#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks like that but how recent are these pics
#4 Posted by Jor-el Zod (136 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:
not sure i found them a while back
#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting though
#6 Posted by entropy_aegis (15317 posts) - - Show Bio

So let me get this straight you think that Judd Winick is a horrible writer, and you think that J.T. Krul is too? Wtf is wrong with you? Jason Todd was brought back into the lime light through Winick's Under the Hood story. Which is a damn good story. The Red Hood: The Lost Days mini was also a great story. The Teen Titans that is now written by J.T. Krul is the best Teen Titans story I've ever read. If Winick is so terrible at writing and what not why was his Under the Hood story made into a DC cartoon movie? How many other writers can say that theirs was made into a movie? I can think of two others. I'm going with you like Geoff Johns don't you?

And Jason does NOT hate Batman or anyone in the Bat Family. He has, since his return, tried to be accepted by them. Sure he has unorthodox methods of fighting crime but that doesn't change the fact that he is trying to win the affection of a group of people that, before his death, welcomed him with open arms. The only thing he hates about Batman is the fact that he hasn't killed the Joker yet for all the innocents he has killed and for killing him. 

And to the rest of you that think that Jason would be a good addition to the Secret Six books I totally see where you are coming from. I for one think that he should be put in an outsiders like team and be the leader of it to clean up or do the dirty work that Batman Inc can't and won't do.  POST   BY RED HODD JT 

krul's teen titans had a promising start ,but its gone meh.lameass villians,characters repeatedly jobbing,then there's damian's personality,i could understand him being jerka$$ at first,but c'mon.krul has completely ignored batman and robin,batgirl and superman/batman,and red robin.damian is no longer socially inept.thats a strike against krull. 
A stroyline being made in to a movie hardly means anything at all.i mean public enemies and apocalypse were some of the worst stories i've ever read . 
Jasons morals are inconsistent ,he has at times come across as a sympathy figure and more than once he's also come across as a beast of envy and spite. 
#7 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
 Jasons morals are inconsistent ,he has at times come across as a sympathy figure and more than once he's also come across as a beast of envy and spite.  "

That's also because the character has been used by writers who either don't understand the character/don't respect the character's previous characterization to write their story. So, you have Bruce Jones writing Jason as incompetent tentacle monster or Tony Daniel writing the character shooting a child (10-year-old Damian) . 
Another problem I've found is that writers keep trying to do something *new* with the character by putting him in a different costume. In Under the Hood, Jason talks about not wanting to play "dress up" (anymore). His Red Hood costume is mostly utilitarian and mocking.  And then you have the situation where DC wants to kill Dick Grayson, so they put Jason in the Nightwing suit and then you have Brothers in Blood, which is so much crappy writing I can't even. And then editorial doesn't kill Dick Grayson and Jason becomes a "copycat" -- particularly after he's put in the Red Robin costume during the lazily plotted and put together Countdown. And then by the time Battle for the Cowl comes around, Jason's already being called "identity complex man" by Tim. And of course, while Morrison said he really wanted to work with the character, he still wanted to do something "edgy and new" with him and so we have ANOTHER new costume. So because of lack of forethought and lack of research of the character's characterization by the writers and editorial, you have problems with consistency in his morals/characterization.  

As for Winick, I think it's pretty clear if you read Jason as Robin and Jason as Red Hood in both Red Hood: Lost Days and Under the Hood that he did his homework. Winick's characterization of Jason is much more in line with Starlin's. There's also a scene back when Jason is  Robin and Batman teaches him about being able to act/think/react even without the use his utility belt. Batman actually cuts Jason's utility belt. This happens, in reverse, in Batman 636: Jason cuts Batman's utility belt. This isn't by coincidence. Winick's Jason is also the ONLY one with the consistent characterization of remembering his mother's betrayal (also see the quote: "I'm no one's son") and that he actually is an adopted son. 
#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
 Jasons morals are inconsistent ,he has at times come across as a sympathy figure and more than once he's also come across as a beast of envy and spite.  "
 That's also because the character has been used by writers who either don't understand the character/don't respect the character's previous characterization to write their story. So, you have Bruce Jones writing Jason as incompetent tentacle monster or Tony Daniel writing the character shooting a child (10-year-old Damian) . Another problem I've found is that writers keep trying to do something *new* with the character by putting him in a different costume. In Under the Hood, Jason talks about not wanting to play "dress up" (anymore). His Red Hood costume is mostly utilitarian and mocking.  And then you have the situation where DC wants to kill Dick Grayson, so they put Jason in the Nightwing suit and then you have Brothers in Blood, which is so much crappy writing I can't even. And then editorial doesn't kill Dick Grayson and Jason becomes a "copycat" -- particularly after he's put in the Red Robin costume during the lazily plotted and put together Countdown. And then by the time Battle for the Cowl comes around, Jason's already being called "identity complex man" by Tim. And of course, while Morrison said he really wanted to work with the character, he still wanted to do something "edgy and new" with him and so we have ANOTHER new costume. So because of lack of forethought and lack of research of the character's characterization by the writers and editorial, you have problems with consistency in his morals/characterization.   As for Winick, I think it's pretty clear if you read Jason as Robin and Jason as Red Hood in both Red Hood: Lost Days and Under the Hood that he did his homework. Winick's characterization of Jason is much more in line with Starlin's. There's also a scene back when Jason is  Robin and Batman teaches him about being able to act/think/react even without the use his utility belt. Batman actually cuts Jason's utility belt. This happens, in reverse, in Batman 636: Jason cuts Batman's utility belt. This isn't by coincidence. Winick's Jason is also the ONLY one with the consistent characterization of remembering his mother's betrayal (also see the quote: "I'm no one's son") and that he actually is an adopted son.  "

