Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Jason Todd - #96? I mean, really?

• 94 results
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: Case Closed you win my friend
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

What part of 'Tim has gotten better' is so hard for you to understand? 

Jason is not faster or more agile then Tim is. Tim has taken a crap load of punishment before and still been able to keep going. Just because they fought a few times in the past and Jason has won, doesn't mean he's going to win now that Tim is faster and better then he's ever been.  

You're saying what Tim WOULD have been in previous fights, not what it WILL be like when they meet again.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By RainEffect
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    Wait-wait-wait...Do you guy's keep forgettin' that just because Tim is smart, doesn't mean Jason isn't? So far, all I've seen was people say the only way Tim could beat Jason is by out thinkin' him. But you forget...a strategist ALWAYS has a plan.  Tim isn't a natural strategist like Jason is. In fact, THAT'S the thing he's better at than the rest of the Batfamily (besides the killin'). You can't out strategize a natural strategist.

And I'm pretty sure that Jason knows how Tim fights, but I FULLY doubt that Tim will catch on to the fightin' styles of Jason for 2 reasons. 1 bein' that Tim lacks the experience to think of that and do it. And 2, Jason hasn't fought Tim with ALL the skills he knows.  Jason's Capoeira style has yet to make a debut (along with other styles). Tim can't possibly learn all of what Jason can do faster than Jason can learn what Tim can do. 'Cause, like I said earlier...Tim hasn't mastered a damn. Pretty high degree in things, but no mastery. And what Tim knows...Jason already mastered.

The mind over matter thing only works for people like Spider-Man. He has traits that HE'S more superior in (like his agility), so he utilizes that to find a way to win against stronger opponents. Tim on the other hand has no superior skill...JUST Intelligence. And as we've seen multiple times on the battleground of nerds vs bullies...smarts will ALWAYS lose with nothin' to back it up.

Furthermore, Jason's fightin' abilities are constantly compared to those of Grayson's. Most comic book fans put them on equal stand points because they have traits over each other...but when it comes down to it, they're damn near identical. Since battle for the cowl, Jason has been constantly fightin' Grayson...you honestly think that if he goes back to fightin' Tim...Tim has a BETTER chance of winnin'? Point blank, if Tim can't do anything against Grayson...he will NEVER win a fight against Jason. And so far...Tim can't do a damn against Grayson.

@RainEffect
    And just to let you know...I cap it in bold because that's how I ACTUALLY talk in real life. I emphasize certain words that (to some people) shouldn't be emphasized.

@ComicStooge
    Do you not read...or are you just skimmin' over facts that I say? It doesn't matter if Tim is an all-around fighter because Jason is better at everything that Tim has to offer except detective work. AGAIN...that doesn't mean that Jason is some dumb brute, because Jason himself is pretty smart.

Let's put it this way Strength...Jason is a great deal stronger than Tim.
    Speed...Jason is faster than Tim.
    Agility...Jason stands far above Tim.
    Endurance...Jason has been through more than Tim while STILL pullin' off victories.
    And do I NEED to mention the hand-to-hand again? 'Cause that's all the way Jason.
    Tim loses! It's not speculation...it's fact. As I've said earlier...if the writers were writin' an actual depiction of  a Jason vs Tim fight...Tim would have BEEN dead. Popularity saves his ass from the fire each time.
    I concede defeat. That was an incredibly well prepared argument, mate. As soon as you started comparing Dick and Jason and how they are near equal, I knew Tim wouldn't have a chance. I agree that Dick is the best out of the three of them.

@ComicStooge: We've just proved that Tim didn't grow physically during his Red Robin run. It was only his mental and instinctive traits that were improved.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @RainEffect: He doesn't read, so I'm done typin' to him for the moment. And I also agree that Grayson is the best For his extreme agility, experience, and that he has no mental weakness like Jason does. But for some reason SOMEONE (@ComicStooge) can't seem to get the simple logic. Tim HASN'T improved much in his physical traits. While Jason has been fightin' the best former Robin for like a year. And still has yet to display ALL of his fightin' skills.

I know you now understand, but someone doesn't...TIM CAN'T WIN!! That's why the rivalries in the male Batfamily are Grayson vs Jason...and Tim vs Damian.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @RainEffect: He doesn't read, so I'm done typin' to him for the moment. And I also agree that Grayson is the best For his extreme agility, experience, and that he has no mental weakness like Jason does. But for some reason SOMEONE (@ComicStooge) can't seem to get the simple logic. Tim HASN'T improved much in his physical traits. While Jason has been fightin' the best former Robin for like a year. And still has yet to display ALL of his fightin' skills.

