Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Go To WonderCon, Get Tidbits from Winick

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I want Red Hood gossip, who's going to the con this weekend? 

And duh, tell him you want a series.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "I want Red Hood gossip, who's going to the con this weekend?  And duh, tell him you want a series. "

If you hear anything let me know
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Heh, I'm all the way down here in San Diego, bro. I'm hoping some NoCal folks read the board lol.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Heh, I'm all the way down here in San Diego, bro. I'm hoping some NoCal folks read the board lol. "

I live in California maybe we should meet up and talk to him lol
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Winick signings at the DC Booth:

Friday
    2:00 – 3:00pm
Frank Quitely, Tony Daniel, Judd Winick, Amy Reeder

Saturday
    3:00 – 4:00pm
 JT Krul, James Robinson, Judd Winick

Hope someone went today.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Ripped from a saturday panel: 

Of Jason Todd, Winick said "half of the time I think he wants to be a better Batman than Bruce, and half the time he just wants revenge on Batman for not killing Joker

Sunday's DC Icons panel:

Of his upcoming Batman & Robin arc, Winick says, "We will begin with the first meeting between Bruce Wayne and Jason Todd since Under the Hood, and it's at Arkham.  

"Jason Todd will be transferred from Arkham to a maximum security prison, and "locked up with thousands of bad guys, and things don't go well," the writer said.      

The story will be the first team-up between Jason Todd, Dick Grayson Batman and Damian Wayne Robin.    
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedHoodJT

I can't wait for this issue. Its all very interesting to me. I wish they would put the comic out bi weekly this month so I don't have to wait so damn long.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @RedHoodJT:
    What's the issue called  again? I've been waiting for Todd's return.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @god_spawn said:

"@RedHoodJT: What's the issue called  again? I've been waiting for Todd's return. "

Batman and robin 23 i think. 

This  should have ended after Morrison left,now we're getting mediocre arcs involving white angels and bruce's ex-girlfriends out for revenge for dumping them while dick and damain have to sweep the mess ,Winnick does'nt inspire any confidence in me at all either.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @god_spawn:  Issue 23 is the months of April. Issue # 24, which comes out in May, is the one where Todd comes back. 

@entropy_aegis:  I see where you're coming from. The story arcs after Morrison's to me feel a bit rushed. Not a whole lot of thought went in to them. In my opinion. I strongly believe that they could have done a pretty decent job but it just feels rushed. Winicks run sounds inspiring. It might breathe new life into the series. But I do agree with you. I love Winick's stories but this series has completely tanked since Morrison left to do Inc.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Ripped from a saturday panel: 
    Of Jason Todd, Winick said "half of the time I think he wants to be a better Batman than Bruce, and half the time he just wants revenge on Batman for not killing Joker
      Sunday's DC Icons panel: Of his upcoming Batman & Robin arc, Winick says, "We will begin with the first meeting between Bruce Wayne and Jason Todd since Under the Hood, and it's at Arkham.     "Jason Todd will be transferred from Arkham to a maximum security prison, and "locked up with thousands of bad guys, and things don't go well," the writer said.       The story will be the first team-up between Jason Todd, Dick Grayson Batman and Damian Wayne Robin.     "

DId you ask him for an ongoing title?
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen:
       daredevil21134 said:
    " @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Ripped from a saturday panel: 
      Sunday's DC Icons panel: Of his upcoming Batman & Robin arc, Winick says, "We will begin with the first meeting between Bruce Wayne and Jason Todd since Under the Hood, and it's at Arkham.     "Jason Todd will be transferred from Arkham to a maximum security prison, and "locked up with thousands of bad guys, and things don't go well," the writer said.       The story will be the first team-up between Jason Todd, Dick Grayson Batman and Damian Wayne Robin.     "
    DId you ask him for an ongoing title? "
    If so what did he say?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Primmaster64

Nice..Wait Bruce hasen't seen Jason since Under the Hood?...Wow Bruce...Wow.

