Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Making a Case for Jason Todd

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#201  Edited By entropy_aegis

As for jason he wont make it in DC if it were MARVEL then maybe he would have been treated like punisher or logan but here he's going to get his A$$ kicked everytime he tries to cause trouble and his brand of justice really annoys me,even after getting whooped by flamingo he doesnt understand that his methods would bring more harm than good.

flamingo kicking jasons A$$
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#202  Edited By Final Arrow

fixed

spankymac314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By spankymac314

I can't wait to see where he goes, in any case. Todd's one of my favorite DC characters, so I hope he gets a great story in the near future.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#204  Edited By daredevil21134

me too
    ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By ComiCCloseup
    @entropy_aegis:
    has there been any mention of flamingo showing up again anytime soon?
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By daredevil21134

I hope not
    Arkham J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Arkham J

ideas for Jason Todds story. 

Good guy - as its was hinted that Cassandra Cain might be taking the mantle of Nightwing, Jason Todd could take the mantle of the Nightwing's Kryptonain counterpart Flamebird. Jason would don the leather jacket as well as the red domino mask and would team up with Cassandra under the guidance of Batman Inc. 

Bad guy: Join the new Titans aka Slade's Titans. What better way to piss off Dick and Bruce than to team with Dick's former rival and to be trained my him. Jason would keep the name Red Hood. plus Roy and Jason would be a badass team up =]

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#208  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Arkham J: O_O
    Arkham J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Arkham J
    @Primmaster64: too fan boy? or decent ideas haha
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Arkham J: Icould see the bad one happening I guess...not sure about the good one.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By daredevil21134

yeah
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Final Arrow: What is fix mister Arrow?
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#213  Edited By Final Arrow
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @Final Arrow: What is fix mister Arrow? "

some blogs get stuck at the top of the forums , it happens now and again and they dont become unstuck until someone post in them again. hence fix
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By daredevil21134

ohhhhhhhhh
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Final Arrow: I see...Well that's weird I didn't recieve a reply message
    Darknight87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Darknight87

After watching Under the Red Hood on dvd I became a huge Jason Todd fan and afterwards got and read the Battle for the Cowl arc. Jason to me is in many ways more interesting than even Bruce Wayne himself. Jason is more of the imbodiment of how most of us regular people would behave in the situation and Bruce,Dick and so on represent the great moral standards that surpass most normal human minds. Jason is the guy who you almost want to see as a hero but also love where he stands at the moment

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Darknight87 said:
    "After watching Under the Red Hood on dvd I became a huge Jason Todd fan and afterwards got and read the Battle for the Cowl arc. Jason to me is in many ways more interesting than even Bruce Wayne himself. Jason is more of the imbodiment of how most of us regular people would behave in the situation and Bruce,Dick and so on represent the great moral standards that surpass most normal human minds. Jason is the guy who you almost want to see as a hero but also love where he stands at the moment "

agreed
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#218  Edited By Zoom
    @Big:
    D-Man is another worthless character that shouldn't be compared to the likes of Achilles.  It was a joke, saying comparing Todd to epic heroes is ridiculous. 

You're right.  "Nobody" is an exaggeration.  I should have said "nobody with good taste." 

As for people buying all his appearances (bwahahaha you bought Countdown.  You payed money for Countdown to see Jason Todd lolololololol), well that just goes back to the thing about Jason Todd fans having bad taste. 

The movie was actually not that bad because it ignored a lot of what was bad about Jason Todd's resurrection as well as cutting out most of the bad appearances in recent books.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Primmaster64

-___-...wow that's just sad.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Zoom said:
    "@Big: D-Man is another worthless character that shouldn't be compared to the likes of Achilles.  It was a joke, saying comparing Todd to epic heroes is ridiculous.  You're right.  "Nobody" is an exaggeration.  I should have said "nobody with good taste."  As for people buying all his appearances (bwahahaha you bought Countdown.  You payed money for Countdown to see Jason Todd lolololololol), well that just goes back to the thing about Jason Todd fans having bad taste.  The movie was actually not that bad because it ignored a lot of what was bad about Jason Todd's resurrection as well as cutting out most of the bad appearances in recent books. "

God would you give it up already dude, we already know you hate Jason Todd....and if your a loyal fan like most Jason Todd fans are you would buy a crappy story with him in it.....now your calling out Jason Todd fans saying we have bad taste, I don't know why your trolling, there no need to get personal
    Unwritten Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Unwritten Duck
    @danhimself said:
    " I feel like Jason was the one mistake of Morrison's run on Batman and Robin....he very nearly ruined the character....I think Winnick writes Jason perfectly and I would love to see Winnick writing a Jason Todd ongoing...but he'll need to retconn the balding, redheaded, fish bowl wearing mistake that Morrison made him into "
    amen
    Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Grubich

