Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1753 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Anyone else find Jason's newer Red Hood costume Ironic?

• 136 results
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @entropy_aegis:  Well I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I like the stories he writes. I'm not saying that there weren't things that didn't bother me about it but I won't let them get in my way of enjoying a good story. Just because he chooses his favorites and writes about them and has them be the victors at the end doesn't mean he's a shitty writer. Morrison and Johns do it with Batman and Hal Jordan. Blackest Night was all about Hal Jordan being the "greatest" lantern the universe has. Which I think is bull but it didn't stop me from enjoying the story. And Morrison having Batman save the day in Crisis On Two Earths when Superman and Green Lantern could have done it. Is another example of a writer choosing his favorite character(s) save the day when all is said and done. Still great stories though regardless of who the writer chose to be the hero of the day.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen:  Lol. I hope she comes back. But who knows.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodJT said:

" @entropy_aegis:  Well I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I like the stories he writes. I'm not saying that there weren't things that didn't bother me about it but I won't let them get in my way of enjoying a good story. Just because he chooses his favorites and writes about them and has them be the victors at the end doesn't mean he's a shitty writer. Morrison and Johns do it with Batman and Hal Jordan. Blackest Night was all about Hal Jordan being the "greatest" lantern the universe has. Which I think is bull but it didn't stop me from enjoying the story. And Morrison having Batman save the day in Crisis On Two Earths when Superman and Green Lantern could have done it. Is another example of a writer choosing his favorite character(s) save the day when all is said and done. Still great stories though regardless of who the writer chose to be the hero of the day. "

Crisis on 2 earths?that's not even a comic.The comic version written by morrison was called JLA-Earth 2 and nobody won that. 
    There is a difference between playing favourites and just flatout crossing the line,loeb had batman and superman take on john stewart,captain atom,black lightning,katana and major force all at once,atleast johns went through the headache of creating the white lantern so that hal could use it to save the day,if it was loeb then hal would have walked towards nekron and defeated him with one punch.  
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @entropy_aegis:  I didn't know the actual name of the story by Morrison. But at least you knew what I was talking about. And yes some body did win. They stopped Owlman from destroying all life on every planet in the multiverse. All I'm saying is that you are entitled to your opinion you know. And now look we were agreeing on things now we aren't back at square one. Lol. I like the writers I like you like the ones you like. My list of writers is as follows top 5. I don't care what any one else thinks about my favorite writers I enjoy reading their stories. They aren't for everyone they aren't meant to be.

1. Winick
    2. Johns
    3. Morrison
     4. Loeb
    5. Miller
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Was at the Alliance this morning, this bit of open criticism on Morrison's Red Hood rather shocked my balls before my morning coffee. First bit of it I can recall from the "liberal media" 

Batman # Robin:  Batman Reborn
    If you missed this Grant Morrison-written story on its first couple of go-rounds, it's now a paperback. With some distance, it's clearer that the first half, drawn by Frank Quitely, is a 76-trombones wonder of thrills and economy, and the second half, the Red Hood story drawn by Philip Tan, is one of Morrison's intermittent train-wrecks, a potentially interesting idea hampered by overreaching execution and terrible visual storytelling.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/29/dont-ask-just-buy-it-march-30-2011-the-septuagenarian-cap/

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#106  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @entropy_aegis:  I didn't know the actual name of the story by Morrison. But at least you knew what I was talking about. And yes some body did win. They stopped Owlman from destroying all life on every planet in the multiverse. All I'm saying is that you are entitled to your opinion you know. And now look we were agreeing on things now we aren't back at square one. Lol. I like the writers I like you like the ones you like. My list of writers is as follows top 5. I don't care what any one else thinks about my favorite writers I enjoy reading their stories. They aren't for everyone they aren't meant to be.  1. Winick 2. Johns 3. Morrison  4. Loeb 5. Miller "

Owlman did'nt even make a grenade let alone a planet busting bomb,basically the rules of the universe of the multiverse can't be changed,if good started winning on owlman's universe then evil will win on new earth,and if both sides constantly kept messing with one another it would mean destruction of both universes,as i said nobody won there was no way either side could have beaten the other.While this may have changed under later stories written by someonelse but that's how it was in morrisons book.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @entropy_aegis:  I need to go back and reread it. Its one of my favorite stories. I know that the rules can't be changed because there is a balance that must be maintained in order for the two worlds to exist simultaneously. For some reason I thought that he had actually made a bomb and that Batman stopped him. I think I'm mixing the cartoon and the actual comic together.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Rather than resurrect the Jason should kill James Gordon Jr. thread----Anyone read the new 'Tec today? 

