jason todd has powers?

#1 Posted by redhoodx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

In red hood and the outlaws #5 jason todd displays powers as he wields to daggers that have flame on them. It looked awesome! Not sure if he has powers or not, but I think he does. My question is if people will hate jason for having powers? I wish I had some scans to show you, but if you read stormwatch, it looks like the swordmans power.

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Jason does not have powers, the blades do which is why he cut himself to fuel the blades' powers.

#3 Posted by redhoodx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I said I wasn't sure. And in issue one he see's essence when no one else can, and when she teleported away he says I got to learn that one. From what I gather is that since he is all caste, he got abilities like like the other all caste. Durca could talk to him when she was dead and one of his trainers could turn his body into smoke. So is it so hard to believe he got powers?

#4 Edited by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodx: Its feasible he has some connection to the All Caste as a result of his training which was why he could speak to Ducra or Ducra had powers and chose to speak to him, she was heavily intuned with spirits and they were in a spiritual place. Also he was away from everyone when Essence was talking to him if I'm not mistaken and she just up and disappeared right after so it wasn't like he was with people. But none of that inclines he would have superpowers.

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

No. Jason does not have powers, the blades do which is why he cut himself to fuel the blades' powers.

yup

#6 Posted by redhoodx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: When jason was talking to essence roy looked over saw and said that jason was talking to him self, but he was talking to her. So he has to be at least spirtually aware. The perfect test would be if he could see deadman.

#7 Edited by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodx: Thanks for the refresher but fair enough he could at least be spiritually aware at least with the All Caste or Essence just wanted only Jason to see her. I'm not one for going off covers but If the rest of the team sees her based off that one cover preview it looks like they will be fighting her if it's true which means I think she can choose who sees her.

#8 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind if he knew some little tricks, nothing insane but some small stuff would be interesting

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason doesn't have powers, the blades are magical and require the blood to be imbued with these special attributes. The actual question is whether we like the new "All-Caste" vibe going on.

#10 Posted by redhoodx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I like the all-caste vibe, I think i know where lobdell is going with this story and its good. scotts making it look like jason came back to life for a reason. I hate when you bring people back and don't have a plan. My biggest point, hawkeye and Jean Grey. they did not need to come back and die again to serve no purpose. for once jason has his own course. and it works. as for jason having powers what do you think of jason being spirtually aware?

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27351 posts) - - Show Bio
@redhoodx: Those were the All-Blades, he doesn't have power.
#12 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodx: Well, he doesn't have any powers, but being Spiritually aware isn't really a power unto itself, just a skill. I like that he's getting distinguished from the Bat-Family, it gives Direction to the characters.

• Batman - Gets Suit + He's the goddamned Batman
  • Tim - Gets Flight plus Tech
  • Damian - Gets Anger and Skill
  • Jason - Gets the mystical spiritual shtick
  • Babs - Intellect

Dick is the only one that doesn't have anything really... I hope he gets his Arkham City Escrima sticks.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Dick has those Tasers he's been using every issue, so that's something

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Believe me, I know. But he's had that for a long time and while it does seem to be kinda different since he now can choose the level that he can charge it to, its still not enough to warrant a "specialization".

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Fair enough, maybe if they showed off his acrobatics more?

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I was thinking about that after I posted it, but you can't really always have the show of acrobatics. You can have it when he's jumping from rooftop to rooftop, but if he's like... fighting, you can't really show it off, while for the others you can. So, no, I don't think Acrobatics would do the trick.

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: No idea then, maybe he could join an agency or something, I'm sure he'll do something to really set him apart eventually

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Hopefully. I really liked issue 5 though, so for now I'm mega happy.

#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Jason doesn't have powers, the blades are magical and require the blood to be imbued with these special attributes. The actual question is whether we like the new "All-Caste" vibe going on.

I love it

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@ReVamp said:

I love it

same here

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: @BlackArmor: Yeah, same here. Its really awesome, but I think that he needs to start spacing out because at the fast pace that he's actually going it changing the character of Todd too much.

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@daredevil21134: @BlackArmor: Yeah, same here. Its really awesome, but I think that he needs to start spacing out because at the fast pace that he's actually going it changing the character of Todd too much.

Well I still feel like i'm reading about Jason,I just feel like he's adding some much needed depth to the character.But I get what your saying

#23 Posted by redhoodx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I agree, jason has been juggled to much to have depth in the past. jason is still plenty angry and kickass, but now he doesn't let it rule him like before which is good growth.

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodx said:

@daredevil21134: I agree, jason has been juggled to much to have depth in the past. jason is still plenty angry and kickass, but now he doesn't let it rule him like before which is good growth.

And I love that

#25 Posted by entropy_aegis (13611 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Jason is getting an upgrade with this All-Caste angle interesting.

#26 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Looks like Jason is getting an upgrade with this All-Caste angle interesting.

And he's not brooding over Bruce not killing the Joker anymore. A welcome sight.

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (13611 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85: LOL

#28 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Him being so p*ssed off at Bruce and the Bat family was getting really redundant, so I think its great that he's putting all of that behind him.

#29 Posted by entropy_aegis (13611 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: Him being so p*ssed off at Bruce and the Bat family was getting really redundant, so I think its great that he's putting all of that behind him.

Agreed,making him all emo was pointless cause we all know Joker is'nt gonna die.

#30 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: LOL exactly.

#31 Posted by AngelicPhoenix (120 posts) - - Show Bio

jason has the power of coolness, he can get any girl he wants without trying. I want that power lol.

#32 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

The power of never used his underware over his pants.

#33 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

it'd be an interesting change

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.