Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Judd Winick talks Jason Todd

• 58 results
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RedHoodJT

Can't wait man. I'm so excited for this to come out. Its gonna be pretty good. I noticed in there that Judd said Jason is a villain and jumps back and forth between villain and anti-hero. But I personally think that the only reason Jason is considered a villain at all is because his methods of killing criminals instead of just locking them up is unorthodox to most readers and of course to the supporting characters in any Batman story that has Jason in it. That is just my opinion. 

I can totally see where Judd is coming from on that note but I for one refuse to believe that Jason is anything other than an Anti-hero.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

Team up huh? Will it have the batgirls involve too? Its about time the whole Bat family met Jason.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "Team up huh? Will it have the batgirls involve too? Its about time the whole Bat family met Jason. "

agreed
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @daredevil21134: Oh Yeah
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedHoodsDen

You know what....? 

I don't think he's a character that "can't find his legs in the world" 

I think he's a character that has been doomed to 5 years of event filled drama and dreck. Yes, yes we get it. The Peyote God's take on Jason has to be valued by all with a DC employee ID #. Does Daniels? Bruce Jones? Does Countdown serve a pupose at all, aside from making me feel like a jerk for investing time and money in something that neither progressed the character, nor managed to entertain...for an entire year's 52 weeks?  It's not the fault of the strength of the character that Bruce Jones wrote the Nightwing arc he did. No one will say the Jason  vs. Tim fight was one of the weakest things Johns ever did in Teen Titans. Or that Tony Daniel shoehorned extreme child abuse into Jason Todd's life to justify what felt like coherent thought between issue 2 and raving psychotic behavior in issue 3. I don't treasure a single one of those comics. Can we own up to the fact that many of the decisions made by this company pissed away one of the biggest returns in comic books.?That while the return of one sidekick at another company turned in nearly 5 years of strong story telling, Jason's was phoned in by management past the initial concept and has been ever since?

No series, but maybe some juice for BnR, same as Nightwing, same as Teen Titans, same as Countdown. Spectacle with no substance. 
     The simple fact of the matter is, they choose to use Todd as a sales bump, nothing more. And that's what this is. A sales bump in what is a title losing its ooomph in a family of titles losing its oomph post Return. And why? Because they think I'll pick it up. 

Well this for me, might be the last time I play along. Because I'm getting bored. My emotional investment in character is not going to be in getting mad if they can get his Recreator to tow the company line that it's okay they flushed him down the toilet, because he should be directionless.  

Villain? Meh. Premiere Anti-Hero of the DCU he couldda been. I'm beginning to turn into one of those people who longs for his Robin memorial.  

And for the record, Grant didn't create Buddy Baker, but nobody's allowed to piss on his Animal Man.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedHoodsDen: Where you also refering to Bucky?
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Yep, where they built him up for 5 years so that basically you could do Winter Soldier, Agent of SHIELD as a title the minute he vacates the shield.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedHoodsDen: Bucky is awesome. I think Judd should have keep writing Jason like Ed did with Bucky.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedHoodsDen

We need directionless characters. 

Because obviously the titles we've given direction to, Azrael, Magog, Batman Confidential, Freedom Fighters, Doom Patrol, Rebels, JSA All Stars, Outsiders and the entire First Wave line have done so well.  The Legion has never been stronger.

Bring on the fuck-ups. the losers, the drifters, the slackers. We need Jason Todd to be an annual 3 issue arc and nothing more. BECAUSE THE ICONS CONTINUE TO THRIVE

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedHoodsDen: He should have his own comic or more appearances. Written by Judd or someone that understands Jason as Judd does.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @RedHoodsDen: Bucky is awesome. I think Judd should have keep writing Jason like Ed did with Bucky. "

Ed brought him back cause he had an actual story in mind.DC resurrected jason for no reason other than shock value ,but it was very well done(despite the stupid prime punch,which i blame on didio more so than winick). 
    but after that they had no clue what to do with him,they hired bruce jones to write a nightwing series on jason,but DC reversed it's decision to kill dick and then we got crap.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Judd had an actual story in mind. Under the Hood, was a year long arc and was decent. The problem is DC has become so geared towards trades that unless you are Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns, a 5 year story ain't gonna happen. The Red Hood should've started as a whisper a name of the street, a mystery spanning years before the showdown in Crime Alley. Instead, it was the arc til God came on to the show. 

See they did have a clue as to what to do with him but they continually as proven with the dreadful Bart Allen Flash series and West Family title lose their nerve to pull the trigger. Barry Allen was supposed to come back in not only Infinite Crisis but also the Lightning Saga with last minute changes occurring because of a lack of conviction. 

As with Jason who was supposed to be a dark nightwing, and later the darker Red Robin. DC has no follow-through. They need to grow a pair and admit that an anti-hero putting bad guys in body bags could be a good selling title for DC. 

Now, just as before, they will not admit their failings and rather pin it on a character who could be a success for them. Look at how we have whole interviews just about this character and yet we pretend he isn't big leagues in the bat-family.  

