Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Love or Hate Jason Todd ?

• 123 results
    Shutdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Shutdown

@Deranged Midget: Like a boss.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By wessaari

@haven_born: ive heard people hate what lobdell did to starfire, and even dislike what he did to arsenal, but i really havent heard anyone complain to what he did to jason. to me what he's doing is the most logical thing; create a story involving Jason todd as the red hood without him going out for revenge against Batman. No one has done it since his rebirth. granted every story that Judd Winick did with Jason was Gold, and Morrison about destroyed his character, but its great to see Jason moving on, he is still hurt but he knows that everything he is doing up til issue 1 in Outlaws isnt helping him now. i love what Lobdell is doing with jason, and what he is doing with Starfire isnt that surprising and all i can say to lobdell about roy is to feature him more. give him an Arsenal story, its about time

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RedHoodJT

@wessaari: I agree one hundred percent. I think Lobdell is doing a great job with all three characters. But its really Jason's book. The others are just kinda there. At least for right now.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By daredevil21134

@wessaari said:

@haven_born: ive heard people hate what lobdell did to starfire, and even dislike what he did to arsenal, but i really havent heard anyone complain to what he did to jason. to me what he's doing is the most logical thing; create a story involving Jason todd as the red hood without him going out for revenge against Batman. No one has done it since his rebirth. granted every story that Judd Winick did with Jason was Gold, and Morrison about destroyed his character, but its great to see Jason moving on, he is still hurt but he knows that everything he is doing up til issue 1 in Outlaws isnt helping him now. i love what Lobdell is doing with jason, and what he is doing with Starfire isnt that surprising and all i can say to lobdell about roy is to feature him more. give him an Arsenal story, its about time

Epic post

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RedHoodJT

Just picked up Nightwing and Red Hood number 9

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By wessaari

@RedHoodJT: me too, im still deciding how to rate it. it was quite good, howd you like it

_Lucent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By _Lucent_

I like him, although I'm not a big fan.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RedHoodJT

@wessaari: I'm hoping to read it soon. I'm still at work. Luckily the comic store is right next to my work place. I was going to read it on my lunch hour but I got into a discussion with the person working at the comic store and another customer about The Dark Knight Rises and about Jason Todd as well. So I basically spent my whole lunch hour bull sh**ing. hahaha.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daredevil21134

@wessaari said:

@RedHoodJT: me too, im still deciding how to rate it. it was quite good, howd you like it

I didn't like it and I think because it had to do with the court of owls which I don't care for.I think Jason is at his best away from Gotham this issue to me proved it

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By oraclefyre

LOVE!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By z3ro180

@Kid_Omega_Prime: hears a reason Hes a badass

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By z3ro180

@wessaari: same Red hood and the outlaws is awesome also what do you think wil happen with starfire and jason in the futre like do you think they will have a run in with Grayson and your right roy needs his own story in the book.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RedHoodJT

I read it finally. I liked it. I loved how sarcastic toward Mr. Freeze he was that was hilarious. And I like him being back in Gotham. I think that it was a good thing. I would honestly like to see Jason and TIm team up sometime. I think it would make a great story.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By DarthShap

I really cannot answer. I do not mind the character but his characterization has been completely inconsistent ever since he came back. Every time he would leave a series for another, his characterization would change and all previous character development would disappear.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RedHoodJT

@DarthShap: Well to be fair to the character you can't blame that on him. Its the writer that makes him inconsistent. Lobdell is by far the best writer for the character. And before anyone says "What about WInick?" Yes Winick did a great job too. I just like the direction Lobdell took him now. Winick did a great job. He's the reason I like Jason again. But its the book thats out now that's made me like the character that much more.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DarthShap

@RedHoodJT said:

@DarthShap: Well to be fair to the character you can't blame that on him. Its the writer that makes him inconsistent. Lobdell is by far the best writer for the character. And before anyone says "What about WInick?" Yes Winick did a great job too. I just like the direction Lobdell took him now. Winick did a great job. He's the reason I like Jason again. But its the book thats out now that's made me like the character that much more.

