Jason Todd is back

• 183 results
#151 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? 

No.  They seem too short sighted. In spite of how loud we've been. 

But maybe they'll surprise us. Back later guy, short shift at work. 

#152 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"Honestly?  No.  They seem too short sighted. In spite of how loud we've been.  But maybe they'll surprise us. Back later guy, short shift at work.  "

No problem
#153 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I can say that of all the people that had negative responses on here from page one all the way until you read this post. I'm glad we can still keep our cool and not do what I did which was get a the thread blocked lol. And I want it to be known that if you don't like Winick or you don't like Jason or you dislike both of em who the hell invited you into this thread? We all love Winick's writing and we love Jason Todd so if you are going to say anything negative about the two of them you might wanna find another thread this ain't it. 

Now back to the topic at hand. I don't like the new costume of his. I think that it took no imagination to create and it totally makes the character look like one big giant joke. I.E. the dildo remark I read earlier. I loved the biker costume and I truly believe that that is what he should wear. As for Scarlett I could see her coming in and breaking Jason out of jail and wearing a tight leather biker outfit with red hair and bringing him his old biker costume so he had a change of clothes from the prison jumpsuit to the biker outfit.

#154 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Well I can say that of all the people that had negative responses on here from page one all the way until you read this post. I'm glad we can still keep our cool and not do what I did which was get a the thread blocked lol. And I want it to be known that if you don't like Winick or you don't like Jason or you dislike both of em who the hell invited you into this thread? We all love Winick's writing and we love Jason Todd so if you are going to say anything negative about the two of them you might wanna find another thread this ain't it.   Now back to the topic at hand. I don't like the new costume of his. I think that it took no imagination to create and it totally makes the character look like one big giant joke. I.E. the dildo remark I read earlier. I loved the biker costume and I truly believe that that is what he should wear. As for Scarlett I could see her coming in and breaking Jason out of jail and wearing a tight leather biker outfit with red hair and bringing him his old biker costume so he had a change of clothes from the prison jumpsuit to the biker outfit. "

that would be awsome
#155 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:  Just take it easy bro. Ok?
#156 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, much as I tell myself that Lost Days alone is enough, a series of his own, just that title shot, is the ultimate rebuttal of that goddamn phone poll. Because the title shot represents DC admitting they were wrong, whether they ever say so or not. Those sales that are made on that first issue, people that for that moment want to read the ongoing adventures of Jason Todd, is the biggest way to tell all those people who brag about 50 cents they spent 20 years ago, they can go to hell. 

Jason Todd is an underdog, and you gotta  love a snowball's chance, sometimes. Part of the reason I'm with the street kid from Crime Alley I guess.

#157 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"You know, much as I tell myself that Lost Days alone is enough, a series of his own, just that title shot, is the ultimate rebuttal of that goddamn phone poll. Because the title shot represents DC admitting they were wrong, whether they ever say so or not. Those sales that are made on that first issue, people that for that moment want to read the ongoing adventures of Jason Todd, is the biggest way to tell all those people who brag about 50 cents they spent 20 years ago, they can go to hell.  Jason Todd is an underdog, and you gotta  love a snowball's chance, sometimes. Part of the reason I'm with the street kid from Crime Alley I guess. "

Hell Yeah dude
#158 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I know everyone hates it, but I think it looks dark and menacing.

#159 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
" You know, much as I tell myself that Lost Days alone is enough, a series of his own, just that title shot, is the ultimate rebuttal of that goddamn phone poll. Because the title shot represents DC admitting they were wrong, whether they ever say so or not. Those sales that are made on that first issue, people that for that moment want to read the ongoing adventures of Jason Todd, is the biggest way to tell all those people who brag about 50 cents they spent 20 years ago, they can go to hell.  Jason Todd is an underdog, and you gotta  love a snowball's chance, sometimes. Part of the reason I'm with the street kid from Crime Alley I guess. "
Yea man tell every one how it is. I just love the character. Anyone that spent the 50 cents back in the day to kill him is just ignorant and they wasted 50 cents cuz he's back now and they can **** on it.
#160 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I still maintain he has to leave Gotham. Ultimately, Under The Hood was as effective as you can be without actually ending the Batman franchise. He toppled organized crime [ Black Mask] through escalation and went to blow the head off of the top psycho [Joker]. Those really were the two pinnacles of the types of crime in Gotham. Everything since has been "random mook...bang!bang!"   

Move him some place blue collar, crime filled and rogues gallery build.

#161 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"I still maintain he has to leave Gotham. Ultimately, Under The Hood was as effective as you can be without actually ending the Batman franchise. He toppled organized crime [ Black Mask] through escalation and went to blow the head off of the top psycho [Joker]. Those really were the two pinnacles of the types of crime in Gotham. Everything since has been "random mook...bang!bang!"    Move him some place blue collar, crime filled and rogues gallery build.   
         I agree man I want Jason Todd outta of Gotham doing his own thing,I hope at the end of the Batman & Robin arc he leaves Gotham and starts a new life
#162 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Bludhaven. Nightwing isn't there anymore. There is no one there to watch over the city. Why not have him start there?

