Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Off My Mind: How Much of Jason Todd's History Remains in 'The New 52'?

• 59 results
    DeadJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DeadJester

Personally, I love Jason Todd's character and I'm glad they are setting this series up as part of the new DCU. I'm also a fan of Deadpool so I guess I just like the screwed up characters and if he goes a little too far with his violence, then I agree, he's just doing what Batman should've done a long time ago. Definitely sided with him in Under the Red Hood.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Only one thing has kept the same in my mind, he likes his guns. and Red Robin, now I can only think one word, "yum".

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mistersarcastic

I'm hoping that "five years ago" thing in Nightwing #3 was indeed a typo or else all of this crap would be crammed and such a short time and many if not all, of these heroes would still be making a crapload of mistakes.

Frobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Frobin

Indeed this article shows the problem with DC's approach to reboot and still want to have characters with loooong history together ... it's possible to tell those stories step by step (as we've seen with Marvel's first - and only real - Ultimate Universe) and change origins, relationships and whatever ... but you have to be patient with your storytelling: first intoduce one character, then the other ... especially when their relations are as aligned as those of Batman and all the Robins.

In my opinion the screwed it! DC wanted all and immediately - but it would have been better to first introduce the new Batman, would also be ok to have Nightwing around and a new Robin (Damian? Tim? Jason?) ... but 4 Robins within 5 or even 10 years is just too much ... it totally screws up the credibility of the character OR it demands that readers just give a damn on timelines, rationality, plausibility ... but that's not the case anymore ... that's golden or silver age. Back then you could assume so much and just keep it under some sort of cloak ... but not today. And you can't make a step to make a universe more realistic ... and on the other side totally screw up plausibilities of timelines and pen up 4 Robin's with very personal ties and abilities (which needs years of training) into 5 (or even 10 years)!

Or another EASY way would have been to (think all this out much better and) and just start with JLA not 5 years ago, but 10 years ago ... but I guess, even then you have to create a new origin for at least 2 Robins ... and since Nightwing and Red Hood obviously need the most time to establish their relationship with Batman, their history shouldn't change so much in terms of spent time together.

Then you have to explain how Tim Drake got his abilities and relation to Batman in such a short time ... and I would say it would be better to introduce Damian (much) later.

Well, this 4 Robins in 5 years stuff is soooooooo confusing and reeally bad storytelling ... so not plausible ...

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Miss_Garrick

So 5 years for Dick to be Robin and then Nightwing, Jason to be Robin and may or may not be killed, Tim to be Robin and then Red Robin and then Damian to be Robin, presumably while Dick was Batman, or is DC not doing the Batman R.I.P. thing?

This is too much for 5 years. Dick and Tim had to have some serious growth spurts. It can't work.

franco2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By franco2011
    No Caption Provided
    animemike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By animemike

jason todd is a badass im glad he is no longer in the second costome the new 52 is way better

animemike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By animemike

jason todd is a badass im glad he bad in the new 52 and in the orginal badass look too

Avatar image for christopherwalken
    christopherwalken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At least when he was dead I pitied him a bit. Now I just want him to die all over again.

Bobphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bobphantom

I need to catch up on the new 52, the Bat timeline in particular is kind of puzzling...of course i could always wait a few years for DC's next crisis event and start again when they reboot everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.