I am not blaming the character. I am saying I do not know the character because he has no consistenty in his characterization.

I read Winick's, Johns', Jones' (Nightwing), Countdown's, Winick again (Red Hood: Lost Days), Daniel's, Morrison's and none of them could stay consistent with what came before and I just do not see how I could like a character when his character development makes absolutely no sense.

And I have to disagree about Winick. Sure, under the Red Hood was good (except for its dumb conclusion) but Red Hood: Lost Days was just awful. It did not do anything for the character, we learnt absolutely nothing and the story was just completely uninteresting.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RedHoodJT

@DarthShap: I enjoyed the Lost Days arc. But for the simple fact that it was the only book out at the time that was only about Jason. But Lobdell does a good job of keeping his characterization consistent. I don't know if you have been reading Red Hood and the Outlaws but its good. And he is consistent. If you haven't read any of it you should give it a shot.

syoungkeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By syoungkeezy

@god_spawn: same here personally we all think that batman should do away with joker but for reason he gets a butt hurt bout it(talkin bout batman)

powerrobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By powerrobot

The kid is cool ...he the second robin and i find he is better than the next two ...look the kid wasnt like this ,yes befor he stole batman wheels and hit him with a wheel spanner but he was just a kid with no trianning,god knows where his perents was .but you cant blame it all on him .i blame the joker .and the kid was right .batman should have put joker to rest ,you said you dont like murder but joker is killing all this guy familly and other and the evil piece of shit worship there grave on top of it ......lol its funny that batman got three reds in the familly (RED X as Dick Grayson,Red Hood as Jason Todd and Red Robin as Tim Drake)

lantern8685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lantern8685

I think he used to be a total screw loose, but, since his New52 makeover, I've come to like him. He's finally starting to put the Joker and his unavenged death behind him, though he still has issues with Batman, and he's become more anti-hero than nutball murderer, especially with Arsenal and Starfire at his side. His Bat issues make things interesting but he's not so obsessed with it now. He's still a killer but slowly he's starting to come around, like when he gave that fatass suzie villain a chance to move on instead of just pulling his gun and capping her without hesitation. He still killed her, but, he gave her a chance first, more than he did for most of his enemies.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By daredevil21134

Its funny how much people like him now.Seeing as how bad he used to be hated, especially here on CV.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By KainScion

i've always had love the character. why stop now?

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Funrush

I liked him until after the Under The Hood story. Under The Hood IMO was the last good Todd story pre-Flashpoint.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By htb106

I like Jason Todd

serfdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By serfdom

love him new 52

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By Zdaybreak

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Ok there are plenty of resons I don't like Jason. He Kills, Steals, Lies and he is a counter to everything Batman stands for. Plus he Shot Damian Wayne. Anyway is there any good things to say about Jason ? I need some good points ?

Jason was an adorable robin pre-crisis, and the actions he took before he died was touching.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Plus he Shot Damian Wayne.

this only makes me hate him less. Though my hate still remains almost complete.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By daredevil21134

All caste

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By sethysquare

love

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By VenomousDragon

I like jason.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By X9

I like him, though he gets on my nerves sometimes and is far from being one of my favorite characters.

About the shot he took in Damian... well, Damian is a kid, he's a 20 years old grown man. I can only call it disproportionate. And ridiculous ¬¬

Avatar image for scribblescribbledot
    scribblescribbledot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason came across kind of creepy in Grant Morrisons Batman and Robin. In other storylines he has been a very sympathetic villain (which is good. It adds depth to a story). His morality is skewed (but so is batman's, even if it's not to the extent of Jason's) but when he's out of Gotham he's of doing more good than harm, and again the whole getting killed by the joker and then feeling as if he wasn't loved enough to be avenged, makes him a relatable. I believe that most people hope their love them and would truly miss them if they were gone. Jason's Idea of that scenario did not come true and he's a bit crazy because of thart (and other things).