Kureten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kureten
    @RedHoodsDen said: 

"Jason Todd will be transferred from Arkham to a maximum security prison 

That's...pretty confusing considering the DC website says he's being moved to lower-security prison. Though I can't imagine Arkham NOT being max security, so maybe a maximum security prison IS a downgrade....

Thanks for the info RedHoodsDen! And totally in agreement with you about Bruce Primmaster, I didn't realise it'd been so long. Wow.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "Nice..Wait Bruce hasen't seen Jason since Under the Hood?...Wow Bruce...Wow. "

What's to wow about,he went on an off world trip after IC and bruce went back in to time in FC.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Guys I didn't go. I was hoping one of you would lol. I just pulled some snippets from the con online and posted em here, 

@entropy_aegis said:

" @Primmaster64 said:
    What's to wow about,he went on an off world trip after IC and bruce went back in to time in FC. "
    Well I think when you really think about the fact they haven't been on panel together in nearly 5 years. It seems like more Wow. Even in Green Arrow, they didn't see eachother.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:

You don't like Bruce lol
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Well the whole thing about him being in Arkham is, it doesn't really surprise me, considering the direction DC is pushing for. I was rather livid and vocal about it at the time of BnR 6 that their intention was to make him the typical gotham crazy supervillain, and you can see it throughout, the redheaded bit plays on another level besides the step child, the balding, pocked skin was typical villain stuff.  That he didn't have the stereotypical hero genes, but moreso that of the villain. Same with the costume, it makes him look more villainous as he tries to look superhero-y. The point was to make him as physically twisted as Scarlet by the end of the arc. That's why Flamingo slashed his face and shot his ear off. I have to wonder if they'll follow through on him being maimed. But once they started to disfigure him I knew,  I KNEW, and I bloody well screamed that they were gonna send him to Arkham.  Everyone said I was wrong, he'd end up in Blackgate. But I knew those goddamn drama queens in editorial would never, ever pass up the chance to have Jason in a cell across from the Joker.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

Was there any meaningful news at all?
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Apparently not at least not the kind I'd hoped for, from fanboys who might've gotten to talk to Winick,  I'm rather surprised they haven't had any Batman panels this year. Everything's been rather lumped into the DC Nation or DC Icons panels. We used to have Batman panels. I dunno maybe it's because of all the Green Lantern stuff. 

Though, Winick's implication that the arc has more of that Jason surrounded by thousands of bad guys in jail aspect to the first issue. It reads more like it's dangerous for him, as opposed to the thousands of bad guys which is what a lot of people were actually clamoring for when they began asking for a Jason in prison storyline. That he'd be killing them all day long. Not me mind you, I didn't really care about that storyline [I have too much trouble with the notion Bat-people could be held prisoner] but other people seemed to. 

Makes you wonder though if Marts just peruses the DCO for ideas. That or Judd.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "Apparently not at least not the kind I'd hoped for, from fanboys who might've gotten to talk to Winick,  I'm rather surprised they haven't had any Batman panels this year. Everything's been rather lumped into the DC Nation or DC Icons panels. We used to have Batman panels. I dunno maybe it's because of all the Green Lantern stuff.  Though, Winick's implication that the arc has more of that Jason surrounded by thousands of bad guys in jail aspect to the first issue. It reads more like it's dangerous for him, as opposed to the thousands of bad guys which is what a lot of people were actually clamoring for when they began asking for a Jason in prison storyline. That he'd be killing them all day long. Not me mind you, I didn't really care about that storyline [I have too much trouble with the notion Bat-people could be held prisoner] but other people seemed to.  Makes you wonder though if Marts just peruses the DCO for ideas. That or Judd. "

I agree,I think he's far too skilled to be held in prison
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedHoodJT

He is. If he was trained by Bruce to escape everything then he is just like the other Robins, able to escape from any prison or holding cell no matter where it is. Unless he doesn't want to...

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I was really hoping for a "I can break these cuffs" homage in the paddy wagon but oh well.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen:  Yea that would've been pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.