I know you now understand, but someone doesn't...TIM CAN'T WIN!! That's why the rivalries in the male Batfamily are Grayson vs Jason...and Tim vs Damian.
    agreed again
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @daredevil21134: WOW!! It feels nice to agree. I mean is it true? Did we finally step into a world where threads DON'T turn into our arguments? Oh no...The twilight zone is REAL!! Hahaa...

@RainEffect
    I'm sorry it's late but Jason and Tim's first fight was in Titans Tower...Jason won. Then the battle for the cowl fight...where Jason won. I know that they had a fight when Tim was Robin, and Jason was Red Hood. But I don't know when, and that fight was interrupted by some guy in Jason's Red Robin costume. The guy shot Jason in the leg, and Jason tried to shoot him back, but Tim jumped in the way and got shot instead. Tim lost ALL of the fights.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @daredevil21134: WOW!! It feels nice to agree. I mean is it true? Did we finally step into a world where threads DON'T turn into our arguments? Oh no...The twilight zone is REAL!! Hahaa...

@RainEffect
    I'm sorry it's late but Jason and Tim's first fight was in Titans Tower...Jason won. Then the battle for the cowl fight...where Jason won. I know that they had a fight when Tim was Robin, and Jason was Red Hood. But I don't know when, and that fight was interrupted by some guy in Jason's Red Robin costume. The guy shot Jason in the leg, and Jason tried to shoot him back, but Tim jumped in the way and got shot instead. Tim lost ALL of the fights.
    Yeah  I agree bro
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @daredevil21134: See...now you're just doin' it for fun.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @daredevil21134: See...now you're just doin' it for fun.
    No i'm not,you did a very good job defending Jason
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @daredevil21134: I thank you kindly then...'Cause that was my goal. I couldn't take the injustice of anyone sayin' that Jason could be beaten so easily.

Side Note: What I meant by that was if you think Jason can be beaten by Tim, then you think Jason could be beaten easily.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

*slams head against desk*  

Jason isn't faster then Tim, he's just stronger.   

And I'm talking about fighting skill not actual physical stats. 

You only think Jason can win because he's beaten a less experienced, less skilled version of Tim Drake. Half the time, Jason gets the drop on Tim.  

The only thing Jason has on Tim now is strength. 

And Tim has beaten Jason at least once before.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ComicStooge

I never said he could beat him easily, but I said Tim could beat him.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ComicStooge: Tim has NEVER beat Jason. Tim is NOT faster than Jason. Why do you keep tryin' to downgrade Jason for Tim to win. In every stat but intelligence, Jason is the superior. EVERY stat. Tim didn't improve as much as you keep implyin' in physical stats. His improvements are so small they aren't even noticed. And the fact that you keep over lookin' is Jason has NEVER fought Tim to the best of his abilities...and he STILL wins.

Stop tryin' to misplay their skills. Tim is like a shield agent to Punisher (bein' Jason) Jea, the shield agent has trainin' (but isn't a master of anything). And the Punisher mastered a lot of fightin' styles...and kills. Who wins? Because accordin' to you...the shield agent.

See how dumb you sound.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RainEffect
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@RainEffect
    I've never heard of that third instance where Tim jumped in the way. Well, there you go, learn something new everyday. 
    Hah! It's a weird feeling, ain't it? People on the internet don't know the difference between an argument and a debate. You clearly won, as you've made me change my opinion and I now believe Tim wouldn't beat Jason.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

First of all, Tim has beaten Jason during Search For A Hero. 

Second of all, what the hell are you talking about? I'm not downgrading anyone. I've never seen Jason pull of any impressive speed or agility feats, Tim has plenty. He's been able to fight people with the touch of death, he's fought both Ra's Al Ghul and Catman. When has Jason not fought Tim to the best of his abilities? In their latest fight (I think BFtC) Jason had to use underhanded tactics, ambushing and the environment to beat Tim, while Tim was wearing a costume that was heavier then what he was used to.

Second of all, how can I see how dumb I sound

Thirdly, what you're saying about the SHIELD Agent and Frank Castle makes no sense at all. Frank Castle has only mastered one fighting syle Nash Ryu Ju Jitsu, though he is skilled in others.  

