Love or Hate Jason Todd ?

• 123 results
#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok there are plenty of resons I don't like Jason. He Kills, Steals, Lies and he is a counter to everything Batman stands for. Plus he Shot Damian Wayne. Anyway is there any good things to say about Jason ? I need some good points ?

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13058 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him.

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (37372 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him. He shot Damian Wayne. He's better now since Lobdell took over and he is finally over the Joker/Batman fiasco.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him more than Batman, imo.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37372 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

As do I.

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@mr.obvious said:

As do I.

You're awesome <3

#8 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

he's cool and very interesting character.

#9 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow alot of people like Jason. Ok but so far nobody has giving me any points on the thing he did as why people like him ? I like to know the good stuff he did ?

#10 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Hated him as Robin in the 80s, love him as the Red Hood (except when Morrison is writing him).

#11 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9584 posts) - - Show Bio

He shot Damian, since i hate that kid i love Jason, i just hope he shot Damian again.

#12 Posted by webofthornns (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think I was going to like the character and only picked up his series because of Arsenal and Starfire, at this point, Jason has become my favorite character of the three.

#13 Edited by VenomousDragon (843 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont read alot of DC so I dont know him well from the comics, but I liked him in the movie "Under the red hood" does that count?

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16304 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Jason Todd.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him when he's not being a psycho.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

He's my favorite Dc character

#17 Posted by haven_born (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I get it that people don't like Jason, and I definitely get why people hate what Lobdell did to his character, but I adore him. I like when he's a psycho, when he's trying not to be, when he's ginger, when he's a beefcake killer, in the pill-helmet costume and with the motorcycle fetish one. He's a tortured character, and it's easy to hate him when you forget everything he's been through. But once you take his history into account and really start reading him as a poor, confused kid trying to make sense of his crazy life, he starts growing on you.

#18 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that his pre-crisis version was adorable and loved to crack jokes. Even after being resurrected, Jason was a smart-alec at times, depending on the writer.

#19 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow its amazing that so many people like Jason. I'm not to crazy about him because I don't like murders. But if all you like him more power to you.

#20 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

love.him.

#21 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

Love him in Face the Face. Hate him in Morrison's Batman and Robin.

Jason is portrayed vastly differently from writer to writer. Some see him as crazy and homicidal...some see him as a guy who simply sees things more clearly than Bruce. I like the second interpretation.

#22 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Honestly. Yes Jason kills. But lets be honest. All of the people that Batman refuses to kill have come out of Arkham and guess what they kill more people. I get that they can't kill off people because it would be hard to write a story bringing that person back but lets be honest. If you have kids or want kids would you be ok with a child molester getting put in jail knowing that he's already escaped every time he's put there or would you feel better knowing someone just plugged him straight in the dome piece? I myself have a son and I would feel better knowing that he was shot and killed than put in jail just to escape again.

Jason now does kill but he does it more gracefully. In my opinion. And his character has grown up from what he was when he came back. He now has better and more important things to think about than his hatred for the Joker or for Bruce. He no longer wants to get revenge. As a matter of fact in this new story arc he will be helping the Bat family out. I'm curious to know just how this is going to go.

#23 Posted by daredevil21134 (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedHoodJT said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Honestly. Yes Jason kills. But lets be honest. All of the people that Batman refuses to kill have come out of Arkham and guess what they kill more people. I get that they can't kill off people because it would be hard to write a story bringing that person back but lets be honest. If you have kids or want kids would you be ok with a child molester getting put in jail knowing that he's already escaped every time he's put there or would you feel better knowing someone just plugged him straight in the dome piece? I myself have a son and I would feel better knowing that he was shot and killed than put in jail just to escape again.

Jason now does kill but he does it more gracefully. In my opinion. And his character has grown up from what he was when he came back. He now has better and more important things to think about than his hatred for the Joker or for Bruce. He no longer wants to get revenge. As a matter of fact in this new story arc he will be helping the Bat family out. I'm curious to know just how this is going to go.

You have a son?

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm conflicted, I hate the Punisher...and he pretty much does everything that the Punisher does...however he does have some redeeming qualities..especially in the New 52, him offering to let that murderer who was after him live since he ruined her life, his close bond with Tim, his love/hate for Bruce...I'm on the fence about Jason Todd.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
Why are u talking abt the punisher? lol. i love jason todd btw

@The Stegman:

#26 Posted by The Stegman (23184 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare: I was comparing the two, I dislike the Punisher because he kills criminals, same as Jason, however Jason..I dunno, I like parts of him.
#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@sethysquare: I was comparing the two, I dislike the Punisher because he kills criminals, same as Jason, however Jason..I dunno, I like parts of him.

