I have a confession to make...

• 90 results
#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be starting to like Jason Todd. 

THERE! I SAID IT! 

You know, getting it out in the open is the first step to ... well, recovery?

#2 Edited by God_Spawn (37308 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia sure liked him. BAM right in the Red Hood.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32667 posts) - - Show Bio

whats wrong about that?

#4 Posted by INNOCENTCATEXE (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:

Say two Our Fathers and two Hail Mary's, and go in peace. Ramen.

#5 Edited by The_Tree (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I literally LOL'd.

#6 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate him either. I just find hard to like. There is nothing wrong with that, friend.

#7 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I self evaluated myself with the same condition, my symptoms are buying his book caring if he lives or dies wanting him to rejoin the Bat Family and thinking he's a bad a$$, I don't know when it started, I think I'm very very sick....am....am I going to die

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#9 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#11 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

I self evaluated myself with the same condition, my symptoms are buying his book caring if he lives or dies wanting him to rejoin the Bat Family and thinking he's a bad a$$, I don't know when it started, I think I'm very very sick....am....am I going to die

I'm scared, I feel the onset symptom number 1. The desire to buy Under the Red Hood is steadily growing and it may end up being that I buy the entire series of the Lost Days (which is biologically impossible for me). 

@god_spawn said:

EFF YOU
#12 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd has the rare distinction of having become more likable after he started killing people

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37308 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: You know everytime you see my account, Jason or Talia I want you to remember that moment and this playing in the back of your head.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@BlackArmor said:

I'm scared, I feel the onset symptom number 1. The desire to buy Under the Red Hood is steadily growing and it may end up being that I buy the entire series of the Lost Days (which is biologically impossible for me).

I did some research It seems there is a rare disease going around called the "He has a good writer and a good story right now" disease. The only known cure is a tablet pill "Bendis level writer screwing the character"

#16 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@RainEffect said:

@BlackArmor said:

I did some research It seems there is a rare disease going around called the "He has a good writer and a good story right now" disease. The only known cure is a tablet pill "Bendis level writer screwing the character"

That's the disease I've contracted. At first I thought I was immune to RHaTO after being exposed to #1, but #2 was pretty damn contagious.
#17 Posted by God_Spawn (37308 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Comics need to arranged by writer and artist not by character.

#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

I may be starting to like Jason Todd. THERE! I SAID IT! You know, getting it out in the open is the first step to ... well, recovery?

He's a good character welcome to the family.If you act right i'll give you your official Hoodie membership card

#20 Edited by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAANNNNDD!!...It's growin'. Red Hood's awesomeness is touchin' others.

Meanwhile...(not much to do with Red Hood)...check THESE out.

www.darcrabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

I still like Dick Grayson better but I do like Jason, he was a terrible Robin but he really shines as the Red Hood

#22 Posted by DeadJester (89 posts) - - Show Bio

jason was meant to be red hood. i dont think i could have ever liked his character as much as i do now if he had been able to stay robin or was still on close terms with the bat family. its something about being the outcast badass in a family of baddasses that makes him shine. unfortunateky my liking this character often puts me on the wrong side of many hardcore batman fans. if only they could see they could like him without "betraying" their precious dark knight... lol

#23 Edited by redhood21 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Bias aside like pre-biased towards Red Hood never heard of comicvine me bought under the red hood on a whim and never looked back. Awsome story and the movie was just as awsome. Red Hood Lost Days was just as good and shows a little more depth to Jason and makes him a lot more likable. There is more good in him than he realizes and its interesting to see him grow as a character. And Jason Todd is the character that got my girlfriend to read comics. NUFF SAID!

#24 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

to me, the red hood has always been a failed Batman more or less. Borrows an old identity, kills, no real/natural talent, punk etc,(basically an anit Batman)

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeadJester said:

jason was meant to be red hood. i dont think i could have ever liked his character as much as i do now if he had been able to stay robin or was still on close terms with the bat family. its something about being the outcast badass in a family of baddasses that makes him shine. unfortunateky my liking this character often puts me on the wrong side of many hardcore batman fans. if only they could see they could like him without "betraying" their precious dark knight... lol

so true

#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy0009e said:

to me, the red hood has always been a failed Batman more or less. Borrows an old identity, kills, no real/natural talent, punk etc,(basically an anit Batman)

I consider it more of a parody of Batman, which is why Morrison's Jason/Red Hood was so perfect. 
#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Superguy0009e said:

I consider it more of a parody of Batman, which is why Morrison's Jason/Red Hood was so perfect.