I'm starting to think Snyder's actually penning an issue advocacy piece about having a kids with mental illness and that's all. Great stuff though all the same.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @RedHoodsDen:  What's it called?
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#110  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @entropy_aegis:  I didn't know the actual name of the story by Morrison. But at least you knew what I was talking about. And yes some body did win. They stopped Owlman from destroying all life on every planet in the multiverse. All I'm saying is that you are entitled to your opinion you know. And now look we were agreeing on things now we aren't back at square one. Lol. I like the writers I like you like the ones you like. My list of writers is as follows top 5. I don't care what any one else thinks about my favorite writers I enjoy reading their stories. They aren't for everyone they aren't meant to be.  1. Winick 2. Johns 3. Morrison  4. Loeb 5. Miller "

I can agree with that list, I think Winick writes Todd the best IMO.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @god_spawn:  I think so too. He's my favorite writer. I can relate to the way he writes the characters. Especially Kyle Rayner.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By velle37

@RedHoodsDen said:

"It's not even that it was all bad, a lot of it is really decent. Emerald Dawn was a tremendous redux of Hal's origin but a lot of people couldn't get over the idea he was an alcoholic, or at least a problem drinker and in spite of the fact editorial tried to downplay that notion later and say he just got arrested for a DUI, there was a line that implied he'd get tanked in the morning to kill the hangover rather ritually. Johns retconned that out of existence as well. Even the "old bum Hal" stuff was decent as a reintroduction. He was burnt out, sick of serving others. Trouble had to run into him, he wasn't looking for it. But at the same time, when I tell you about the peach picker thing, your natural reaction is pretty much WTF. Because superheroes working in fruit fields comes of as rather WTF. There really isn't any plotpoint from 1988-1993 that Johns ever touched, short of Emerald Twilight. "

@RedHoodsDen said:

"Yeah what happened was the Corps was decimated in GL#200 and all that was really left was Hal, John, Guy, Arisa, Salaak, Katma  Tui, Kilowog, and Ch'p. And they sorta took a page from JLI and set up a GL embassy on Earth which led to wacky adventures like "Kilowog Learns Communism". Then Action Comics Weekly happened and everybody lost their rings but Hal, John, and Guy. Around this point, you had John doing things like attacking South Africa to end Apartheid in GL one-shot specials for the next couple years until Gerard Jones took over the new series. By this point, Hal was made old [it wasn't Parallax back then, it was that he was supposed to be like early 40s, they even dated his war record back to Vietnam]. Hal was then bumming around doing day labor, working fishing boats, and I shit you not picking peaches.] It sorta felt like those old episodes of Knight Rider where Michael would blow into a real hickish town, bump heads with the sheriff, fight the bad guy, get a piece of corn pone, and move on. John Stewart by this point was defined by feelings of racial inferiority to Hal in which he had to take off his "white" gloves, enjoyed dark roast coffee, and had all of Barbra Streisands CDs.  Not making this up. Hal even fistfought Guy for his space sector and was basically getting his ass kicked as a strategy til Guy punched himself out. The reason.-because he was too old to fight Guy any other way.   And I can tell you old man Hal personally bugged Geoff Johns as a fanboy, and the grey hair retcon was about de-aging him out of the peach picker era. "

You're very, very informed... 

Either you're old or you read a lot o_0......... 

Either way the clarity of your views is refreshing.........
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By RedHoodsDen
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @RedHoodsDen:  What's it called? "
    To be honest, I don't think it has a name. The James Gordon Jr. thing is a subplot running through 'Tec. I think it began with 872 and is going through at least 876.

