Let's Ask For A Red Hood Series

• 119 results
#1 Edited by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Real simple. DC's resurrected the letters to the editor's page. So there's an opportunity to get out the love for Jason Todd to the DC staff and remind them there's a presence out there that wants more than the occasional Winick mini.  Drop them a line and ask for a Red Hood series at:  http://www.dccomics.com/sites/dcletterspage/  under the Batman editorial

What harm could it do? Winick already claims they're interested in more Red Hood. Maybe enough lines dropped to the staff could make a mini into a regular.

#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio

ok then
#3 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Easier than the postcard mail-in some fans tried before anyway. 

#4 Edited by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:

"Easier than the postcard mail-in some fans tried before anyway.  "

Yes it is i filled it out easily
#5 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorite characters is Jason Todd.. soo for sure I want more  RedHood /Batman /Whatever he want to wear .. as long as its Jason Todd

He was the Robin I grew up reading about back in the mid 80`s!

He was an amazing Robin people don`t give him enough credit

#6 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds good

#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@KidSupreme said:
"One of my favorite characters is Jason Todd.. soo for sure I want more  RedHood /Batman /Whatever he want to wear .. as long as its Jason Todd  He was the Robin I grew up reading about back in the mid 80`s!  He was an amazing Robin people don`t give him enough credit "

QFT
#8 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah
#10 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

This was something that was asked about when Red Hood: Lost Days was coming out.  If I remember correctly, DC's response to that was "villains don't get their own books" or "villains don't get their own series". 

Let me reiterate that in picture form in case anyone missed it: 

VILLAINS DON'T GET THEIR OWN BOOKS/SERIES!!!
Frankly, the hypocrisy of saying that Red Hood shouldn't get his own series because he's a villain is just ridiculous.
#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187 said:
"This was something that was asked about when Red Hood: Lost Days was coming out.  If I remember correctly, DC's response to that was "villains don't get their own books" or "villains don't get their own series". 

Frankly, the hypocrisy of saying that Red Hood shouldn't get his own series because he's a villain is just ridiculous. "

Your right bro
#12 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny, Judd Winick himself was asked that question and I don't know if his reply was tongue in cheek or just a bit of frustration with his editors or what, since he's been the one to push for more things that include Jason (JLI: Gen Lost originally was supposed to be Generation Lost and would include Jason and Connor Hawke on a team).  
Here's what Winick said (and it's actually kind of hilarious):  
 Another fan asked about the future of Jason Todd. “I think we can all say comfortably that Jason Todd will be staying around,” Winick said. “He won’t have his own book.” The writer joked that villains shouldn’t have their own book, but when a fan pointed out that Simone writes a book with six villains, Winick said they’re looking for five other Jason Todds. “We called it ‘Jason Todd and Friends’ for a month. But it sounded weird.    via  http://fuckyeahjasontodd.tumblr.com/page/28#1526770765   
And we also know that Judd's said he's writing more Jason...  
   And I can’t talk too much about it, but I’ve been getting a tremendous amount of email about Red Hood, after the mini-series finished up. People want to know if we’re going to do more.  Yes, we’re going to do more Jason Todd/Red Hood. And yes, I’ll be writing it. I can’t tell you in what manner. Or what we’re doing exactly, but we’ll be announcing it soon. There will be some Jason Todd stuff coming out.”    via Newsarama (links here  http://fuckyeahjasontodd.tumblr.com/page/2#2827442025) .... but he said this 2 months ago and we haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if they are waiting for JLI Gen Lost to finish up before announcing anything??? Though he said they would be announcing it soon. Soon to me isn't really two months or more... 

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
"It's funny, Judd Winick himself was asked that question and I don't know if his reply was tongue in cheek or just a bit of frustration with his editors or what, since he's been the one to push for more things that include Jason (JLI: Gen Lost originally was supposed to be Generation Lost and would include Jason and Connor Hawke on a team).  
Here's what Winick said (and it's actually kind of hilarious):  
 Another fan asked about the future of Jason Todd. “I think we can all say comfortably that Jason Todd will be staying around,” Winick said. “He won’t have his own book.” The writer joked that villains shouldn’t have their own book, but when a fan pointed out that Simone writes a book with six villains, Winick said they’re looking for five other Jason Todds. “We called it ‘Jason Todd and Friends’ for a month. But it sounded weird.    via  http://fuckyeahjasontodd.tumblr.com/page/28#1526770765   
And we also know that Judd's said he's writing more Jason...  
   And I can’t talk too much about it, but I’ve been getting a tremendous amount of email about Red Hood, after the mini-series finished up. People want to know if we’re going to do more.  Yes, we’re going to do more Jason Todd/Red Hood. And yes, I’ll be writing it. I can’t tell you in what manner. Or what we’re doing exactly, but we’ll be announcing it soon. There will be some Jason Todd stuff coming out.”    via Newsarama (links here  http://fuckyeahjasontodd.tumblr.com/page/2#2827442025) .... but he said this 2 months ago and we haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if they are waiting for JLI Gen Lost to finish up before announcing anything??? Though he said they would be announcing it soon. Soon to me isn't really two months or more...  "

I don't know whats gonna happen now
#14 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood's an anti-hero, not a villain. It's like saying Punisher shouldn't have his own series.

