Say What? Jar Jar Binks in Clone Wars

Posted by G-Man (33825 posts) - - Show Bio

It Had To Happen Eventually

I think most people haver a love/hate relationship with Jar Jar.  They love to hate him.  Was he annoying?  Yes.  But like the Ewoks, he did help save the day.  I'm pretty much a die-hard Star Wars fan but I didn't think it was a sign of the Apocalypse having a comedy relief character like Jar Jar.  What you have to keep in mind is Star Wars isn't just for those of us that can actually remember seeing Episode IV in theatres.  The 'kids' need something to capture their attention.  If they become interested, they'll buy the merchandise.  If they buy the merchandise, more movies/products will be made.  Does Lucasfilm need anymore money?  Keep in mind, they fund their own films pretty much.  They have state of the art technology.  I've seen George Lucas around town and he's not always living the high life.  He does still keep it real.

So with that, I look forward to the zany antics of Jar Jar.  Maybe I'll be one of the few but why not have an episode that is a little light and humorous once in a while?
“Bombad Jedi” premieres at 9 p.m. ET/PT Friday, Nov. 21, on Cartoon Network.  Jar Jar Binks and C-3PO team up to save Padmé Amidala from doom at the hands of evil Viceroy Nute Gunray. But the task becomes infinitely more complicated when the Separatists assume that the Gungan is a Jedi.

For those against Jar Jar, check out the clip Lucasfilm sent.  Maybe your dreams will come true...

Staff
#1 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO! I just mentioned this yesterday in one of the Brave and the Bold threads or blogs or something. Not only is it Jar Jar, it's Jar Jar with C-3P0. Get ready for Star Wars foolishness at levels you've never seen before!

I'm really thinking that this script would never have seen the light of day unless it was absolute gold. It must be fantastic. <--Delusions of grandeur.

#2 Posted by NightFang (10041 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#3 Posted by SuperCoonce (425 posts) - - Show Bio

dude - great articcle gman

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.