I may just be cracking up. There is a wholee fanbase who thinks Jason is a hero for decapitating crime. Literally, cutting off the heads of criminals. And we can' t convince these people to give him a monthly. 

I feel like I'm sane Charlie Sheen in a crazy world.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Judd had an actual story in mind. Under the Hood, was a year long arc and was decent. The problem is DC has become so geared towards trades that unless you are Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns, a 5 year story ain't gonna happen. The Red Hood should've started as a whisper a name of the street, a mystery spanning years before the showdown in Crime Alley. Instead, it was the arc til God came on to the show.  See they did have a clue as to what to do with him but they continually as proven with the dreadful Bart Allen Flash series and West Family title lose their nerve to pull the trigger. Barry Allen was supposed to come back in not only Infinite Crisis but also the Lightning Saga with last minute changes occurring because of a lack of conviction.  As with Jason who was supposed to be a dark nightwing, and later the darker Red Robin. DC has no follow-through. They need to grow a pair and admit that an anti-hero putting bad guys in body bags could be a good selling title for DC.  Now, just as before, they will not admit their failings and rather pin it on a character who could be a success for them. Look at how we have whole interviews just about this character and yet we pretend he isn't big leagues in the bat-family.   I may just be cracking up. There is a wholee fanbase who thinks Jason is a hero for decapitating crime. Literally, cutting off the heads of criminals. And we can' t convince these people to give him a monthly.  I feel like I'm sane Charlie Sheen in a crazy world. "

so true
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I'm cracking up. Anybody wanna do another propaganda run on DC for Jason? Take a step up from the postcard run we did last time... 

I have a plan...

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @RedHoodsDen: 
    I'd be down for it, can we first start by getting rid of his costumes and going back to biker?
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Meinos Kaen

"He’ll change outfits every time, so everyone keep score!"

YES!

georgethecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By georgethecat
    @Meinos Kaen said:
    " "He’ll change outfits every time, so everyone keep score!"  YES!  "
    Hahahahah I do hope that is Judd just joking xD 

Look. Everything I read in the interview sounded good and I'm excited for it. May can't come soon enough, frankly. But you have to remember what has happened to Jason post Under the Hood and not all of it was good. A lot of it wasn't. As a comic writer, Winick can't just ignore that stuff. He has to acknowledge it and write within those constraints.  
    Further to that, we're finally going to have Bruce and Jason talk again. It's been since Under the Hood and Bruce had left that ~lovely~ Obi wan Bruce message for Jason and that has to be dealt with.  
    Right now, I'm very happy to be getting in-character, well-written Jason in current continuity. Plus, being forced to fight with his family against a common enemy is something I've been waiting to see in the pages of BnR for awhile now. 
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @entropy_aegis:  For once you and I are in an agreement.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @RedHoodsDen: Bucky is awesome. I think Judd should have keep writing Jason like Ed did with Bucky. "

I hate Bucky
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen:  I'm down man keep me posted.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64

@ DD why do you hate Bucky?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "@ DD why do you hate Bucky? "

I never really liked him,but when he became Cap and hooked up with BW it made hate him
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @daredevil21134 said:
    "@Primmaster64 said:
    I never really liked him,but when he became Cap and hooked up with BW it made hate him "

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. 
    hope he banged natalia good and proper,now you know how i feel. 

just kidding,though i could'nt resist.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "@daredevil21134 said:
    "@Primmaster64 said:
    I never really liked him,but when he became Cap and hooked up with BW it made hate him "
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. hope he banged natalia good and proper,now you know how i feel.  just kidding,though i could'nt resist. "

He already banged natalia and I don't care,I don't hate him just because he banged her I can get pass a stupid sex scene
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RedHoodsDen

What if Jason and Bucky do a swap with Natalia and Talia?... you could scream out the wrong name...and almost be right.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "What if Jason and Bucky do a swap with Natalia and Talia?... you could scream out the wrong name...and almost be right. "

That would be interesting lol
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RedHoodJT

Lol. That would be kinda strange. But interesting.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    "Lol. That would be kinda strange. But interesting. "

lol
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Primmaster64
    @daredevil21134: In a way...You are hating Jason and Dick.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @daredevil21134: In a way...You are hating Jason and Dick. "

I'm not hating Jason at all and I don't really care for dick
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Primmaster64
    @daredevil21134: lol you did not get what I was...never mind
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @daredevil21134: lol you did not get what I was...never mind "

Ok I guess so
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "What if Jason and Bucky do a swap with Natalia and Talia?... you could scream out the wrong name...and almost be right. "
    You're saying this as if talia and jason are involved in a relationship like bucky and widow.
    @Primmaster64 said:

LOL so true.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "@RedHoodsDen said:
    You're saying this as if talia and jason are involved in a relationship like bucky and widow.
    @Primmaster64 said:
    LOL so true. "

Whatever lol
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Been thinking a bit and I still do think Winick writes for us. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe it stuck with him when I said "it should adversarial, as opposed to outright villainy". I mean what we do know of this is that they team up. 