#163 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Bludhaven. Nightwing isn't there anymore. There is no one there to watch over the city. Why not have him start there? "

I rather him have hm have a brand new City
#164 Edited by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well me too but I just don't see them creating a whole new city for him you know? Seeing how there are us that love the character and then there are those  that hate the character. And for some reason DC listens to the fans that hate him more than the ones that love him.

#165 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Well me too but I just don't see them creating a whole new city for him you know? Seeing how there are us that love the character and then there are those  that hate the character. And for some reason DC listens to the fans that hate him more than the ones that love him. "

I guess so
#166 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Southie. Todd should go to Boston. 

Because to him, their accents will sound like people calling him Jason Tarrrrrd

#167 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"Southie. Todd should go to Boston.  Because to him, their accents will sound like people calling him Jason Tarrrrrd "

lol
#168 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Boston? Why?

#169 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"Boston? Why? "

good question
#170 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I can think of is because of the Boondock Saints. =)

#171 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe
#172 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean it makes sense. But who knows why Boston. Could be cool though.

#173 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"I mean it makes sense. But who knows why Boston. Could be cool though. "

Yeah
#174 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I just really want Jason to be back and have one an ongoing series and two. For him to actually be considered a good guy. I mean His actions aren't any different than the Punisher. Or even the Boondock saints. I mean come on you know. Why can't he just be accepted now?

#175 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"I just really want Jason to be back and have one an ongoing series and two. For him to actually be considered a good guy. I mean His actions aren't any different than the Punisher. Or even the Boondock saints. I mean come on you know. Why can't he just be accepted now? "

I accept him lol
#176 Edited by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I know you accept him. But I'm meaning the haters. lol

#177 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Lol. I know you accept him. But I'm meaning the haters. lol "

I know lol
#178 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha. Man I think that if everyone that voted for Jason to live was on this site we would totally be able to put a stop to the haters. It would be absolutely wonderful. :)

#179 Edited by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about it really is Punisher's not accepted. By fans, sure. But not by the Avengers, not by Daredevil or Spider-man. He's hunted by the police. Captain America barely could deal with the idea of Frank on his side during Civil War and he eventually kicked his ass and kicked him out. The Bat family will never likely accept him unless there's some fake out blaming his mental state on the pit...which technically Winick added indepth to Lost Days.   

Part of the reason to have him leave town. No one flinched when Jason killed people outside City Limits in Lost Days. 

However, I tend to think he added the pit-out just so DC could justify the crap they've done in the past with him, not explain anything away for redemptive purposes.  

As to the haters, dude most of these people never read him as Robin and hate him because it seems like the thing to do. Only 5,000 people voted. What was that, like 3% or less of readers back then? Numbers on the bat titles were way higher back then. 

Why I say Boston mostly its from  the modern crime films there, The Departed, The Town. It's a place with a lot of interestign crime history as well as being blue collar, which I see as Jason's place in the world, where he fits. A good mix of Irish, Italian, and Chinese mobs too.  The people have a certain loud-mouth personality [okay, it's a stereotype] that I think could be fun to play with. Also...I can't think of a vigilante from Boston.

#180 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen:  I totally agree. Boston would be a great place to have him now that you mention it. I mean The Departed was a great movie didn't see The Town but I do own both Boondock Saints movies and the possibilities of crime stories there are just massive. Its a great idea. And no one cared when he was killing people outside of the city limits like you said but if its ok out of the city limits why is it not ok in the city limits. I mean he's taking out the bad guys. Not just the ones that could be saved by a "Doctor" in Arkham but the ones that are too psychologically messed up in the head. I.E. The murderers and rapists. The fear of Batman isn't really around any more because they all know that their gonna go to Arkham and then bust out and do it all over again.
#181 Posted by weaponxxx (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason is a very complicated character for me. On the one hand I think he makes a great anti-hero when he wears his earlier costume of a biker helmet and leather jacket, on the other hand I think he makes a great psuedo-villain as the current Red Hood. I don't know whether I want him to live or die but I do know that he adds a lot to the Batman cannon. And I love how he is being set up as Dick's arch-nemesis now that Dick is Batman. Jason is a great character all around and I don't know why the retro costume is getting so much hate.

#182 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I agree with you there. I do like how he is Dick arch-nemesis in a way. But at the same time I wish he wasn't. It makes for a great story but they could do so many others with him rather than waste it on that. And the retro costume which one are you talking about? The biker one? I haven't really seen any body hate on that.

#183 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponxxx said:
"Jason is a very complicated character for me. On the one hand I think he makes a great anti-hero when he wears his earlier costume of a biker helmet and leather jacket, on the other hand I think he makes a great psuedo-villain as the current Red Hood. I don't know whether I want him to live or die but I do know that he adds a lot to the Batman cannon. And I love how he is being set up as Dick's arch-nemesis now that Dick is Batman. Jason is a great character all around and I don't know why the retro costume is getting so much hate. "

because the first costume was cool and there was no need to change it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.