Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Jason in the Bat Universe

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By X9

I've just read Batman#0 and I have to say, from all the Robins that showed up, Jason starred my favorite "scenes".

He was on the edge of right and wrong, you could see he was not the typical selfish bad guy, but he could act like them when it was needed (or when he was pushed to). Anyway, a real younger Jason.

My point is that I just love when he interacts with other Bat Family members or when he's in their universe. It fits him better and it provides a lot of possibilities that can actually work out.

I'm not reading Red Hood and the Outlaws and one of the reasons is because I feel like Jason is out of place. It works sometimes, but still doesn't make me wanna buy it every month.

It's ok if he continues with the Outlwas and so on, but it'd be nice if he could belong to both "universes". Being a more constant figure in the Bat titles, not only making cameons that seem to be forgotten. I'm sure it's not happening so soon and that many of you won't like, but that's how I feel and I wanned to share it.

That's all :)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134

I get your point,but I am the exact opposite.I prefer him away from the Bat Family

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By viin

Ditto that was my favorite part too. I havnt been reading RHATO...well i have issue 6 and 9...but yea everything else seems like its outta place. All we can say at the moment is lets be happy that he at least hes got his name on a book though I would like to see more solo stories not including the outlaws or the batfamily.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fodigg

DC hasn't known what to do with Jason since they brought him back. At least with the new 52 Jason, they've settled on an approach. Because man, readers were getting whiplash from his switches between absolute villain, anti-hero, and misunderstood hero.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agreed with fodigg. I see his new series as what the New Teen Titans series was for Dick. Not as groundbreaking or nearly as good, but it gets him away from Batman and allows him to have his own adventures and grow. In a series like this he really can't be in the bat universe, because Kori and Roy don't fit there. As long as they have a direction for him I say he should stay where he is and appear every now and again for Bat Family events, like Death of the Family.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.