@velle37 said: 
    You're very, very informed...  Either you're old or you read a lot o_0.........  Either way the clarity of your views is refreshing......... "
    Just read a lot. Child of the Kyle Rayner era and I went back and re-read a lot of the stuff before Kyle. Actually got myself to read Winick's GL run again last week. He was very, very good on that title but looking back Terry Berg just did not have enough character building time to where I think the fans gave a crap that he got beaten. And that I think makes it come off as preachy more than any actual preaching in the comic. But I think that's the downside of modern writing. 3 years is a long time to be on a title these days for most writers. which is sorta sad.

But honestly, Winick's run was great in terms of advancing Kyle. 

And I bet you just went "Who the hell is Terry Berg?!"
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#114  Edited By daredevil21134

I know who he is
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Yeah but honestly, I don't think he got too many more mentions once Winick left. And I really don't think there's been a reference in the post-rebirth era

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By daredevil21134

I think he was in the Ion series written by Ron Marz,
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Holy crap! I forgot about the Ion series. I gotta go download that lol.

Edit: Boy does this suck. I think I must've crapped out by issue 4 originally.No Terry Berg in it either. Wikipedia claims he's on panel in issue 12 at Kyle's mom's funeral but...nope. Nothing that looks like him at all.

Though in looking at the mini, there seems to be the early emphasis on Donna, Kyle,  and Dick being the anomalies the Monitors were interested in for Countdown.

Which really makes me believe Jason's part in Countdown was created for Dick originally. It makes more sense if it was Donna and two ex-boyfriends not getting along. The real emphasis back then was going to be Kyle Rayner and Jason Rusch having supposedly been from Earth 8. It was to deal with all Donna's identity issues and the fact that Dick was not supposed to have survived the rebirth of the new multiverse but did. That was who was gonna be in Countdown originally.

I'd bet money Jason Todd was to be that Dark Nightwing [as we'd heard] and Dick was probably even in the running for Red Robin as a identity post-surviving Infinite Crisis for 5 minutes. You know how they love tying Kingdom Come into the continuity.

I really wish I could be a fly on the wall during those meetings and just watch editorial's insane decision process.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By velle37

@RedHoodsDen

said:
    " @RedHoodJT said:
    " @RedHoodsDen:  What's it called? "
    To be honest, I don't think it has a name. The James Gordon Jr. thing is a subplot running through 'Tec. I think it began with 872 and is going through at least 876.

@velle37 said: 
    You're very, very informed...  Either you're old or you read a lot o_0.........  Either way the clarity of your views is refreshing......... "
    Just read a lot. Child of the Kyle Rayner era and I went back and re-read a lot of the stuff before Kyle. Actually got myself to read Winick's GL run again last week. He was very, very good on that title but looking back Terry Berg just did not have enough character building time to where I think the fans gave a crap that he got beaten. And that I think makes it come off as preachy more than any actual preaching in the comic. But I think that's the downside of modern writing. 3 years is a long time to be on a title these days for most writers. which is sorta sad.

But honestly, Winick's run was great in terms of advancing Kyle. 

And I bet you just went "Who the hell is Terry Berg?!"
    "

Of course I know who Terry Berg is.....

He was Kyle's assistant who, Kyle later found out, had a gay crush on him.....

There were a lot of complaints about these scenes as "pushing an agenda" but I personally didn't find it "preachy" just a reality of the society we live in......

The reason I complimented your views as refreshing is because I too have a lot of GL knowledge, thus was able to understand and recall from the exact comics you were talking about.....

Also Terry wasn't mentioned much post the Hand of God Ion arc, because Terry was the reason Kyle left Earth.........

Kyle was GL, became omnipotent, gave up most of his power, came back to earth for a little while had a fight with a mind controlled Sentinel, you know, the usual......

Then some gang saw Terry kissing his boyfriend and attacked them, Terry's boyfriend got away, but Terry was beaten severely close to death.......

Kyle lost faith in humanity, and didn't see the Earth as worth protecting anymore, so gave Hal's old ring to John, who became Earth's protector........

But all in all, aside form inspiring Kyle to leave Earth and go to space, Terry wasn't all that important of a character.........

Though there's still potential for Kyle to meet up with Terry in the future as "old friends"........