Tim also didn't have his bo-staff in BFtC would've made a difference.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ComicStooge

And you know what? Even if Jason is better (which in my opinion, he isn't) Tim was still a better Robin then he ever was. Tim is also a better character and his book(s) are better then anything Jason has been in.
    tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tiger26

i really don't think tim would school jason and didnt jason train with people who were on the same level of the people who trained batman just sayin
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ComicStooge said:
    And you know what? Even if Jason is better (which in my opinion, he isn't) Tim was still a better Robin then he ever was. Tim is also a better character and his book(s) are better then anything Jason has been in.

Tim bein' a better Robin or character...is only opinion. To me Tim is the worst character DC has. So that discredits both statements to me. And Tim havin' a better book than anything Jason's been in is a lie. I'll have you remember that Under the Red Hood was such an amazin' book that they made a animated movie out of it. So what did Tim ever do to match that awesomeness? Tim was so unimportant that they didn't even put him in the movie. Meanwhile, Jason is such a great character that thousands of fans protested to get him his own book, Tim only got his own book by default.

@ComicStooge said:
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

First of all, Tim has beaten Jason during Search For A Hero. 

Second of all, what the hell are you talking about? I'm not downgrading anyone. I've never seen Jason pull of any impressive speed or agility feats, Tim has plenty. He's been able to fight people with the touch of death, he's fought both Ra's Al Ghul and Catman. When has Jason not fought Tim to the best of his abilities? In their latest fight (I think BFtC) Jason had to use underhanded tactics, ambushing and the environment to beat Tim, while Tim was wearing a costume that was heavier then what he was used to.

Second of all, how can I see how dumb I sound?  Thirdly, what you're saying about the SHIELD Agent and Frank Castle makes no sense at all. Frank Castle has only mastered one fighting syle Nash Ryu Ju Jitsu, though he is skilled in others.   Tim also didn't have his bo-staff in BFtC would've made a difference.

NO, Tim has never beaten Jason.

Tim is the least agile, and if you've never seen Jason do anything to show his speed and agility were better than Tim's...then you've NEVER known Jason's character to begin with. Makin' this conversation full on biasim from you. In all the fights you've mentioned of Tim...he's done poorly to the people he fought...and even lost to them. Those AREN'T help factors. Again, THIS is what I meant when I said you don't read. I already said that Jason has yet to use his other styles against Tim...you know, like his capoeira. Meanin' that  Jason NEVER fought Tim usin' every thing he knows...therefore, Jason has never fought Tim to the best of his abilities. Quit makin' excuses for Tim. The job requires that Tim be ready for everything.  So it isn't Jason's fault that Tim (despite how smart he's SUPPOSE to be) was dumb enough to let Jason ambush him, and inexperienced enough to NOT know how to use his surroundings. You also can't use that the suit was heavy, as an excuse because Tim CHOSE to wear it...and CHOSE to go to Jason's hideout. Tim could've ambushed Jason, but again...his inexperience lost him that chance.

Secondly, you can see how dumb you sound by READIN' it idiot...this is a thread...we ARE typin'. Thirdly it does make sense. The shield agents (like Tim) have had trainin' in fightin' styles, but AREN'T masers of anything. While Punisher on the other hand (like Jason) HAS mastered stuff, and kills. Don't throw Tim's bo-staff into anything, unless Jason gets to have his kriss blade. Now THAT would've made a HUGE difference.

@tiger26 said:
    i really don't think tim would school jason and didnt jason train with people who were on the same level of the people who trained batman just sayin
    With this post right here, he just PROVED why Tim could NEVER win. Jason was trained by Bruce, and people on Bruce's level right?...Right.
    Jason mastered most of what these people taught him right?...Right.
    Jason KILLED the people who taught him (who, might I add...are on Bruce's level) right?...Right.
    So again, how does Tim win?
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

You're trying to tell me Tim is a crap fighter, when you HATE him so much.  

Jason is nowhere near Bruce's level, Bruce beat Jason down pretty hard, or as hard as he would've liked.

The most importtant thing to happe to Jason, was him getting killed, his death was the best thing about him.  

Tim is a far more interesting character, he's more likeable, just because they haven't put him in a movie, doesn't mean he's better then Jason. 

Tim is one of the most popular Batfamily members around, but Jason? Currently, he's pointless.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RainEffect
    @Rabbit_May_Cry
    Hah, they're still going? Give up bro. They probably won't see the logic in your argument.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ComicStooge
    I never said Tim was a crap fighter...I actually said he was a good fighter. He's just not on Jason's level Because Jason has mastery over more fightin' styles, and is advanced over Tim in all traits that make a fighter great  except intelligence. THAT'S fact. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it any less true.

