how do you think the relationship is between bruce and jason

#1 Posted by ultimatejones (42 posts) - - Show Bio

When i read Redhood and the outlaws #1 their was a referance to jason and bruce making up. How do you think the relationship is? its good enough for bruce to pay for his eqipment and for jason to wear a bat-symbol on his chest

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Rember Jason didn't make the refrence it was more of Roy mocking him. When lobdell had an interview he said Jason's relationship with the bat family in general was when thanksgiving rolls around they'll all be having a nice family dinner and jason will be looking through the window from the bushes wondering why he isn't there

Online
#3 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

dont get me wrong on this but i think bruce is acting more like a dead-beat dad who chooses villains over his own adopted son

#4 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Rember Jason didn't make the refrence it was more of Roy mocking him. When lobdell had an interview he said Jason's relationship with the bat family in general was when thanksgiving rolls around they'll all be having a nice family dinner and jason will be looking through the window from the bushes wondering why he isn't there

I think he was referrin' to how they were BEFORE the reboot. Now, I think they're more "the fightin' shits behind them" than anything. But they aren't makin' any efforts to get together for anything.

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry: Hold on i'll check exactly what he said it was when he answered fan question

Online
#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

non-existent, they've both moved on from each other.

#7 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Well, I'll be waitin'.

#8 Edited by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry:

"Also will Jason still hate the Bat-family?"

"I don't think he hates them. I think he finds their methods to be, well, stupid and self-limiting. But as far as hate? I think he is more likely to hide in the bushes at Wayne Manor on Thanksgiving Day and look at everyone eating turkey dinner by a roaring fireplace and wondering why he isn't inside with the others -- wondering if maybe he couldn't have made different choices. But I don't think that's hate"

-Scott Lobdell

Online
#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12874 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grubich said:
dont get me wrong on this but i think bruce is acting more like a awesome dad who chooses justice over his own adopted son

fixed 
 
deadbeat dad is a term for a father who refuses to take care of his children not one who refuses to murder his son's killer. 
 
Bruce has tried to reach out to Jason and he as refused every time.
Online
#10 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that now Jason is developing into his own character and separating himself from The Batfamily for the time being. However, seeing Lobdell's take on Starfire, it's questionable whither or not that's a good thing.

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (11362 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason said it best himself,Batman, Gotham, and the villains all deserve each others.I believe that's what he said

Online
#12 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
non-existent, they've both moved on from each other.
This.
#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

non-existent, they've both moved on from each other.

Good.

#14 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry:

"Also will Jason still hate the Bat-family?"

"I don't think he hates them. I think he finds their methods to be, well, stupid and self-limiting. But as far as hate? I think he is more likely to hide in the bushes at Wayne Manor on Thanksgiving Day and look at everyone eating turkey dinner by a roaring fireplace and wondering why he isn't inside with the others -- wondering if maybe he couldn't have made different choices. But I don't think that's hate"

-Scott Lobdell

He loves his family in his own, bizzarre twisted perverted happy trigger way.

@TheCrowbar said:

non-existent, they've both moved on from each other.

So if you move from living with your family, the relationship ends?

So why does Jason use a giant Batlogo in the chest?

#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000:

He doesn't love the Batfamily, he loved Bruce but that's over. Bruce isn't going to compromise his morals for Jason and Jason isn't going to seek "treatment". He wears the symbol as a quiet way to flip the bird to the family, he's not part of Batman Inc nor does Bruce condone him. The character has only a past connecting to the whole Bat-Family concept, his future will be built on what he does from here on, on his own.

#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

He doesn't love the Batfamily, he loved Bruce but that's over. Bruce isn't going to compromise his morals for Jason and Jason isn't going to seek "treatment". He wears the symbol as a quiet way to flip the bird to the family, he's not part of Batman Inc nor does Bruce condone him. The character has only a past connecting to the whole Bat-Family concept, his future will be built on what he does from here on, on his own.

Still he use the logo for a reason, if he have no feeling for them, he would stop using anything connected to them.

He could even stop using the Red Hood persona and maked a new one, he decide to use it, he haves feeling for them, he wants to kick all of them in the ball, but that dont change that is the way that the Batfamily show his love to each others.

Is like why the Skywalker family like to cut the hand of their family memebers.

#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000:

The reason is to give a finger to Bruce and to confuse people. I'm pretty sure they'd explain the actual reason for the symbol, but I'm pretty sure it's not love. I don't remember any of his recent internal monologues supporting that.