Jason has a charming personality lol

#28 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3868 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

He shot Damian, since i hate that kid i love Jason, i just hope he shot Damian again.

^^this

#29 Posted by The Stegman (23184 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:  

@The Stegman said:

That's one of the things I like about him, lol, honestly, having a good personality can allow you to get away with a lot.
#30 Posted by daredevil21134 (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@daredevil21134:

@The Stegman said:

That's one of the things I like about him, lol, honestly, having a good personality can allow you to get away with a lot.

Yup,I agree

#31 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yup sure do.

And Jason does have a great personality. He has that charm that people want from a character. But he also has a serious side. I think of him in a lot of ways of being split right down the middle with Bruce and Dick. He has the charm of Dick with the attitude of Bruce. People loved Batman and Robin for that charm and brooding factor. And now you have it with one person. Its kinda cool.

And he's nothing like the punisher. Yes he kills criminals whoopdie do. They're bad guys who cares if they live or die? If they didn't want that to happen they should have chosen a better life style. But he dosen't make it his sole mission to go out of his way to kill every mob boss in the city. If he did then yes he would be the punisher.

#32 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

He's one of my favorite characters of all time. Red Hood and the Outlaws is one of my favorite books being put out right now, and that is in no small part due to Jason.

#33 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved him when he had the whole lost days mini but then when he became a redhead again I hated him but now he is back in my good graces lol

#34 Posted by b3n8m3 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Muderer? Jason kills . . . Villians. while Bruce avoids killing he has more than one life on his hands. Jason is no worse than Bruce, he just has over a decade of psychological issues half of wich involve his "resurection", ras ahl goul, and Batman directly

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely love Jason. No doubt.

#36 Posted by John Valentine (16304 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I absolutely love Jason. No doubt.

Completely agree.

#37 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

I like him.

#38 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: I hate now that he is alive. Liked him dead because he was the one clear failling Batman had. it gave Batman a reminder that what he does is never going to be mess free.also it gave Joker a very personal act to taunt batman about. in effect the joker killed batman's "son".

#39 Posted by Ladyspider (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jason Todd. I think the problem with the character is that after his death a lot of writers and editors wanted to blame the victim which is the wrong thing to do. I meant you had characters going out of there way to say that Jason didn't know what he was doing or flashbacks showing Jason to be violent and reckless. And now you have a bunch of writers who have either read or worked on those issues talking about Jason, that are spreading the myth that Jason was a bad Robin.Plus Under the Red Hood is not that great of a story.

#40 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ladyspider: How was Under the Red Hood not a good story? It was the story that got me to start buying DC comics again. I had been Marvel exclusive for a very long time. Then that story came out and blew my mind. At which I decided to start buying both books from Marvel and DC. Now I only buy from DC because Marvel is seriously lacking in the story and grabbing the readers attention aspect of things.

#41 Posted by ChillinVillain (140 posts) - - Show Bio

I like very interesting villains/anti-heroes with good development and backstory and especially when they use to be heroes.

I've always liked Jason, because unlike the other Robins (at least before Damian) Jason wasn't the campy little sidekick that did everything he was told. It added another element to Batman in the lack of control he had over him. What they're doing with Damian could've been done with Jason if he lived long enough.

I hope they introduce him in Young Justice season 2 or 3 seeing as Tim is already Robin at this point.

#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really care for Jason Todd.

#43 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9584 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Love it or Hate it?

Is what this is about, that one is not an option.

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Love it or Hate it?

I neither "love" nor "hate" Jason Todd, I merely care little for him.

#45 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason is one of my favorite characters.

#46 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9584 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Love it or Hate it?

I neither "love" nor "hate" Jason Todd, I merely care little for him.

So they give you option a and optin b and you take the option c?

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Yes.

#48 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

He's okay.

#49 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd is awesome but he really needs a better costume... That red hood looks stupid

#50 Posted by BlackPookie (624 posts) - - Show Bio

He certainly aint boring...

I kinda never liked trouble makers but you know... I dont judge people for that... cuz I know he has been through a lot so its understandble....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.