QFT
#9 Edited by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, that pic of Jason with helmet inhand has tortured me for years because I could never find out what comic it was from? 

Edit: Ah. details. It's a dream team lineup Wizard came up with back in 2006 with Resurrection Man, Master Jailer, Atomic Skull, Calendar Man, Phobia, Jason Todd, Doctor Poison, and Bloodhound. So basically fanfic.

#10 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen: It's also by Tony Daniel.... So. Tread carefully, lol
#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

THERE IS ALREADY A SIMILAR THREAD TO THIS.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
" @RedHoodsDen: It's also by Tony Daniel.... So. Tread carefully, lol "

lol
#13 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

You can tell Tony didn't come up with the concept though, because then there'd be a pint-size Bloodhoundgirl.

#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"You can tell Tony didn't come up with the concept though, because then there'd be a pint-size Bloodhoundgirl. "

lol
#15 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:
Jason's moods change because of the writers. They don't stay consistent to how Winick continues to write him and as it was said above Winick did do his homework on Jason. Something a lot of writers don't do when they start to write a story about a character and want to add something new to that character.  

And Krul's Teen Titans is a good book. I love that Damian is in the book. The team lacked a robin and now they have one. He is a great Robin. He has the skill fighting wise that the others had. The only thing he lacks is the ability to see a situation and plan out the attacks instead of going gung ho and improvising. And of course the ability to talk with others rationally.
#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"@entropy_aegis: Jason's moods change because of the writers. They don't stay consistent to how Winick continues to write him and as it was said above Winick did do his homework on Jason. Something a lot of writers don't do when they start to write a story about a character and want to add something new to that character.   And Krul's Teen Titans is a good book. I love that Damian is in the book. The team lacked a robin and now they have one. He is a great Robin. He has the skill fighting wise that the others had. The only thing he lacks is the ability to see a situation and plan out the attacks instead of going gung ho and improvising. And of course the ability to talk with others rationally. "

good point
#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (15317 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"@entropy_aegis: Jason's moods change because of the writers. They don't stay consistent to how Winick continues to write him and as it was said above Winick did do his homework on Jason. Something a lot of writers don't do when they start to write a story about a character and want to add something new to that character.   And Krul's Teen Titans is a good book. I love that Damian is in the book. The team lacked a robin and now they have one. He is a great Robin. He has the skill fighting wise that the others had. The only thing he lacks is the ability to see a situation and plan out the attacks instead of going gung ho and improvising. And of course the ability to talk with others rationally. "

The problem with krul is that he cant write damian. 
i just read red robin 20(which will crossover with teen titans later this month),that's how damian should be written. 
hell Bryan Q Miller wrote an excellent damian in batgirl .Krul writes damian as an incompetent under achiever,who's just all talk and completely useless. 
#18 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:   It is true that Damian should be written better. I do like how he acted in Red Robin. That is gonna be a great story. And I didn't read the Batgirl story. But I mean at some point a character has to grow up. And the whole reason that Dick brought Damian to the Teen Titans was for him to start trusting people and letting them in. So in a way with Krul I just think that's what he is doing with Damian. I mean I could be wrong but at the same time it could be what  his plans for Damian are. 
#19 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it is Jason Todd joined the Secret Six. The whole team is about villians who are no longer villians but aren't trying to be heroes. Jason Tobb was once a hero but now is a villianish person. I think he would fit right  in with the rest of the team.
#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio
@StarKiller809 said:
"I would love it is Jason Todd joined the Secret Six. The whole team is about villians who are no longer villians but aren't trying to be heroes. Jason Tobb was once a hero but now is a villianish person. I think he would fit right  in with the rest of the team. "

he might

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.