Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Jason Todd is back

• 183 results
    georgethecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By georgethecat
    @TheCrowbar: Totally different standards. Male "bachelor" characters having active sex lives are treated as being something to aspire to/is a desirable quality. Female characters who enjoy sex, particularly outside of relationships, are demonized as sluts. 
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @TheCrowbar said:
    " @georgethecat said:
    " I just love how a female character represents a "sex-crazed slut" when she's written has having slept with two people. Congratulations on having such a sexist attitude!  "
    Batman is a sex-crazed slut. Peter Parker too! "
    Batman has not slept with cassandra cain or barbara gordon,you're comparision is irrelevant.
    @georgethecat said:
    "I just love how a female character represents a "sex-crazed slut" when she's written has having slept with two people. Congratulations on having such a sexist attitude!  "
    Yeah when she claims to profess love for one man,turns down the likes of lex luthor and bane ,but goes on to sleep with her servants and the adopted son of the man she claims to love,then their is clearly a problem. "
    No no that would make Batman a cradle robber not a sex crazed slut.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#103  Edited By daredevil21134

"sigh"

georgethecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By georgethecat
    @entropy_aegis said:
     The entire DC boards has been on fire due to winick. And its not cause they are displeased to see jason(if anything its quite opposite),what everyone is upset is about is dick especially and damian (due to reasons everyone knows)The comic is batman and robin not red hood:the wankfest. "

You mean the DC nation message board? OK... and this message board, CBR, Tumblr and Scans Daily the actual DC nation board where they posted the info initially are mostly buzzing with excitement. Sooooooo. *shrug* 
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @TheCrowbar said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    " @TheCrowbar said:
    " @georgethecat said:
    " I just love how a female character represents a "sex-crazed slut" when she's written has having slept with two people. Congratulations on having such a sexist attitude!  "
    Batman is a sex-crazed slut. Peter Parker too! "
    Batman has not slept with cassandra cain or barbara gordon,you're comparision is irrelevant.
    @georgethecat said:
    "I just love how a female character represents a "sex-crazed slut" when she's written has having slept with two people. Congratulations on having such a sexist attitude!  "
    Yeah when she claims to profess love for one man,turns down the likes of lex luthor and bane ,but goes on to sleep with her servants and the adopted son of the man she claims to love,then their is clearly a problem. "
    No no that would make Batman a cradle robber not a sex crazed slut. "
    Try giving an actual argument,batman has slept to date with talia,vicki vale and selina.nothing more than that. 
    Out of these 3 ladies ,one may have been his wife,one is as close as you can get to a wife and the third is well the only one not so intimate.
    @georgethecat said:
    " @TheCrowbar: Totally different standards. Male "bachelor" characters having active sex lives are treated as being something to aspire to/is a desirable quality. Female characters who enjoy sex, particularly outside of relationships, are demonized as sluts.  "

Nice attempt to twist the conversation. 
    I have no problem if she slept with bane,i would have had no problem is she had slept with jean paul valley. 
    but i do have a problem when she sleeps with her servant and even tells him she would beat him unconsious(if this is not a slut,then i dont know what is?)
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis:
    I agree with that....but can we get back to Jason Todd instead of Talia
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By RedHoodsDen
    @daredevil21134 said:
    " @entropy_aegis: I agree with that....but can we get back to Jason Todd instead of Talia "
    Remember that time Jason tapped Talia's ass?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @daredevil21134 said:
    "@entropy_aegis: I agree with that....but can we get back to Jason Todd instead of Talia "
    Jason is not the problem ,he will be written well and i feel happy for him,the problem are the other characters.
    @georgethecat said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
     The entire DC boards has been on fire due to winick. And its not cause they are displeased to see jason(if anything its quite opposite),what everyone is upset is about is dick especially and damian (due to reasons everyone knows)The comic is batman and robin not red hood:the wankfest. "
     You mean the DC nation message board? OK... and this message board, CBR, Tumblr and Scans Daily the actual DC nation board where they posted the info initially are mostly buzzing with excitement. Sooooooo. *shrug*  "