Jason not using the Red Hood mantle would skew his popularity. Most people wouldn't know just by looking at a comic Jason was some other persona.

Not sure I get your skywalker analogy.

#18 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

The reason is to give a finger to Bruce and to confuse people. I'm pretty sure they'd explain the actual reason for the symbol, but I'm pretty sure it's not love. I don't remember any of his recent internal monologues supporting that.

Jason not using the Red Hood mantle would skew his popularity. Most people wouldn't know just by looking at a comic Jason was some other persona.

Not sure I get your skywalker analogy.

Still they are selling it as Jason and the Outlaws, i am saiying, that family love, is not always what you see in movies, being part of a family some times means, you will have some type of initiation ritual.

That why Jason, Tim and Dick, are more loved that Damien, who never really pass the initiation ritual.

That why Barbara as Batgirl, was not a member, but she was as Oracle.

Also i am sure, people knows him as Jason Todd more that as The Red Hood and always that he keeps, his biker slothes, people would know who he is.

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

The reason is to give a finger to Bruce and to confuse people. I'm pretty sure they'd explain the actual reason for the symbol, but I'm pretty sure it's not love. I don't remember any of his recent internal monologues supporting that.

Jason not using the Red Hood mantle would skew his popularity. Most people wouldn't know just by looking at a comic Jason was some other persona.

Not sure I get your skywalker analogy.

Still they are selling it as Jason and the Outlaws, i am saiying, that family love, is not always what you see in movies, being part of a family some times means, you will have some type of initiation ritual.

That why Jason, Tim and Dick, are more loved that Damien, who never really pass the initiation ritual.

That why Barbara as Batgirl, was not a member, but she was as Oracle.

Also i am sure, people knows him as Jason Todd more that as The Red Hood and always that he keeps, his biker slothes, people would know who he is.

They're selling it as Red Hood and the Outlaws. Which is in reference to everything you said in that post.

#20 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

The reason is to give a finger to Bruce and to confuse people. I'm pretty sure they'd explain the actual reason for the symbol, but I'm pretty sure it's not love. I don't remember any of his recent internal monologues supporting that.

Jason not using the Red Hood mantle would skew his popularity. Most people wouldn't know just by looking at a comic Jason was some other persona.

Not sure I get your skywalker analogy.

Still they are selling it as Jason and the Outlaws, i am saiying, that family love, is not always what you see in movies, being part of a family some times means, you will have some type of initiation ritual.

That why Jason, Tim and Dick, are more loved that Damien, who never really pass the initiation ritual.

That why Barbara as Batgirl, was not a member, but she was as Oracle.

Also i am sure, people knows him as Jason Todd more that as The Red Hood and always that he keeps, his biker slothes, people would know who he is.

They're selling it as Red Hood and the Outlaws. Which is in reference to everything you said in that post.

It was a joke, why no one gets my jokes?

Also Red Hood is a way to be in some way connected with the Joker.

#21 Posted by danhimself (22448 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the symbol is nothing more than a dig to Bruce and that Jason probably got tired of Dick and Bruce kicking his a$$ and putting him Arkham so he decided it was best to just leave Gotham altogether and move past the petty revenge/whatever his whole thing was

#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think it's a bunch of crap. I like Redhood and the Outlaws but I really liked where they were going with Jason before the reboot. He seemed like he was Bamtan's ultimate failure as well as becoming the Bat families or Dick's ultimate villain. I loved the way Dick and Jason could banter off of one another. They were a perfect match (Like Sonic and Shadow; lol not really sure why those two came to mind but they work)

#23 Posted by daredevil21134 (11362 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't wanna see Jason around anyone from the Batfamily for along time

Online
#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jason needs to pass more time with the Batfamily, keep him as the badass he was.

To be honest, it makes more sense that he making a team with Starfire.

#25 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I think Jason needs to pass more time with the Batfamily, keep him as the badass he was.

To be honest, it makes more sense that he making a team with Starfire.

Outlaws isn't a team, Lobdell is pretty explicit on that.
 
That being said, he needs the separation from the Batfamily so he's not just another member of their rogue's gallery.
#26 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I think Jason needs to pass more time with the Batfamily, keep him as the badass he was.

To be honest, it makes more sense that he making a team with Starfire.

Outlaws isn't a team, Lobdell is pretty explicit on that. That being said, he needs the separation from the Batfamily so he's not just another member of their rogue's gallery.

