Can Jason Todd be redeemed?

#1 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Can Jason Todd be redeemed 

2) Do you want him to be redeemed?

#2 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jason Todd, but no one has really written him well since his return.  Well, let me clarify...I like the idea of Jason Todd.  I think the whole "Battle for the Cowel" would have been more interesting to have Jason Todd AND Tim Drake being Batman, or at least Jason Todd.  I will admit I am not a fan of anything Grant Morrisson writes so everything I read is rather off putting.   

I think he can be redeemed...this is a comic book after all, so if they want to do something they will just retcon something or will shoehorn it in.  At this point, Jason Todd being redeemed isn't a stretch considering what's going on in the Batverse currently.  

#3 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@sammo21 said:
" I think the whole "Battle for the Cowel" would have been more interesting to have Jason Todd AND Tim Drake being Batman, or at least Jason Todd.

What do you mean? I thought Tim and Jason were being Batman in BFTC.
#4 Posted by AMS (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Yes anything is possible in comics. 

2) No, too many bat family members running around these days anyway.
#5 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be cool to see how Jason interacts with everyone if he was redeemed.

#6 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
  2) No, too many bat family members running around these days anyway. "

What do you mean? Wouldn't it be better to have more?
#7 Posted by AMS (1352 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: 

No I prefer him as a villian/anti hero than just another bit part Bat Family member fighting for face time in the books.
#8 Edited by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

ah, I see

#9 Posted by Baron_Emo (3562 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
" @primepower53:  No I prefer him as a villian/anti hero than just another bit part Bat Family member fighting for face time in the books. "
Yes. As many different people there are in the bat family now, it's interesting to see someone on the opposite side.
#10 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baron_Emo:
Yeah, it is interesting.  

though I do think that Batman Inc. would be the perfect opportunity to redeem Jason.
#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can

#12 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
Do you want him to be redeemed?
#13 Posted by batman_is_god (1173 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53:
I want him to be his Under The Hood form, so a little redemption to help him recover from Morrison's terrible writing would be nice. 

I believe he CAN be reformed, but I like him as the murdering vigilante.
#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too
#15 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

same.  

On another note, he didn't have a long career as Robin and I thought I might like to see him in Batman: confidential.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be awsome
#17 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134:
Yes. Yes it would.
#18 Posted by Benuben (225 posts) - - Show Bio

No! I really hope that he will stay as villan. He is awesome Anti-Batman and whole  evil Robin thing is absolutely genious. 
#19 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benuben:
Would you want to see him as Robin in "Batman: Confidential" ?
#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

i would
#21 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Possible 
2) That's up to Bruce Wayne

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
"1) Possible 2) That's up to Bruce Wayne "
#23 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see him redeemed and given his own book. I truly believe that he will be redeemed and be a covert team or one man person that batman uses to get rid of unwanted crime in some areas. If Batman needed someone killed or thought it would be for the best send in Jason.

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting
#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm
#27 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

zzzzz

#28 Posted by pinchpaker29 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can, worse people in comics have found redemption.

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@pinchpaker29:
Agreed
#30 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
"zzzzz "

lol
#31 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

He can 
But he won't

#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir:
I agree.
#33 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm
#34 Posted by Grubich (367 posts) - - Show Bio

1) You know that eventually he wil be redeemed.  2) Yes, I want him redeemed.  3) The story shouldd by all means have him kill Joker. Personaly want Jason to throw him either off the top of Gotham cathedral or Monarch theater, fall on top of Gordon's cop car, and yeah, dies on an awesome impact, car completely totalled. And this last part may be pushing it, but sometime at the end of the story, all immediate bat-family members are in the batcave, Bruce invites Jason (wondering why), and Bruce gives him his own batman costume with everyone ther to celebrate. (I said this last part may be pushin' it.) 

please comment
#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grubich said:
"1) You know that eventually he wil be redeemed.  2) Yes, I want him redeemed.  3) The story shouldd by all means have him kill Joker. Personaly want Jason to throw him either off the top of Gotham cathedral or Monarch theater, fall on top of Gordon's cop car, and yeah, dies on an awesome impact, car completely totalled. And this last part may be pushing it, but sometime at the end of the story, all immediate bat-family members are in the batcave, Bruce invites Jason (wondering why), and Bruce gives him his own batman costume with everyone ther to celebrate. (I said this last part may be pushin' it.)  please comment "

interesting
#36 Posted by Grubich (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Or another possibility is getting back at Two-Face for killing his father.
#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grubich said:
"Or another possibility is getting back at Two-Face for killing his father. "

Yeah that too
#38 Posted by God_Spawn (38405 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Jason could be redeemed. i want him redeemed and back in his motor jacket BA jason todd not whatever that whiny red head jason, morrison turned him into
#39 Edited by theiconic (912 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs to be, what would his redemption name ?   the  Dark hood?  Red Shadow.?

#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@theiconic said:
"he needs to be, what would his redemption name ?   the  Dark hood?  Red Shadow.? "

Red Shadow
#41 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

To Jason Todd is nothing more than a Batman who kills like in Battle of the Cowl, he can possibly be redeemed but I rather he not be. Aside from the BS Grant Morrison pulled in Batman & Robin, Jason was at his greatest in Lost Days and that version of him should be brought back. Jason could be DC's answer to the Punsher but with a Batman-esque twist that would make for great reading
#42 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Midnight Monk said:
"To Jason Todd is nothing more than a Batman who kills like in Battle of the Cowl, he can possibly be redeemed but I rather he not be. Aside from the BS Grant Morrison pulled in Batman & Robin, Jason was at his greatest in Lost Days and that version of him should be brought back. Jason could be DC's answer to the Punsher but with a Batman-esque twist that would make for great reading "

agreed
#43 Posted by wordchallenge (139 posts) - - Show Bio

1.) He can be redeemed. All he has to do is save the Bat family from something and apologize, really. 

2.) I wouldn't mind him being redeemed because I don't think it would last long before he got frustrated with the whole "we don't kill people" thing. It would make for some great story to see him reunited with Bruce and having them respark the debate of how far a hero should go to protect the people.

#44 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting
#45 Posted by Grubich (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@wordchallenge said:

"1.) He can be redeemed. All he has to do is save the Bat family from something and apologize, really.  "

Thats cool,Jason could save Bruce, Dick, Tim, and/or Damian from the Joker.  I think personaly he should kill Joker.  And if youwant for the main series to eventualy lead up to Terry McGinnis being Bats in the future at some point, this could be the event when Joker plants that high-tech DNA chip on Drake without anyone knowing for a while, or something like that.

#46 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmmmmmm
#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@wordchallenge said:
" 1.) He can be redeemed. All he has to do is save the Bat family from something and apologize, really.  2.) I wouldn't mind him being redeemed because I don't think it would last long before he got frustrated with the whole "we don't kill people" thing. It would make for some great story to see him reunited with Bruce and having them respark the debate of how far a hero should go to protect the people. "
that would be pretty cool
#48 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.