Yeah negative excitement ,LOL. 
    and its all due to seeing winicks name on the book,not jason todd on the cover.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " @daredevil21134 said:
    " @entropy_aegis: I agree with that....but can we get back to Jason Todd instead of Talia "
    Remember that time Jason tapped Talia's ass? "
    LOL,Yes I do its wallpaper
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " @daredevil21134 said:
    Remember that time Jason tapped Talia's ass? "

If you're doing this to annoy me,well you're failing miserably. 
    I dont give a rats fart over who tapped her ass,she aint my wife,sister,mother or daughter.  
    Try to stay meaningful.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis  
    Being a Jason todd fan is controversal lol
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By RedHoodsDen

It's time Jason kill one of the bigger ones. How about Todd vs. Zsasz? It'd be fun seeing the scars of his victims skinned off him by the flame dagger.

C'mon people, let's see some justice.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "It's time Jason kill one of the bigger ones. How about Todd vs. Zsasz? It'd be fun seeing the scars of his victims skinned off him by the flame dagger. C'mon people, let's see some justice. "

I love your enthusiam for the character
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "It's time Jason kill one of the bigger ones. How about Todd vs. Zsasz? It'd be fun seeing the scars of his victims skinned off him by the flame dagger. C'mon people, let's see some justice. "

How about we hire the secret six or deathstrokes titans ? 
    Everyone wins
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "@RedHoodsDen said:
    How about we hire the secret six or deathstrokes titans ? Everyone wins "

LOL
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Well, he should've been allowed to kill the Sionis Black Mask as opposed to using that as a throwaway arc for Selina. 

I'd also settle for cutting off Jerry Arkham's head, there's a character down the shitter.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Well, he should've been allowed to kill the Sionis Black Mask as opposed to using that as a throwaway arc for Selina.  I'd also settle for cutting off Jerry Arkham's head, there's a character down the shitter. "

I would like that
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By RedHoodsDen

The skull talks back. Lord knows that's never been done with a bat villain...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "The skull talks back. Lord knows that's never been done with a bat villain... "

LOL
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By RedHoodsDen

We could give him the Ventriloquist's old pal "Socko". 

Wait...that sounds like a better idea than what DC's doing....

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "We could give him the Ventriloquist's old pal "Socko".  ...  Wait...that sounds like a better idea than what DC's doing.... "

Hell Yeah dude
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Meinos Kaen

Again with the Talia thing? God, I'm never going to get tired to explain why it makes sense and also that it elevates Winick to another level compared to most authors, for the simple fact that he actually reads and respects other authors' work. 

In case with all the hate you didn't read that part, before sexing up Jason, Talia says to him that Ras'Al'Ghul was dead. Ergo... The scene happens after the Arc Death and the Maidens, where Talia has been killed/resurrected a bunch of times by her sister and driven insane, and she openly declared that Bats was her beloved no more and that she hated him and held him responsible for her father's death. In light of that, what she did makes perfect sense. If she wanted Jason back on his feet as a 'gift' to Bruce, now she wanted him as an active weapon acting against him, and the sex was just the cherry on the insane, evil pie, and it makes. Perfect. Common. Sense.