#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
"Red Hood's an anti-hero, not a villain. It's like saying Punisher shouldn't have his own series. "
Actually whether he's an antihero or villian comes to motivation,not actions.punisher wants to punish criminals,todd wants to punish superheroes(specifically batfamily).killing a few mooks does'nt make you an antihero. 
bane,deadshot and some others do it all the time. 
jason is not a hero,antihero or even a villian,he's an antivillian.
@daredevil21134:
HMMM,they really said that villians would not get their own comic? 
secret six,and current titans would disagree.
#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:
When written correctly he's anti hero
#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
"@entropy_aegis: When written correctly he's anti hero "

I personally thnik he's an antivillian,even winick has written him as such.
#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"@daredevil21134 said:
"@entropy_aegis: When written correctly he's anti hero "
I personally thnik he's an antivillian,even winick has written him as such.
everybody has thier opinion lol
#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187 said:
" This was something that was asked about when Red Hood: Lost Days was coming out.  If I remember correctly, DC's response to that was "villains don't get their own books" or "villains don't get their own series". 

Frankly, the hypocrisy of saying that Red Hood shouldn't get his own series because he's a villain is just ridiculous. "
I wouldnt exactly call him a villain
#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@dementedtheclown said:
" @jakob187 said:
" This was something that was asked about when Red Hood: Lost Days was coming out.  If I remember correctly, DC's response to that was "villains don't get their own books" or "villains don't get their own series". 

I wouldnt exactly call him a villain "

@dementedtheclown:
agreed
#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we retcon the red hair?

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
"Can we retcon the red hair? "

i know please
#23 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always surprised when people claim a character has a SOLE motivation. Jason is about revenge...alone. He's also about eradicating crime in Gotham.  He just won't kill the Joker since his dad threw a batarang into his neck to keep the Joker alive. Which...frankly...sounds sane actually.  
"This is your problem now, Bruce and I'll kill every  scumbag but him if you like having him around so much to keep you in business."  

The same way Bruce is about self persecution and eradicating crime in Gotham, otherwise he'd ask Wally West to just do a few more run-throughs/ 

People do stuff, basically/ 

That said, he's an antihero. And he's their premier anti-hero and it's time to admit it. 

Who wrote a letter? 

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"I'm always surprised when people claim a character has a SOLE motivation. Jason is about revenge...alone. He's also about eradicating crime in Gotham.  He just won't kill the Joker since his dad threw a batarang into his neck to keep the Joker alive. Which...frankly...sounds sane actually.  "This is your problem now, Bruce and I'll kill every  scumbag but him if you like having him around so much to keep you in business."  The same way Bruce is about self persecution and eradicating crime in Gotham, otherwise he'd ask Wally West to just do a few more run-throughs/  People do stuff, basically/  That said, he's an antihero. And he's their premier anti-hero and it's time to admit it.  Who wrote a letter?  "

Amen.....I wrote a letter
#25 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

We need a new Red Hood ongoing... maybe involve him in a team with Donna Troy, like Titans, but a main series with him starring would be sick...

#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanary said:
"We need a new Red Hood ongoing... maybe involve him in a team with Donna Troy, like Titans, but a main series with him starring would be sick... "

Hell yeah dude
#28 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

So what's everyone think of them auctioning off the crowbar in the latest 'Tec? I always find stuff like this such bad taste, even in fiction lol

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"So what's everyone think of them auctioning off the crowbar in the latest 'Tec? I always find stuff like this such bad taste, even in fiction lol "

idc really
#30 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen: Actually I thought the story was really well written. I felt like Dick getting rid of the crowbar was a good way to get rid of the negative symbol it represents -- focus on the person, who is now alive and more important.  Dick is different from Bruce, he doesn't obsessively keep things to remind him of his guilt.  
Though I can just imagine Jason's reaction to it being thrown in the river -- feeling like one more part of him that didn't matter to them when that's all he's ever wanted. 
So I'm hoping this means we'll get to see Jason soon...
#31 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
" @RedHoodsDen: Actually I thought the story was really well written. I felt like Dick getting rid of the crowbar was a good way to get rid of the negative symbol it represents -- focus on the person, who is now alive and more important.  Dick is different from Bruce, he doesn't obsessively keep things to remind him of his guilt.  
Though I can just imagine Jason's reaction to it being thrown in the river -- feeling like one more part of him that didn't matter to them when that's all he's ever wanted. 
So I'm hoping this means we'll get to see Jason soon... "

