Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

New Topic because this place is dead. RH&O discussion/predictions

• 74 results
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @theincrediblezero said:
    I hated his Red Hood arc in B&R, but I also thought it was freaking brilliant.

How so ?
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@xscarletkittie said:

Concerning the whole red vs black hair thing: I'm not going to be angry if they stick with the red hair, but I do think the whole change was silly. His black hair color has been canon ever since his first Post-Crisis appearance (which was pretty much a completely different character from Pre-Crisis) and to suddenly have it be changed is odd. Especially when the explanation was that Jason was forced to dye his hair black while he was Robin... and apparently liked to keep his hair dyed while on the streets as a kid, in a coffin and suffering from brain damage. It doesn't make much sense to keep the change Morrison made considering the character's in-comic as well as out-of-comic history, which is why people tend to be upset about it, I think. I'm pretty sure most people would react similarly if, say, Storm was suddenly discovered to have been dying her hair white the whole time. Kinda like that. It doesn't do anything to the character as a whole, but it is slightly annoying.

That is the point, Red Hair makes no sense, all the history show that Jason have black hair, black hair is part of the character, is like making Bruce Wayne a Black guy with blonde hair.
    Also the change that Morrison made were goddamn horrible and people want to forget about that.
    Why cant Jason, just be in his Under the Hood look?
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#53  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I came here to talk about the red hood and now I see why the mods say that red hood fans have a bad attitude wow. 

Anyways I like Jasons red hair it sets him apart. I started a topic the other day asking if any one had heard anything about Aqualad post flashpoint and if he did join the outlaws that would be awesome. Also has anyone noticed how long Starfires hair is in the cover art? 

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Oh and is it just me or does anyone else think Osirs and Inertia should be on the team as well?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87 said:
    Oh and is it just me or does anyone else think Osirs and Inertia should be on the team as well?
    I think they should put Deathstroke as a mentor or something like that.
    any way i dont think the group need to have more that 3 members.
    Avatar image for theincrediblezero
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feliciano2040: I realise it's an odd thing to say. I loved his entire B&R run, 1-16, but depised the way he portrayed Jason. Red Hood arc was beautifully written and had the badass Flamingo, but on the other hand, suddenly Jason is a red-headed step-child with zits under his dildo helmet.  Arc was awesome, what he did with Jason was not.
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: I'm disappointed to hear that out reputation proceeds us so. We do tend to get into raging debates.  But genuinely talking about Jason, instead of these pointless debate WOULD be a nice change of pace. A thread got locked about a month ago because a handful of people decided it was time to talk about who Jay ought to be boning, and they got nasty about it. It wasn't pretty.  Also, I too theorise that the young black man on the Outlaws will be Blaqualad. He doesn't really have a huge amount of development, so there's really no reason not to put him on the team. And Starfire's hair is usually that outrageously long. Don't know why. As for Osiris, no, I think he should stick with Black Adam/Shazam books. I don't know enough of inertia to have an opinion on him.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @theincrediblezero: The suit Grant Morrison gave him was stupid, that's for sure, but I think people fail to see how the whole "Batman dyed my hair" thing brings great depth to the relationship between Batman and the robins.   

Besides, just because an event happened Pre-COIE doesn't mean it can't happen Post-COIE, some ocurrances don't have to be exclusively separated, obviously Huntress CAN'T be Batman's daughter anymore, but Jason Todd being a ginger is entirely possible, and brings whole new layers to his relationship with Batman.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblezero: Actually i am going to talk about one thing, this is one of the few forum where people talks about the character and the comics.
    The Jason neeed to have sex, was just vegeta over 9000 threads, just having a lot of fun, but since comicvine is a bunch of angry people well, they killed the fun.
    @Feliciano2040: The problem here is the changes he made to the character, also the Red Hair thing was pretty damn saddly funny for the wrong reason, other thing, he just wanted to write Killing Joker style story what is fine by me, but there was other character that could be the main point of the story.
    Jason is getting popular and that the main reason why DC is going to use him, just hope he dont get screwed like The Punisher.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    The problem here is the changes he made to the character, also the Red Hair thing was pretty damn saddly funny for the wrong reason, other thing, he just wanted to write Killing Joker style story what is fine by me, but there was other character that could be the main point of the story. Jason is getting popular and that the main reason why DC is going to use him, just hope he dont get screwed like The Punisher.