That's the problem with most authors and readers. They never do research. Be it to bitch about a single action or to write a story, they never research or keep up with the continuity of their own work/reading material and as such never take in the past or the contest in their reasoning, and that just makes me angry, more at writers than readers, of course, but the latter are the ones we have to hear bitch.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Meinos Kaen said:
    "Again with the Talia thing? God, I'm never going to get tired to explain why it makes sense and also that it elevates Winick to another level compared to most authors, for the simple fact that he actually reads and respects other authors' work.   In case with all the hate you didn't read that part, before sexing up Jason, Talia says to him that Ras'Al'Ghul was dead. Ergo... The scene happens after the Arc Death and the Maidens, where Talia has been killed/resurrected a bunch of times by her sister and driven insane, and she openly declared that Bats was her beloved no more and that she hated him and held him responsible for her father's death. In light of that, what she did makes perfect sense. If she wanted Jason back on his feet as a 'gift' to Bruce, now she wanted him as an active weapon acting against him, and the sex was just the cherry on the insane, evil pie, and it makes. Perfect. Common. Sense.  That's the problem with most authors and readers. They never do research. Be it to bitch about a single action or to write a story, they never research or keep up with the continuity of their own work/reading material and as such never take in the past or the contest in their reasoning, and that just makes me angry, more at writers than readers, of course, but the latter are the ones we have to hear bitch. "

No it does'nt make sense at all,try again buddy. 
    Ergo it happened before hush which happened 2 years before death and maidens. 
    Your whole case collapses,just like that. 
    yeah he reads other peoples work all right, which is why he mixed up hush and death and maidens.LOLOLOLOL. 
    Your statement on writers perfectly fits winick. 
    Now i'm gonna have a good laugh.
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Meinos Kaen
    @entropy_aegis:  Dude, it happened two years before in PUBLISHING, not in actual storyline. Don't mix the two facts up, the continuity of comics is the most fluctuant fact ever. When it happened Ras'Al'Ghul was dead, stop. So, Death and the maidens had already happened. That's a fact you can't ignore by mixing publishing timeline and comic timeline. Try again.

Edit: No, actually, What the hell are you on? Even in publishing, Hush happened AFTER DEATH AND THE MAIDENS, or at least simultaneously. O_O Are you high?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Meinos Kaen said:
    " @entropy_aegis:  Dude, it happened two years before in PUBLISHING, not in actual storyline. Don't mix the two facts up, the continuity of comics is the most fluctuant fact ever. When it happened Ras'Al'Ghul was dead, stop. So, Death and the maidens had already happened. That's a fact you can't ignore by mixing publishing timeline and comic timeline. Try again. "

HUH????? 
    stop making retarded excuses. 
    So according to you Iinfinite crisis happened before hush? lex luthor was still president during villians united?God ,no wonder you like winick so much . 
    And talia sold lex corp property to bruce as well, 
    so basically we should ignore all of DC continuity to make sure this story fits. 
    and ra's was alive in hush as well. so FAIL.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Meinos Kaen said:

"@entropy_aegis:  Dude, it happened two years before in PUBLISHING, not in actual storyline. Don't mix the two facts up, the continuity of comics is the most fluctuant fact ever. When it happened Ras'Al'Ghul was dead, stop. So, Death and the maidens had already happened. That's a fact you can't ignore by mixing publishing timeline and comic timeline. Try again.  Edit: No, actually, What the hell are you on? Even in publishing, Hush happened AFTER DEATH AND THE MAIDENS, or at least simultaneously. O_O Are you high? "

I honestly have never come across a bigger idiot,stop wasting my time. 
    death and maidens happened right after hush and ended 9 months later,it coincided with public enemies.continuity wise it happened even later to be around IC. 
    But lets say i humour you. 

Basically talia has sex with jason(under the nyssa pretext ,where she has been turned against batman and believes he killed her father),then jason meets hush and plots with him against batman. 
    batman later asks talia's help ,she calls him beloved,tells him that she no longer cares for her father,tells catwoman that Ra's would find her,Shiva comes and thrashes selina,she mentiones being hired by Ra's .Talia then saves catwoman on top of telling shiva to tell her father to STAY AWAY FROM HER. no mention of nyssa,talia also had no clue on hush(though winick claims that she knew) and she is lexcorp CEO,which she was'nt when she was manipulated by nyssa.
    yup really makes sense all right.  
    maybe on bizzaro world.

