Is Jason better off dead?

• 97 results
#51 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@KidSupreme said:
"Jason Todd is awesome... I think they need to work on him more... Being trained by Batman he would make one of the best arch-enemy ever, he would give Batman / Robin /Nightwing /Red Robin a run for their money!    ----If they need to kill off anyone it has to be Damian Wayne (this character is garbage) "

why is he garbage
#52 Edited by punchline (53 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it is good that he was brought back and sometimes the fans just shouldn't vote. i mean look at some of the ridiculous outcomes in the battles of the whole marvel vs dc cross over. that was fan based voting and some of the results didn't take into account the characters powers or anything.

#53 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@punchline said:
"i think it is good that he was brought back and sometimes the fans just shouldn't vote. i mean look at some of the ridiculous outcomes in the battles of the whole marvel vs dc cross over. that was fan based voting and some of the results didn't take into account the characters powers or anything. "

Some fans just voted for the hell of it but the margin of his deafeat wasn't that high
#54 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5477 posts) - - Show Bio

If there's something that's better off dead, it's his red hair that has to be replaced with black hair with a white stripe.

#55 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" Is he better off dead, or do you like the direction he is going in now? "
I like him alive, but the direction he's currently going in isn't the right one.
#56 Edited by saiyan_earthling (5477 posts) - - Show Bio

and also, his recent red hood outfit needs to go away and give him back his biker outfit, but with a trenchcoat taste and with a Red Hood to cover his head (not the helmet, but a hood on a coat)

#57 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
"and also, his recent red hood outfit needs to go away and give him back his biker outfit, but with a trenchcoat taste and with a Red Hood to cover his head (not the helmet, but a hood on a coat) "

that sounds cool.I loved the Hush coat
#58 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
"If there's something that's better off dead, it's his red hair that has to be replaced with black hair with a white stripe. "

QFT
#59 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

People will just label him Skunkboy then lol.

#60 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#61 Posted by HumanX (161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maniac2312: I think Jason Todd's got plenty of potential as the only Robin who isn't a full on hero like Dick or Tim. He's one of the main three Robin's and has the deepest dark side. He's edgier than Batman and has come back from the dead. I think the character is just not appreciated enough. He's kind of like Wolverine without the powers and underage female sidekicks.
#62 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio
@HumanX:
He was killed for a reason and I just hate it when good deaths go to wast like that.  Norman Osborn is another good example of someone who should have stayed dead.
#63 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@HumanX said:
" @Maniac2312: I think Jason Todd's got plenty of potential as the only Robin who isn't a full on hero like Dick or Tim. He's one of the main three Robin's and has the deepest dark side. He's edgier than Batman and has come back from the dead. I think the character is just not appreciated enough. He's kind of like Wolverine without the powers and underage female sidekicks. "

Agreed
#64 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maniac2312:

The reason he was killed was the blood lust of 14 year olds that grew up watching Adam West on reruns and who wanted to see if DC would do it. 

That's a crappy reason. Probably also why they never let the masses dictate from the bleachers again.
#65 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
" @Maniac2312:  The reason he was killed was the blood lust of 14 year olds that grew up watching Adam West on reruns and who wanted to see if DC would do it.  That's a crappy reason. Probably also why they never let the masses dictate from the bleachers again. "

Its great to have a fan like you around bro,you tell em
#66 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

It don't matter, they wrote a good story around it and moved Batman on from that.  The way he died sucked, yes and the reason (fan votes), but he still died and was buried.......thinking on it the better example I was thinking of ealier is Bucky :( 
Anyway, if they at least waited till this "Blackest Night" thingy came along to bring him back I might be able to accept it better :/

#67 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio

He's alive and i'm happy
#68 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

NO.

#69 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
"

NO.

"
#70 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that Jason is alive and I believe he should not have died. I know that it was a good story and it helped develop Batman into a more darker character but I just don't see how it would be better to leave him dead. Now Norman on the other hand yes. I mean his son is also the Green Goblin so there really isn't a reason to bring him back. But Jason has potential. He could be what Gotham really needs. A real symbol of fear.

#71 Posted by Vance Astro (91352 posts) - - Show Bio
@HumanX said:
" @Maniac2312: I think Jason Todd's got plenty of potential as the only Robin who isn't a full on hero like Dick or Tim. He's one of the main three Robin's and has the deepest dark side. He's edgier than Batman and has come back from the dead. I think the character is just not appreciated enough. He's kind of like Wolverine without the powers and underage female sidekicks. "
Every character has plenty of potential.
#72 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup
#73 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

They certainly do.