How did Punisher got screwed ? I may be oblivious to some events, but getting your own editorial line (MAX) is actually a pretty damn good treat !
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

Well, moreover I predict that it will be interestin'. Interested to see how Jason would react towards people that are tryin' to help him...but don't judge him. Interested to see how this new writer will display Jason. AND, interested to see what direction the writer will take Jason. What things will change for him? Will this team thing be a gateway to comin' back to the bat-family? Will the writer dive MORE into Jason's personal life? Will we finally get to see Jason have a relationship?

So many questions...only one book can answer.

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RedHoodsDen

The fanbase is an unforgiving one. You spend some time on the DCO and you sorta see how Batman's black and white view has some how made his fans even more ideologically rigid. Moreso than the character. To that end, being "back in the bat-family" doesn't seem possible without some parallax type copout, perhaps with the lazarus pit, fully being blamed for his mindset. And then you end up with a milquetoast character, who you really weren't reading for years and years. I can imagine the continued forced by circumstance team-up but the blood would never be allowed to wash off  Jason's hands for that real acceptance.

theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feliciano2040: Dude, it's really not possible. The kid was barely surviving boosting tires on the street after supporting his dying mother. He had not time to run to the boutique and grab some Gryason-black hair dye. Just doesn't make sense.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @theincrediblezero: Wait a minute, if my memory serves me well, Jason Todd tells Scarlet that it was Batman dyed his hair black.
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Shitty retcon from Morrison that made no sense. He dyed his hair in the Pre-Crisis continuity, because when he first arrived at Wayne Manor, after Killer Croc killed his circus performer parents, he was ginger, tried to be a new side-kick who wasn't Robin. But Batman was in trouble, so he said "fuck it, Alfred, get me some hair dye and an old Robin costume!", dyed his hair and saved the day as Robin. He didn't want people knowing he was the new kid right away. BUT IN POST-CRISIS CONTINUITY, THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED. He was found on the street boosting the Bat-tires. He had black hair at the time. His father had been on of Two-Face's thugs and disappeared (it is later discovered he is believed to have been killed after failing a job), and his mother had OD'd or died of an unnamed disease. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT THE 12-YEAR-OLD KEEPING HIS MOTHER ALIVE FOR A YEAR OFF OF BOOSTED TIRES COULD HAVE DYED HIS HAIR. Just not possible.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @theincrediblezero said:
    Yeah. Shitty retcon from Morrison that made no sense. He dyed his hair in the Pre-Crisis continuity, because when he first arrived at Wayne Manor, after Killer Croc killed his circus performer parents, he was ginger, tried to be a new side-kick who wasn't Robin. But Batman was in trouble, so he said "fuck it, Alfred, get me some hair dye and an old Robin costume!", dyed his hair and saved the day as Robin. He didn't want people knowing he was the new kid right away. BUT IN POST-CRISIS CONTINUITY, THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED. He was found on the street boosting the Bat-tires. He had black hair at the time. His father had been on of Two-Face's thugs and disappeared (it is later discovered he is believed to have been killed after failing a job), and his mother had OD'd or died of an unnamed disease. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT THE 12-YEAR-OLD KEEPING HIS MOTHER ALIVE FOR A YEAR OFF OF BOOSTED TIRES COULD HAVE DYED HIS HAIR. Just not possible.
    he could have just stole the dye, or even the spray on stuff
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: So it was so important to him that while trying to survive off of the bare minimum, he said "you know what, to hell with being ginger, I've always wanted to be a brunette!" And even then, if that DID happen, it negates the whole, "BAWW, Bruce made me dye my hair" argument, because JASON HIMSELF would have been the one to dye his hair, of his own accord.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @theincrediblezero said:
    @spiderbat87: So it was so important to him that while trying to survive off of the bare minimum, he said "you know what, to hell with being ginger, I've always wanted to be a brunette!" And even then, if that DID happen, it negates the whole, "BAWW, Bruce made me dye my hair" argument, because JASON HIMSELF would have been the one to dye his hair, of his own accord.
    I see what you are saying, it dosnt make any sense but neither does allot of stuff in comics
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

Maybe Jason just dyed his hair to blend in with the darkness to become a better criminal at 12. But when Bruce took him in, he felt no reason to do it anymore because he wasn't a criminal anymore. But Bruce decided that the Black hair would be better for covert missions than the red...so Bruce started to MAKE Jason dye it.