So what it is?

He needs to leave Gothams, yes, does he need to separate himself of Batman, no, he would lost a lot if he does that.

#27 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

make him a mercenary like deathstroke. 

#28 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason's relationship with Bruce...(to me)...is lingerin'. The bad stuff is squashed, and they're both on to different things.Jason doesn't hate Bruce, nor do I think he ever did. He was just mad at him. But now, Jason feels that the stuff he was tryin' to do seems pointless to keep tryin' to do. Bruce won't kill for him, so Jason will kill by himself. I don't think there are any problems with Jason and Bruce...(or even Grayson for that matter)...anymore. But I think he still hates Tim.

However, I AM glad that DC chose to take Jason away from the male members of the Bat-family so we could see what he does on his own without them. So far...it's GREAT!!

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't wanna see Jason around anyone from the Batfamily for along time

What about Cassandra?

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I think Jason needs to pass more time with the Batfamily, keep him as the badass he was.

To be honest, it makes more sense that he making a team with Starfire.

Outlaws isn't a team, Lobdell is pretty explicit on that. That being said, he needs the separation from the Batfamily so he's not just another member of their rogue's gallery.

So what it is?

He needs to leave Gothams, yes, does he need to separate himself of Batman, no, he would lost a lot if he does that.

It's just friends of Jason's, goin' on adventures with him...That's all.

@Mega_spidey01 said:

make him a mercenary like deathstroke.

NO!! For the love of god let Jason be Jason. People need to stop tryin' to make him into other people. He can become someone on pare with...(if not better)...then all the people everyone wants to compare him to.

#29 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mega_spidey01 said:
make him a mercenary like deathstroke. 
Hi. No.
 
Jason is being Jason. That means whatever he thinks is moral. Not for money.
#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Jason's relationship with Bruce...(to me)...is lingerin'. The bad stuff is squashed, and they're both on to different things.Jason doesn't hate Bruce, nor do I think he ever did. He was just mad at him. But now, Jason feels that the stuff he was tryin' to do seems pointless to keep tryin' to do. Bruce won't kill for him, so Jason will kill by himself. I don't think there are any problems with Jason and Bruce...(or even Grayson for that matter)...anymore. But I think he still hates Tim.

However, I AM glad that DC chose to take Jason away from the male members of the Bat-family so we could see what he does on his own without them. So far...it's GREAT!!

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't wanna see Jason around anyone from the Batfamily for along time

What about Cassandra?

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I think Jason needs to pass more time with the Batfamily, keep him as the badass he was.

To be honest, it makes more sense that he making a team with Starfire.

Outlaws isn't a team, Lobdell is pretty explicit on that. That being said, he needs the separation from the Batfamily so he's not just another member of their rogue's gallery.

So what it is?

He needs to leave Gothams, yes, does he need to separate himself of Batman, no, he would lost a lot if he does that.

It's just friends of Jason's, goin' on adventures with him...That's all.

@Mega_spidey01 said:

make him a mercenary like deathstroke.

NO!! For the love of god let Jason be Jason. People need to stop tryin' to make him into other people. He can become someone on pare with...(if not better)...then all the people everyone wants to compare him to.

I hate Tim too, the only reason is his Harvey Bidrman costume.

He haves bigger chance with Ravager.

Each episode featured Scooby and the four teenaged members of the Mystery, Inc. gang: Fred,Shaggy, Daphne and Velma, arriving to a location in the "Mystery Machine" and encountering a ghost, monster, or other supernatural creature, who was terrorizing the local populace.

Red Hood, where are YOU???

@Mega_spidey01 said:

make him a mercenary like deathstroke.

To work with him, yes, to train with him yes, become him noooooooo

#31 Posted by redwingx (743 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes Jason interesting is his connection with the batfamily otherwise hes just Punisher 2.0 or any other hero who kills criminals. Trying to stay away from the family is bad. What Jason need to do is talk to Bruce.

#32 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason is the son Bruce regrets training, his biggest mistake in the long line of creating successors. He knew Jason had terrible rage inside him, but tried to teach him into channeling that for the cause of justice. And he would have succeeded if the Joker hadn't killed him.

Bruce feels terrible guilt over that. And he is still trying to find a way to "cure" him.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwingx said:

What makes Jason interesting is his connection with the batfamily otherwise hes just Punisher 2.0 or any other hero who kills criminals. Trying to stay away from the family is bad. What Jason need to do is talk to Bruce.