Educate yourself on these matters before you go around questioning other peoples intelligence
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Meinos Kaen
    @entropy_aegis: 
    First, the one who has been question people's intelligence and calling them names is YOU, not me, so, to begin with, calm down. Second thing, you're right about the publishing dates. For that, I apologize. My fault. Thirdly, Death and the Maidens is still a special, a mini that has not been placed in Batman's ongoing series, and as such has no easy placement in the continuity. We only know that it happened.

Now, the situation that you described... How in hell is that Winick's fault? That's someone else ignoring Death and the Maidens or, more probably, being confused and not knowing indeed, when it exactly happened in the continuity. That's mostly the problem with minis. Chronological placement.

It all boils down, sadly, to which author we consider the most attendible on that matter and/or which chronological construction we consider more down to earth, but whatever one we choose, there are still things out of place unless they get tweaked a bit. So, fanboy wars apart, we can only agree on not agreeing. I prefer Winick's stuff because I like what he writes and how he writes characters, so I guess I'll go with him on this one. The fun thing? What made me like him wasn't his Jason Todd but his Black Mask.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Meinos Kaen said:
    " @entropy_aegis:  First, the one who has been question people's intelligence and calling them names is YOU, not me, so, to begin with, calm down. Second thing, you're right about the publishing dates. For that, I apologize. My fault. Thirdly, Death and the Maidens is still a special, a mini that has not been placed in Batman's ongoing series, and as such has no easy placement in the continuity. We only know that it happened.  Now, the situation that you described... How in hell is that Winick's fault? That's someone else ignoring Death and the Maidens or, more probably, being confused and not knowing indeed, when it exactly happened in the continuity. That's mostly the problem with minis. Chronological placement.  It all boils down, sadly, to which author we consider the most attendible on that matter and/or which chronological construction we consider more down to earth, but whatever one we choose, there are still things out of place unless they get tweaked a bit. So, fanboy wars apart, we can only agree on not agreeing. I prefer Winick's stuff because I like what he writes and how he writes characters, so I guess I'll go with him on this one. The fun thing? What made me like him wasn't his Jason Todd but his Black Mask. "

No need for an apology,happens all the time. 
    and as for death and maidens,yes it's hard to place (logically it should be around IC). 
    but ultimately we all know for sure  that it happened after hush,while talia/jason sex happened before hush.
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Meinos Kaen

Hmmm... Well, there's also the possibility... I mean, Death and the Maidens had a duration in story... Short, right? Hush spanned across many months, at least weeks, I think... Even if it started after Hush did, if it ended before Hush did, the sense would be there... Hmm, why the hell did it have to happen at all. Hate Nyssa... And the new Talia.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By daredevil21134

"Sigh"

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#131  Edited By SpidermanWins

Bring back the biker costume I loved that look. That one just looks stupid, I'm sorry but the mask just looks like a shiny crimson piece of undetailed stupidity. The white and the skull looks overdone. I liked the deadpoolish biker look way more bring it back please! Looks too villainish and less anti-heroish. Too dramatic.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SpidermanWins said:
    " Bring back the biker costume I loved that look. That one just looks stupid, I'm sorry but the mask just looks like a shiny crimson piece of undetailed stupidity. The white and the skull looks overdone. I liked the deadpoolish biker look way more bring it back please! Looks too villainish and less anti-heroish. Too dramatic. "
    You had me at costume.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By daredevil21134
    @SpidermanWins said:
    "Bring back the biker costume I loved that look. That one just looks stupid, I'm sorry but the mask just looks like a shiny crimson piece of undetailed stupidity. The white and the skull looks overdone. I liked the deadpoolish biker look way more bring it back please! Looks too villainish and less anti-heroish. Too dramatic."