That's the only logical thing I could think of.

theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JUDD WINICK CONFIRMS THAT JASON IS NO LONGER GINGER POST-FLASHPOINT. YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST FOLKS, JASON TODD WILL NOT BE A GINGER POST-FLASHPOINT. CEHCK COMIC VINE'S RECENT PODCAST, IT'S IN THERE.

rhstickler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By rhstickler

Sorry to interrupt, but if Morrison's excuse for turning Jason into a redhead is because the pre-crisis Jason had red hair, wasn't pre-crisis Jason's hair strawberry-blonde at the most? It can't really be the vibrant shade of red that I see floating around the internet.  
    Also, Jason's hair color change was obviously for him to match with his mask and new persona(Red Hood), so no amount of arguing is going to change that. Pity though, since I only got into American comics through Batman: Under the Hood. I'm really hating this system that the westerncomic industry uses. Why not just use the same writer and artist if they've proven themselves worthy of doing a character justice? 

Pre-crisis Jason 
     Pre-crisis Jason 
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhstickler: DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE. It's gettin' retconed come September.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @rhstickler: There's the little issue of writers having the right to quit and do something else if they want to.

Nobody is going to blame Garth Ennis for quitting after five years of writing The Punisher, same for Grant Morrison, who has a little more than three years on this run and still has plenty left.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedHoodsDen said:

The fanbase is an unforgiving one. You spend some time on the DCO and you sorta see how Batman's black and white view has some how made his fans even more ideologically rigid. Moreso than the character. To that end, being "back in the bat-family" doesn't seem possible without some parallax type copout, perhaps with the lazarus pit, fully being blamed for his mindset. And then you end up with a milquetoast character, who you really weren't reading for years and years. I can imagine the continued forced by circumstance team-up but the blood would never be allowed to wash off  Jason's hands for that real acceptance.

I do think Jason could be back as member of the BatFamily, but is going to need huge character development, from him, Bruce, Tim Damian, Dick and heck even Alfred.
    So i thinkg is hard to belive at this poitn his series will do that, it will need a Civil War type storyline, so Jason work with them and they start development hteir relathionship.
    It could be done, but is hard as hell and you need an awesome team to do it.

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

The problem here is the changes he made to the character, also the Red Hair thing was pretty damn saddly funny for the wrong reason, other thing, he just wanted to write Killing Joker style story what is fine by me, but there was other character that could be the main point of the story. Jason is getting popular and that the main reason why DC is going to use him, just hope he dont get screwed like The Punisher.
     How did Punisher got screwed ? I may be oblivious to some events, but getting your own editorial line (MAX) is actually a pretty damn good treat !
    After how many years? did you rember all the crap Frank have to pass until they decide to go with MAX, i mean he was killing angels, yeah freacking angels.
    @rhstickler said:

Sorry to interrupt, but if Morrison's excuse for turning Jason into a redhead is because the pre-crisis Jason had red hair, wasn't pre-crisis Jason's hair strawberry-blonde at the most? It can't really be the vibrant shade of red that I see floating around the internet.  
    Also, Jason's hair color change was obviously for him to match with his mask and new persona(Red Hood), so no amount of arguing is going to change that. Pity though, since I only got into American comics through Batman: Under the Hood. I'm really hating this system that the westerncomic industry uses. Why not just use the same writer and artist if they've proven themselves worthy of doing a character justice? 

Pre-crisis Jason 
     Pre-crisis Jason 
    they keep until they quit, the main problem is that every writter that gets famous, could do anything they wants or the not famous but good, get screwed becuase DC stop their cool ideas.
    Most of mangas are a bunch of crap that should never be out of japan, but the great ones, get great because the writter could decide what to do and dont be stopped by the system, of course that screw most of mangas since no one stop the crappy writters or the crappy ideas.
    Also since DC is a huge universe is hard to keep just one writter for character, since many characters are in like 50 comics at month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.