You can make all the excuses you want for Tim, but it will NEVER change the fact that Jason is his superior.

@RainEffect: You know what...you're right. Because the more I talk to him, the more I learn that he has no basses for his argument. He's puttin' everything on popularity. You can tell by how he talks about Jason that he dislikes him. But it's doubtful that he'll admit it.

He says Tim can beat Jason, but not Grayson. But fails to see that Jason and Grayson are damn near equals when it come to their traits and skills. So how could Tim beat one, but lose badly to the other? It makes no sense.

Commonsense is something that this guy lacks. And you can tell by everyone else in this thread seein' the truth of Jason's higher level of abilities...except him. You can see that everyone else in this thread has caught the logic of what ALL was said, and came to understand that Jason actually is out of Tim's league...except him.

It's sad...and laughable. Hahaa...
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect
    @Rabbit_May_Cry
    Some people don't understand reason, it happens quite often, specially in Battle Forums. People use no reason but still claim superiority lol. 
    I didn't read it, but my point still stands that on a neutral standard fight Jason takes it. If anyone would like to enlighten me, feel free. 
    P.S. Sorry RE, I forgot/didn't have time to reply properly to you yesterday.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp: No, we handled the discussion, and came to the conclusion that Jason is superior to Tim. Meanin' that Jason wins. There were SO many factors to prove this that it was unbelievable that it was up for discussion. So you didn't miss much...but you can always go back over the thread and comment if you disagree.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @ReVamp: No, we handled the discussion, and came to the conclusion that Jason is superior to Tim. Meanin' that Jason wins. There were SO many factors to prove this that it was unbelievable that it was up for discussion. So you didn't miss much...but you can always go back over the thread and comment if you disagree.
    No, that's how I pretty much standed in the first comment of this Thread. (Well, not counting OP of course)
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp: I knew...I just wanted to see if you'd re-read it Hahaa...But any-whatever, If you want somethin' funny to read check this out.
    http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/darcstorm/cause-its-funny/87-70295/

At least I think it's funny.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RainEffect
    @ReVamp
    All good bro. As Rabbit said, I basically came to the acceptance that Jason would best Tim in a hand-to-hand encounter. It was basically the combined effort of you, Entropy_aegis and especially Rabbit that made me realise that. We had a good debate about it. Now we're amused as ComicStooge hasn't got the memo.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @RainEffect: ...(shaking head no)...doubt he would pig...doubt he would.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect: LOL. I'd like to add though that Tim can win. He'd just have to runaway to an area which would prove advantageous and use his intellect to find a way to get in at Jason. Which is why there is a Jason v Tim battle. This is specially possible after the time he spent with his tenure as Red Robin. He though  up split second plans and ideas which turned the way things were going.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp: I doubt it because of the little brother affect...NO-ONE wants to lose to their little brother. And why would Jason chase Tim? Tim's the one that believes that he's the better hero.

Now to me, I agree that Jason is the better hero because he handles things the way I would. You can't just keep sendin' people who will KILL people to jail. Because they break out and KILL people. Basically if you kill 1 person that was goin' to kill 37 people...then you saved 37 lives. But if you arrest a person that was gonna kill 37 people...the person can STILL break out of jail and kill those 37 people...how many lives did you save?...NONE.

Sorry, not tryin' to start another discussion, I just wanted to say that.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @ReVamp: I doubt it because of the little brother affect... NO-ONE wants to lose to their little brother. And why would Jason chase Tim? Tim's the one that believes that he's the better hero.

