Has Jason Ever Killed or tried to kill innocent people?

#1 Posted by Bopper Girl (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious since he was beating tim drake to a pulp and even attempted to kill dick grayson as well as other good guys. 
Am I right?

#2 Posted by TriSkeith13 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. For Drake, it was a test to see if he was tough enough to be Robin. Drake had passed Bruce's and Dick's test, but not Jason's. Needless to say he passed. Jason even acknowledged Drake's prowess and expressed envy that if he had a privileged life like Drake's, he'd probably had been a better Robin too.  

Jason has never, in sane of mind, killed or attempted to kill a Hero. Make no mistake, this is not a villain who fights like others do. Before Tony Daniels, Jason's fights with heroes always led to a greater purpose. Always a plan established with a goal at the end of it.  

He's now gone insane after Bruce's death. Out of his mind, Jason has no such plans or reservations.

#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (9115 posts) - - Show Bio
@TriSkeith13 said:
"Depends. For Drake, it was a test to see if he was tough enough to be Robin. Drake had passed Bruce's and Dick's test, but not Jason's. Needless to say he passed. Jason even acknowledged Drake's prowess and expressed envy that if he had a privileged life like Drake's, he'd probably had been a better Robin too.   Jason has never, in sane of mind, killed or attempted to kill a Hero. Make no mistake, this is not a villain who fights like others do. Before Tony Daniels, Jason's fights with heroes always led to a greater purpose. Always a plan established with a goal at the end of it.   He's now gone insane after Bruce's death. Out of his mind, Jason has no such plans or reservations. "

Well said
#4 Edited by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio

As of now, sure, he's killed or tried to kill innocents. 

Til someone sneaks in a thought bubble where he talks about "aiming just so damn carefully to wound Damian and near-impale Drake just to get Grayson to man-up and be Batman after he let the idea rot for 4 months was a lot of damn work" 

or 

"Heh, innocents? Like O'Malley and Rodriquez, those cops I fragged in Gotham General? Lemme tell you something, those "officers of the law" used to molest the vegetables in the coma ward. Gordon has the video I sent him. Instead, I'm a cop killer and they're heroes. Less paperwork that way. Better for the city's image". 

#5 Posted by Bopper Girl (188 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen: not sure what u said but hey works for me. just goes to show that jay-bird is just a corrupted as the joker just the same.
#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (9115 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen said:
"As of now, sure, he's killed or tried to kill innocents.  Til someone sneaks in a thought bubble where he talks about "aiming just so damn carefully to wound Damian and near-impale Drake just to get Grayson to man-up and be Batman after he let the idea rot for 4 months was a lot of damn work"  or  "Heh, innocents? Like O'Malley and Rodriquez, those cops I fragged in Gotham General? Lemme tell you something, those "officers of the law" used to molest the vegetables in the coma ward. Gordon has the video I sent him. Instead, I'm a cop killer and they're heroes. Less paperwork that way. Better for the city's image".  "

lol
#7 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5281 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing innocent people would be too easy for Jason. He may have fought with heroes, but this was because he tried to kill the bad guys with good guys like Bruce and Dick not complying with his methods.

#8 Posted by NemeSonics (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jason tries to find reasonable kills cause he still maintains some of the morals he learned from Bruce.

#9 Posted by jayskee (1903 posts) - - Show Bio

jason doesn't kill innocent people only guilty
#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (9115 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayskee said:
"jason doesn't kill innocent people only guilty "
#11 Posted by Bopper Girl (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why would he try to kill batman?

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bopper Girl: Because a. he has a very personal vendetta against the Bat-Family and b. he doesn't view them as innocent.
#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Bopper Girl: Because a. he has a very personal vendetta against the Bat-Family and b. he doesn't view them as innocent. "

Which makes him a villian.
#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Bopper Girl: Because a. he has a very personal vendetta against the Bat-Family and b. he doesn't view them as innocent. "
Which makes him a villian. "
Who was the Villian in DKR?
#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
Who was the Villian in DKR? "

Superman?batman? 
who cares?miller never got batman plain and simple.he had his own twisted idea to make him a jerkish psyscho,and it's not even cannon. 
#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
Who was the Villian in DKR? "
Superman?batman? who cares?miller never got batman plain and simple.he had his own twisted idea to make him a jerkish psyscho,and it's not even cannon.  "
In your opinion.
#17 Posted by RedHoodsDen (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
Which makes him an enemy, an adversary. 

Everyone with a vendetta against someone is not a villain. Sometimes...they're the hero actually. 
#18 Posted by ChadwickDavis (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodsDen:
I have to agree with you; however in Jason's case it becomes an issue of how far he's willing to go to accomplish his goals. The moment he starts indescrimnantly committing wanton acts of criminal activity regardless of the "greater good" he becomes a villain. While Jason has done more than flirted with that line, I don't think he has crossed the point of no return...yet. I dont think he has killed anyone "innocent" as of yet, though that is highly debatable.   

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.