Why all the Jar Jar hate?

#1 Posted by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do so many people hate Jar Jar?  He's the best character on Star Wars.

#2 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

o_O Are you serious?

#3 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx said:
o_O Are you serious?
#4 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's a stereotype of a specific group and he's pretty annoying though still didn't stop me from liking the trilogy.

#5 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: :O
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor George ...

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

he's annoying and pointless...but I don't hate him, however, as a non Star Wars fanatic, even I think you're ridiculous if you seriously think he's the best character...he contributes nothing, what value does he have?

#8 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

You must the same guy who asked "What all the hate for Skids and Mudflaps? They were the best characters in Transformers 2"

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause he's a modern-day step-n-fetchit and annoying as hell to boot?

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't procreate.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57756 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

he's annoying and pointless...but I don't hate him, however, as a non Star Wars fanatic, even I think you're ridiculous if you seriously think he's the best character...he contributes nothing, what value does he have?

A bum hates another bum... 

BB

#12 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just annoying!

#13 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by RUSTMAN (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say when Phantom Menace was released I was 9 and I actually really liked Jar Jar....  
I'm not such a huge fan anymore but to me he's still tolerable in small amounts... very small amounts...

#15 Posted by AssertingValor (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

he is to clumsey............

#16 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogjitsu said:
Why do so many people hate Jar Jar?  He's the best character on Star Wars.
Racism is racism.
#17 Posted by tbone1225 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I have this theory that Jar Jar is a zen Jedi. He accidentally uses the force to accomplish the best possible end. He is neither light nor dark. He's beyond light and dark. Remember when he took out that entire army just because he kept tripping on stuff? That's what I call the most powerful Jedi in the universe.

#18 Edited by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's a stereotype of a specific group and he's pretty annoying though still didn't stop me from liking the trilogy.

@labarith said:

@frogjitsu

said:

Why do so many people hate Jar Jar? He's the best character on Star Wars.

Racism is racism.

Okay, you people are freaking crazy. Jar Jar may not be funny, but calling him racist is just ludicrous.

#19 Posted by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344: Wow, I totally forgot about this thread. I only made it because I had a desire to see some nerd rage for some reason LMAO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.