Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1738 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Any Red Hood Comics where he is the main character?

TheOnlyRedHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheOnlyRedHood

hey i'm new to Comic Vine and sort of new to comics as well.

I've been reading Batman and Deadpool mostly, but Jason Todd/Red Hood has really grown on me as an awesome character. Upon some research to see if there are any Red Hood focused comics.. i only found "Red Hood And The Outlaws" which I guess started back in Sept. 2011 and is only around issue 9 or 10. Can't really find any Red Hood focused comics.. or if there are even going to be any?

I know he's more of an antihero from what I understand.. but would love to see a series where he is the main focus.

with that being said... are there any?

i will read Red Hood and the Outlaws but want to know if anyone could give me a series where Jason Todd as the Red Hood is a focus.

and with THAT being said.. are there any Jason Todd comics I should read in general?

thanks in advance :D

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I enjoyed Lost Days which is a focus on him, Battle For the Cowl, which he is a big part in and obviously his big one being Under the Red Hood story arc.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Oh, and avoid both Grant Morrison's and Judd Winick's run on him through Batman and Robin.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

@god_spawn: i like grant morrisons batman and robin

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sethysquare

He is the main focus in red hood and the outlaws.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Z3RO180: I like Morrison's BnR too. But as a Red Hood fan I was appalled by his take on Jason Todd and if you liked his take then good for you. Most RH fans I know do not.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@god_spawn: My only clypes about morrison red hood was Jasons first costume i did not like the cap and that tube thing he had on his head. Also his side kick scarlet i thought was a nice touch but need a lot more work other than that BnR was awesome im still waiting on volumes 2 and 3 to come throo in the post.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Zdaybreak

Under the Red Hood, and Red Hood and the Outlaws is all I dare suggest.

There was this other short series, where Jason teamed up with Kyle Rayner and Donna Troy and they traveled the multiverse...but the name escapes me.

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By redhoodx

@TheOnlyRedHood: Under the hood, Lost Days, and Maybe Battle for the cowl. There the only series that I can recommend because of how great they are. He had a some crossovers with teen titans, the outsiders and one with green arrow. Jason's portrayal in batman and robin was really shooty at best. Morrison didn't have a good grasp on the jason character, his problem was mashing up different versions of jason from different ages of comics. Countdown to infinite crises was okay but just okay. I think the first three i listed are in continuity. the batman and robin story i think is not in continuity. because there is no mention to his sidekick or mention of him going to jail in the new 52.

TheOnlyRedHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheOnlyRedHood

thanks for the helps guys. i'll start with Lost Days and then Under The Red Hood. Then from their i'll just read whatever and make my own opinion of the rest :D thanks again

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

@TheOnlyRedHood: Red Hood Lost Days is my favorite.Read Batman Under The Red Hood as well

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By noj

@god_spawn: Grant Morrison did write him horribly BUT Judd Winick's issues of BAtman and Robin werent 1/2 bad. The biggest detriment to the story was the ever shifting art and the fact that it was RIGHT before the New 52 so it almost felt a bit pointless/

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@noj said:

@god_spawn: Grant Morrison did write him horribly BUT Judd Winick's issues of BAtman and Robin werent 1/2 bad. The biggest detriment to the story was the ever shifting art and the fact that it was RIGHT before the New 52 so it almost felt a bit pointless/

That's pretty much why I would tell anyone to avoid it. It wasn't as good as Winick's first take, but still.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.