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Judd's biggest problems are that he doesn't do his research and that he often gives editorial what they ask for exactly as they ask for it. I'll be honest. I don't think Superman would be upset over Grayson being Batman. I also don't think Judd thinks he would. But I think editorial came up with that one on a dartboard and he delivered it. Same as "hey wouldn't it be a great idea if we could use the Shazam! logo as the actual caped hero's name finally....what if we switched positions on everyone in the Marvel fam...so we could...?Give it to Winick! He'll do it" I really do picture that. Maybe it's just a case of you do what your boss tells you. Maybe the guy just knows who butters the bread. But I think tying Jason's resurrection into Infinite Crisis was something you fight, not agree to, like everybody else fought to not kill Grayson back then. It's why it seems like Judd's gonna be writing Grant's Red Hood rather than his own, though I'd like to think some hat trick will be pulled at the end of this thing.
    I also think his knowledge of Jason is limited to probably the trade paperback copy of A Death In The Family. That needs to change. I'd always made connections with some of the moves Winick made with Jason as being tied to the past, even if he didn't. I always wondered if he knew Jason's stepmother was a drug addict when he had Red Hood scooping up the drug trade. It made me wonder where that money was going and why. He needs to delve into things like "The Diplomat's Son" and how that shaped Jason. We haven't even had a true narrative from Jason on his mother's betrayal. And yet, I know I'm also trying to come up with a good answer as to why Ra's is supposed to be dead in Lost Days, and while something plausible can probably be given as a answer, it also hasn't. At least not by the writer. Also, there are things pre-crisis that probably should be used to be build a supporting cast---people like Bullock, Nocturna, even Jason's girlfriend Rena, these are things that could be shaped to the post-crisis incarnation that fits.Morrison did point to that era, but superficially, cheaply, because Morrison's take is geared towards a brief spotlight introspection not something that can work long term very well. The thing he did work out, which I respect more than I did at the time, was Flamingo, and what he is, a villain who is just too damn hard to kill for the vigilante who does kill. Silent, deadly, almost supernatural, whom Jason can yell "Shoot me! I'll come back!" to, as if he Jason is Wiley E. Coyote [Again, there's a lot Animal Man-esque stuff in that arc]. What do you give the guy who's willing to kill? You pit him against assassins better than him, metahumans, literal monsters, and enough random scumbags who also have enough personality that sometimes the story is about them and Red Hood is just there.

Winick needs to do that. He needs to take full possession of Jason. It's time.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @entropy_aegis:  Its very true. He has always been that way. Winick kept Jason pretty much the same. And I will give Morrison credit for making Jason what he thought the Red Hood should be. But in my opinion Winick wrote him the best. He wasn't a copy of Robin or Nightwing or anything like that. He was Jason Todd. The new Red Hood and Bruce's biggest failure. And Morrison took that and ran with it. Lol. But he didn't have to bring back the red hair that is the only thing I didn't like.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen:  Its true. I agree with you 100%.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I ever tell you boys that in some way I blame myself for balding Jason?

Years ago I was quoted [and fuck you if you don't believe me, the DCO deletes its posts too much to prove it now] in an Associated Press article on the new Batwoman:
    The outing of Batwoman created a furor of opinions on Web sites devoted to DC Comics. Opinions ranged from outrage to approval. Others took a more tongue-in-cheek approach to the announcement.

“Wouldn't ugly people as heroes be more groundbreaking?” asked one poster. “You know, 200-pound woman, man with horseshoe hair loss pattern, people with cold sores, etc.?”

Perhaps BnR #4 should've come with a "We listened!" sticker. But then I remind myself of how they proudly tout "he's a villain" and I realize all the physical stuff is just typical villain characteristics...which still sorta proves they're not terribly forward thinking anyway.

But then...neither am I. Heh.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " Judd's biggest problems are that he doesn't do his research and that he often gives editorial what they ask for exactly as they ask for it. I'll be honest. I don't think Superman would be upset over Grayson being Batman. I also don't think Judd thinks he would. But I think editorial came up with that one on a dartboard and he delivered it. Same as "hey wouldn't it be a great idea if we could use the Shazam! logo as the actual caped hero's name finally....what if we switched positions on everyone in the Marvel fam...so we could...?Give it to Winick! He'll do it" I really do picture that. Maybe it's just a case of you do what your boss tells you. Maybe the guy just knows who butters the bread. But I think tying Jason's resurrection into Infinite Crisis was something you fight, not agree to, like everybody else fought to not kill Grayson back then. It's why it seems like Judd's gonna be writing Grant's Red Hood rather than his own, though I'd like to think some hat trick will be pulled at the end of this thing.
    I also think his knowledge of Jason is limited to probably the trade paperback copy of A Death In The Family. That needs to change. I'd always made connections with some of the moves Winick made with Jason as being tied to the past, even if he didn't. I always wondered if he knew Jason's stepmother was a drug addict when he had Red Hood scooping up the drug trade. It made me wonder where that money was going and why. He needs to delve into things like "The Diplomat's Son" and how that shaped Jason. We haven't even had a true narrative from Jason on his mother's betrayal. And yet, I know I'm also trying to come up with a good answer as to why Ra's is supposed to be dead in Lost Days, and while something plausible can probably be given as a answer, it also hasn't. At least not by the writer. Also, there are things pre-crisis that probably should be used to be build a supporting cast---people like Bullock, Nocturna, even Jason's girlfriend Rena, these are things that could be shaped to the post-crisis incarnation that fits.Morrison did point to that era, but superficially, cheaply, because Morrison's take is geared towards a brief spotlight introspection not something that can work long term very well. The thing he did work out, which I respect more than I did at the time, was Flamingo, and what he is, a villain who is just too damn hard to kill for the vigilante who does kill. Silent, deadly, almost supernatural, whom Jason can yell "Shoot me! I'll come back!" to, as if he Jason is Wiley E. Coyote [Again, there's a lot Animal Man-esque stuff in that arc]. What do you give the guy who's willing to kill? You pit him against assassins better than him, metahumans, literal monsters, and enough random scumbags who also have enough personality that sometimes the story is about them and Red Hood is just there. Winick needs to do that. He needs to take full possession of Jason. It's time. "
    AMEN BROTHA.I also think it was cool that Morrison brought up Jason involvement in countdown.I always like the Nocturna Jason relationship and Rena was cool too,maybe you should write Jason lol Scott Synder just expressed major interest to write Jason
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedHoodsDen
    @daredevil21134 said: 
    AMEN BROTHA.I also think it was cool that Morrison brought up Jason involvement in countdown.I always like the Nocturna Jason relationship and Rena was cool too,maybe you should write Jason lol Scott Synder just expressed major interest to write Jason "
    LINK!
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:

" @daredevil21134 said: 

AMEN BROTHA.I also think it was cool that Morrison brought up Jason involvement in countdown.I always like the Nocturna Jason relationship and Rena was cool too,maybe you should write Jason lol Scott Synder just expressed major interest to write Jason "
    LINK! "
    http://multiversitycomics.podomatic.com/entry/eg/2011-04-03T21_00_25-07_00    i think they begin to talk about Jason at the 35 min mark but the whole interview is interesting
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

So  does anyone actually think he will go back to black hair?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.