Now to me, I agree that Jason is the better hero because he handles things the way I would. You can't just keep sendin' people who will KILL people to jail. Because they break out and KILL people. Basically if you kill 1 person that was goin' to kill 37 people... then you saved 37 lives. But if you arrest a person that was gonna kill 37 people...the person can STILL break out of jail and kill those 37 people...h ow many lives did you save?...NONE.  S orry, not tryin' to start another discussion, I just wanted to say that.
    1. That's not a reason at all. If they were fighting, they'd have some objective in mind. Otherwise they wouldn't be fighting.
    2. He is the better hero, because Jason's not a hero. 
    3. You like the character more. Doesn't mean anything. 
    4. Well, Dc wouldn't have much success with their villains all dead, so they keep them alive. 
    5. STILL, it doesn't mean anything. You like his character more. That bring nothing to the table. 
    6. This has nothing to do with the fight.  
    7. Okay, but you still haven't told me how Jason's going to beat Tim in the scenario I proposed.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp: Oh that's the ease. Like I said before, Jason's the better strategist. Whatever plan Tim tries to use on him, wouldn't be good enough that Jason couldn't use it to help himself. THAT'S what natural strategist do. Plan plans inside of other plans.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @ReVamp: Oh that's the ease. Like I said before, Jason's the better strategist. Whatever plan Tim tries to use on him, wouldn't be good enough that Jason couldn't use it to help himself. THAT'S what natural strategist do. Plan plans inside of other plans.
    I'm sorry but that's wrong. Tim is much more intelligent than Jason and can create much better plans in a much shorter time span. What you're probably confused about is that Jason has a much more milatiristic approach to situations which make his plans seem like they're much better, when in fact they're not.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp: No...Jason always has plans set in his plans. Intelligence doesn't always equal great strategies. There are brilliant people who couldn't plan their way out of an open door. But natural strategist make plans even when there's no need for a plan. That's just how their minds work. And Tim doesn't have that.

Although I'm not sayin' that Tim wouldn't be able to hatch a plan...I'm just sayin' that Jason is ALWAYS plannin'. So Tim's plan may not hold up too well.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @ReVamp: No...Jason always has plans set in his plans. Intelligence doesn't always equal great strategies. There are brilliant people who couldn't plan their way out of an open door. But natural strategist make plans even when there's no need for a plan. That's just how their minds work. And Tim doesn't have that.  Although I'm not sayin' that Tim wouldn't be able to hatch a plan...I'm just sayin' that Jason is ALWAYS plannin'. So Tim's plan may not hold up too well.
    I'm sorry, while what you are saying is true, Tim is not one of those people. Tim is basically a mini Batman. He's knows how to plan and that's his approach to things. Its not Jason's though, Jason's more of a go there, do stuff kind of guy, with the occaisional military plan to back him up. Jason is not always planning. You've got the character mixed up for sure. 
    Tim even got Ra's approval on how he was different from all the other Robins because he works differently, always planning. That's why Ras wanted him to be his heir.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp
    I actually don't have them mix because Jason is always portrayed as the man with the plan. That stemmed  AFTER he came back to life. So as Robin he wasn't much of a strategist, but as Red Hood, that's basically what he does. I didn't know what Ra's said ...('cause like I said)...I don't follow any of Tim's books. But what are strategies anyway?...detailed plans.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @ReVamp: I actually don't have them mix because Jason is always portrayed as the man with the plan. That stemmed  AFTER he came back to life. So as Robin he wasn't much of a strategist, but as Red Hood, that's basically what he does. I didn't know what Ra's said ...('cause like I said)...I don't follow any of Tim's books. But what are strategies anyway?...detailed plans.
    He's not. I follow all of Jason's appearances (within reason) post ressurection and I really think you haven't gotten the character.
    When is he portrayed as a man of Strategy. (No Lost Days)
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By daredevil21134
    @ReVamp said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@ReVamp: I actually don't have them mix because Jason is always portrayed as the man with the plan. That stemmed  AFTER he came back to life. So as Robin he wasn't much of a strategist, but as Red Hood, that's basically what he does. I didn't know what Ra's said ...('cause like I said)...I don't follow any of Tim's books. But what are strategies anyway?...detailed plans.
    He's not. I follow all of Jason's appearances (within reason) post ressurection and I really think you haven't gotten the character. When is he portrayed as a man of Strategy. (No Lost Days)
    Read his appearance in Green Arrow,he is a careful planner,and his latest appearance in Batman and Robin.Alot of the times he fights he has the area trapped.Another example is when he fought Tim,he broke into the Titan and took out Cyborg and Beast boy and gassed Raven.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @daredevil21134 said:

@ReVamp said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

He's not. I follow all of Jason's appearances (within reason) post ressurection and I really think you haven't gotten the character. When is he portrayed as a man of Strategy. (No Lost Days)
    Read his appearance in Green Arrow,he is a careful planner,and his latest appearance in Batman and Robin.Alot of the times he fights he has the area trapped.Another example is when he fought Tim,he broke into the Titan and took out Cyborg and Beast boy and gassed Raven.
    Thank you kindly.

@ReVamp
    All of what he said, plus...Jason hasn't interacted with anyone without the added purpose of accomplishin' a higher overall goal. Hell...the only reason why he became Batman was to get Grayson to realize that he should be Batman.
    The Green Arrow thing was also a plan for Mia...and his Batman and Robin thing was to still stop crime, but with the overall plan to make Grayson a better Batman.