#74 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

love him or hate him, you have to admit he makes things interesting when he is involved in a story line.

#75 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

He does. Every story that has him in it, whether he has red hair or black the cool biker costume or the...other one. He sure does shake things up and makes it entertaining and interesting just to find out what it is that he is up to.

#76 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"He does. Every story that has him in it, whether he has red hair or black the cool biker costume or the...other one. He sure does shake things up and makes it entertaining and interesting just to find out what it is that he is up to. "

He gets people talking
#77 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. And who doesn't like to talk about Jason. All I can say is even though there are haters on here that hate Jason he still gets them to "talk" about him. Whether its negative or not. Fans still respond to him.

#78 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Although I like Jason Todd, I think its somewhat disrespectful to bring him back after having the whole gimmicky 1-800 kill him or safe him deal. "
Yeppers!
#79 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

How was it disrespectful to bring him back? People die in comics and are brought back all the time. What makes this situation any different?

#80 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"How was it disrespectful to bring him back? People die in comics and are brought back all the time. What makes this situation any different? "

Because they paid 15 cents.Gosh
#81 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was dumb. People should have known it wouldn't last if they were going to pay the 15 cents they should have known that it would be a waste.

#82 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have stayed dead.......
#83 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Well that was dumb. People should have known it wouldn't last if they were going to pay the 15 cents they should have known that it would be a waste. "

lol
#84 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I had completly forgotten I made this thread......And to be fair his ressurrection WAS a very gray area. Not sure if I already said this but on the back of the volume of A Death in the Family, there was a quote from O'Neil saying "It would be a really sleazy stunt to bring him back"

#85 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and have you seen the commentary on Under the Red Hood about Jason Todd? He repeats that it same quote then says that he was wrong about it because of the way they brought him back. And that no one in comics stays dead. I get why people are angry about his return but hell I was angry when they killed off Superman and brought him back. I hate Superman. And there was some gray area with that too. He was in a hibernated sleep due to the sun. So he was basically in a coma. The Man of Steel in a coma. Get real.  But I learned to let it go because as I read more stories with him in it especially the Superman/Batman titles I started to like his character a bit more. 

#86 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Yes and have you seen the commentary on Under the Red Hood about Jason Todd? He repeats that it same quote then says that he was wrong about it because of the way they brought him back. And that no one in comics stays dead. I get why people are angry about his return but hell I was angry when they killed off Superman and brought him back. I hate Superman. And there was some gray area with that too. He was in a hibernated sleep due to the sun. So he was basically in a coma. The Man of Steel in a coma. Get real.  But I learned to let it go because as I read more stories with him in it especially the Superman/Batman titles I started to like his character a bit more.  "

cool
#87 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134: 

Thank you. lol.
#88 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Yes and have you seen the commentary on Under the Red Hood about Jason Todd? He repeats that it same quote then says that he was wrong about it because of the way they brought him back. And that no one in comics stays dead. I get why people are angry about his return but hell I was angry when they killed off Superman and brought him back. I hate Superman. And there was some gray area with that too. He was in a hibernated sleep due to the sun. So he was basically in a coma. The Man of Steel in a coma. Get real.  But I learned to let it go because as I read more stories with him in it especially the Superman/Batman titles I started to like his character a bit more.  "

We dont need primmaster to see this.
#89 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:  See which part? And why?
#90 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"@RedHoodJT said:
We dont need primmaster to see this. "

lol....be nice everyone lol
#91 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:  I seriously don't get it what is wrong with what I said?
#92 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
" @daredevil21134:  I seriously don't get it what is wrong with what I said? "

nothing bro,its ok man
#93 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
" @daredevil21134:  I seriously don't get it what is wrong with what I said? "

Prim is a superman fan ,you said nothing wrong ,but still.
#94 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ok lol. I was like I wasn't bashing on Superman or anything just saying that for a while I wasn't fond of him. I personally blame the JL and JLU cartoons for making Superman a pompous ass.

#95 Posted by daredevil21134 (12332 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
"Oh ok lol. I was like I wasn't bashing on Superman or anything just saying that for a while I wasn't fond of him. I personally blame the JL and JLU cartoons for making Superman a pompous ass. "

oh
#96 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea.

#97 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like him, being dead makes batman feel more realistic in how he can be so angry sometimes and sometimes he just gets in the way. Most of the time when writers write batman related titles they seem like they are trying to ignore he is still alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.