When did this happen
#32 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134: Detective 872-873 -- really great arc right now being written by Scott Snyder. Definitely worth buying. 
#33 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat: Jason is in the arc?
#34 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: No, just the Crowbar used in his death. I wish he was though!!! 
#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
" @Primmaster64: No, just the Crowbar used in his death. I wish he was though!!!  "

ok cool
#36 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it was mildly horrible staring at the crowbar that killed him, drenched in his blood, being auctioned off. Grayson retrieved it though.

#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"Yeah it was mildly horrible staring at the crowbar that killed him, drenched in his blood, being auctioned off. Grayson retrieved it though. "

Yhank God for that
#38 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen:  
Wrote a letter.
#39 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grubich:
good job
#40 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm proud.

#41 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
" Yeah it was mildly horrible staring at the crowbar that killed him, drenched in his blood, being auctioned off. Grayson retrieved it though. "
I just want you to read my name, and know... I am Jason Todd's greatest enemy.
#42 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone written any letters? DC does have a new easier format for doing so now.  http://www.dccomics.com/sites/dcletterspage/  
I wrote one a couple of weeks ago that was basically asking where is Jason, Cass Cain and Mia Dearden. If you are writing letters, please let me know.  I'm one of the mods at fuckyeahjasontodd.tumblr.com and we do have 630-plus followers, and he's an incredibly popular character in the Tumblr comics community, so I know many of them who would be willing to join in on a letter writing campaign.  Or if you've already written one, maybe send it on in to the blog, it might encourage other fans to write a letter, too. 

And... seriously, where in the world is Jason???? It's been two months since Judd had that interview with Newsarama where he said they were going to announce he would be writing more Jason soon. Two months doesn't seem like soon to me. Do you think DC isn't going ahead with an announcement about Jason? Does anyone have any news...?

#43 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
"Has anyone written any letters? DC does have a new easier format for doing so now.  http://www.dccomics.com/sites/dcletterspage/  I wrote one a couple of weeks ago that was basically asking where is Jason, Cass Cain and Mia Dearden. If you are writing letters, please let me know.  I'm one of the mods at fuckyeahjasontodd.tumblr.com and we do have 630-plus followers, and he's an incredibly popular character in the Tumblr comics community, so I know many of them who would be willing to join in on a letter writing campaign.  Or if you've already written one, maybe send it on in to the blog, it might encourage other fans to write a letter, too.  And... seriously, where in the world is Jason???? It's been two months since Judd had that interview with Newsarama where he said they were going to announce he would be writing more Jason soon. Two months doesn't seem like soon to me. Do you think DC isn't going ahead with an announcement about Jason? Does anyone have any news...? "

I have a feelin that their backing out of whatever they promised Judd he can do,cause I haven't heard anything new yet
#44 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately I don't have any news however I am going to write a letter. As soon as I'm done with my stuff at work I will be able to get around the block they have on the website and write my letter. As for news on Jason I don't really believe that DC wouldn't go ahead with a character as popular as Jason is now. I just think that they are waiting for the Whole Gen Lost story arc to end so they can give a release date and/or time period when it will be out. At least that is my hopes. 

And like so many of you have said earlier in this thread. To not give Jason his own book due to the fact that he is a villain is preposterous. I, in no way shape or form, think he is a villain. And would love to see him in his own series. If Bane and the rest of the "Secret Six" can have their own book why can't Jason, who might I add has risen above the Secret Six in popularity.

#45 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Unfortunately I don't have any news however I am going to write a letter. As soon as I'm done with my stuff at work I will be able to get around the block they have on the website and write my letter. As for news on Jason I don't really believe that DC wouldn't go ahead with a character as popular as Jason is now. I just think that they are waiting for the Whole Gen Lost story arc to end so they can give a release date and/or time period when it will be out. At least that is my hopes.   And like so many of you have said earlier in this thread. To not give Jason his own book due to the fact that he is a villain is preposterous. I, in no way shape or form, think he is a villain. And would love to see him in his own series. If Bane and the rest of the "Secret Six" can have their own book why can't Jason, who might I add has risen above the Secret Six in popularity. "

I totally agree
#46 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT: Not only that, but like I said, he is SUPER popular in the Tumblr comics community and at Scans Daily and those are both mostly female (as well as LGBTQ, too) demographic. If they want to start opening up to that market and reaching new readers, this would be a great way of going about doing it.  

