New thread for BnR#23

#1 Posted by theincrediblezero (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I think it's about time for a new thread. In anticipation of Batman and Robin #23, we hear the Jason is getting transferred for "good behaviour", and that though he does leave prison, it's not of his own choosing. Do you think this is Jason genuinely reflecting on his new path in life, or is it just him scheming to get out? I'd like to think that Jason might actually be condisering returning to the right side of the law, despite Winick's view of him as a villain. And what about who's breaking him out? Do you think it's a familiar organisation (someone like Talia) or another original/shitty villain for BnR?

/discuss

#2 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@theincrediblezero: Well man I have to agree with you on him becoming more of a good guy. And there are three possibilities that I have in mind on who it is that breaks Jason out. Number one is the League of Assassins. I mean Talia has helped Jason out before, but I'm not a 100% sure on that because of how things are now. Number 2 is a tie between the Secret Six and the Terror Titans. They both have everything to gain and nothing to lose by breaking him out. the third and final one that I think is a possibility is Bruce and the Bat Family themselves. 
#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT: ain't Bruce gonna visit Jason in this ark?
#4 Posted by Jor-el Zod (136 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: 
dought it. he won't even go visit cassandra.
#5 Edited by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jor-el Zod: This is the first time since UTH that Bruce talks to Jason.
#6 Posted by Jor-el Zod (136 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: 
Dude sorry to say but he threw a baterang in his throught. he don't give a sh!t
#7 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce and Jason are going to talk. Winick has already spoken about it at Wonder Con and in a few interviews. 

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (13613 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
" @theincrediblezero: Well man I have to agree with you on him becoming more of a good guy. And there are three possibilities that I have in mind on who it is that breaks Jason out. Number one is the League of Assassins. I mean Talia has helped Jason out before, but I'm not a 100% sure on that because of how things are now. Number 2 is a tie between the Secret Six and the Terror Titans. They both have everything to gain and nothing to lose by breaking him out. the third and final one that I think is a possibility is Bruce and the Bat Family themselves.  "
I say none of them,what does the SS have to gain? It's Jason himself.
#9 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the solicits, whoever breaks him out will want a favor in return which will be something Jason wants no part of. That will lead to him and B&R teaming up.

#10 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: What don't the SS gain by helping Jason out? I mean in a way Jason is very much like Batman. To have someone on the SS with the same skill set as the guy that has taken them all out before what would they have to lose?

#11 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Dr. Hurt but Joker killed him didn't he?

#12 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Unwritten Duck: Well you have a point but that doesn't mean that they aren't just keeping it quiet. Like real hush hush stuff. But Winick does do original stuff so it could be a group he created or something. Who knows.
#13 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @RedHoodJT: ain't Bruce gonna visit Jason in this ark? "
All in due time my friend. Come to think of it, it actually has been a while since we spoke lol
#14 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce is supposed to talk with Jason. I'm going with he talks with him right before he is transferred on good behavior.

#15 Edited by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably Superman or something. I really doubt they'd redeem Jason this way at all, or set this up before Winick's arc. The suit looks exactly the same as when the last Wingman wore it, nothing's been adapted to scream "Red Hood"! It's probably Superman. A meta pretending to be a regular ol' vigilante is the only thing missing from Morrison's arc. Really wouldn't surprise me if it's Clark and this is how he can get involved in Inc as an ace in the hole. As other people pointed out, Morrison likes to do the guess who's behind the mask shtick,  see Xorn or Sexton. No way this is Jason though.  

#16 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't even kept up with Batman Inc. I think its a lame story. I might have to check this out now. Damn you guys for showing me this. lol.

#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (13613 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
" It's probably Superman or something. I really doubt they'd redeem Jason this way at all, or set this up before Winick's arc. The suit looks exactly the same as when the last Wingman wore it, nothing's been adapted to scream "Red Hood"! It's probably Superman. A meta pretending to be a regular ol' vigilante is the only thing missing from Morrison's arc. Really wouldn't surprise me if it's Clark and this is how he can get involved in Inc as an ace in the hole. As other people pointed out, Morrison likes to do the guess who's behind the mask shtick,  see Xorn or Sexton. No way this is Jason though.  
"
You know,the mask does have a JPV vibe to it.
#18 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it also has a Robocop, Knight, Owlman, or Prometheus vibe to it. Also...a Batman vibe. Bwahaha. Everyone's just gonna see what they want to. 

What do I really get out of all this?

"Who does Batman take with him on dates?"
"Wingman"

Christ I kill me.
#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (13613 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine Jason dressed up like that though.priceless.

#20 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason killed like100 people in the comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.