I tend to like Jason as character (and think all he needs is a hug)

Linore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Linore

@scribblescribbledot: I so agree with all that Jason has been through I just want to give him a nice hug. I like him the most out of the bat fam besides batman himself lol

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love him for this reason.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Ok there are plenty of resons I don't like Jason. He Kills, Steals, Lies and he is a counter to everything Batman stands for. Plus he Shot Damian Wayne. Anyway is there any good things to say about Jason ? I need some good points ?

You just said all the good things.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By daredevil21134

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

You just said all the good things.

lol

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87  Edited By RainEffect

When he was first introduced, I hated him. But now Lobdell has taken over him, made him forget about his Batman/Joker hatred, I actually like him. He's a cool character and, to me, somewhat resembles the Winter Soldier - whom I adore.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By daredevil21134

@RainEffect said:

When he was first introduced, I hated him. But now Lobdell has taken over him, made him forget about his Batman/Joker hatred, I actually like him. He's a cool character and, to me, somewhat resembles the Winter Soldier - whom I adore.

Awsome

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By RainEffect
    @daredevil21134: Yeah man, I've come to realize now why people like him so much. He's got that loner/outcast mentality, but deep down, he just wants to feel secure in his identity and feel as though he has a place to call home and, dare I say, a family to call his own.
    Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90  Edited By Suprman

I was personally never a big fan of Jason Todd and I don't see that changing in the near future. No offense to people who do like him I just was never a fan.

Avatar image for scribblescribbledot
    scribblescribbledot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Linore: yay my character analysis wasn't in vain :)

haven_born

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By haven_born

@wessaari: I'm not all that crazy about what Lobdell has done with Jason, in the long run. I'm honestly just happy that he's in a book and he's part of the main cast. Not a villain or a cameo, but actually in the title. It's nice. That being said I hope they give Outlaws to someone else, soon. Lobdell has officially said that he never makes plans for plot and I would like something a little more solid and planned out for all of them. Definitely a GOOD Roy story, that would be excellent. And I reckon Starfire has a lot to work with and should be a writer's dream, but she's just used badly. Here's hoping!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

I absolutely love Jason. No doubt.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By daredevil21134

@haven_born said:

@wessaari: I'm not all that crazy about what Lobdell has done with Jason, in the long run. I'm honestly just happy that he's in a book and he's part of the main cast. Not a villain or a cameo, but actually in the title. It's nice. That being said I hope they give Outlaws to someone else, soon. Lobdell has officially said that he never makes plans for plot and I would like something a little more solid and planned out for all of them. Definitely a GOOD Roy story, that would be excellent. And I reckon Starfire has a lot to work with and should be a writer's dream, but she's just used badly. Here's hoping!

Maybe Judd Winick might get it

haven_born

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By haven_born

@daredevil21134: Oh man, that would be ideal. I would love to get Snyder on a Jason story as well; Gotham is just as much Jason's as it is Bruce's. It'd be nice to see that side to his character.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By daredevil21134

@haven_born said:

@daredevil21134: Oh man, that would be ideal. I would love to get Snyder on a Jason story as well; Gotham is just as much Jason's as it is Bruce's. It'd be nice to see that side to his character.

Synder did say he wants to write Jason

haven_born

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By haven_born

@daredevil21134: I would love for that to happen. I'd actually love for Snyder to write for all the Batfamily. He's mentioned doing more Cassandra and Stephanie as soon as DC's ready to run their stories again. But Jason? Yes please. A million times, yes.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By daredevil21134

@haven_born said:

@daredevil21134: I would love for that to happen. I'd actually love for Snyder to write for all the Batfamily. He's mentioned doing more Cassandra and Stephanie as soon as DC's ready to run their stories again. But Jason? Yes please. A million times, yes.

Hell Yeah

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

I actually Like him more than Dick.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By RainEffect
    @ReVamp said:

@ReVamp said:

I absolutely love Jason. No doubt.

*Fiddles with sarcasm detector*

CAN'T TELL IF HE'S LYING OR NOT.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.