How 'bout we make Jason a White Lantern Batman in some what-if story where the white lantern power battery was really brought him back to life ?
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By daredevil21134

that was random
    Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Grubich
    @daredevil21134:
    yeah, but think of the possibilities the story could have.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By daredevil21134

i see
    Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Grubich

Actually, now that I think of it, with all his hatred for Joker and anger towards Bruce I'm surprised no one has thought of him as a Red Lantern yet.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Grubich said:
    "Actually, now that I think of it, with all his hatred for Joker and anger towards Bruce I'm surprised no one has thought of him as a Red Lantern yet. "

good point
    taylorpalooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By taylorpalooza

give jason todd an identity and stick with it. i feel like every time i turn the page he is wearing a different mask...with all do respect. jason todd would make a pretty solid ongoing roll as a hero or anti-hero. whether it be as a part of Batman Inc., as part of some crime lord syndicate, or even somewhere inbetween (villain like persona with the best of intentions). whatever it may be, jason todd is up there on my list of favorite dc characters and deserves to have a comic panel to call his own in the DC Universe

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By daredevil21134
    @taylorpalooza said:
    "give jason todd an identity and stick with it. i feel like every time i turn the page he is wearing a different mask...with all do respect. jason todd would make a pretty solid ongoing roll as a hero or anti-hero. whether it be as a part of Batman Inc., as part of some crime lord syndicate, or even somewhere inbetween (villain like persona with the best of intentions). whatever it may be, jason todd is up there on my list of favorite dc characters and deserves to have a comic panel to call his own in the DC Universe "

agreed
    Soakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#230  Edited By Soakle
    @taylorpalooza: Agreed. That poor bloke has gone through so many masks and they just won't let him stick with one. I do hope they go with the Red Hood anti-hero one though when he eventually gets brought back, he was so much fun then.

I was re-reading Lost Days and Batman and Robin and the other thing that annoys me the most is how inconsistently the character has been written over the years. I loved how Winnick wrote the character and I just hope that the next lot of writers to take him on will keep that persona consistent (unlike Morrison) instead of making him from an angry young man who deals with his anger in a somewhat more calm manner in one instance to raging psycho in the next. I do hope he breaks out of prison soon since he's one of the best characters to come out of the Batfamily. 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By daredevil21134

yeah
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Soakle said:
    " @taylorpalooza: Agreed. That poor bloke has gone through so many masks and they just won't let him stick with one. I do hope they go with the Red Hood anti-hero one though when he eventually gets brought back, he was so much fun then. I was re-reading Lost Days and Batman and Robin and the other thing that annoys me the most is how inconsistently the character has been written over the years. I loved how Winnick wrote the character and I just hope that the next lot of writers to take him on will keep that persona consistent (unlike Morrison) instead of making him from an angry young man who deals with his anger in a somewhat more calm manner in one instance to raging psycho in the next. I do hope he breaks out of prison soon since he's one of the best characters to come out of the Batfamily.  "

Even winick has portrayed him as an angry young man,really why shouldnt he be angry. 
    regardless of my dislike of how winick destroys established characters,he is still the best man for the job when it comes to todd. 
    Just keep him away from dick and talia,same goes for morrison and jason.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "@Soakle said:
    " @taylorpalooza: Agreed. That poor bloke has gone through so many masks and they just won't let him stick with one. I do hope they go with the Red Hood anti-hero one though when he eventually gets brought back, he was so much fun then. I was re-reading Lost Days and Batman and Robin and the other thing that annoys me the most is how inconsistently the character has been written over the years. I loved how Winnick wrote the character and I just hope that the next lot of writers to take him on will keep that persona consistent (unlike Morrison) instead of making him from an angry young man who deals with his anger in a somewhat more calm manner in one instance to raging psycho in the next. I do hope he breaks out of prison soon since he's one of the best characters to come out of the Batfamily.  "
    Even winick has portrayed him as an angry young man,really why shouldnt he be angry. regardless of my dislike of how winick destroys established characters,he is still the best man for the job when it comes to todd. Just keep him away from dick and talia,same goes for morrison and jason. "

Thats Fair enough
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Primmaster64
    @entropy_aegis: :D
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @entropy_aegis: :D"
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By RedHoodsDen

To make Jason merely the cautionary tale [well we did that for 15 years] or even just the cliched hero gone bad who wants to be better than Batman [as with the last 6] would be a mistake because it really enables only one kind of story to be told with him, the "VS." arc. And we've done that repeatedly for 6 years, with safe to say, not one story as good as the original arc he reappeared in. We change costumes and we tell that same arc, not because that is all the character is capable of, but because DC has been short-sighted with the character, same as 21 years ago.Jason has been a catalyst for an event as opposed to a character. Either he challenges Bruce's morality or he challenges Grayson to the mantle of the Bat and the City, but that's about all. And it then comes to a point of how many times can you tell that story? And the answer is not many more. I honestly think the only twist left to the Jason vs. Batman schtick, as it is now in the typical 3 issue arc is "Red Hood: Crime Fighter Cult Leader". Jason with an army is probably the only place left to go if everything continues on the Bat-Baddy route for him.  