I agree
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#134  Edited By Primmaster64
    @entropy_aegis: I get it dude, you don't like Jason nor Judd...Then why are you here?
    Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#135  Edited By Grubich

How 'bout the hush costume withe biker red hood helmet?
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Grubich said:
    "How 'bout the hush costume withe biker red hood helmet? "

I love the Hush costume
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I explained in the other forum, it's better off that his new outfit and red hair gets replaced with the out fit that just made Jason what he is, biker outfit with a trenchcoat taste with a red hood and again, as I explained, a hood on a jacket, not the helmet, and give him a Robin mask.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#138  Edited By Primmaster64

exacly

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By daredevil21134
    @saiyan_earthling said:
    "As I explained in the other forum, it's better off that his new outfit and red hair gets replaced with the out fit that just made Jason what he is, biker outfit with a trenchcoat taste with a red hood and again, as I explained, a hood on a jacket, not the helmet, and give him a Robin mask. "

cool
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @entropy_aegis: I get it dude, you don't like Jason nor Judd...Then why are you here?"

Sigh,this will be my final post on this thread. 
    but lets clear a few things up. 
    everytime someone says something negative about jason or judd,all the jason fanbase goes crying and calls them haters. 
    learn to understand the difference between a hater and a critic. 
    secondly this IS NOT JASONS BOOK.its batman and robin. 
    winick has a grudge against dick,this is a proven fact ,and he will mess damian by using talia.that's the whole point over this discussion. 
    he's going to turn the guest in to the main character, 
    again i'm willing to give winick a chance and will buy this story,but his previous track record shows me that putting too much faith in this guy is destined to lead to disappointment. 
    If he wants to make jason look awesome then by all means do it in his own ongoing,but till then treat all the characters with respect.
    ArdennesKorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ArdennesKorps

Absolutely love his new costume and hair)) I like to see Scarlet in these issue too.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By daredevil21134

I thought Scarlet was ok but not the costume
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By RedHoodsDen

So what is that, a million to 1 against the new costume? Someone always has to be controversial 

Another controversy: When Winick told me DC likes the sidekick at SDCC.

Me: "But she's gone...she got her mask off..." 

Winick: "Did She? How do you know?" 

Me: "He...Morrison..well...damn..."  

I mean let's not kid ourselves. Morrison gave her a happy ending. That's how it's written. She left the horrid Gotham City limits and headed toward normalcy. But...technically...he's right. We can't know for sure. I expect her breaking Jason out. Honestly, I hope she's normal looking now. That arc worked really hard to make them unusable freaks good for only guest appearances.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "So what is that, a million to 1 against the new costume? Someone always has to be controversial  Another controversy: When Winick told me DC likes the sidekick at SDCC. Me: "But she's gone...she got her mask off..."  Winick: "Did She? How do you know?" Me: "He...Morrison..well...damn..."     I mean let's not kid ourselves. Morrison gave her a happy ending. That's how it's written. She left the horrid Gotham City limits and headed toward normalcy. But...technically...he's right. We can't know for sure. I expect her breaking Jason out. Honestly, I hope she's normal looking now. That arc worked really hard to make them unusable freaks good for only guest appearances. "

So I guess Winick will be using her,but in Teen Titans 29 Jason says teen sidekicks are bad for bussiness.If he does I hope she gets a new makeover too
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Scarlet in a biker getup with those goggles would be cool.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Scarlet in a biker getup with those goggles would be cool. "

Should she keep the red hair?I think its brown originally
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Yeah, makes it easier to call her Scarlet but stick her in black leather if the hair's red. 

Honestly, if I was Rogues Gallery building for Jason. I'd use her. She's his big mistake in addition to being an embodiment of his twisted soul, she's stark raving mad and he made her into a weapon. You might say he deserves her. It'd be ironic if he had a former sidekick going around slashing throats. 

Flamingo 
    Scarlet  
    The Wrath 
    Black Mask [simply because he picked up the old Mask's mantle] 

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By daredevil21134

That could be interseting,how old is she anyways?
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Is she a  teeny bopper? No clue actually

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Is she a  teeny bopper? No clue actually "

After this this 3 part arc in Batman & Robin do u think Jay will finally get his own book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.