@RedHoodsDen said:
    "Holy crap! I forgot about the Ion series. I gotta go download that lol.Edit: Boy does this suck. I think I must've crapped out by issue 4 originally.No Terry Berg in it either. Wikipedia claims he's on panel in issue 12 at Kyle's mom's funeral but...nope. Nothing that looks like him at all.Though in looking at the mini, there seems to be the early emphasis on Donna, Kyle,  and Dick being the anomalies the Monitors were interested in for Countdown.Which really makes me believe Jason's part in Countdown was created for Dick originally. It makes more sense if it was Donna and two ex-boyfriends not getting along. The real emphasis back then was going to be Kyle Rayner and Jason Rusch having supposedly been from Earth 8. It was to deal with all Donna's identity issues and the fact that Dick was not supposed to have survived the rebirth of the new multiverse but did. That was who was gonna be in Countdown originally.I'd bet money Jason Todd was to be that Dark Nightwing [as we'd heard] and Dick was probably even in the running for Red Robin as a identity post-surviving Infinite Crisis for 5 minutes. You know how they love tying Kingdom Come into the continuity.I really wish I could be a fly on the wall during those meetings and just watch editorial's insane decision process. "

Lol, how do you miss the Ion sereis in GL reading?.......

Also yea, the fly on the wall probably witnesses some pretty crazy brainstorms........

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By velle37
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "You know...if Scarlet had been just a sort of silent sidekick parody of Lady Gaga, style over substance, wardrobe changes panel to panel. She might've had legs in that story. Like if Jason had just picked her off of facebook.  Eh, just being random. Wonder if she's coming back or not now. Winick told me DC liked her.The solicits don't mention her. Maybe Morrison said "No, I meant her to leave and not come back". "

Scarlet makes no sense.....

i don't like her as a character....

She's a random disfigured girl, but she's supposed to oppose a the well trained assassin that is Damien?............

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Eh, I think that was more of a case that Jason had trained her well enough to be dangerous but Damien just had guilt over not saving her and didn't want to fight her. She certainly had been taught all the kill strikes though.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " Eh, I think that was more of a case that Jason had trained her well enough to be dangerous but Damien just had guilt over not saving her and didn't want to fight her. She certainly had been taught all the kill strikes though. "
    sounds about right bro
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @daredevil21134:  I concur.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @daredevil21134:  I concur. "
    btw i still hate this costume lol
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @daredevil21134:  Totally agree with you 150% on that. Its just not a cool looking costume. But we just have to put up with it until someone else can change it to a better one or the original one. (for Jason)
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @daredevil21134:  Totally agree with you 150% on that. Its just not a cool looking costume. But we just have to put up with it until someone else can change it to a better one or the original one. (for Jason) "
    Hopefully someone changes it fast
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @daredevil21134:  Trust me bro I know what you're saying. I just I don't know. Part of me has let it grow on me the other part of me says they need to change it NOW. Lol.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#127  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I like it. It's much better than his stupid motorcycle get up.

No Caption Provided
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  I'm going to have to disagree. It makes him look like a retarded version of mysterio toting pistols. This isn't your neighborhood friendly spider-man. This is Jason Todd. The biker outfit was chosen because it brought out Bruce's worst fear for Jason. Which was to become a street hood. This costume is just plain ridiculous.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By RedHoodsDen
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I like it. It's much better than his stupid motorcycle get up.
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Well now we can just start paying less attention to your opinion can't we?

I mean some people enjoy snuff films.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @RedHoodsDen: Well, that was rude and uncalled for.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By azza04
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    Agreed.

@RedHoodsDen:
      That was uncalled for, what the hell does a snuff film have to do with it?? :S
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @azza04:  I believe he was comparing the new Red Hood costume to a snuff film. Saying that some people like them and most don't. Just like this new costume.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By azza04
    @RedHoodJT: I See
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @azza04:  Now the other thing he said I'm not sure about. But I don't think that he meant it in a mean way. I think he was being sarcastic. I kinda chuckled at it to be honest. But I knew what he was saying. Which was that he wasn't going to let what he says get to him from here on out...I think.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @azza04:  Now the other thing he said I'm not sure about. But I don't think that he meant it in a mean way. I think he was being sarcastic. I kinda chuckled at it to be honest. But I knew what he was saying. Which was that he wasn't going to let what he says get to him from here on out...I think. "
    Nothing I said was meant to get at anyone. It was an opinion O_O
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  Exactly. I know that and I'm sure he knows it too. I honestly think he was just playing around though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.