Red Hood's red hood is hard to make look cool.

#1 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, don't get me wrong. I find Jason Todd to be an extremely interesting character, a Bat-trained antihero is a very good idea and he goes about that wonderfully. But has anyone noticed that about 80% of the time that helmet of his looks absolutely ridiculous? A lot of the time I've noticed that the cap is way too big, the eyes look weird, or it doesn't have that proper "helmet" look. Under The Red Hood was decent, even if he looked a hell of a lot like Deadpool. Does anyone else agree that his helmet often looks silly? Why do you think it's hard to get right? Or am I the silly one?

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

Its better than the condomesque helmet they had him in during Batman and Robin.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Yes!

Anyone find him smirking in the helmet weird?
#4 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything's better than the head-tube. >.>

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
Yes! Anyone find him smirking in the helmet weird?

I just call it "comic book logic" and leave it at that.

#6 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10060 posts) - - Show Bio

I have found a bunch of images that make the helmet great, the thing is that it need to look like if it was made of metal and have thing inside.

Most of the times, Jason looks like the Red Power Ranger.

#7 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Now, don't get me wrong. I find Jason Todd to be an extremely interesting character, a Bat-trained antihero is a very good idea and he goes about that wonderfully. But has anyone noticed that about 80% of the time that helmet of his looks absolutely ridiculous? A lot of the time I've noticed that the cap is way too big, the eyes look weird, or it doesn't have that proper "helmet" look. Under The Red Hood was decent, even if he looked a hell of a lot like Deadpool. Does anyone else agree that his helmet often looks silly? Why do you think it's hard to get right? Or am I the silly one?

You're not being silly, everyone has their own tastes and preferences. I personally LOVE the "Under the Redhood" style biker helmet, looks badass and better protects his head and face than a cowl or domino mask. His new helmet for the Outlaws series looks good too, but I can't figure out why the mask suddenly has facial features...Is it molded to his face or is the front of the mask translucent so you can see his face? At any rate, I definitely prefer his masked biker look better than his caped "superhero" look.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11340 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

QFT

#9 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
"Red Hood's red hood"

AAHHHHHHHHHHH I see what you did there.
#10 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be confused with Bootstrap's bootstraps. ;)

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
That's the classic Red Hood! Don't go knocking the classics.  

(Thinks about Hal Jordan) 

OK, you can knock some classics. 
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

(Thinks about Hal Jordan) OK, you can knock some classics.
Not a good look for anybody, despite Guillem's amazing art
#13 Posted by TashoftheFuture (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one that finds this new costume ridiculous? I Probably would think it looked better if he didn't have the bucket on his head. (and yes i know that was the original Red Hoods look, but thats neither here nor there)

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

It was awesome. It showed how far he'd fallen and become a parody of Bruce's legacy, and embracing the Joker's.  

It's also made to look like the "Red Pill" from the Matrix which brings Neo to the crappy and nihilistic true reality, in this case, the reality that Jason is a monster.  

Awesome costume ;)
#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12855 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

(Thinks about Hal Jordan)  OK, you can knock some classics. 
Only if you want to get knocked back. remember children "Every time someone knocks on Hal Jordan, Avenging-X-Bolt kills someones family".
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

Only if you want to get knocked back. remember children "Every time someone knocks on Hal Jordan, Avenging-X-Bolt kills someones family".
Geoff Johns' Hal, doesn't count as real Hal.
#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12855 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

Geoff Johns' Hal, doesn't count as real Hal.
oh........ok * puts down the rusty hatchet and goes to untie the family*
#18 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828 said:

@Joygirl said:

You're not being silly, everyone has their own tastes and preferences. I personally LOVE the "Under the Redhood" style biker helmet, looks badass and better protects his head and face than a cowl or domino mask. His new helmet for the Outlaws series looks good too, but I can't figure out why the mask suddenly has facial features...Is it molded to his face or is the front of the mask translucent so you can see his face? At any rate, I definitely prefer his masked biker look better than his caped "superhero" look.

The facial features are embedded into the helmet so that it looks like he's always smilin'. I enjoyed the helmet so much that I gave DarcStorm one.

Although that was the first time I did that with this helmet. There ARE more drawings at darcrabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/

And as you can see...I like the helmet.

#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (15061 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Sinestro2828 said:

@Joygirl said:

The facial features are embedded into the helmet so that it looks like he's always smilin'. I enjoyed the helmet so much that I gave DarcStorm one.

Although that was the first time I did that with this helmet. There ARE more drawings at darcrabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/

Looks more like Darkseid than Red Hood.@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

It was awesome. It showed how far he'd fallen and become a parody of Bruce's legacy, and embracing the Joker's. It's also made to look like the "Red Pill" from the Matrix which brings Neo to the crappy and nihilistic true reality, in this case, the reality that Jason is a monster. Awesome costume ;)

Exactly Morrison actually USED the Red Hood,there is nothing Red Hood about Jason's other(more pouplar) biker outfit.There he is the Red Hood only in name.Morrison may or may not have gotten Jason but he sure as hell gets the Red Hood a lot more than Winnick and Lobdell.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11340 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Sinestro2828 said:

@Joygirl said:

Looks more like Darkseid than Red Hood.@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

It was awesome. It showed how far he'd fallen and become a parody of Bruce's legacy, and embracing the Joker's. It's also made to look like the "Red Pill" from the Matrix which brings Neo to the crappy and nihilistic true reality, in this case, the reality that Jason is a monster. Awesome costume ;)

Exactly Morrison actually USED the Red Hood,there is nothing Red Hood about Jason's other(more pouplar) biker outfit.There he is the Red Hood only in name.Morrison may or may not have gotten Jason but he sure as hell gets the Red Hood a lot more than Winnick and Lobdell.

I actually agree

#21 Posted by Iron_Turtle (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Looks like a tampon in a cape.

The new look is miles better.

#22 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Sinestro2828 said:

@Joygirl said:

Looks more like Darkseid than Red Hood.

Because of the Omega sign? The Omega sign came from the original DarcStorm's Ultimate costume.

And jea...in that drawin' DarcStorm says his name is Jason Todd.

#23 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the helmet would be better without the mouth.

Over here in Britain we get a thing called the DC Chess Collection where ,at the moment , it has a lot of Bat-characters but it has Jason in the massive tube helmet so I won't be buying him.

#24 Posted by noj (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: a DC chess collection! Oh man thats awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.