(Claps) A not so negative comment

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Superguy0009e said:

Dude, I've always said that I love Morrison's Red Hood. It was my av for awhile lol 
#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Superguy0009e said:

Dude, I've always said that I love Morrison's Red Hood. It was my av for awhile lol

Everytime I think of your av I think Cloud Strife lol

#30 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

......I still maintain that all the fans who called DC and voted for him to be murdered had their heads screwed on right.

#31 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

......I still maintain that all the fans who called DC and voted for him to be murdered had their heads screwed on right.

Well yeah he sucked as Robin, but he's better as Red Hood

#32 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Jason.

#33 Edited by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Alot of them that it was Dick Grayson lol

#34 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: @BlackArmor: As I've said before...(which is what DC also said themselves)...Jason's death only won by 70 somethin' votes. But DC later learned that 1 fan voted HUNDREDS of times. Therefore, Jason was never suppose to die because the fans didn't want that. It was just 1 roster swallower that had no life at all who got away with it.

#35 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@CitizenBane: @BlackArmor: As I've said before...(which is what DC also said themselves)...Jason's death only won by 70 somethin' votes. But DC later learned that 1 fan voted HUNDREDS of times. Therefore, Jason was never suppose to die because the fans didn't want that. It was just 1 roster swallower that had no life at all who got away with it.

No, actually. There was never any proof for that one-fan-voted-for everything theory, it was just something Dennis O'Neil said, and he himself admitted that it was just a rumor that may or may not have been true. A Death in the Family and it's vote were formulated in the first place because Jason was so unpopular with fans, he was the worst sidekick in the history of sidekicks. Even in the issues predating his death, he's just as much of an irritating little punk, and that hasn't changed much since the infamous retcon punch. His successor, Tim Drake, was a hundred times more popular than Jason ever was, he was the only Robin to receive not one but two on-goings while still being a sidekick.

#36 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

No, actually. There was never any proof for that one-fan-voted-for everything theory, it was just something Dennis O'Neil said, and he himself admitted that it was just a rumor that may or may not have been true. A Death in the Family and it's vote were formulated in the first place because Jason was so unpopular with fans, he was the worst sidekick in the history of sidekicks. Even in the issues predating his death, he's just as much of an irritating little punk, and that hasn't changed much since the infamous retcon punch. His successor, Tim Drake, was a hundred times more popular than Jason ever was, he was the only Robin to receive not one but two on-goings while still being a sidekick.

That is because Tim Drake has a much stronger character than Jason was in his robin days. Tim also had the luxury of having great supporting cast and better story-lines. Like some people have already mentioned Jason is much better as Red Hood than he was as boy wonder. He's more of an anti-hero/ potential villain than a bonafide superhero

#37 Posted by SithLantern93 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay.

#38 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all the robins except damien.

#39 Posted by Meinos Kaen (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I totally agree with you... In Hindsight. Since without him dieing, we never would have had him coming back and becoming the Red Hood. One thing that we always have to keep in mind is that the Robin Jason that died and the Red Hood Jason that came back to life are two very different individuals, the latter born out of the tragedy that befell the former. All in all, I'm thankful that he died because otherwise he never would have come back just right. :)

#40 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#41 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meinos Kaen said:

@CitizenBane said:

I totally agree with you... In Hindsight. Since without him dieing, we never would have had him coming back and becoming the Red Hood. One thing that we always have to keep in mind is that the Robin Jason that died and the Red Hood Jason that came back to life are two very different individuals, the latter born out of the tragedy that befell the former. All in all, I'm thankful that he died because otherwise he never would have come back just right. :)

EXACTLY!!

@CitizenBane: F*** Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake!!

