Red Hood ongoing?

• 103 results
#1 Posted by Hit_Monkey (859 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dig the the mini happening now but would it run out of steam as an actual series?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12410 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Jason Todd frankly doesn't DO all that much when he's not fighting Batman and Robin. And there are already enough Bat-Family series.

#3 Posted by Chicago_Bruce (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the Gotham City Sirens have their own gig, I won't mind seeing more Jason/Red Hood stories. The current "Lost Days" implies to me that it's only the 6-issue arc and nothing more - however I would love to be wrong on that and see more stories in his own series (where we see more of his own motivations and the sort of work he does).

Now that he's already made his stand against Batman and the rest of the family, it will be interesting to see when they work/agree together and when they don't - where and when that line is drawn and/or crossed.

#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be awesome if they did!

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it would
#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

They need more of him.

#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they do
#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" Yes. Jason Todd frankly doesn't DO all that much when he's not fighting Batman and Robin. And there are already enough Bat-Family series. "
Agreed. 

Though you can never have enough Bruce Wayne series :D
#9 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: My wallet disagrees with you.
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: I get trades, my wallet thanks me for it.
#11 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: thats what I've been doing lately,  It just gets to expensive following everything theres so many batfamily titles out. And I've already dropped azrael title after the first tpb.
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Yeah, I've pretty much dropped Marvel lately, the quality is not worth the money. 

I want to pick up Elegy, but $31.99 Australian for like 160 pages really hurts.
#13 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Yeah its 25 here I mean it looks good and I've heard great things about it. I'm just not to sure if its for me.
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Exactly. I love J.H Williams and Greg Rucka, but I can get a JLA Deluxe Edition for $8 more and twice the page count. And it has Bruce in it! lol
#15 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Exactly I mean way more bang for your buck, I mean she's not like a super conencted member of the Batfamily so I just don't figure its worth it if I don't identify with the character orr like the character.
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Fair call. I feel the same way about Green Lantern (the series). I'm not a huge fan of Hal, but I really like GLC, so it's hard to get one without the other.
#17 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Thats been my main problem there as well. Well I mean the way it is now its got dick in batman, detective comics, and batman and robin. And Bruce will have 2 series on his own when hes back, so thats.

Batman, detective comics, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc, Batman beyond, Batgirl, outsiders, Azrael, bat woman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman streets of Gotham, superman/batman, Batman Confidential,Red Robin, Gotham City sirens,Brave and the bold.
And Damian with the Teen Titans, Dick in the Justice league, and the birds of Prey. Trades are the only option for me. thats 19 batfamily titles...
#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Wow, it really is insane when you look at it like that. 

I'll be picking up (as trades);
Batman Inc.
The Dark Knight
Teen Titans
Batman 
Detective Comics
Batwoman

I hate Superman/Batman. Except the issue with Supergirl and Damian was fantastic :)
#19 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm just hoping its spaced out where it won't be a trade out everytime cause thats basically my list, and they seem to be doing hardcovers out months before softcovers so that can really add up to quite a bit. On amazon checkign out the time and the Batman its 128 pages, and because its hardcover its 20 dollars, now i love the way hardcovers are but with so many titles and 20 dollars a piece this is going to be an expensive year for me lol. I'll actually probably just do dick's and Bruce's series and kind of  avoid the extras well and maybe picking up batgirl just because I've really enjoyed her series.
#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Sounds like a decent idea. I've had to limit myself to soft covers as of late, unless it's over 250 pages. The constant hardcovers are just brutal. 

I've not read Batgirl, but I want to pick it up when I get some extra money.
#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Must be an emo thing. Anyway...its about time Jason got his own book.

#22 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Stephanie and Damian are great combination together the 1st volume is great and it has her teaming up with Dick and Damian. deffinantly worth picking it up. I know what you mean after the first Azrael trade I checked that off my list I wasn't a fan of the old azrael and  I didn't much enjoy this one either. And  I mean red robin volume 1 and 2 and batgirl and all of the detective comics and batman trades are all I've really went for since battle for the cowl.
#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Wait. Wait. Wait, Damian is in Batgirl? Buying it. Damian is epic. :D
#24 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Yeah he was in  a good amount of issues, and thats actually the funniest I've ever seen stephanie  when she interacts with Damian. Batgirl rising was well worth the buy i've read it 3 times.
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Cool, I'll pick it up next time I head into the city :)
#26 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha alright man

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao

#29 Posted by moviegeek17 (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

an ongoing would be pretty cool. dont know i could afford it with all the other comics im buying though lol

#30 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hit_Monkey said:
"I really dig the the mini happening now but would it run out of steam as an actual series? "

No. Jason is an interesting character, just need a good writer.
#31 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrtrickster:
agreed
#32 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @nightwing91: Wait. Wait. Wait, Damian is in Batgirl? Buying it. Damian is epic. :D "
WHOA! OK damn, I just thought of that the wrong way.
#33 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:
lol
#34 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hit_Monkey:
An anti-hero series would be cool, but as Judd Winick writes him. Tony Daniel and Grant Morrison fail hardcore when it comes to Jason Todd.
#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @nightwing91: Wait. Wait. Wait, Damian is in Batgirl? Buying it. Damian is epic. :D "
WHOA! OK damn, I just thought of that the wrong way. "
Haha, give it time. He's Bruce's son after all.
#36 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god said:
"@Hit_Monkey: An anti-hero series would be cool, but as Judd Winick writes him. Tony Daniel and Grant Morrison fail hardcore when it comes to Jason Todd. "

Thats True.Judd Winick is the way to go
#37 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: As much as he hates tim, I'm sure he wouldn't want steph lol.
#38 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Heh, nah, Kara's more his taste :P (have you read the latest Superman/Batman)?
#39 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the last issue, I would say.....maybe? I mean, if it took place in his early days as Red Hood, I would definitely read it, but currently, I'm not sure.

#40 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Not yet superman/batman has never been my thing, it's jsut to hard to place in continuity so I avoid it lol.
#41 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised he's been able to hold this mini series

#42 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: That's because you are a wise and clever man. Superman/Batman is a terrible, terrible series, but the Halloween issue (which I picked up since it had Damian teaming up with Supergirl) was excellent :)
#43 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: If it's half as good as when he's teamed up with steph, then it'll be awesome I'll be on the look out for it when I go to the comic store.
#44 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: I loved it, he keeps bagging her about being an alien. It's awesome :D
#45 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Ha I'm trying to find the scan of him talking directly to stephanie talking about how he wanta to stab her, her, damian and alfrad are all gold in that scene.
#46 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Here it is, man It's a little hard to see but you can still read it.

#47 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Haha, that's awesome. Thanks, mate :)

I loved the nod to Cassie. Great stuff.
#48 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Ha Damian being teamed with any girl is just awesome, because he think's he's superior then them. I wish he'd team with kara and stephanie more often. And I do wish he'd meet Cassandra already.
#49 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Me too, I love that when he first met Katana he wanted to marry her lol
#50 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Ha when was that? Streets of gotham?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.