@daredevil21134:
 That's what a friend of mine keeps saying too since it's been two months since Judd said something to Newsarama. I am being a bit more optimistic and am hoping that since he's writing two books right now, they're waiting for JLI: Gen Lost to finish up. And I know lots of fans have been asking Fabian Nicieza if he'll write Jason in Red Robin, too.  
#47 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@georgethecat said:
" @RedHoodJT: Not only that, but like I said, he is SUPER popular in the Tumblr comics community and at Scans Daily and those are both mostly female (as well as LGBTQ, too) demographic. If they want to start opening up to that market and reaching new readers, this would be a great way of going about doing it.   

@daredevil21134:
 That's what a friend of mine keeps saying too since it's been two months since Judd said something to Newsarama. I am being a bit more optimistic and am hoping that since he's writing two books right now, they're waiting for JLI: Gen Lost to finish up. And I know lots of fans have been asking Fabian Nicieza if he'll write Jason in Red Robin, too.   "

lol.Are you saying that Jason Todd barely has any straight fans
#48 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Bare in mind something guys, the Lost Days was supposed to come out after Countdown...Countdown, not because of the movie. It just worked that they had a Red Hood project written to release with the movie when they did.  I do believe that mini-series was released because of a Red Hood postcard onslaught a lot of us at the DCO did, because quite simply, no movie tie-in previously was anything near a 6 issue mini-series; everything had been 1 month 1 shot of recycled material. Our voice is what I think moved  a back burner project forward.

I can tell you they were talking about a second mini for Jason before SDCC this year and that was before they started getting a lot of letters about Jason in response to TLD and the movie. I believe we'll see that for sure in 2011. What we can change, again, is whether that's a mini or if it can be a regular series. Make it known to DC, Jason is not a three issue arc bat-baddy. He's the premiere anti-hero vigilante of the DC Universe. And he can be the protagonist of an ongoing. He can fill a void DC has ignored. 

"When Justice Fails...Vengeance Arms Again His Red Right Hand"

#49 Posted by daredevil21134 (11473 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"Bare in mind something guys, the Lost Days was supposed to come out after Countdown...Countdown, not because of the movie. It just worked that they had a Red Hood project written to release with the movie when they did.  I do believe that mini-series was released because of a Red Hood postcard onslaught a lot of us at the DCO did, because quite simply, no movie tie-in previously was anything near a 6 issue mini-series; everything had been 1 month 1 shot of recycled material. Our voice is what I think moved  a back burner project forward. I can tell you they were talking about a second mini for Jason before SDCC this year and that was before they started getting a lot of letters about Jason in response to TLD and the movie. I believe we'll see that for sure in 2011. What we can change, again, is whether that's a mini or if it can be a regular series. Make it known to DC, Jason is not a three issue arc bat-baddy. He's the premiere anti-hero vigilante of the DC Universe. And he can be the protagonist of an ongoing. He can fill a void DC has ignored.  "When Justice Fails...Vengeance Arms Again His Red Right Hand" "

HELL YEAH DUDE
#50 Posted by georgethecat (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134: No? There are lots of straight men and women that love him. And there are queer men and women who love him, too. But let's face it, the bottom line is that DC needs to reach out to new readers to make money (comic sales have been falling -- in November, December and January, there hasn't been a single comic that's sold over 100,000 copies) and there are readers in these communities who love the character and who also happen to be a different demographic. There's a very, very viable female demographic that has a great deal of interest in the character.  

@RedHoodsDen
said:
" Bare in mind something guys, the Lost Days was supposed to come out after Countdown...Countdown, not because of the movie. It just worked that they had a Red Hood project written to release with the movie when they did.  I do believe that mini-series was released because of a Red Hood postcard onslaught a lot of us at the DCO did, because quite simply, no movie tie-in previously was anything near a 6 issue mini-series; everything had been 1 month 1 shot of recycled material. Our voice is what I think moved  a back burner project forward. I can tell you they were talking about a second mini for Jason before SDCC this year and that was before they started getting a lot of letters about Jason in response to TLD and the movie. I believe we'll see that for sure in 2011. What we can change, again, is whether that's a mini or if it can be a regular series. Make it known to DC, Jason is not a three issue arc bat-baddy. He's the premiere anti-hero vigilante of the DC Universe. And he can be the protagonist of an ongoing. He can fill a void DC has ignored.  "When Justice Fails...Vengeance Arms Again His Red Right Hand" "
Absolutely. Do you have any more details on the second mini talk pre-SDCC?? I do know DC revealed at Fan Expo in Toronto the original intention of JLI Gen Lost was to have Jason and Connor Hawke. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.