Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Does he have the right to kill joker?

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I know he's batmans arch nemesis, I always hoped that's how it would end but Bruce probably won't ever kill him. If given the opportunity should Jason Todd be the one to kill the joker? Not any time soon, but one day... Basically should he be given sweet revenge. A life for a life.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlackWind

If any random civilian shot Joker dead, I doubt the police would mind, because they should have done it years ago.

"Whoops, my gun slipped!"

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

@BlackWind: I love your avatar JIM cover.

redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By redhoodnet

I hope that is the end to DotF. It would be great to see him polish off the Joker. And I think that if he did he would become more of a sympathetic figure to the rest of the Bat Family.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@Imperius_Rex: U know u just got me thinkin y wont the cops kill him i mean there is a death sentence

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Should the Joker be killed? as a person, yes, & while Jason does have the most right to kill him, maybe followed by Barbara, there are a lot of victims of Joker that also do have that right.

However, if the Joker ever is killed, or briefly killed, since the black Lanterns will probly be used again some day, I doubt anyone wants him with that kind of power.

In fact, the fear of another Blackest Night should be the reason given for why heros never kill their villains, & in fact also for them to try to NOT have their villains harmed. Maybe even for the villains to not to want to kill their heroes either.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Yeah I see what you mean. Bats needs to get his own damn jail cells custom for each of his high profile criminals because arkham is not working. Keep the guy sedated. Or in an induced coma.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Kill him, he should have been dead a long time ago. It's sort of funny how Batman is against killing but in not killing Joker (who wouldn't be missed and deserves death) has played the part in thousands of innocent lives being taken (by said joker...hell, every batman villain for that matter). It makes no sense and kill him already.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not anymore than any other victim of the Joker (To be clear i'm saying that Jason isn't anymore special than any other person the Joker's harmed.)

Exactly why it gets to the point where you really have to wonder how much Batman himself is responsible for the lives the Joker keeps taking. The first time he breaks out of Arkham you can call it a fluke. Batman puts him back in. The next time you can say the guards were crooked. Batman puts him back in. The next time you can say the prison alarm system malfunctioned. Batman puts him back in. And so on. At one point does he stop putting Joker in and honestly believe that the maniac won't get out again like he has dozens of other times? (And if I remember correctly there's a story where Joker describes Arkham as a sort of resting place for him between crimes.)

Though to be honest, I don't understand how a bunch of random cops haven't emptied entire magazines into the Joker's head before.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@redhoodnet said:

I hope that is the end to DotF. It would be great to see him polish off the Joker. And I think that if he did he would become more of a sympathetic figure to the rest of the Bat Family.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

2ndKentucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 2ndKentucky

@ULTRAstarkiller: The cops rarely get a chance to take a shot during an action and whenever they do, he pulls the gas or hostages or some psychology junk on the cops to keep them from pulling the trigger. And Court is out of the question. The Joker would pull the insanity plea so fast, it would be a waste of money to even bring him to the courtroom with the intention of getting the death penalty.

I would like to see Jason kill the Joker, with a crowbar. (I believe it has happened before, minus the Joker's death). But in actuality I want to see Batgirl take a shot at the Joker, she definitely deserves a chance.

A fun twist to this Death of the Family story line (which I am loving, by the way) would be for the whole Bat Family disregarding Batman's orders and suggestions and teaming up to take the clown down. With the tension between Batman and the rest at this point in the past couple of issues, I can see this to be a viable branch to the crossover. This would also give a plethora of material for bringing the family back together under the wing (pun intended) of the one man they all disobeyed. Just an idea going around in my head.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JasonTodd13

Jason has every right to kill the Joker, the Joker murdered him and enjoyed beating Jason with a crowbar. But ultimately, its not about vengeance for Jason, it was about getting avenged which Batman failed to do so.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

@SupremeHyperion said:

Kill him, he should have been dead a long time ago. It's sort of funny how Batman is against killing but in not killing Joker (who wouldn't be missed and deserves death) has played the part in thousands of innocent lives being taken (by said joker...hell, every batman villain for that matter). It makes no sense and kill him already.

Agreed

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By consolemaster001

Yes. If batman can’t do it jason will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 202122

Even Tim Drake agrees that Jason's there to do what needs doing

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Guardiandevil83

The first small animal he's ever kiled has that right.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chasereis

@Imperius_Rex: Dont see that happening. Why is arkham populated by dirty cop guards and knee jerk liberals that are so soft and fluffy as doctors that they are afraid hurting Mr Joker's feelings or something. Were this real life the Joker would have escaped the first time in body bag , case closed. One of the blessedly few things I hate about Batman titles. Joker should have sentenced to death or shot by a sniper cop in the head on a stakeout. "Whoops, commish, finger slipped", Gordon would be like "ok you're suspended with full pay for the rest of the year. I hope you will learn you lesson in Tahiti, you bad bad cop." Sorry rant...my bad.

Differentology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Differentology

Yes and the name of the article should be "An Eye for an Eye".

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlackWind

@chasereis said:

@Imperius_Rex: Dont see that happening. Why is arkham populated by dirty cop guards and knee jerk liberals that are so soft and fluffy as doctors that they are afraid hurting Mr Joker's feelings or something. Were this real life the Joker would have escaped the first time in body bag , case closed. One of the blessedly few things I hate about Batman titles. Joker should have sentenced to death or shot by a sniper cop in the head on a stakeout. "Whoops, commish, finger slipped", Gordon would be like "ok you're suspended with full pay for the rest of the year. I hope you will learn you lesson in Tahiti, you bad bad cop." Sorry rant...my bad.

I'd read that comic.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @202122 said:

Even Tim Drake agrees that Jason's there to do what needs doing

I think pretty much all of the Bat family except Batman, and maybe Dick agrees, heck Batgirl almost did it. 
    chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chasereis

@BlackWind: It be damned good wouldnt it? Personally I would like bats to either never catching Joker or having Joker martyred to others or copycats or something more reasonable. No human being could have pulled what Mister J pulled and lived. But hey, thats comics right?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Imperius_Rex: If he killed the Joker to prevent the immediate death of someone else that's one thing.

If he just hunts down and kills the Joker...that's murder, my friend, comic or not.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Billy Batson

Who doesn't?
    BB

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I don't think Jason has a problem with that. He'd murder joker if the plot demanded so.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By JamesKM716

Jason's the one member of the family with the guts to kill the Joker.

Actually scratch that, didn't Dick kill Joker in one comic? they revived him later, but still.

Anywho, Jason killing Joker would be... fitting.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only person that belives that The Joker should kill the Joker?

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Who doesn't?

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk think it would be completely justified if Joker did something that would kill thousands of people, like 9/11.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@Imperius_Rex said:

I know he's batmans arch nemesis, I always hoped that's how it would end but Bruce probably won't ever kill him. If given the opportunity should Jason Todd be the one to kill the joker? Not any time soon, but one day... Basically should he be given sweet revenge. A life for a life.

Absolutley. A life for a life. And if Batman is too selfish too take a life of a mass murderer who is responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents, than Red Hood needs to take charge.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JonSmith

I say when Joker pops up again, Red Hood decides no more, hunts him down, and puts a bullet in his head. No complicated traps, no inner turmoil, no disputes about the morality of it. Jason just hunts him down, and puts a bullet in his brain. An unceremonious end, but one fitting for someone as evil as the Joker.

Though people would hate it so much that Joker would be brought back somehow in a few issues.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@JonSmith:

Completely agreed

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By consolemaster001

@Differentology said:

Yes and the name of the article should be "An Eye for an Eye".

Or "I killed you but you killed me first"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.