Come to think of it He has a lot of plans to help Grayson. Wasn't the idea of Jason bein' Nightwing a plan to get Grayson to become Nightwing again? I don't remember.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

And I forgot to add that Jason mastered strategy trainin' from a master strategist. So JEA...that puts him higher as a strategist.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    And I forgot to add that Jason mastered strategy trainin' from a master strategist. So JEA...that puts him higher as a strategist.
    Who? Batman? LOL. 

@daredevil21134 said:
    @ReVamp said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

True. But  not to the level of Tim. 

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @daredevil21134 said:

@ReVamp said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Thank you kindly.

@ReVamp: All of what he said, plus...Jason hasn't interacted with anyone without the added purpose of accomplishin' a higher overall goal. Hell...the only reason why he became Batman was to get Grayson to realize that he should be Batman. The Green Arrow thing was also a plan for Mia...and his Batman and Robin thing was to still stop crime, but with the overall plan to make Grayson a better Batman.  Come to think of it He has a lot of plans to help Grayson. Wasn't the idea of Jason bein' Nightwing a plan to get Grayson to become Nightwing again? I don't remember.

No, he didn't want him to become Batman and No he didn't want him to become Nightwing again, since he only took a break.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ReVamp: Jea he did...He even said that he was doin' what Grayson was suppose to when he was bein' Batman.  Face it, Tim has NEVER had any plan that matched even the worst thought out plan of Jason's. Tim isn't Jason's equal in anything. Although, Tim is smarter, he isn't a better strategist than Jason is.
    redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By redwingx

Tim Drake is the best Detective among all of the Robins. But thats it, when it come strategy, experience, combat. He is behind Jason, Dick.. You have to consider that Tim is younger than Jason. Its only natural for him to not being able to beat his "older brother in a fight". 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @ReVamp: Jea he did...H e even said that he was doin' what Grayson was suppose to when he was bein' Batman.  Face it, Tim has NEVER had any plan that matched even the worst thought out plan of Jason's. Tim isn't Jason's equal in anything. Although, Ti m is smarter, he isn't a better strategist than Jason is.
    1. Just contradicted yourself. 
    2. Where do I begin? That's so subjective it isn't even worth it. 
    3. Forget Strategy. We're talking one on one plans. If either of them was going up against 1000 men and had to make a strategy, Jason's would be better. This is a one on one plan, analyze, observe and find a solution. It is much like being a detective and it is the type of Plan Tim knows how to do.
    Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Postacrat

I feel Tim is being a bit under played because of personal views on the character.  I've followed Tim his entire life in comics and I've seen what he's been through.  To me personally he is the most fleshed out character in the batman family.  Dick was the first and so he is the most familiar by default and Jason was basically meant to be a clone of Dick, them being older than Tim Drake should play a factor because they have more experience and are physically stronger due to them being of a more advanced age then Tim.  I just personally feel like the only disadvantages Tim has is his age in this topic.  I also believe he would be just as good as any former Robin if he was with batman and extensively  trained as long as they were, except he would stomp all three of them in raw detective potential.  As far as comics go Tim's character had the most depth of all Robin's and the most realistic situations for a young boy with such a big responsibility and secret on his shoulders, hiding things like constant bruises from his friends, family and teachers.  Trying to maintain relationships, being sexually aroused by older heroins, out of all the Robin's he is just a more relative character.  Also it should be noted that he is the longest standing robin while Grayson was sort of fast forwarded in order to facilitate his Nightwing persona and Jason Todd was killed off by fan's.  It also should be stated that he is the only Robin to ever get his own series.  His ongoing series was a good one he did everything from team up with the Huntress to taking on the likes of the KG beast and Shiva.  Tim Drake is not necessarily a weak Robin he's a different kind of robin and always was.  While Dick and Jason were mainly only able to truly master the physical attributes of their training and be good detectives through experience, Tim is a natural with detective skills and is still considered a master combatant with plenty of room to grow as he grows.  Damien Wayne is a natural fighter but he is dumb, and just because he's a more aggressive combatant does not mean he'll own Tim when he get's older.  Age will be on Tim's side in that scenario just like age is on Dick and Jason's side over Tim.  I have looked over this discussion and I just feel like Tim is being compared to two Robin's who physically should be better than him through age and experience, but this being used as a reason to make Tim appear weak is unfair especially if you saw everything he went through in the original Robin series run.  I think Tim has improved a lot, look for him to start besting a lot of people soon if he's handled properly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.