@soccersss: Jason is better as Red Hood than as Robin. Not to mention, he doesn't want to be a hero. He likes kickin' ass without restraint. Tim will ALWAYS be a Robin...because he sucks ass. But Jason, Jason has long graduated that title...much like Grayson. I believe that Damian will graduate bein' Robin before Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake...again...because Tim SUCKS ASS!!

#42 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Meinos Kaen said:

@CitizenBane said:

EXACTLY!!

@soccersss: Jason is better as Red Hood than as Robin. Not to mention, he doesn't want to be a hero. He likes kickin' ass without restraint. Tim will ALWAYS be a Robin...because he sucks ass. But Jason, Jason has long graduated that title...much like Grayson. I believe that Damian will graduate bein' Robin before Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake...again...because Tim SUCKS ASS!!

LOL. Tim hasn't been Robin for 2 years now, and when Dick became Batman he told him that he couldn't have Tim as a side-kick because he considered him an equal. A sentiment that Bruce echoed upon his return. Tim has always been and will always be more popular than any version of Jason. He's had two successful ongoings, which is more than Jason could ever claim. The fans don't lie, like it or not. I find it endlessly amusing that you call Tim "bitch-made" when practically every minute of Jason's life is spent whining about whatever the latest perceived injustice he's been dealt is.

#43 Edited by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Meinos Kaen said:

@CitizenBane said:

EXACTLY!!

LOL. Tim hasn't been Robin for 2 years now, and when Dick became Batman he told him that he couldn't have Tim as a side-kick because he considered him an equal. A sentiment that Bruce echoed upon his return. Tim has always been and will always be more popular than any version of Jason. He's had two successful ongoings, which is more than Jason could ever claim. The fans don't lie, like it or not. I find it endlessly amusing that you call Tim "bitch-made" when practically every minute of Jason's life is spent whining about whatever the latest perceived injustice he's been dealt is.

Jason's character was made not to be liked on purpose...but yet he still has fans. Tim only got those ongoin' to dig deeper into his life. But at this same time...Jason was dead. Meanwhile, Jason is the only Robin to have gotten a movie made about him. Can't say the same for Tim can you...a no.

Also, Tim didn't graduate bein' Robin...he was expelled. Grayson and Bruce only said what they said to Tim because no-one wants to walk around with a grown ass side-kick...that's just embarrassin' to the hero. Not to mention, they also felt Damian needed to be Robin MORE. In order to be an equal, you have to equal. Tim got his ass kicked by everyone in the bat-family. Did Jason?...Did Grayson? Nope...just Tim. And there is a difference between wantin' to let people know about the bad things that happened to you...and Cryin' about everything that happens, even if it has nothin' to do with you...(which is what Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake does). He'd also rather jump people than fight them one-on-one. Hence the groups he's always tryin' to join. AND in every fight that he's ever had with anyone who was trained...HE'S the first to pull out a weapon.

As you can see, there's more that goes into bein' Bitch-Made than just whinin'. Takin' the bitch way out of every situation makes Tim Bitch-Made. Say what you want about Jason...but he doesn't even do a FORTH of the Bitch-Made things that Tim does. Which is why Tim will ALWAYS be Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake to me...'cause he's Bitch-Made.

#44 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Jason's character was made not to be liked on purpose...but yet he still has fans.

Of course he was. He was made to be liked because of his emotional roots.

Tim only got those ongoin' to dig deeper into his life.

They sold. That's the point.

But at this same time...Jason was dead.

Because fans voted for him to be killed.

Meanwhile, Jason is the only Robin to have gotten a movie made about him. Can't say the same for Tim can you...a no.
The movie wasn't about him. It was the struggle that Bruce has had with the fact that Bruce has to face with his greatest failure, who just happens to be Jason Todd.
Also, Grayson and Bruce only said what they said to Tim because no-one wants to walk around with a grown ass side-kick...that's just embarrassin' to the hero.

You're bias is so apparent its not even funny. You're just supposing.

Not to mention, they also felt Damian needed to be Robin MORE. In order to be an equal, you have to equal. Tim got his ass kicked by everyone in the bat-family.

He got his ass kicked by everyone except Damian, so? How does that have anything to do with his character?

Did Jason?...Did Grayson? Nope...just Tim.

