Red Hood in Batman and Robin #12

#1 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason shows up with Dick and Tim to help against Terminus. Why? It goes completely against his character to help Bruce - that's why it was a big deal during the Night of the Owls. And how did he even hear Bruce needed help? Unless the other Robins gave him a call?

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

He's kind of "friends" with Tim, so he probably ask for a favor i haven't read the issue yet so I'm just guessing

#3 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

I was annoyed at the lack of explanation for his appearance.

That being said. Jason does still pursue justice and fight the good fight, just in a different manner to Bruce, so he could've easily gone to the scene of his own accord and bumped into the others whilst there.

#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like him working with the Bat Family but it seems like that is going to be the case going forward as his popularity continues to grow.Especially since Scott Synder likes him

#5 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, we don't really know Jason's stance on Bruce in the N52... maybe it's like a silent treatment kind of thing.

#6 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio

He's said a few times in the DCnU that he resents Bruce and doesn't like being around him. He's still pissed he didn't do anything to the Joker for killing him.

Its possible he just randomly turned up but his focus isn't really on justice - its sort of on his needs and avenging his trainers.

Plus the main thing - he's in space at the moment!!

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care since it looked pretty damn spectacular to see Bruce's "children" in action together.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

Well, we don't really know Jason's stance on Bruce in the N52... maybe it's like a silent treatment kind of thing.

He still resents Bruce in the new 52

#9 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yea enough to kill Bruce. Well at least he was very close.

#10 Posted by slasherway (3 posts) - - Show Bio

its a great idea for red hood to be with the bat family he's just like you older brother you never see that is angry at the family. I think hes going to have a important role during the later issues and the jokers coming back this is something we have to see

#11 Posted by ded_redhood (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: true story

#12 Posted by richardjohngrayson (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason answered a call to arms from The Bat Family twice so far with the time in question being number two. So I'd say it's a new world and a new Jason Todd as far as willingness to work alongside them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.