Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Some Thoughts on Red Hood and the Outlaws

• 63 results
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Meinos Kaen
    @RedHoodsDen said:

@Ultimate_Nighthunter said:

@RedHoodsDen said:

Oh God, don't kid yourself. Judd's way higher profile than Lobdell, Nighthunter. It's a goddamn travesty Winick didn't get a Red Hood title. On top of everything else the sheer fact Babs is walking, Bat-wing has a title, and Winick is not writing Jason Todd makes me believe the entire new DCU is still part of Flashpoint. To not give him JLI and Red Hood is a joke.   I'm totally serious, part of me is waiting for them to go "Oh, the Crisis doesn't end with Flashpoint #5..."  This literally seems like creative freeballing month. 
    lol I'm the one saying Winick is higher profile than Lobdell. I agree that Winick not getting JLI and Red Hood is  a joke
    Damn well direct that at the other one then. 
    I'm just saying that Lobdell is high profile too, and he did some wonderful things with Team Books. Just because it happened years ago doesn't diminish the merit. Also, think about it like this. Winick has brought Jason back but he has stated more and more times that while Jason may be on the line, 'in doubt, he does evil'. He brought him back awesome, badass, snarky, but as a villain. I mean, he has always stated that Jason is great because of what he does to Batman and the others but as Lo' put it
    "Red Hood and the Outlaws is the story of the redemptive power of friendship. Aside from a clearly dysfunctional relationship with Scarlet, Jason hasn't spent a panel since his return as Red Hood interacting with anyone that didn't fuel his overwhelming obsession to punish Batman or Joker or both or sometimes neither. That can't be healthy for the guy."

Judd is one of the best Batman Writers, but the only way for Jason to get better is to spend time away from people and places that keep on reminding him of his past. So, I welcome Lobdell. Also, if we always need Winick to write Jason for us, there's no way Jayz is going to become more popular.

Regarding the book itself, we can read what Lo' said in his interview and go from there. It says that Jason had quit as the Hood but unwillingly has to come back and lead the team comprising of the other two. I guess it's a crisis, some kind of crime that he just can't ignore in which resolution Roy gets involved and that's how they team up. Starfire may have a similar introduction.

Regarding the dynamics between the three of them, let's read here: "He would never admit to having actual friends, no, but it is clear he sees a lot of himself in Roy and is in awe at Kori's ability to have escaped the shackles of her past in a way he never has... in ways he may never be able."
    The way I see it, Jason and Roy are going to bond over the fact that they both went through some bad shit that they're trying to get past and the fact that they have been let down by their mentors (Joker alive, put on the street when he needed help, etc...). They can sympathize and help each other.
    Kori, instead, is not going to change much from the past. The way Lo described it, Starfire has already solved all her issues, unlike Roy and Jason. She's probably going to be the big sister of the team, helping the two of them heal like she did in the past. She's the proof that Roy and Jason are not beyond help.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Winick's new Catwoman interview mentions JLI and Hood, and his feeling was he already restarted them.

Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Blurred View

Not sure what I think about what Lobdell says there. It kind of makes me worry he's looking at the wrong direction for Jason. I really don't need a "redeemed" or "healthier" Jason Todd anymore than I need a relaxed and healthier Bruce Wayne. All redemption does is put Jason on the path to becoming Nightwing-lite (or Batman-lite-lite). 

But I'm cool with Jason forming some better bonds with people. I'd just prefer that he pulls Roy and Starfire down a little more than they pull him up.

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I doubt he'll stop killing. But I have a feeling it'll be more about what he runs across rather than hunting them.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    I doubt he'll stop killing. But I have a feeling it'll be more about what he runs across rather than hunting them.

I have a feeling Scarlet will die and that will be the reason Jason decides to quit the hero business for awhile
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Oh mannnnnn,can you imagine a Batman 428 dead sidekick in the hero's arms homage?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    Oh mannnnnn,can you imagine a Batman 428 dead sidekick in the hero's arms homage?
    Remember I called it lol
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RedHoodsDen

And then you can still bring her back as a villain later. Muahahahaha!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daredevil21134

that would be interesting

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Totally full circle. He's put in Bruce's shoes by having caused his sidekick's death and she comes back as a monster. Epic.

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By sj_esposito

Haha.. I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves, but it is a really cool idea!

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen: So where do I go to look at this Teen Titans cover? 

And I do wish that Winick was on this book however I am ok with Lobdell writing it. He is a pretty good writer especially when it comes to team books. And I think that Winick writing Catwoman is gonna be great. I'll pick it up. But Batwing I just don't know about. I mean you don't know much about this character and the fact that, out of all the other characters in inc the guy that is in the last issue i read is getting his own title written by Winick just doesn't add up to me.  But we will just have to wait and see how this goes. But The Outlaws and Catwoman are gonna be must haves for me.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @RedHoodJT: Well it's not like Lobdell is a chump, he has his status, and he is from the industry, that should be good considering most likely there won't be anymore disasters in continuity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.