The fact that Jason is a better fighter than Tim has just... nothing to do with anything.

And there is a difference between wantin' to let people know about the bad things that happened to you...and Cryin' about everything that happens, even if it has nothin' to do with you...(which is what Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake does). He'll also rather jump people than fight them one-on-one.

Oh true. Because Jason has never jumped Tim.

Hence the groups he's always tryin' to join. AND in every fight that he's ever had with anyone who was trained...HE'S the first to pull out a weapon.

... Not True and how is this even relevant? He was trained with a weapon as opposed to Hand-to-Hand.

As you can see, there's more that goes into bein' Bitch-Made than just whinin'. Takin' the bitch way out of every situation makes Tim Bitch-Made. Say what you want about Jason...but he doesn't even do a FORTH of the Bitch-Made things that Tim does.

Fourth isn't spelled right. The fact you don't get the character just doesn't make me want to build an argument.

Which is why Tim will ALWAYS be Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake to me...'cause he's Bitch-Made.

Oh Right. Glad to know you at least realize that these opinions pertain solely to you.

#45 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Jason's character was made not to be liked on purpose...but yet he still has fans. Tim only got those ongoin' to dig deeper into his life. But at this same time...Jason was dead. Meanwhile, Jason is the only Robin to have gotten a movie made about him. Can't say the same for Tim can you...a no.

His character was not made to be disliked on purpose (are you aware how stupid that sounds?), he simply sucks, point blank. Tim only got those ongoings to dig deeper into his life? Duh? What's an ongoing for if not to draw focus to the character? And LOL, that animated movie is an adaptation of a story arc. It is a Batman story, and is no more a Jason story than Crisis on Two Earths was a Crime Society story. How desperate can you get?

Also, Grayson and Bruce only said what they said to Tim because no-one wants to walk around with a grown ass side-kick...that's just embarrassin' to the hero.

I like how this is completely and utterly made up. But please, keep telling yourself that if it helps you feel better.

Tim got his ass kicked by everyone in the bat-family. Did Jason?...Did Grayson? Nope...just Tim. And there is a difference between wantin' to let people know about the bad things that happened to you...and Cryin' about everything that happens, even if it has nothin' to do with you...(which is what Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake does). He'll also rather jump people than fight them one-on-one. Hence the groups he's always tryin' to join. AND in every fight that he's ever had with anyone who was trained...HE'S the first to pull out a weapon.

As you can see, there's more that goes into bein' Bitch-Made than just whinin'. Takin' the bitch way out of every situation makes Tim Bitch-Made. Say what you want about Jason...but he doesn't even do a FORTH of the Bitch-Made things that Tim does. Which is why Tim will ALWAYS be Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake to me...'cause he's Bitch-Made.

You seem to think being able to attack someone makes you an equal to that person. What kind of idiotic notion is that? Dick himself has acknowledged that Tim is smarter than him, he is noted for being the smartest member of the Batclan next to Bruce himself, who has remarked that Tim might one day inherit the cowl. Bruce himself said that of the three Robins Tim is the one most like him. Deal with it. Have you even read anything from before Jason returned? He was always whining and bitching about everything around. And that hasn't changed, not one bit. For that matter, when has Tim "jumped people rather than fight them one-on-one"? Read something, please.

It's spelled "fourth" and Jason's entire life is spent whining and bitching. Tim's is not. Never has been. Tim will always be "bitch-made" to you because your knowledge of him is practically non-existent and almost everything you know about Jason is from his idiotic post-IC stories. Please don't pretend like you actually think you're making sense.

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (37308 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like no one can find the middle ground for the Robins it's funny. People overrate and just as much underrate Jason. I guess the same goes for Tim now too.

#47 Posted by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: @ReVamp: @Rabbit_May_Cry: Lets not turn this into a Tim Vs Jason debate please,its been done a million times

#48 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Actually, its pretty much the thread. LMAO.

#49 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

It's like no one can find the middle ground for the Robins it's funny. People overrate and just as much underrate Jason. I guess the same goes for Tim now too.

I beg to differ. Even though I was defending Tim, I like Jason far more.

#50 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
TIM FTW!!! :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.