Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1753 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Could someone explain to me how the blades work?

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I read Red Hood and the Outlaws a while back and I'm going to start using the swords for my RPG character during battles against other characters and I was wondering if anyone could give a detailed explanation on how they work and how powerful they are. It would really help me to know so I can work them into the bio and add or subtract things.

No Caption Provided

Bonus:

How do these work?
    How do these work?

Thanks!

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Well they're magical and the writer for Jason is Scott Lobdell so I doubt they'll ever be a real explanation.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_: The All-Blades can be summoned out of the air. Jason doesn't actually wear then on him. They are strong enough to tank hits from Supergirl while she is weilding Wonder Womans atom slicing sword. They are sharp enough to cut an Alien that was killing Jochi (Mongul's son), so basically they cut a near Superman tier character. They can shapeshift if Jason needs then too, like I said he slices durable people, but then he can make them dull to smack around street goons without killing them. They also shot flames one time, but it hasn't really been explained at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: they actually took a direct hit from WW's sword and didn't get cut in half?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@allstarsuperman: they actually took a direct hit from WW's sword and didn't get cut in half?

Yup. Several hits actually.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In RHatO #7 he says something like thet the sll blades can only be drawn in the face of absolute evil, and at least in the RHatO series he only uses them iirc when fighting the Untitled, so maybe thats the reason why he never uses them so rarely. But I'm not sure why he can use them in the crossovers with Superman and Supergirl.

--Essence--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: in RHatO 28 he uses them against the soldiers of the golden hand, so even in RHatO they can be used against others then the untitled but it doesn't explain why he doesn't use them more often.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@aahz said:

In RHatO #7 he says something like thet the sll blades can only be drawn in the face of absolute evil, and at least in the RHatO series he only uses them iirc when fighting the Untitled, so maybe thats the reason why he never uses them so rarely. But I'm not sure why he can use them in the crossovers with Superman and Supergirl.

it would be better if we had an explanation as to why he uses the swords

Avatar image for dark_tzitzimine
    Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something important to keep in mind is that there are two versions of the all-blades: as original envisioned by Lobdell and the magic swords Tynion used

Lobdell's blades only magical components were the fact they grew stronger when bathed in the blood of their wielder and the bit about only being able to be drawn before absolute evil. Aside of that, they were regular swords.

Tynion made them able to materialize out of thin air, turned them into laser blades and took away the "pure evil" restriction

@aahz said:

it would be better if we had an explanation as to why he uses the swords

Because they were meant to be only weapon able to kill the untitled. Once that Tynion took over he (or editorial) tried to made them Jason's signature weapon, replacing the guns.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_tzitzimine:

Thats more or less what I suspected.

But I would actually prefer if Jason would do more hand to hand combat, or would get his Kriss back. He is supposed to some kind of martial arts prodigy, so he should use this a little bit more.

OblivionHuntx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: do you know which issue the all blades tanked ww sword? And which issue they fought Monguls son?

Thanks and sorry for the bump

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: do you know which issue the all blades tanked ww sword? And which issue they fought Monguls son?

Batman/Superman Annual #1

OblivionHuntx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc
    deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: do you know which issues he shape shifts the blades and shoot flames?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.