That said, I know we all view Winick as our preferred writer but I do sort of take issue with the "Jason Todd expert" line thrown his way. I do feel he's never gone that deep into Jason aside from A Death In The Family. You never hear a word about his junkie mother, or his enforcer father. You never really see anything all that canonical from the Starlin run. To not use the "Diplomat's Son" story to define everything about this character is just lost on me.  

And this was missing something so I added his gun: 

No Caption Provided

I'm thinking of mailing it to Marts from the fans.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen:
    lol
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RedHoodJT

Haha.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

lol
    Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:
    Same here worst Captain America ever. Dude takes the shield and then decides not be an avenger and just go solo. Atfer a couple of story arcs then decides "Oh yeah maybe I should be an avenger."  By that time noone cares and is happy that he is in trial for the crimes he committed as Winter Soldier.  

Dick Grayson is just like Bucky. Worst Batman ever. Freakin smiling and posing in mid-air. He wonders why noone takes him serious. Dude is an attention whore.   

This Jason Reborn or whatever it is.......this will not go so well. This guys continuity is so messed that I think bringing him back as anti-hero will not make any differences. He shows up looking different, B&R will take like a totally of 11 pages figuring it out its him,  beat up Dick grayson, some nobody shots him in the leg(He's been shot in the leg like twice already. Once as Red Robin and once as Red hood, so you might as well  keep the tradition going) then go back to jail. 

The only way how this guy can be saved is if he gets his crap together and then actually kill Joker.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By daredevil21134
    @FortressoftheMoon said:
    "@daredevil21134: Same here worst Captain America ever. Dude takes the shield and then decides not be an avenger and just go solo. Atfer a couple of story arcs then decides "Oh yeah maybe I should be an avenger."  By that time noone cares and is happy that he is in trial for the crimes he committed as Winter Soldier.   Dick Grayson is just like Bucky. Worst Batman ever. Freakin smiling and posing in mid-air. He wonders why noone takes him serious. Dude is an attention whore.    This Jason Reborn or whatever it is.......this will not go so well. This guys continuity is so messed that I think bringing him back as anti-hero will not make any differences. He shows up looking different, B&R will take like a totally of 11 pages figuring it out its him,  beat up Dick grayson, some nobody shots him in the leg(He's been shot in the leg like twice already. Once as Red Robin and once as Red hood, so you might as well  keep the tradition going) then go back to jail.  The only way how this guy can be saved is if he gets his crap together and then actually kill Joker. "

LOL
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RedHoodJT

I think that this story arc will be the best one for the BnR book. Not just because of Jason being in it but because it'll be written by Judd Winick. Don't get me wrong I like the creative team on it now. Their work on GLC was great. I love it. But Judd is my favorite writer hands down. I'm anxiously waiting for this arc to come out just to see how different it is from Morrison's take on the characters. I won't lie I did like the BnR run morrison did til about issue 12 maybe 13 then it just got too damn confusing. It was like seven different stories all trying to be told in a monthly 22 page book. Can't happen.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    "I think that this story arc will be the best one for the BnR book. Not just because of Jason being in it but because it'll be written by Judd Winick. Don't get me wrong I like the creative team on it now. Their work on GLC was great. I love it. But Judd is my favorite writer hands down. I'm anxiously waiting for this arc to come out just to see how different it is from Morrison's take on the characters. I won't lie I did like the BnR run morrison did til about issue 12 maybe 13 then it just got too damn confusing. It was like seven different stories all trying to be told in a monthly 22 page book. Can't happen. "

it should be good
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RedHoodJT

I'm hoping that it will be. I know that Winick writes Jason pretty damn good. And I've always like the way that he has wrote Dick. Even that Outsiders story was pretty damn good.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    "I'm hoping that it will be. I know that Winick writes Jason pretty damn good. And I've always like the way that he has wrote Dick. Even that Outsiders story was pretty damn good. "

yeah it was
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RedHoodJT

A lot of people keep saying that it sucked but that's their opinion. If went off what everyone else said I probably wouldn't play as many video games as I do or read the books that I do.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @RedHoodJT said:

" A lot of people keep saying that it sucked but that's their opinion. If went off what everyone else said I probably wouldn't play as many video games as I do or read the books that I do. "

True. Cause for every 1 billion people that hate something, there is always at least 1 person who likes it.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @ReverseNegative: Exactly. I mean why would someone only go off of what somebody else had said. I mean we have our own ability to come up with our own opinions but yet most people are just too lazy to figure things out for themselves so they go off of what other people say.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @ReverseNegative: Exactly. I mean why would someone only go off of what somebody else had said. I mean we have our own ability to come up with our own opinions but yet most people are just too lazy to figure things out for themselves so they go off of what other people say. "

agreed
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedHoodJT

Its too easy to be a follower. Dare to be different.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.