Scott Lobdell Leaves the HOOD

• 127 results
#101 Posted by UrbanChill (228 posts) - - Show Bio

im worried most about jasons character development going down the drain

#102 Posted by comic_shaun (72 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, how many of you fans that have commented here read through whole runs of comics, whithout experiencing a creative ohandover? Hmmm? Man up people, if you like the character, then read this book. The prescence of a fan favourite writher on a comic should come secondly on the terms of why you read these issues. Granted some of you have diffent and equally valid reasons, but I doubt you would have read them if you did'nt like the featured characters. Show some appreciation that its been taken over by an equally good writer, keep this book alive, it brings a fresh theme to the ever growing source of team books. I have the faith that Tynion will keep this title as consistently good as Lobdell did.

#103 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

No! Red Hood and the Outlaws was one of my favorite new titles!

#104 Posted by CrashBang (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Tynion is leagues ahead of Lobdell. This is a good thing.

Very true. I've wanted to pick this book up since the start and now I have the best reason to.

#105 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer if he left teen titans cause I'm not a fan of his work there and to me its been terrible. It's not really a good thing that he's leaving red hood and the outlaws cause that's his best performing title right now.

#106 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@UrbanChill said:

im worried most about jasons character development going down the drain

That's my only concern. That and appreciation for the great job Lobdell's done. Tynion's a good writer however so I expect him to handle it well.

#107 Posted by kagato (247 posts) - - Show Bio

No Scott! No......, Red Hood is one of my favourites...oh wait James is taking over? Im okay with this ^_^

#108 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! obviously i like the character...he could run a series solo, but i really enjoyed how he handled the team :(

#109 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF? Red Hood was probably you're best new 52 book, you're teen titans run has been the worst i've read! You were really awesome on RHATO, Drop Teen Titans instead, u suck at that!

#110 Posted by wolfflame21 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

JAmes is a great writer, sweet!

#111 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6869 posts) - - Show Bio

Might start reading this.

#112 Posted by Rellik21 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Rocafort comes back and does the art for RHATO.

#113 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rellik21 said:

I hope Rocafort comes back and does the art for RHATO.

not gonna happen. :(

#114 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

All and all it was an awesome run!!

#115 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by RedHood22 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to the change-up. While Lobdell has done a good job, not great (IMO), some new writing could be just what the series needs. It has lost a bit of its focus. I thought the first storyline involving Jason and the Untitled was a nice way to bring in the characters and help shed some light on Jaybird's new backstory. I understand that they had to move away from that plot to shed light on the other characters' pasts, but they did it in such a way that it felt like they handwaved it off. Plus, the Tamaran war story felt rushed to me. I never really cared what was happening and it ended kind of abruptly. I look forward to seeing what Tynion brings to the table. Doesn't hurt that he was mentored by Scott Snyder, either.

#117 Edited by BecauseISaidSo (100 posts) - - Show Bio

When I heard that Scott Lobdell was leaving I was like

And when I heard that Tynion was writing it

#118 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

You're wrong. People really liked Superboy UNTIL Defalco took over.

#119 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I had heard a lot of complaints about it.

#120 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I just picked up and read the first RHatO TPB and really enjoyed it, and my initial plan was to catch up and put this on my pull list. Seems like now I may just want to wait until the other trades come out to finish out Lobdell's arc, and wait to see how people are receiving Tynion's approach.

QUESTION: is it likely that the remainder of Lobdell's run will be collected in a Vol. 3 (Vol. 2 comes out in August, I believe)? Or is the tie-in to DotF likely to throw a wrench in that neatness?

#121 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428: i also heard a lot of complaints about wonder woman. so what. it doesnt means its bad.

#122 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@TheMess1428: i also heard a lot of complaints about wonder woman. so what. it doesnt means its bad.

I didn't say Superboy was bad. I just said that people complained about it.

#123 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

then again, only some people complaint about it. general consensus is that people are unhappy after defalco took over.

#124 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@sethysquare said:

then again, only some people complaint about it. general consensus is that people are unhappy after defalco took over.

I actually stopped reading a couple issues after the switch, so I wouldn't know to much about DeFalco's run.

#125 Posted by NICKXH (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! obviously i like the character...he could run a series solo, but i really enjoyed how he handled the team :(

I think this title got worse when Rocafort left.

#126 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

In retrospect, I think it's a bit unfairly criticized. That is not to say that it is any good, and I am excited to see someone new writing for it

#127 Posted by consolemaster001 (5569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@sethysquare said:

@xtremekidx said:

why is anyone gonna leave the book with scott?james has been writing an interesting story with talon and im really looking forward to his run on RHAO!

because he is going to turn this into a street level book chasing talons and penguins around gotham.

Red Hood and the Zookeepers? :)

Mr. Todd's penguins

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.