Ultimately, I think what has to be done is something in the vein of "Lost Days". That is, when Todd is not in Gotham, his morality toward crime once again makes sense. Somehow outside the city limits of Gotham, we don't flinch when a pedo gets shot in the head, perhaps because Batman is not right behind us to scream "Nooooooooooo!". Which is the point, I think. The character needs to be given space on his own and an opportunity to build a rogues gallery all his own, including maybe those he's unable to kill [an irony the member of the bat-family willing to kill his enemies, gets a bunch of metas for rogues that he can't]. Jason as a working clas vigilante who gets payback, for John Q. Public after the system has failed him  That I think could have legs.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "To make Jason merely the cautionary tale [well we did that for 15 years] or even just the cliched hero gone bad who wants to be better than Batman [as with the last 6] would be a mistake because it really enables only one kind of story to be told with him, the "VS." arc. And we've done that repeatedly for 6 years, with safe to say, not one story as good as the original arc he reappeared in. We change costumes and we tell that same arc, not because that is all the character is capable of, but because DC has been short-sighted with the character, same as 21 years ago.Jason has been a catalyst for an event as opposed to a character. Either he challenges Bruce's morality or he challenges Grayson to the mantle of the Bat and the City, but that's about all. And it then comes to a point of how many times can you tell that story? And the answer is not many more. I honestly think the only twist left to the Jason vs. Batman schtick, as it is now in the typical 3 issue arc is "Red Hood: Crime Fighter Cult Leader". Jason with an army is probably the only place left to go if everything continues on the Bat-Baddy route for him.   Ultimately, I think what has to be done is something in the vein of "Lost Days". That is, when Todd is not in Gotham, his morality toward crime once again makes sense. Somehow outside the city limits of Gotham, we don't flinch when a pedo gets shot in the head, perhaps because Batman is not right behind us to scream "Nooooooooooo!". Which is the point, I think. The character needs to be given space on his own and an opportunity to build a rogues gallery all his own, including maybe those he's unable to kill [an irony the member of the bat-family willing to kill his enemies, gets a bunch of metas for rogues that he can't]. Jason as a working clas vigilante who gets payback, for John Q. Public after the system has failed him  That I think could have legs. "

Well said my friend
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @Babs:  I have to say that you did one helluva job summarizing Jason up. With that said I love the character and hope that he will get to join the Bat Family. But not in the way everyone thinks. As the "clean up" guy that is in charge of the messy gritty jobs that Batman and co. can't be seen doing. Its the best way to get that acceptance that Jason has been looking for since his resurrection.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @Babs:  I have to say that you did one helluva job summarizing Jason up. With that said I love the character and hope that he will get to join the Bat Family. But not in the way everyone thinks. As the "clean up" guy that is in charge of the messy gritty jobs that Batman and co. can't be seen doing. Its the best way to get that acceptance that Jason has been looking for since his resurrection. "

I don't want him with the Batman Family
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#240  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @Babs:  I have to say that you did one helluva job summarizing Jason up. With that said I love the character and hope that he will get to join the Bat Family. But not in the way everyone thinks. As the "clean up" guy that is in charge of the messy gritty jobs that Batman and co. can't be seen doing. Its the best way to get that acceptance that Jason has been looking for since his resurrection. "
    Better yet, he kills the villains that are too dangerous to be left alive, *cough* Dr. Light *cough* and does it without anyone knowing about it.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By daredevil21134

qft
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By RedHoodJT

Exactly. I really just want him to have his own ongoing. It would be great to have my favorite character star in an ongoing. And I hate what Morrison did to him. I liked Morrison up until that point. It took no imagination for that costume of Jason's. None what so ever. And don't even get me started on the hair.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    "Exactly. I really just want him to have his own ongoing. It would be great to have my favorite character star in an ongoing. And I hate what Morrison did to him. I liked Morrison up until that point. It took no imagination for that costume of Jason's. None what so ever. And don't even get me started on the hair. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Todd is a fantastic character, the amount of crappy writing that have come his way over the years is shameful on dcs part. He's definitely the most interesting of batmans buds, and far superior to that overrated chump dick grayson.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By daredevil21134
    @kev17 said:
    "Jason Todd is a fantastic character, the amount of crappy writing that have come his way over the years is shameful on dcs part. He's definitely the most interesting of batmans buds, and far superior to that overrated chump dick grayson. "

lol agreed
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By entropy_aegis

Barbara Gordon needs to be recrippled,i vote bane.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Primmaster64

LOL Would the Lazarius Pit work on Barbara?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @kev17 said:
    "Jason Todd is a fantastic character, the amount of crappy writing that have come his way over the years is shameful on dcs part. He's definitely the most interesting of batmans buds, and far superior to that overrated chump dick grayson. "

While i can understand you liking todd more but superior?explain please.Cause grayson would floor him badly and toss him back to his grave.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "LOL Would the Lazarius Pit work on Barbara? "

She does'nt deserve it.Hopefully someone blows it up before she get's there.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By daredevil21134

When Dick & Jason fight its usually pretty even

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.