Scott Lobdell returns to RHATO!~

#1 Edited by Teerack (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a long dark 13 months but it's finally over!

:D I'm so damn excited! I was scared this book was going to get canceled because ever since Lobdell left the book it has seriously just not been good. v.v but we can put that all behind us now! Starting TODAY at issue 32 Lobdell is taking over again. :) So for all those who dropped the book a while back you should all pick up a copy!

SCOTT LOBDELL ON RED HOOD Return, 'Startling' STARFIRE Story

Now we just got to cross our fingers that Kenneth Rocafort comes back. The two of them just worked so perfect with this book. It's like Matt Fraction and David Aja on Hawkeye. It just works.

#2 Posted by JakeN7 (12574 posts) - - Show Bio

He's terrible, but for some reason he does a decent job on RHatO. So that, plus the fact that Tynion's run was terrible, plus the fact that this means Lobdell won't be on Teen Titans anymore, means I'm all for it.

#3 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21883 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, sounds like it was needed

#4 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

This was announced a while ago, in any case it's good news can't wait to read.

#5 Posted by Teerack (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: I know it was news from a while ago, but no one mentioned it here, and I figured I'd post it since his first issue is today and I wanted to get the word out.

#6 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Good idea, I'm glad he's off Teen Titans and back where he belongs.

#8 Edited by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by JakeN7 (12574 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: At least he's not on Superman anymore.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@lvenger: At least he's not on Superman anymore.

Yes at least there is that holy privilege he can no longer sully with his hax writing.

#11 Posted by Teerack (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: he was still a huge improvement next to the previous 52 superman stuff.

#12 Edited by MaccyD (4081 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not everyday you read someone being overjoyed that Lobdell is returning to a title.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@lvenger: he was still a huge improvement next to the previous 52 superman stuff.

Only in that SOME of his ideas could have worked had they been written better or executed more effectively in the story.

#14 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Exactly, the man has good ideas, but no follow through. Maybe now that he's not writing 5 different books he'll be more on the ball.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Exactly, the man has good ideas, but no follow through. Maybe now that he's not writing 5 different books he'll be more on the ball.

I doubt it. I'm not a fan of his writing anyway because it's stuck in the 90s and gives Bay a run for his money in nonsensical plot directions in his storytelling.

#16 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: That may not work for the Titans or Superman, but it defiantly fits the Outlaws.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (9065 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: Possibly because it's kinda like a comic version of a 90'ties action movie

#18 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: That may not work for the Titans or Superman, but it defiantly fits the Outlaws.

I saw a review of Red Hood and The Outlaws 1 where Linkera tore it to shreds and I've seen other reviews of it as well. I'm not sold on its overall quality to be honest nor on Lobdell's writing style.

#19 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I don't like Linkara (not sure why anyone dose), and he's said he doesn't like the New 52, this is a better summery of the series

#20 Posted by Lvenger (20058 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: You should consider subscribing, the guy is a comic genius, and he's really really good at getting new readers into comics.

#22 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8727 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobdell is bad on most of his new 52 stuff but I've only heard good stuff on rhato somehow.

#23 Posted by Superguy1591 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as he's not writing Supes, is all good.

#24 Posted by JakeN7 (12574 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: It's one of life's great mysteries. It's like he loses any shred of talent he had as soon as he stops writing RHatO, and starts writing anything else.

#25 Posted by Teerack (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I don't like Linkara (not sure why anyone dose), and he's said he doesn't like the New 52, this is a better summery of the series

The only error in this is Jason and Star never had sex. Jason was just vague about it because he was trying to make Roy not chase after her, and Star wasn't able to have sex with Roy without getting emotionally attached.

#26 Posted by Kaelthas31 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderful issue, lobdell's back

#27 Posted by lifeofvibe (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderful issue, lobdell's back

yuuuuuuup, this series is the only thing he can write without throwing crap at us

#28 Posted by Transformers1024 (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood is the only book from the New 52 that I have bought every month since the beginning and I will until it reaches it's final issue.

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (11861 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood is the only book from the New 52 that I have bought every month since the beginning and I will until it reaches it's final issue.

Me too

#30 Posted by Transformers1024 (1962 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by daredevil21134 (11861 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: What did you think of Tynion's run?

Well being a huge DD fan I really enjoyed the mystic elements of it but the whole memory loss thing kinda made it boring. I think it went on a little long too.I might've enjoyed it better in a trade. So overall i'm probably a little bit on the negative side but I think he gave Jason some impressive fighting feats and that's cool

#32 Edited by Teerack (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
@transformers1024 said:

Same I dropped everything else but RHATO after the first year. The only other book I'll be getting in the New 52 is Teen Titans when that comes out.

#33 Posted by lifeofvibe (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

and he's gone, now is that a good thing or a bad thing?

#34 Posted by Slonewolf (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Back in the initial August solicitations, Newsarama made the mistake of crediting Will Pfeifer for writing #34 and Scott clarified that he was writing/finishing that arc on his Facebook. I think the situation is the same and he will be continuing his second run. I'm fine with Lobdell writing Outlaws; he excels there no matter what some people may complain about him.

#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (11861 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Back in the initial August solicitations, Newsarama made the mistake of crediting Will Pfeifer for writing #34 and Scott clarified that he was writing/finishing that arc on his Facebook. I think the situation is the same and he will be continuing his second run. I'm fine with Lobdell writing Outlaws; he excels there no matter what some people may complain about him.

Thank God.I was wondering if he was staying or leaving

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.