Saddly, people like the Punisher that much, in some point of the future all the DC and Marvel will be Punishers.

#34 Posted by daredevil21134 (11362 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@redwingx said:

What makes Jason interesting is his connection with the batfamily otherwise hes just Punisher 2.0 or any other hero who kills criminals. Trying to stay away from the family is bad. What Jason need to do is talk to Bruce.

Saddly, people like the Punisher that much, in some point of the future all the DC and Marvel will be Punishers.

I would say that about Deadpool more then Punisher

Online
#35 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's kind of like a "gentlemen's battle" between the two. I don't think they like each other, but they do respect each other. And there's no way Red Hood would actually try and kill Batsy. There's still something that remains from Todd's Robin years. In the end, they're sort of...friendly enemies.

#36 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@redwingx said:

What makes Jason interesting is his connection with the batfamily otherwise hes just Punisher 2.0 or any other hero who kills criminals. Trying to stay away from the family is bad. What Jason need to do is talk to Bruce.

Saddly, people like the Punisher that much, in some point of the future all the DC and Marvel will be Punishers.

I would say that about Deadpool more then Punisher

I hope so, at least Wade is more funny and more deep that Frank.

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

He doesn't love the Batfamily, he loved Bruce but that's over. Bruce isn't going to compromise his morals for Jason and Jason isn't going to seek "treatment". He wears the symbol as a quiet way to flip the bird to the family, he's not part of Batman Inc nor does Bruce condone him. The character has only a past connecting to the whole Bat-Family concept, his future will be built on what he does from here on, on his own.

Still he use the logo for a reason, if he have no feeling for them, he would stop using anything connected to them.

He could even stop using the Red Hood persona and maked a new one, he decide to use it, he haves feeling for them, he wants to kick all of them in the ball, but that dont change that is the way that the Batfamily show his love to each others.

Is like why the Skywalker family like to cut the hand of their family memebers.

I thought there was a jet to be reviled reason why Jason uses the bat logo?
#38 Posted by redwingx (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@redwingx said:

What makes Jason interesting is his connection with the batfamily otherwise hes just Punisher 2.0 or any other hero who kills criminals. Trying to stay away from the family is bad. What Jason need to do is talk to Bruce.

Saddly, people like the Punisher that much, in some point of the future all the DC and Marvel will be Punishers.

I would say that about Deadpool more then Punisher

Does Deadpool have anger problems?

#39 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@redwingx said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@redwingx said:

What makes Jason interesting is his connection with the batfamily otherwise hes just Punisher 2.0 or any other hero who kills criminals. Trying to stay away from the family is bad. What Jason need to do is talk to Bruce.

Saddly, people like the Punisher that much, in some point of the future all the DC and Marvel will be Punishers.

I would say that about Deadpool more then Punisher

Does Deadpool have anger problems?

Yes he haves, but he dont show it like Jason.

#40 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no bad blood or anything like that between Bruce and Jason. Jason has moved on from the Batfamily and said that Gotham City, the rogues and Batman deserve each other. And Bruce isn't funding Jason's anything. Jason makes a reference to how he has a place and weapons stashes all over the place. He pays for it all with the help of the many criminals he's killed and taken their money. Re read issue number 2 of Red Hood & the Outlaws. He wears that symbol for two reasons that I can think of. Reason number one would be that he still very much feels a part of the Batfamily even if he doesn't show it therefore the bat symbol he wears is an homage to is upbringing into the world of ass kicking. And the second reason is because he can.

#41 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10115 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedHoodJT said:

There is no bad blood or anything like that between Bruce and Jason. Jason has moved on from the Batfamily and said that Gotham City, the rogues and Batman deserve each other. And Bruce isn't funding Jason's anything. Jason makes a reference to how he has a place and weapons stashes all over the place. He pays for it all with the help of the many criminals he's killed and taken their money. Re read issue number 2 of Red Hood & the Outlaws. He wears that symbol for two reasons that I can think of. Reason number one would be that he still very much feels a part of the Batfamily even if he doesn't show it therefore the bat symbol he wears is an homage to is upbringing into the world of ass kicking. And the second reason is because he can.

He is that crazy uncle everybdoy haves that is always angry and scream at the kid at family reunions, that is drunk and say the things to hurt the rest of the family, but still everybody loves him, even if all the family want to kick in the nuts.

So he also use the batlogo for the same reason why Starfire have sex with anything that moves?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.